It's a trap (open)

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Shadowstar the leader! Congratulations to them! To the rest of you: please stop letting them win all the games! Just click below to learn how to enter the monthly giveaways!

The next giveaway is for Jurassic World Evolution Deluxe! Check here for more info!

• Hazelung

Hunting.. Sober hunting. He shook out a cramp in his paw but otherwise he seemed fine, he had considered what Clovershade had said so now he was trying it. A screech caused him to whip around startled, his eyes scanned over the area trying to find the source but all fell silent now. Hazelung swallowed hard and flatten his ears, there was something not right about the noise he had heard but he continued on.

The black and white tom had only found a sole mouse by the time he came to an odd object sitting in the middle of the land. He slowly put the prey he had caught to the ground before moving closet to inspect the rather large object. It looked like a circle with sharp teeth, there was an inner flat peice within the set of teeth. What was this thing? Carefully the tom made his way over the teeth to step within the circle, his blue eyes were locked upon the round disk in the middle.

"Where did you come from?" Hazelung wondered aloud. He put his paws up onto the disk and it went down while the teeth closed with a loud clang.

His heart was beating rapidly against his chest, his ears ringing.. His ears- He was stuck. The warrior lifted his eyes towards the closed jaws of the object and saw that his ear was caught, bits of blood dribbled down. Maybe if he pressed on the disk again? He tried reaching for it to press down onto it but it didn't do anything. Then he tried scraping his claws against the teeth but there was no way he could pry it open.. The tom only had one choice then.

Hazelung gritted his teeth together bracing himself for the pain before he yanked himself away from the object. Pain seared his ear, stirring a bit of a headache with it, he collapsed onto the ground and cupped his torn ear with his paw.

• You find yourself nearby when a loud snap sound hits your ears. Was that twoleg trap? Perhaps a piece of prey was captured in it.

But alas your hopes are dashed against the rocks when you find Hazelung’s sharp scent and form on the ground holding his head. ‘Hazelung!’ You shout, dashing forward and doing your best not to hack and cough all over him. That herb’s strong scent is still plastered to him.

Sweet Dreams are made of these∘✧*

Who am I to disagree?

Cherrymound• Tr. Darkclan• Female• 26 moons• Sphynx Cat• Warrior• slightly insane

• Hazelung

He squeezed his eyes shut trying to will the pain away but of course that didn't work. There was a muffled noise somewhere.. Hazelung opened his eyes, his optics soon finding Cherrymound. The patchwork tom slowly lowered his paws and winced, a good chunk of his right ear had been torn off and the blood was running down the side if his face. The ringing was still on going, so was the pounding in his head but he forced himself to sit up, his eyes narrowing so he could focus on the furless feline. "H-Have you seen those before?" His voice was louder than he had intended it to be.

• He sits up, blood running down the side of his face. Clovershade was not goin to be happy about this..

‘There used for fox hunting. Its called a Bear Trap, because they can also be used for hunting bears. You step in it, and you’ll have lost your leg.’ You explain, rooting around a tree for cobwebs.

Who am I to disagree?

Cherrymound• Tr. Darkclan• Female• 26 moons• Sphynx Cat• Warrior• slightly insane

• Hazelung

Lose a leg? The tom gulped, he was lucky it had just been his ear he had to pull out. He raised a paw to the side of his face feeling the bit of moisture that was staining the white parts of his fur. "We ha-have to find all of them." Hazelung insisted, worry that it would be someone else losing their leg.

• Clovershade

//shIt

"Haze?" Clovershade called, green eyes searching her surroundings. The russet and white molly had been looking for her.. well, she didn't know exactly what to call him yet. They hadn't really made anything official.

Anyway, the female walked faster, trotting towards his scent that she'd finally caught.

Something was wrong though. The tension in the air. The smell of.. what was that? It wasn't..blood? And fear.?

Lime green eyes narrowed, she called for him again, "Haze?" she shivered. Okay, that was definitely blood.

Her trot shifted into a nervous jog, and then she broke out into a run.

Heart slamming, she searched around until she saw him.

Hazelung. Ear.. Where was it? What?

He was injured and Clovershade was just staring in shock like an idiot.

Luckily, Cherrymound was there. She was good with herbs.. right?

Running ahead, the russet and white female stopped in front of Hazelung, her green eyes wide with fear.

"Oh my god, Haze.. What just? No- dammit, sorry, what can I do to help" she stammered, legs shaky.

(c)trexgirl

raf_360x360_075_t_fafafa_ca443f4786.png

Here we are, don't turn away now

Played by -Renegade- | tags

| Norwegian Forest Cat

| 18 moons

| Senior Warrior

• Hazelung

His eyes soon fell upon Clovershade as she stood there was a shocked expression before she made her way to him, he flatten his ears- No, he couldn't do that. Hazelung winced at his attempt so only one ear was lowered. The look upon the molly's face made him think she was more scared than he had been, "C-Clov I'm okay." Torn ear bleeding down his face, pounded head and a muted ringing in his ear- But yeah, he was okay. "J-Just stay here. It's okay." He was trying to comfort her, assure her that he would be fine. The patchwork tom lowered his paw, though he supposed his appearance wasn't helping. "H-How do I look?"

• Clovershade

Dammit. How could he remain so calm? She settled next to him, green eyes wide with worry.

Bushy tail sliding around so that it wrapped around him, she tried her best to comfort him, and he tried to do the same, assuring her he was fine.

Even though he wasn't! She glanced at his ear that looked like.. well.. not an ear.

He asked her how he looked, and her jaw hung open. How could she respond to that??

Taking a deep breath, she tried for a shaky smile. She could be calm. She didn't want him worrying about her when it was in fact, his ear that was torn off.

"Better than b-before" she smiled weakly, trying to ease the worry as anxiety she felt.

(c)trexgirl

| Norwegian Forest Cat

| 18 moons

| Senior Warrior

The post was edited 1 time, last by Clovershade ().

• *:・゚✦ Obsidianstorm

—— youre my mortal flaw, im your fatal sin | tags & information *:・゚✦

youre not nice bael///

also this totally could lead to something bigger oof ideas i shouldnt follow otherwise with everyones angsty self half of dc will be dead//

obsidianstorm was thoughtful, walking through the forest with sharp eyes and light steps; hunting. already previously he had found a measly vole, and wanted to make up for it with a bigger catch before heading to his clan. and he seemed to find one, a large and fat squirrel chipping its way at an acorn with its back turned to the large feline. a few strides had him close enough to leap, and his leap times with the clang of a nearby object with a familiar sound.

the squirrel darted, and he landed sharply on the ground where it was moments before. if it wasnt the sound of familiar voices and the scent of blood trailing to him, hed have been annoyed. but it was quickly forgotten as the siamese made his way to the noises.

his blue eyes looked over the scene. hazelung had gotten his ear ripped off in a silver metal twoleg object, a trap that they used to hunt animals. it seemed, if twolegs were hunting again, the clan would have to be cautious. hed have to tell lilystar to enforce the kits staying in camp rule, and lead a patrol to make sure that these traps werent of great quantity, as well as set them off with a stick like they had done before.

as he listened, he fell short of words. hazelung seemed perfectly okay, like nothing had happened. his eyes narrowed, taking in the traps, taking in the loners that wandered the territory, and taking in all the injuries as of late. ""lets get you home, then ill have a patrol search around for more of these so they dont allow anyone else to come of harm."" he said, his tail flicking in an irritated way that meant they might not be able to do anything. twolegs will set more out, if darkclan was as unlucky as they were. more cats will get injured, and obsidianstorm could only pnder if theyll save enough cats with the patrols.

"Speech."

*:・゚✦ let me feel the sting the burn underneath my skin

put me to the test ill prove that i am strong

wont let myself believe that what we feel is wrong *:・゚✦

— obsidianstorm | 38 moons | male | t. darkclan deputy | tags

—coalstar | 22 moons | female | deceased t. darkclan leader

sidaisy_1.png

(c) daisykit,

• Hazelung

//Angst brings me muse, do ittt

He gave a small chuckle at Clovershade's response, "A-And I thought you didn't l-like the brute look." His knobby tail thumped against her tail and he glanced back at her tail around him. "Th-That's about all I can do." He mumbled trying to distract her from his wound.

Hazelung's head turned towards Obsidianstorm when he heard the tom speak, he quickly stood up- which was a bad idea as the blood rushed to his head but he remained standing. "I-I'm not going back until we find a-all of these. I have another e-ear, I'm good." He informed the siamese. "F-From what Cherrymound said, w-we can't waste time. An apprentice or k-kit could be slipping out of camp l-like they do at this very moment." The patchwork tom shook his head causing some drops of crimson to fly, his eyes widen and he looked to Clovershade hopping he hadn't hit her, mouthing a big 'I'm sorry'.

• Clovershade

//DarkClan is the angst clan.

Clovershade returned a crooked smile to Hazelung. "I did say that didn't I?" she chuckled. "You're still a dork though" she mewed fondly.

Pausing she searched his expression carefully. "Are you sure there aren't any herbs that could help? I think poppy seeds help? A few of the flowers are growing near by.. I can go collect a few" she offered. "They're like painkillers. It'll make you drowsy though"

Clovershade's attention shifted to Obsidianstorm, who thought up an efficient plan. "I'd like to come on the patrol if that's fine" she mewed, glancing at Hazelung. She wasn't allowing anymore of those wretched contraptions or hurt more.

Hazelung quickly stood, alarming the female. She didn't want to be overprotective, but she didn't want him to get any more hurt.

He insisted on coming along, and Clovershade paused.

"Are you sure? I don't want your ear getting infected" she mewed softly.

He was also right though. The kits were sneaky and mischievous, as were some of the apprentices.

Clovershade suddenly thought of her apprentice, Antpaw. One of her legs was permanently injured. Clovershade wouldn't allow another to cripple her.

"As worried about you as I am" she chuckled sadly, looking into his blue eyes. "I think you're right. These things are really dangerous. We need to deal with them soon."

Hazelung shook his head, and a couple of drops of blood hit her paw. Shocked, she flinched, but shook her head back at Hazelung. Except she didn't send blood drops his way. 'It's fine' she mouthed back.

(c)trexgirl

| Norwegian Forest Cat

| 18 moons

| Senior Warrior

• You return, nodding in acknowledgement to Obsidianstorm’s words. A patrol would be nice, disarm the ugly things. For now, you focus on your “patient”, swathing cobwebs over the wound to stop the bleeding.

Who am I to disagree?

• Hazelung

"I-I'm sure ah-" He hadn't heard Cherrymound return again so he only noticed her presence upon what was left of his ear flaring up as it was touched, he flinched at the feeling and glanced at the furless feline sheepishly. "S-Sorry I'll stay still." Hazelung mumbled.

• ‘If you’d like something for pain, or to change those webs for something fresher later on, see Dusksparks. If he is unavailable, well im still here. I still have the knowledge.’ You mew, with a small smile of accomplishment as you stand back and look to the deputy to get the patrol moving.

Who am I to disagree?