Keep the Secret||Pretending You’re Just like Them

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • Good, good. Zibiah lifted her head again, looking at Tobi with an almost stinging glint in her chocolate-colored eyes. If looks could kill, he'd be gone. But there was an expectant look in her eye as well.

"...Well? Is it true, what Iris said?" she demanded, shifting to stand up. Her pelt was covered in dirt and mud, proving that she hadn't been handling herself very well. This... this might've been what she needed.

I want you for a lifetime

So if you're gonna think twice, baby

I don't wanna know, baby, I don't wanna know

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Zibiah frowned, a hint of hopefulness in her eyes. She looked like the animals you see on ASPCA commercials. "What do you hope to achieve?" she asked quietly, taking a cautious step forward. "What do you think you can do, why are you staying so close? It makes no sense, so explain."

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Tobi hesitantly looked up to meet her hopeful gazed. He hoped that by telling her his answer to her questions, she wouldn’t reject him. That’s his biggest fear right now. “First... I want to make a point by saying that I don’t ever hope to replace Aspen as he holds a special place in your heart but... I’ve done what I did up to this point is because I’ve fallen for you. I hate to see you so upset and I wanted to cheer you up somehow.”

• Zibiah was quiet for a moment, a long one. She was pondering his words. She remembered, the day Aspen had learned of their expected child, he had gone looking for someone to tell. She knew he had spoken to Tobi after telling her to run away, but she didn't know what he had said.

In truth, her late lover's last words had been telling Tobi to take care of her. To keep her safe when he no longer could. Of course, only Tobi would know that.

"...Did you get his permission before he was lost?" she asked quietly, looking down at the ground. She had a feeling... And she knew Aspen would do something like that.

Hey, did that make them a match made in Heaven?

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Zibiah was quiet for a moment. That actually sounded exactly like something Aspen would say. She lifted her eyes to him again.

"..Okay. I believe you," she whispered. "But if you're lying, and you just want me to be a meal, I'm fine with that. Death will let me be with Aspen again."

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Zibiah reluctantly looked the male in the eyes, her gaze softening. "I doubt that one, but I'll trust you. Just... I can't handle an extra commitment right now. Try again in a few months." And there it was, the soft-reject. But she did tell him to try again-- maybe she just needed time to grieve. She soon glanced over at Iris. "...As for you, is there any advice you can give me? You're right, about the whole 'a part of him lives on' thing... So do you have any orders to give?"

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Well, a soft reject is better than a complete one. The fact she’s saying he can try again once she’s moved on, gives him something to look forward to. Iris hums, looking at the deer woman once she asked for advice. “The biggest thing I suggest is for you to seriously take care of yourself. You can finish your mourning period but you can no longer continue what you were doing prior to this. Start eating full meals and allow yourself to eat any craving you may have. Allow Tobi to help in any way he can, whether it’s massages or getting you something to eat.”

• Zibiah let out a long sigh. Full meals? She hadn't had a 'full' meal in a few years... She could never finish one. But maybe she could now. Who knows? "I'll do my best. But should I be taking any precautions in relation to leaving the house, or switching forms? Is there anything I should know, any risks to be aware of?"

qwmsy6f.jpg

• Zibiah seemed a bit... scared, to say the least. "Iris... Listen to me. This was the form the fawn was conceived in. And according to everything I've found, all shifters must be in the same form throughout most of the pregnancy, starting and ending with the same one." She paused, widening her stance a bit so she didn't somehow lose her balance. "And besides, all shifters are meant to be in their feral forms when they give birth... They taught that at every class back before I was chased from the herd." Everyone was taught that, actually...

qwmsy6f.jpg

• “I’m serious Zibiah. Since you cannot shift, you need to allow extra help in everything else. We can figure out lodgings later but you must be extra careful while you’re in the forest. If you have to go, have someone, such as Tobi, be with you as protection.”

• Zibiah gave a noise akin to a groan. "Can you PLEASE start making sense? You're making this overly complicated," she partly snapped. One could attribute this to hunger. She hadn't eaten much these past few weeks, okay? "We all know that a shifter's child retains the form their mother was in during conception, and that the mother needs to stay in that form after the fifth month to prevent mutation. Is that what you're trying to tell me to do?"

qwmsy6f.jpg

• "Then that means I have three months to do as I please in regards to this," Zibiah stated. "So long as I'm sparing with my shifting, I should be fine, right?"

qwmsy6f.jpg

• The fallow deer gave a soft nod. "Yes, ma'am. I understand. That means no heavy lifting, and no running unless it's an emergency, right?"

qwmsy6f.jpg