city of the lost | RP thread | sign up link inside!

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Shadowstar the leader! Congratulations to them! To the rest of you: please stop letting them win all the games! Just click below to learn how to enter the monthly giveaways!

The next giveaway is for Jurassic World Evolution Deluxe! Check here for more info!
  • Pippin | Goldendoodle | interacting with Roxy

Pippin turned, looking up at the Aussie in front of her. Her fur patterns were beautiful and for a moment Pippin was captivated. She loved the look of unique fur patterns. She snapped back to reality when she heard the plea from the dog. “Of course, hold on!” She woofed, slamming the kennel door a few times. The lock was a bit newer than the one that belonged to her cage, so it was a little bit harder to budge. It took all of her strength to get the door to fall inwards. “Watch out!” She yelped, watching the door fall towards the dog inside.

Pongo | Dalmatian | interacting with Raven

His eyes widened, instantly knowing that he should have held his tongue. He didn’t realize that there were puppies in here with him, and instantly felt terrible. “Oh gosh, I’m sorry little one. I’m terrible, just terrible!” Pongo said, pawing at his own face in annoyance with himself.

Usually, Pongo was the most energetic, cheerful dog you’d ever stumble across. But this lack of food and water has really brought a down to his energy and optimism. “I think I can get it, watch out!” He said, throwing himself at the door, mimicking the other dogs. His door flung downwards, smashing the ground with a loud bang. He looked up, sensing a glare being sent his way. The Dalmatian looked up and noticed that who he only could have guessed to be the mother of the puppy, staring him down. He looked down, apologetically.

• Roxy | 2 years | Aussie

2e7f371700c38a857bbec217e95b0176.jpg

Roxy was well-trained and had very fast reflexes, so she jumped from the cage without harm. As she saw the goldendoodle who rescued her in front of her, she blushed. “Tha... thanks,” she stuttered. That dog just saved her life! But what could she do? Maybe stay by her and protect her. “I... I am Roxy,” she tried to bark friendly, but it sounded a little scared.

Interaction: Pippin- carmeng11223

• *interaction: whoever is outside their cage, tbh I'm kind of lost with where everyone is XD low muse too*

Bumble lifted her head again, hearing commotion throughout the kennels. She couldn't see much from her angle of the room, but she head mention of humans and escape and perked her ears up. "Humans are back?" she yipped excitedly, dancing on her paws and sticking her nose through the door of her cage. "Please someone let me out, bring me with you!"

+++

Slowly, gradually, the corner of the fencing pulled away from the bars and bent inwards as Caspian clawed at it. Using his long legs and thin body to his advantage, the white and patched dog managed to wiggle himself through the hole. He smirked in triumph as he stood on the other side of his cage. "Take that, world," he mumbled, and turned to survey the room. It was getting noisy, and from what Caspian gathered, a couple dogs had come in from the outside. Odd but... at least the door was open now. Ignoring all the others standing in the walkways of the room, Caspian pinned his ears back and trotted straight for the door, head set on freedom.

Currently: Super busy moving. Will be on and off the site.

• If you need my character icly, message me and I will work something out as soon as I can

tumblr_p7bbebnN0n1x8pr7ro1_400.png

• ❝CANCER MAY BE WINNING HER FIGHT...❞

Phoenix was busy glaring at Pongo when she heard multiple calls for help. Firstly, she turned to a small white dog. Unfortunately, it wasn't Sammie. Quickly, the Siberian husky trotted over to the little dog. "I'll help you out, but please help me find my family. I can't leave without all of them." The big dog backed up, then rammed herself against the cage door. After a couple gos, the door bented inwards and finally caved. Phoenix gave the littler dog a smile. "I'm Phoenix. What's your name?" // interacting with EnvyX

Raven realised the dalmatian was about to bust out and had been talking to her, and shook her head, leaping out the way. While she was growing and almost the same size as her mother, the dalmatian was still bigger. Finally, she tried to speak to him. "That's fine! Can you help me find the rest of my family?" she asked hopefully. Phoenix had busied herself freeing the smaller dogs, and no doubt Shadow would be too dim to try and break his lock. Speaking of Shadow, Raven's ears pricked at a familiar voice. "I think I hear one of them now. Can you break him out?" She rounded on Pongo, her dark brown eyes round. // interacting with carmeng11223

Shadow was bashing against his door. Unfortunately, he'd been the runt and had always been weaker and smaller. So that meant it was useless. But he thought he could hear Raven. Had she heard him? The yearling was bigger than he was - embarrassing, considering he was a whole four years older than her - but she certainly wouldn't be able to break him out alone. Hopefully she'd get some help. Again, where was Storm? That dog could probably break everyone out with just one bash of his heavy tail if he really tried. // interacting with everyone/no one

Sammie was scratching desperately at her cage. The old Jack Russell hated being in cages. It reminded her of her first home, before the Deatons. They'd locked her away for days with no food or water sometimes, and she'd been scarred from then on. She could hear a rising sound. It was pawsteps. The little dog watched as a dog (Caspian) padded past her. "You do realise if you go out there alone, you're not likely to survive, right? Come help me out." she called after him. Her voice was rude, as always, but Sammie was not a nice dog. Maybe her spirits would pipe if she saw Raven. She'd always liked that pup. // interacting with aliferous

Storm had bashed out of his cage long ago, and was approaching the area where all the dogs seemed to be congregating. There was a goldendoodle, a dalmatian, an Aussie and a few other dogs. His ears perked when he saw the small frame of Raven and the slightly larger of Phoenix. Unfortunately, they both looked busy. Presumably trying to find Shadow and Sammie. The two huskies had always been the alphas of their little pack. Instead, he sat down near the goldendoodle. "Hi. What are your names?" It was a weird way to start a conversation, but Storm figured it'd be best to start making friends. He doubted they'd split apart after this. Phoenix might want to, but he knew for a fact the rest of them found safety in numbers. // interacting with carmeng11223

❝... BUT IT HASN'T WON OUR WAR.❞

☾*: SOMEONE WILL LOVE YOU — BUT SOMEONE ISN'T ME

TRANS MALE / HE/HIM / PAN ACE

• Marlee Smiles looked around and sighed. She pinned her ears and nuzzled the small doll her dead mistress had had. The female golden retriever looked over at the large Great Dane male who slept beside her. His name was Bones and he too missed his family just like she did. Marlee whimpered and tried to avoid the other dogs that were around her. She closed her eyes wishing everything could just go back to normal. Marlee began to breath quickly, having a small panic attack about the whole, horrible, situation.

Bones was asleep.

• Pippin | Goldendoodle | interacting with Storm and Roxy tubig.   *Twinkle*  

Pippin’s eyes gleamed with happiness as she saw all of the dogs beginning to escape. Looking towards the dog she now knew as Roxy, and the bigger dog who had bashed out of his cage earlier. “I’m Pippin!” She woofed, her happy, charisma filled personality practically radiating off of her golden coat. She felt hopeful again, seeing everyone break out of their cages. “I’m so happy to see everyone getting out! It’s a step in the right direction.” Pip cooed, looking at the puppies that had freed themselves.

Pongo | Dalmatian | Interacting with Raven tubig.  

Pongo blinked at the little puppy, happy to have no scared it too badly. “Of course, I’d love to help. Just lead me to them!” He woofed, towering over the little dog. “I’m Pongo, by the way. What about you, lil’ one?” He said, his tongue loling out of the side of his mouth. He was happy to be free, and happy to help others.

• I'M UP AND DOWN I'M NEVER SATI—

nazareth / interacting with / male ♂

*:・゚✦ the rustling around inside the (closed) room made Nazareth hopeful. he could hear bits and pieces of conversation in a familiar tongue. he tried again at the knob, trying desperately to twist it over. to no avail again- but he had other ideas than abandoning the presence of other dogs. he backed up to the other wall, then took off. turning right in a timed blur, his shoulder hit the door and made a loud THUNK. nothing. nothing except Naz, his aching shoulder, and the noise of the other's.

"Speech."

baby, i'm star-struck by you

name / interacting with / female ♀

*:・゚✦Navishi had little trouble digging her claws through the lock, if only she had been the one to think of it earlier. she pushed her gate open and stared around at the other dogs, but without wasting much time she was over to a few cages and unlatching them with her teeth. she got to a huge white and black dog resting quietly on the floor of his cage- oddly enough. sleeping through all the chatter and noise. she didn't bother to wake him, but merely unlatched his cage and moved on. when she turned around, she heard Pippin's voice echoing through the kennel. making her way through the crowd and back towards her original cage, she sat near it, waiting. the THUNK didn't catch her attention.

"Speech."

I WANT THE WORLD IN MY HANDS

//to all it may concern, i'm now back to my regular activity <3

• Laika || Aussie || 5 || Location: cage|| Interaction: Roxy *Twinkle*

Laika kept picking at the lock with her unclipped nails, thankful that her humans forgot about her nails this time. She heard the usual click, like back at her cage at home and pushed the door with her muzzle to test it. It opened! The aussie gave an excited woof and jumped out of her kennel and running towards Roxy. ¨Let's get on out of here!¨ she barked, looking at the little group of other dogs she found

Chase || Klee Kai || 8 months || Location: cage || Interaction: Open

Chase snored but heard paws skidding and cages opening and breaking in his sleep. He thought it was a part of the dream he was having but as he opened his eyes, blinking the sleep from them he noticed they were all leaving their cages. Did they forget about him, ¨Help! I'm still here¨ The klee kai pup whined and scratched at his cage floor

I'm back, active until school starts! Invite me to yo threads :D

tumblr_mmwchwzMV11qml236o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

• *interacting with Sammy tubig. *

Caspian paused as he heard a voice from a kennel he had just walked past, seemingly directed at him. He turned around with a growl forming on his lips, padding back to stand in front of the cage. This brought him face to face with a small, greying terrier. She was clearly old by the way her pelt hung on her body, and she had a glint in her eye that only experienced dogs had. Caspian, amused by the sight of such a little dog telling him what to do, just huffed in her face. "I've lived on the streets for a while, you ancient rat." His stomach rumbled, and the borzoi was reminded how hungry and thirsty he was. The longer he stayed here, the weaker he would get. He better get moving. "I can fend for myself." Turning tail to the little dog, Caspian made his way to the door again. He wasn't going to waste his strength on such an old thing. She'd probably be eaten right up by any predators out th-- Wait.If there was one thing Caspian learned while on the streets, it was to always have a scapegoat. Someone to blame things on, some poor little soul to throw to the wolves when he needed a quick escape. And anyway, terriers proved to be very good alert dogs with a magnificent sense of smell, something Caspian lacked. This little dog might prove fairly helpful to him after all...

Hoping he wasn't making a mistake, Caspian turned back around and walked slowly to the little dog's cage. After wordlessly fumbling with the corner of the fencing a bit, he had pulled open a hole big enough for the terrier to squeeze out of. He stood tall above her and stepped back, watching her with piercing eyes. "If you get in my way at all, I won't hesitate to be the one to get rid of you myself."

+++

*interacting with whoever is out*

Bumble whined and whimpered, continuing to call for help. "Please don't leave me behind!"

• If you need my character icly, message me and I will work something out as soon as I can

• Bones woke up hearing Bumble and stretched his long legs. The Great Dane slowly walked over to her and sniffed the female. “What’s wrong?” He asked and sat down beside her. “And please stop whining, I’m getting a headache. Don’t worry I’m sure nobody is leaving you behind.” He spoke and glanced back at Marlee, who was watching him. Bones sneezed and looked at the female, stufying her confused.

• *interacting with Bones Jaybird *

Bumble stepped back suddenly, looking confused at the dogs on the other side of her cage. She pawed at the fence again, suppressing a whine. "I can't open this myself," she complained. "I'm hungry, I don't want to be left behind!" Unable to hold it down any longer, she whimpered again and whirled around in a circle in her cage, panicking.

• Bones barked at her, telling her to be quite. “Shhh! It’s only a fence. Stop freaking out small stuff.” He rolled his eyes and pressed on the cage. “I might be able to help you out, what can I do?” Bones asked while looking at the fence, trying to find the best way to knock it down. He glanced back at Marlee and gave a small smile to her, knowing she was happy that he had decided to be nice for once.

• baby, i'm star-struck by you

name / interacting with / female ♀

*:・゚✦without thinking, she slid in front of the big white dog and unlatched the cage that stood around Bumble with her claws this time. she didn't make eye contact with either of them, but slid away once it swung open and made her way over to the other, boldly coated dog still trapped in his cage. she undid the latch, perking her ears at the familiar click. stepping back as the cage swung open, she waved her tail in a friendly manner.

//i. bumble, bones, chase

"Speech."

• Roxy | 2 years | Aussie

2e7f371700c38a857bbec217e95b0176.jpgRoxy looked thankfully at Pippin, watching other dogs escape. As she saw her sister rushing to the door, she barked. “Yes, good idea. Pippin, don’t you mind coming with us? I think we’ll be safer outside as a group.” She looked around and heard barking and louder barking. She was used to this, because she lived in the shelter. The small and tall dogs escaping, nobody being left behind... maybe these dogs may be social. But what if she is not? She was never selfish, but... Ahh, whatever. She left her psychology behind, and was back to the normal world.

• Minnie

Backing away from her kennel door as a female husky approached, Minnie would cock her head slightly and wag her tail at the dog's words. "Yes, yes! Of course I'll help you look for your family" she agreed eagerly, ready to promise anything if she just let her out..

Scampering to the very back of her cage as the other female began ramming her door, Minnie would huddle against the rear corner, flinching with every impact. However, the very second her door caved in, she was flying out of it. Her small visage nothing more then a white blur.

Running a circle around the dog who had freed her, Minnie would leap up and lick her chin in a show of gratitude. "Thank you, oh Thank you!" she yipped, jumping up to lick her again.

Settling down a bit, though her tail still whipped back and forth, she would gaze up at the husky with a smile.

"It's nice to meet you Phoenix, my names Minnie" she greeted, glancing away briefly at the cages that were still closed. There actually didn't appear to be many left, and she caught sight of one dog slinking around, just opening cage doors before slipping away without even a word to the occupant.

Frowning a bit, she turned her attention back to Phoenix,

Tags: tubig.  

Dallas

He watched idly as dogs escaped their cages and helped other dogs get out, his expression somewhat detached. Scratching behind one cropped ear, he would release a huge yawn. Who knew it would be so simple as throwing yourself repeatedly at a metal door to get out, go figure.

Well it didn't mater to him, he had no energy for such a strenuous act. Lying back down with a heavy sigh, the burly brute would continue to watchthrough droopy eyelids,

ooc: I have like, zero muse for poor Dallas ;-;

You Don't Stop Playing Because You Grow Old——・゚✦

・゚✦ —— You Grow Old Because You Stop Playing

The post was edited 1 time, last by EnvyX ().

• //will respond later - slow down please? I can barely find the responses to my posts lol

• ❝CANCER MAY BE WINNING HER FIGHT...❞

Phoenix laughed at the hyperactivity of the little dog. "You're welcome, you're welcome." she chuckled, before lifting her nose to try and pick out Shadow's scent. She could hear him - Raven looked like she was about to help him. Instead, she started forward to look for Sammie. "Here, follow me. Tell me if you see a little terrier." Barely two seconds later and she'd spotted the little dog, and spun round to block Caspian from the door. "Don't threaten her like that. I'm the only one who can do that." // interacting with EnvyX   aliferous

Raven let out a small breath of relief. Her eyes lit up as she heard Storm's voice, but refrained herself from being rude and leaving the conversation. They needed the entire family. "I'm Raven, but some people call me Ray." She smiled, then padded past the dog. "My uncle should actually be just over h- Shadow!" the pup suddenly yipped, barrelling over towards a cage. // interacting with carmeng11223

Shadow grinned standing up and wagging his tail. "Hey, finally. I saw Phoenix go past to Sammie and thought you'd forgotten about me." Glancing up, Shadow spotted the bigger dog. A Dalmatian, he looked like. "Who's this?" // interacting with carmeng11223

Sammie growled. "Fine. I won't get in your way. Ju- oh. Never mind, Phoenix is here." she grumbled. Sammie was happy to see the dog - for once in her life - but no way was she letting that through. // interacting with aliferous and low muse sorry

Storm smiled as the two females introduced themselves, then at the idea of leaving, his smile vanished. "Can we wait for my family first? I want to come with you but I can't leave the girls and Shadow behind." Storm gestured to where his family was scattered- Shadow and Sammie still in their cages, and Phoenix and Raven working to free them. // interacting with carmeng11223   *Twinkle*

❝... BUT IT HASN'T WON OUR WAR.❞

• Roxy | 2 years | Aussie | Interacting with: Marlee Smiles ( Jaybird ), Pippin ( carmeng11223 ), Laika ( ~Fennec~ )

2e7f371700c38a857bbec217e95b0176.jpg

Roxy sighed, looking at Pippin. She was her very first dog friend, except for Laika. She looked at Storm. “Umm... I think yes. I am not really afraid, but we don’t know what might be outside. I think as a bigger group it will be safer,” Roxy said. The dogs were talking to her- they were strangers. But maybe they are really one big pack now and should help each other. Anyways, she would help anyone here just to get along with the group. Maybe this isn’t so bad... maybe it is a chance for her to make friendships with dogs. Maybe it will be easy... “Laika, Pippin, don’t you mind?” she asked, when she heard whining. She saw a female dog in a cage. “Oh, may I help you? I can’t do it myself, but the other put their claws in the lock,” she navigated her and the great dane.

• I'M UP AND DOWN I'M NEVER SATI—

nazareth / interacting with / male ♂

*:・゚✦naz's mouth was far too small to fit around the knob, and that was certainly out of the question. still fumbling with his paws, finally, the knob clicked and swung open. he stared, bewildered at the amount of dogs just figuring out how to break free of their cages. his black snout was lifted in the air. who were all these dogs?

waving his tail, he waited for the dogs to address his achievement, his shoulder still aching from being thrown against the metal door.

"Speech."