Fawn-caramel example??

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Emmadagood! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Overwatch! Check here for more info!
  • sorry if this is the wrong board, but what does a fawn-caramel cat look like? i'd be fine with a visual pic or a written description tbh or both, ngl, i'm just confused as to what it looks like.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

bloomed in a garden of loneliness a flower that resembles you

c10fcf28eea9dafc48ad7c8b38a090cf.gifFtYpbBW.gif

• actually the caramel modifier does not show on fawn! only in blue, lilac, and cream - so there's no such thing as a fawn-caramel cat

Red/Peps || 19 || male || USA (eastern time) || trad rper/community engineer

\\ Eaglespirit - sen. warrior - Windclan //

\\ Dusksparks - warrior (ex. medicine cat) - Darkclan //

\\ Aleksei - member - Bloodclan //

\\ Goldenpaw - apprentice - Riverclan //

\\ Luckypaw - apprentice - Starclan (ex.Thunderclan) //

\\ Sparrow - warrior - Tribe of Endless Hunting (ex.Windclan) //

write on my wall you nerds

chara gallery

art shop

dusklily family tree

ultimate trad guide (wip)

ultimate medicine cat guide (wip)

• but isn't fawn a version of lilac? so it doesn't exist? or it does, but it's just a normal fawn colored cat but it's caramelized?

• ty! so there's no such thing as a fawn-caramel cat? and if there's not, why is it a genetic option? i'm more confused then before :c

• like machi said, they're two different colors - fawn is cinnamon diluted and lilac is chocolate diluted.

actually im looking into it a bit more and apparently that's a bit of a misnomer - apparently fawns can be caramelized, however they're almost indistinguishable from lilac-caramel! haha sorry about that, that was my bad

Red/Peps || 19 || male || USA (eastern time) || trad rper/community engineer

\\ Eaglespirit - sen. warrior - Windclan //

\\ Dusksparks - warrior (ex. medicine cat) - Darkclan //

\\ Aleksei - member - Bloodclan //

\\ Goldenpaw - apprentice - Riverclan //

\\ Luckypaw - apprentice - Starclan (ex.Thunderclan) //

\\ Sparrow - warrior - Tribe of Endless Hunting (ex.Windclan) //

write on my wall you nerds

chara gallery

art shop

dusklily family tree

ultimate trad guide (wip)

ultimate medicine cat guide (wip)

• ok, so would my notes for what a fawn-caramel looks like be accurate or not? i'm sorry this is so long and stuff, lol! i looked into what this was for quite awhile, but still couldn't accurately pinpoint what they looked like or anything like that :c some of this stuff in the spoiler may be wrong, i'm not particularly equipped in this field

• Fawns can have the caramel mutation, but supposedly they look almost indistinguishable from regular fawn cats, IIRC. So any fawn cat photo should work.

Edit: Here's what fawn looks like - it's lighter but also browner than lilac, almost sort of a beige color.

Want your characters' kids to have realistic fur colors? Check out the Genetics Center!
    Cats, lions, dogs, horses, rats, parrots - whatever the species is, there's probably a geneticist who can do the litter. We can also do genetics for realistic hybrid litters (check the list of realistic pairings linked in the sticky at the top of the board).
    If you want more options for a litter, just let us know!