Just you wait and see [p] we'll be royalty

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • Couldn't find anything better so I went with Joji oof

And I'll go with his real name George Miller bc I'm genuinely uncreative. He's 17, SO close to turning 18 and can't wait.

Leave no trace of my misery

Get me through the day

• //aah sorry this is bad

Alex's life would have been mythical to most. He grew up in a well-off family, in a great neighborhood, having nearly perfect grades and an even better extra curricular standing- that being, an astonishing talent for theatre. He chased his dreams all the way through highschool. Of course, none of it would have been accomplished without his friend at his side- George! Or, as Alex sometimes called him, GiGi, much to George's annoyance. He had been matched in personality with the other male for quite a while, the blind optimism and clear extroversion most children had. To most, he had grown into quite the reclusive young man, choosing to go under the radar and outright avoid social gatherings all together. There was a couple theories for this, but it was most likely a mix of paranoia and the constant dark thoughts he had, however brilliant they were; it was just too much for some people, and so he simply stayed quiet most of the time.

Despite the dark and brooding personality, he seemed to be balanced perfectly by George's constant sunshine. In times of stress, you could always count on him to crack a joke or make a stupid pun that nobody can help but laugh at. Considering they did everything together, including living together, this was great! It was like they were twins. Except really not, because sometimes Alex genuinely questioned if the other was seventeen and not just seven.

This was one of those times.

Alex looked up from the bathroom sink and groaned, a surprising sight meeting his eyes. There was a poster plastered beside the mirror. That stupid cat poster. Its slogan of "hang in there!" he had seen several times. But why was it in his apartment? The purple background behind the cat didn't bother him. It fit his aesthetic. But the cat? He sighed, spitting the toothpaste out of his mouth and trodding out into the living room. "George! Why is there a cat poster in our bathroom?" He was honestly more bothered by the fact the other didn't ask than the thing's actual presence there.

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Whatcha say, that it's all for the best?

Of course it is.

• (something kind of traumatic just happened to me unexpectedly so I might not reply for at least a couple days...I might if I work up the courage to ://)

Get me through the day

• (I think I have worked up the courage to write something. I think it will distract me at least. I'm gonna channel my feelings into my dude George "Hide The Pain" Miller)

George's life before this had been...less than desirable. Almost in complete contrast to his buddy, Alex. He'd grown up in a poor, almost poverty-stricken home, little to no food every night, and too many distractions back at home for him to even get a minimal amount of homework done. Two younger siblings screaming, a deadbeat dad screaming at a stressed out mom...it was all way too much. Theater, though, and his best friend Alex, were his saving graces to life. It really helped him grin and bear his cruddy home life. Pretending to be someone else, even for just a couple hours, and doing that with his best friend of all time, that experience was just irreplaceable to him.

Living with his best friend was a treat, too. Moving away from home was a dream he'd never thought he would live to see. He loved it, despite missing his little sisters and mother daily. They didn't have much money, but were living comfortably, and George liked to try and spruce up the place every once in a while. You know, make it feel a bit more homey. This was one of those times.

George looked up at Alex from the small love seat. He took a sip from his coffee and crossed one leg over the other. "You don't like it?" he asked. "That's a shame, Alex. I just wanted to decorate a bit."

Get me through the day

• //don't worry, i will hide from reality with you

Splashing some water over his face, he looked up into the actual mirror, figuring he'd tame his bedhead later. Upon drying his skin with a towel he walked out into the main room. He had these fuzzy socks on, which he has ultimately forgotten about before passing out last night, although after almost slipping on the wooden flooring he quickly remembered. Pausing for a moment at hearing the other's voice, he waited for a moment, then shook his head. "No, it's not that I don't like it. I just don't like you going out and getting random stuff. Like cat posters." Rubbing his eyes, he yawned for what seemed to be the billionth time this morning. "When did you get that, anyway?" He asked, trudging along to the kitchen, silent despite his somewhat dragging stride.

Looking around for the kettle, he blinked a few times and finally focused on it. Without his glasses, he didn't have the most perfect vision, and he was constantly losing them. He had actually ordered contacts online, but they weren't supposed to come for another week. Right now, tea was more important anyway. Placing the tea bag in, he then carried his mug into the living room, albeit as if he was carrying the eggs after grocery shopping. Getting scalding water poured on himself was not a good look.

Sitting down, he was quiet, staring off kind of blankly. Probably mentally planning and over-planning everything he was thinking of doing, as he was prone to do. He briefly rested his gaze on the apartment door. More specifically, his eyes were on the lock- but in a moment, he was simply staring into space again. Maybe he should have slept in that extra fifteen minutes this morning...

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Of course it is.

• George set his mug down on the coffee table, upon a coaster of course. and stood up, raising his arms in the air. He stretched side to side, making sure to work every muscle in his torso before grabbing his pale green robe. He felt a little weird being shirtless around his friend, even after having known him for so long. He tied the strings of the robe around his waist and followed Alex into the kitchen area. Hoisting himself onto the counter top, George yawned as well.

"Ah, I just found it in a box I never really got to unpacking when I moved in," George told him, swinging his feet. "It used to hang on the wall beside my bed."

(Eugh sorry for the shortpost)

Get me through the day

• //k, it's safe to reply now lol

Alex made sure to inhale the scent of the steeping tea, taking a sip, which he clearly relished. Looking up briefly, his eyes immediately rested on the other's torso. Showoff, much? Some part of him was confused, as this was definitely coming off as a kind of showy behaviour from the other, but he bothers to keep a robe? Some urge of Alex's, which he quickly silenced, was the urge to compete with the other in some way. Doubt in himself, though, quickly made him reconsider. This was only shown by his briefly narrowed eyes, but the expression would have been hard to catch.

Once again regaining a neutral face, he shrugged in acknowledgement and sort of approval of the explanation. He looked at George and immediately said his first thought, which was "That really is not your color." It took a few seconds for him to register he had even said anything, but upon realizing he had said that he seemed to descend to a slight panic. He thought of apologizing, but going through that route would cause more talking, so he'd really rather not assume the other male was offended, although he probably totally was.

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Of course it is.

• (accidentally causing your character to look like a showoff when really you're just trying to be descriptive lmaooo)

George raised an eyebrow at the comment his friend just made about his choice in robe colors. Personally, he had thought he made a good investment when buying this robe. Looking down at it, he pulled at the fabric gracing his body. He shrugged, hopping off of the counter to go and grab his coffee just to come back again. Maybe pastel green didn't suit him, but it wasn't like anyone outside the house would see him in it.

"Would you rather me just go shirtless?" George asked jokingly before taking a sip of his coffee. He furled his brow at the super strong taste of it. He really did like black coffee, or at least he tried to convince himself to like it every morning. He figured that buying coffee creamer was somewhat a waste of money that they didn't have. He wasn't about to pour the rest of it out, so he swigged back the rest of the coffee and placed the cup in the sink, making a mental note to wash it later in the day.

Get me through the day

• After settling down a bit, he quietly sipped on his tea, putting it down to let out a soft, yet rich chuckle. He smirked slightly, and picked basically the only response that didn't sound really, really gay. "I don't know, I'm not the one who looks like pea flavored baby food." The insult was clearly half hearted, as despite the darkness that seemed to hold him, Alex wasn't malevolent of persona.

Looking around the kitchen, he frowned a bit. Somehow, everything here was so disinteresting, despite him knowing he should be excited. Maybe that was just the effect of moving away, though. Social jet lag. Brushing it off, he looked towards George, but not directly at him, rather spacing out at the wall behind the boy.

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Of course it is.

• George chortled at Alex's second robe comment and parted the curtains of the small window above the kitchen sink, letting little sunbeams into the kitchen. He allowed himself to stand in the light for a minute, enjoying the silence. But the quiet was...weird to him. All his life he'd been listening to almost nonstop screaming, crying, having to pay attention to his sisters. Now, he was finally able to concentrate. He still wasn't used this yet, being able to focus on himself.

After a minute, he turned around to see Alex spacing out behind him. Shaking his head, he waved his hand in front of his friend's face. "Is anyone in there?" he asked. His voice somewhat annoyingly broke the soothing silence that had fallen upon them moments before, but silence was something he could only stand in small doses as of now.

Get me through the day

• Alex registered the other's chuckle and smiled a bit, the familiar sound being somewhat of a comfort. George's laugh was somewhat like that of a child, and children were so innocent and carefree. It almost hurt him to know that there were people who hadn't yet discovered exactly how dark the world was. When they did, it was a deep and sudden pitfall. They became depressed, or alcoholic, it-

"Hm?" He looked up at Alex and sighed a bit, nodding gently at the boy's words. "Just barely." His brown orbs rose up briefly to meet his friend's, but they didn't linger, quickly focusing again on his tea. Some part of him was glad George had broken his thoughts, because that could have been a much worse thought process.

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Of course it is.

• George smiled at him, brown eyes meeting brown eyes for a moment before they both turned away to focus on something else. "Whatever you say, man," he hummed, deciding to get the washing of his mug done and over with, afraid of dishes piling quickly. The running water and the clanking of the mug against the sink were comforting, sobering sounds to him, pulling him back to reality for the day.

When he finished washing his mug and putting it back in its respective place in the cabinet, he took a seat next to his friend and crossed his legs. "So, what are our plans for today?" he asked. George was growing tired of unpacking and trying to find space for his things, and sitting down to watch television every night when he would inevitably crash on the couch rather than his bed.

Get me through the day

• He set down his now empty mug and gathered his thoughts for a moment, eyelids resting closed. Opening his eyes again, a soft stream of words followed, as if he didn't want to disturb the peace in the house by talking too loudly. "Well, I was thinking of walking down closer to times square and dropping you off at the grocery store, because we're running low on a few things. I plan to go do something else," Alex explained. He was quite direct on everything but what he was doing, which was odd. But, as the other's birthday was approaching, if he could distract George for long enough to buy a present, this was the ideal day.

"Speech."

(c)trexgirl

Of course it is.