SPOTLIGHT; Hawkclan ambassador

The winners of the latest giveaway are: Rose Petals and Azeda!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Dragonball Fighter Z! Check here for more info!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Chara (Undertale)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Vampyre! Check here for more info!
  • Similar to Wind Haven, Valerian hadn't stopped by the Overgrowth on ambassador duties for almost a month now. She knew she should be ashamed - and she was - but not enough to bring her mood down. In fact, it was barely enough to persuade her into coming. She brought another ugly, handmade gift basket, though this one was kind of special because it held a bunch of her own childhood things, like pins to attach to cloth and bags, and old toys that seemed a bit worn out, but still entirely cute. It was odd bringing her own things as gifts, she knew, but these were things she obtained from places near and far. She was sure some collectible freak would find an interest in these things. Valerian also stuffed some trusty booze and a couple of sharp weapons along with her, the more common items.

Valerian sat at the border patiently, lapping at her chest before calling out, "Anybody home? Hawkclan ambassador here."

THE ROOM IS ON FIRE AND SHE'S FIXING HER HAIR

• DO WHAT YOU FEEL —

HawkClan. It was a name that was familiar to Isabella only in passing, but she recognised it as a friendly one. Thus, the tabby she-cat would approach the stranger with an air of friendliness about her, ears pricked skyward as she approached the border.

"Hello there." The oversized Brave would meow as a greeting, and she dipped her head respectfully. "Sorry for the wait. Do you need Thalasso or Jailbreak? Or will any brave be suitable?" She had to admit, she was still unfamiliar with how ambassador programs worked.

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH

thirteen moons + brave + played by wren + attack in goldenrod

• She was happy to be greeted by a pretty golden tabby, a bit taller than herself, but that wasn't uncommon with most. Valerian carried a sharp attitude preferably to hide her lack in stature. Most bigger, stronger people labeled her as weak and targeted her for her small frame, which is why she made sure to show people she wasn't to be easily messed with.

Nevertheless, the tuxedo wasn't here to size up foes, she was here to greet one of Hawkclan's allies. She offered a smile, "Not at all, anyone will do. I've brought gifts on behalf of Hawkclan." That sounded polite and formal, didn't it? She hadn't gotten the whole ambassador thing down just yet. Valerian pushed the basket forward, picking out bits of stray grass before handing it her way. "I also came to check up on you guys, see if everything's going well. My name is Valerian, by the way."

• DO WHAT YOU FEEL —

Ah, so this stranger was here on good news. That was always reassuring, Isa thought with a note of satisfaction. She relaxed further when the HawkClanner confirmed that she could take the gifts. Her attention began to slip when she introduced herself, so Isa had to force herself to focus, a small headache making its presence known in the process. The gold and white tabby accepted the basket gratefully, giving the contents a cursory look. An assortment of trinkets, some bottles; she was thankful, and she was sure that the others would be. Valerian was a lovely name. She thought, and realised that she'd had the reaction to how Valerian introduced herself.

"I'm Isabella." She introduced herself finally, looking up from the basket. "We're glad for the check-in; things have been quiet, but we're managing. How is HawkClan?"

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH

thirteen moons + brave + played by wren + attack in goldenrod

•   Ah, HawkClan was a sight for sore eyes. Like Valerian, Jailbreak had been somewhat neglecting her duties in visiting her designated clans, them being the Thunderlands, and Riverside. When she saw the HawkClanner on the border with gifts in tow, she made a quick mental note to visit the listed groups. Jailbreak padded towards the chatting duo with a small smile gracing her lips, a bob of her head in greeting soon following. "Hello, Valerian. My name is Jailbreak. It's a pleasure to meet you," the acting archdruid then greeted verbally, voice soft and polite as she spoke to the other female. She glanced at the gifts inside the basket as her daughter had, curious, though only for a moment. "Thank you for the gifts. I hope you all are fairing well," Jailbreak added on in the same manner as before, a small smile still gracing her lips. It seemed a bit forced, as if she didn't want to be smiling, though she was doing so anyway.

• Before Valerian had the chance to speak, another joined in on the light conversation. This was going much better than her last visit, mostly because the two who joined her were a little too nice. She dipped her head Jailbreak's way in greeting, "Glad to hear the Overgrowth has been doing well. Nothing new has happened recently in Hawkclan. In fact, it's been a bit on the slow side, too, but I'm sure it'll pass." These things always did pass with time, and with summer on full swing, she was certain activity would pick up within all the clans and tribes. She wasn't all that excited, though, it meant possible trouble.

She supposed this was the end of her ambassador task. She brought gifts and checked up on the quiet tribe; and she was awfully eager to be back home and in bed. "Well, I hope you like the gifts! They're a little ugly, sorry about that." The tuxedo giggled nervously, secretly hoping they wouldn't insult her childhood toys in front of her even if they did have no clue they once belonged to her. "And enjoy the booze! It came from my personal stash."