please forget to fall down | snakepaw

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • For many reasons, she was glad she was a mentor to Snakepaw. He was born as a runt, small and the most unexpected out of the four. In fact, she had feared he was a stillborn. Luckily enough, he was well alive and healthy, even now.

Perhaps it was a mother’s worry that he would be bullied by other cats. Some might’ve viewed him with disdain or whatnot. If anything, she felt a need to protect him, and to teach him to protect himself. After all, it was what a mother had to do. He was nearly a warrior now, though, still had a few moons in front of him to conquer.

She stood by the entrance of camp, looking into the crowd for the familiar form of her son. The morning was a good time to train. The sun had not reached it’s peak, nor had the night’s breeze dissipated completely yet.

// Snakepaw! sorry for the lateness!

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

*:・゚✦ EVERYTHING GOT SHATTERED IN THE DARK *:・゚✦

— warrior-queen of riverclan | storage | played by melo-crisis —

• 「 MY HEARTS BLEEDING — IM DYING TO LEAVE 」

Snakepaw did endure quite a bit of ruthless taunting revolving around his size, and while it wasn't easy he seemed to manage just fine. He didn't cry about the taunts anymore. They more or less seemed to go through one ear and out the other, leaving the bully even more annoyed than they were at the start of things. Honestly, the bullying would quit for short period of time before they found something to pick on him again for. Oh well, they are mousebrained anyway. He thought to himself. I'm going to be a warrior, and they will still be apprentices.

It was true that he was an older apprentice, but that he was also a runt. He was the size of an early apprentice, and he had already stopped growing. It didn't stop him from his duties in Riverclan. He found the obstacle as a blessing in disguise, since because no one wanted to be his friend; he could spend more time working toward becoming a warrior, and less time playing games. He had always taken things a bit more seriously. So it came to no surprise that he arrived to the clan's entrance on time, with his ears perked forward and ready to hear what his mother had to say about his training. He was glad that she was his mentor, since no one else likely would have shown him as much kindness, and would have probably made things hard on the runt. He offered her a smile, "I'm ready for today's lessons."

TAGS

• "I'm glad." Ravensong nodded, smiling to him. She was proud that all of her apprentices were so attentive and that they wanted to do their lessons. Perhaps it was because they were all nearly warriors. Snakepaw was perhaps the most mature out of them all. It was no surprise either. He may not be as physically large as a typical warrior, but he was quick-witted and sharp. He could fend for himself. In fact, he wasn't weaker than the other apprentices either. "We're going to focus on fighting and strategies today." She decided, "If you've got the energy for it, we could do some fishing afterwards."

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

Snakepaw listened carefully to the lesson plan that had been set in place for him- fighting, strategies, and maybe a little bit of fishing. "Sounds like a plan," He spoke softly as he stepped up to her side. He was looking forward to beginning rather early, so that later on they were able to fish. One of his weaknesses was the fact that he could grow exhausted rather easily. His body could only do so much at once, as his little legs grew tired just from carrying him around, so to add on the fact that he was to be fighting as well made it even harder for him to keep up his stamina. "Where will we be headed for today?"

TAGS

• “Lets do some water fights.” Ravensong decided, “It’s one of our greatest advantages.” She began walking as she spoke, looking back to make sure Snakepaw followed. Water did slow certain movements down and forced cats to exert extra energy, but she saw it as a way to improve endurance during training. Of course, she would never push anyone to the point of passing out, but it was a good exercise.

//mobile!

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

Snakepaw felt comfortable doing most things to do with water, so he didn't have much to say in turn of not wanting to practice water battles. In fact, he looked forward to it! Water had become like second nature to him as well. He followed his mother closely, "I love water fights. What are we going to practice first?" The only thing that he truly disliked about water was the way it made his fur stick to his skin, but other than that, there was nothing to complain about. He could recall how nice it felt pasing through strands of his thick coat.

TAGS

• She was proud that most of her kits had grown to love the water. Many apprentices had the common fear of it, but being born with the love for it was certainly a plus for RiverClan's future. "General sparring. I want to see how you would do against someone who is also familiar with the waters." It would become easy to defend any intruder stupid enough to fight with a RiverClanner near water by tackling someone a bit higher on the difficulty scale. Of course, Ravensong would go a few notches easy on Snakepaw, since she did not wish to injure her son.

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

Snakepaw had absolutely no objections to this either. It was important that he learned how to defeat enemies who were just as comfortable in the water as he was, and his mother was a perfect training companion. She would go easy on him, but at the same time, she knew how to defend herself. He would still give it his best. They were still a bit of a distance from the river, and the tom felt that it would be nice to ask a few questions. "How long did it take you to learn how to fight in the water?" He asked his mother.

TAGS

• "I never really took on a RiverClan apprenticeship, so it took me more moons than it took you." She replied, thinking about her brutal youth, "If you're a lone cat, it's kill or be killed out there. You learn every skill that can keep you safe." Ravensong didn't like telling her son about all the dangers of the loner life. He was born in RiverClan, and she doubted that he would ever leave. "It's my job as your mentor to teach you everything I can, in case something happens."

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

Snakepaw was glad that he didn't have to be on his own. He was small and likely more weak than those who had been roughened up by life as a loner or a rogue. He couldn't even imagine what it would be like, and ultimately knew that he would never leave Riverclan. He wouldn't even accept the soft life of a kitty-pet despite his abilities being so limited. "I'm glad we are here now, then. A warrior doesn't have to kill to survive." He offered her a nod as he referenced to the warrior code. "I'm also glad that you are my mentor."

TAGS

• “I’m glad you’re my apprentice.” She smiled. Ravensong’s heart felt pride as he referenced one of their rules. Perhaps it was another motherly thing to do, to be proud of her son. Snakepaw was very lucky to have been Clan-born. He was very lucky to have cats who could help him, strengthen him, and teach him. “Living under the warrior code gives us freedom without the chaos.” She said. The river was soon in their presence, it’s cool currents rushing past the shore. “We’re here. Would you like to start it off?”

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

Snakepaw offered his mother a smile, "I suppose it wouldn't hurt if I started." He kept walking toward the river until his paws were submerged, causing his fur to stick to his ankles. He looked back to her as if to wonder how deep in the water she wanted to fight. The more shallow, the easier, and the more deep, the harder. "Let me know when you are ready." He stated as he moved further into the water.

TAGS

• Ravensong followed her son into the cool waters, but she had waded to where the water was deeper, yet not too deep for Snakepaw. He would be submerged to his upper legs or shoulders, as the two would need space to tussle around in case one of them decided to pull an underwater attack. “I’m ready.” She nodded, bracing herself for the first strike.

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -