MY SCARS BLEED GOLDEN ✶ OPEN, RETURN

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Emmadagood! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Overwatch! Check here for more info!
  • ——— YUU BASKERVILLE ———

Worn like that of a little girl's doll in the midst of a war-torn home, the Sanguine Ruin's vicious warlord, Yuu Baskerville, had definitely seen better days. His bones ached with a tiredness that echoed in his soul (did he even have one?) and slowly claimed him, driving his mind to the ground and seldom allowing a proper thought to pass through his hazy mind. His features were of utmost somnolence, stress and harsh weather and deep regrets having dirtied his youthful features and, somehow, he seemed older than he was. His bones ground together uncomfortably, agonizing pain shooting through every limb as he pressed on stubbornly, without a word, with only a single suicidal goal in mind.

Yuu never had a place to call home. He never had anyone to call a friend nor did his parents take an active role in his life, considering that they were both dead. He showed up, alone and abandoned, without a smell to distinguish him apart from the warm cotton his scarf bore and the sweet-smelling daffodils that had grown in his everlasting backyard of ruined youth, and dubbed himself "Yuu" without any provocation. Previously nameless, without a home to call his own, Yuu now stood on once-familiar rolling dunes of white sand, bleached walls standing ever-so intimidating before him. Like an intimidating courthouse, he stood among its center, ready to be handed the verdict he deserved. Traitor.

He left the Sanguine Ruins, slipped into the night a few days after their supposed first victory over SunClan, trekking to the same clan that they had fought vehemently for so long for a selfish reason that no longer matter to him. He found what he needed and, quite frankly, the results of his investigation were disgustingly disappointing. Akuma was not who he thought he was. He would be branded a traitor in the place he grew up in, though he wondered if the Sanguine Ruins would be forgiving of their beaten down, pathetic prodigy. After all, Yuu hadn't ever known a Ruiner who was forgiving in nature.

Dizzy, the seven foot tall direhound lowered himself into a seat where he stuck one leg out in hopes of steadying his swaying form. A low huff exited his maw, his claret gaze unclear for once, as they browsed the horizon for any form that would approach him. He felt ashamed, looking as pitiful as he was.

STEP BY STEP I'LL CARVE

( these very memories into the world. )

( ☾ ) ——— ( ☾ ) ——— ( ☾ ) ——— ( ☾ )

• "Mother of god, you're tall and big as fuck."

The ocelot approached the direhound with a sigh of dismay. The appearance of the creature held no recognition for the Darling, however, there seems to be a gut feeling of somehow knowing this stranger. A frown replaced his bored expression as he scooted closer to Yuu, his neck aching already from craning to see the face of the Baskerville. "What's up? You look quite dizzy and awful. Hope it's not some bad news that about to wreck ya life," Jack finally greeted the stranger. "Perhaps Sanguine Ruins can be of assistance with whatever business you want."

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

THEY WANNA BREAK ME AND WASH AWAY MY COLOURS

• ———— YUU BASKERVILLE ————

A DREAMER WITH A FEVER TO BE GREAT WAS ALL I EVER WANTED.

In the nauseous heat that bore upon him like a thousand vultures waiting for him to perish, he barely managed to see past the haziness before to reveal the unfamiliar (yet strangely familiar?) form of Crackerjacker. This was a Ruiner he hadn't the pleasure of meeting when he was more of a terror despite being half the size he was now with arrogance running thick in his cursed veins. He easily deduced that the ocelot approaching him had joined some time between him leaving and joining SunClan and departing from aforementioned clan. Half-lidded claret luminaries shifted downward onto the first tier, unfazed by his first comment. He knew he was big and tall and scary-looking. He was sure that this won't be the final height for him either. It was likely he'd grow even taller soon enough.

The exhausted youth gave the older ocelot a look of faint irritation whenever he was told he looked quite bad off. "I know." He rasped, the words strained and his throat on fire. It felt as if someone took a cheese grater and roughly dragged it down the length of his throat. Yuu was dying (quite literally) of heat exhaustion and sleep deprivation and probably on the way to promptly passing out, and so it was a given as to why he was to tetchy to start with. However, the Ajin wasn't afraid of dying again. He would simply restart and all would be better. He guessed whichever would come first— him getting help or him dying of a heat stroke —wouldn't even matter in the end. "Would it be too much of a bother to get something to drink?" He'd utter to the Darling painfully. If he had some water, maybe he'd have an easier time speaking without the fear of passing out on his old home's border.

STEP BY STEP I'LL CARVE

• reducedemotions

Reducedemotions knew nothing of Yuu and his past, to him the hellhound on the border was entirely foreign and as much a sinner as the rest of them. "Name and business," he stated as he approached, conjuring up a glass of water and offering it to the stranger. His powers were not limited to sand manipulation, but he found little need to use the others on a day-to-day basis. He was not as well-trained in the others either, so there was always the chance of something going horribly wrong. It hadn't happened yet, but there was always the chance.

(c)trexgirl

*:✦ THE DESERT SUN COULD NOT MELT MY HEART OF ICE,

BUT I MIGHT JUST THAW UNDERNEATH YOUR WARMTH *:✦

— reducedemotions| sanguine ruins | attack in #9AFEFF | tags

• The look of faint irritation did not bother Jack much. Instead, he merely shrugged in response and glanced over to his partner in crime, Reducedemotions, who had just joined his side. He also had beaten the ocelot to conjuring a glass of water to offer to Yuu. Not like he could like magically conjure some H2O mind you, because he didn't really have any powers save for multiple possessions, if that was like still a thing. "I already kind of asked that, kiddo," he lightly headbutted the fellow groupmate before turning his attention back to the Baskerville. "Anyway, drink up fella, don't want to keep you out in the sun all day in your state of condition."

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

Upon someone else joining Crackerjacker, Yuu barely shifted to land his gaze on the even smaller creature that then conjured a glass of water before offering it to him. The direhound, without much word, would take the glass of water from Reducedemotions into his paws and lift it to his mouth. Parting his jaws, exposing elongated fangs and pearly white teeth, the Baskerville would down the glass of water as if it were whiskey in a shot glass. The cool liquid slid down his throat, easing the tenderness and refreshing his system. He blinked hard for a moment, wishing away the headache that had blossomed in his head and then placing the now empty glass beside him. He cleared his throat, silent for the next couple of moments, before he began speaking. His voice was still grave, still a little rough, but overall Yuu was already feeling better apart from how physically exhausted he was. "Thanks... I'm Yuu. I'm looking to return to the Sanguine Ruins." He would explain, his long tail lashing once behind him, whipping up sand and tossing it to the side.

/ rushed, trying to get to sleep

STEP BY STEP I'LL CARVE

• Yuu. Huh. The ocelot flicked away the thought, knowing it probably was nothing. Even if he did know this guy, he couldn't remember too well. A lot of people knew him and all, but he didn't know all of those people that knew him. Must be the dumb popularity thing. "Watch the sand," the Darling jumped to the side as the sand that had been whipped up by Yuu's tail floated slowly in the air. Jack's nose wrinkled into a sign that he was about to sneeze, in which he did. He let out an annoyed sniff before turning his head up to the tall figure. "Well I guess welcome back then, do you need help being carried over back to camp or are you all goody goody by yourself?"

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

• //hI yak pls correct me if yuu's not in the body cherry knows

Yuu Baskerville. Cherry knew him, that traitorous son of a bitch. He'd been a trusted high position of hers - hell, she might have even gone so far as to call him a friend - that had been around and helping with nearly everything during the height of the Ruins' war with Sunclan. There came a day, though, as his activity began dwindling, he just didn't show up again. Cherry didn't really think much of it at the time, not until she learned that he had gone to fucking Sunclan. Sunclan, an enemy, a clan that had tormented theirs for months. The fury she'd felt had been almost incomparable to anything she'd ever experienced (which was an exaggeration for sure, but she was definitely pissed), but she'd gone on. He was a fucking traitor, not someone worth her time. But now he was back? Oh, this was rich.

At first glance, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Yuu? The boy had wandered into her clan when he was just a few months old - she could remember watching him grow, sitting back as he sparred clanmates, even fighting along side him in battle. Of course, her most prominent memories of him were not very fond, as showed on her features. "Not so fast," the molly's voice sounded, addressing Jack, as she strode over, lip curled in disgust. Hypo would likely be far more forgiving than she, and, nowadays, his opinion somehow mattered more than hers, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to give Yuu a hard time while she could. "You've got some real balls showing back up here, you know that?" Though far smaller than the canine, Cherrywine was sure Yuu knew what she was capable of. "Why not go back to Sunclan, Yuu?" Clearly, Cherry had trouble getting over things.

tags

RULE #1 IS THAT

YOU GOTTA HAVE FUN

cherrywine cobblepot pinterest

The war-torn direhound, tired and agitated beyond belief, couldn't believe that no one else apart from these two (who were unfamiliar, yet the ocelot seemed to stir up some kind of familiarity in which made his stomach curl uncomfortably) had let a traitor like him in with a warm welcome. Yuu Baskerville very well knew what he was to this clan, a traitor, and so he knew someone was bound to come by and throw that word right in his face. He would just have to wait for it. He refocused his clearing onto Crackerjacker as he sneezed, unaware that the sand had been disturbed that much to cause the other to sneeze, and them inquired if he was to be fine on his own getting to camp. "I'm fine. I doubt any of you could carry a seven foot tall direhound anyhow." Yuu was quite sure he was one of the largest (or the largest) thing in the Sanguine Ruins. However, he'd have to see for himself when he got to camp.

Just as he was gathering himself up, someone else came into view. Someone who was very familiar in contrast to the other two Ruiners who stood before him. His crimson luminaries narrowed faintly as the woman sashayed across the desert, already looking fierce and pissed off. Did Cherrywine ever have any other emotions apart from being pissed? Yuu had wondered that for the longest time ever since his youth. Examining her expression and the way her body seemed taut with anger he doubted that she would going to give him the warmest welcome, and so he prepared himself and the lumbering Ajin leaned back into his seat just as Cherry spoke.

He looked bothered as he cast his gaze to the side and harrumphed in a bad temper, his tail thumping against the sand. That was, until, the woman turned her fiery gaze onto him and began speaking to him in the tone he's seen her take with other people thousands of times before. If he were any younger than he was now, he would have jumped up at the chance to argue with Cherrywine when uncontrolled anger boiled his blood daily. He wouldn't have stood for being cussed at or being talked to in such a deriving tone of voice. But Yuu was tired, quite frankly, and the former Queen was simply being a nuisance at this point.

"Barbara." He muttered, unaware of her name change, "I fucking hate SunClan." He said matter-of-factly, licking his lips impatiently. "I doubt that you care, but I was there for personal business that turned out unfruitful in the end, so I've come back home." While he had been there, he just so happened to be promoted to Sunguard. It had been easy to leave SunClan, he'd only really stayed for a month anyway after finding what he needed. The rest of this time, he had been by himself.

STEP BY STEP I'LL CARVE

• Yuu was right. Jack could no way help carry the large creature back to camp. Actually, the question was rhetorical, not mean to be answered because it was pretty crystal clear that the Darling would break his back if he dared to support the Baskerville. Thankfully, the direhound declined, saving him from having to make an explanation for the fact that his question was not meant to be taken literally until he heard the voice of Cherrywine. His head turned to the female, speaking so heatedly at the sight of the former Sanguine Ruins member. Barbara? He glanced between the two, knowing this was probably not the best time to intervene, yet his dumb ass would because he had to obviously before it escalated. "Alright, alright you two, hold the buckle up. Unless Yuu here really fucked up shit here, he's a go, Miss Cherrybomb," the ocelot meowed. Actually, he didn't care much for politics. He was kind of a somewhat familiar figure in SunClan because that was where his daughter, Immortalkisses lived. Even if they were enemies, they were okay with him, hence, he was okay with Yuu here, unless he really fucked up and was really a traitor. Then that was a different story.

MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

• quite a few ghosts had resurfaced from past as of late.

yuu. it was a name in which held no grand nostalgia surrounding it, for lacking within the once warlord of lonesome oblivion were memories ever sickly-sweet in connection the creature of ivory and gold. hypokrisis had solely known the other for good between shared glances withholding utmost respect across home's grotesque, crimson stained lands as they carried about their duties- both with blood splintering pelt for hlghly seperate reasons. even still, it was quite a blast to the past, or perhaps a reminder, of how beings so often went in came.

creature forged of dying clouds and moon flesh stepped forward, utterly grave within wake as gentle thunderstorms filled claw beds to brim, unquaking in there way. he bore an expression of movement upon face which barely seemed to touch the corners of his eyes, a hidden message laying beneath the show of utterly genuine truths. parsley lips were drawn in a careful line, thoughtful within beautiful contemplation. "Barbara," hypokrisis' tone flavored the air with honey and gunpowder, caution edge as he spoke in a matter of fact form of tone. not condescending like he was speaking down to the others, no, but more careful in direction. there was an even meaning behind this, a warning to stand down.

"Crackerjack is correct- Yuu never truly did anything to wrong our clan," words came with a thickness lacing each syllable, ache of familiarity, knowing of the three relics of a war forged of spite and splintered bone, particularly for the one which had brought blood-lorn conflict to its end and the pries which was payed for it. in truth, the move of yuu had been utterly rotten, switching allegiances at the last embers of swirling battle. perhaps he had his reasons, but it came to pass none the less. he'd not given away secrets or betrayed them in a honest truth. it was easy to see with eyes clouded with hate, hypokrisis had made a descion like that as leader, as king, and it'd cost him to be foolhardy due to emotions. he'd try better, do better, to not make same mistake.

"He's welcome here," hypokrisis returned, albeit lacking tender nature which so often stood warm upon gracious features. there something graver, edged within wary, but willing to try. a relic of innocence long tainted with cunning intelligence, idealist drowned within crimon fury and world's cruel truth. yuu was clever and had no reason to lie, or even to return. but in still. "However- if you do decide to prove my trust was ill-placed the consequences will make you wished you'd never stepped on the ruins' land, understand?" it was not a threat, but a promise, kept even and unassuming but holding within it quenched flames of quiet intimidation. but hypo saw the way yuu looked when speaking his reasons, though vague, agony and misery. put it to the past, hopefully it would stay there.

he'd do what he must for the sake of his clan, damn himself and his way, give his all, take so not to be taken from. with this in mind, with what he may become, what he had the possibly of having to do, hypokrisis as he was so often lost in the moonlight.

• "That's not my name!" the molly snapped as Yuu addressed her, growing dangerously closer to the younger male. Her paw twitched, itching to wrap around the handle of her dagger and drive it deep into his flesh, but she maintained her composure, for now. He hated Sunclan? Yeah, as if. He'd been in, like, Shadow Veil, too, right? Even before he came to the Ruins? Something fucking stupid like that- why wasn't he back there? Did he really think anything he did or said was believable? Please. Cherrywine wasn't fucking dumb; though she couldn't speak for the rest of the clan. "Tell me, why should I believe your sorry ass after all this time? You fucking left us for an enemy. Sorry to break it to you, but once a traitor, always a traitor, sweetheart. There's no 'get out of jail free card' in the Ruins." Even now, she was still trying to play Queen. Though, come to think of it, when had she not? "Home"? This place wasn't his fucking home. He had left this place, and he had the audacity to call it his home? Before she had a chance to go on, however, Jack interrupted.

Cherry closed her eyes, sucking in a deep breath as she turned to round on Crackerjacker, probably about to go off on him, too, when Hypokrisis - probably one of the only souls who had ever been able to get her to shut up - arrived. The tabby blinked slowly as he spoke, clenching her jaw so tightly she thought she may crack a tooth. Cherrywine, though elegant in her ways, was not the type to take orders of any kind, from anyone- and she pretty much hadn't, for the majority of her life, for before she even reached one year of age, she had gained control of a whole-ass clan, no more superiors, no one to look down upon her or to command her to do this or that. That was all gone now, and she had to take orders from someone else - not just anyone, however, for her new "King" was none other than the little friend she had grown up with. He might have the others fooled, but, no matter how strong a shell he created, she knew what was beneath all that, was just a little healer boy who really had no idea what he was doing. And he was trying to tell her what to do? As fucking if.

Had it not been for the nature of their relationship, she probably would have snapped at him too, but instead, she bit the inside of her cheek, casting Hypokrisis a dark look before turning back on Yuu. "I'd watch my mouth, if I were you- Hypo's not always gonna be around to swoop in and save you." Was that a threat? Uh... duh. Not caring to wait for a reaction from any of the remaining parties (they'd probably just roll their eyes at what once was, anyway), the femme said an internal "fuck it" and turned to leave, spitting the blood that had accumulated from gnawing the inside of her mouth into the sand as she stalked off.

tags

RULE #1 IS THAT

YOU GOTTA HAVE FUN

cherrywine cobblepot pinterest

Upon Cherrywine snapping at him, Yuu hardly gave any reaction apart from a slow blinking of his eyes. He didn't really care for being yelled at, not at this moment, and the former Queen was slowly itching his nerves as well although it perhaps didn't show too well. He hoped Cherrywine remembered how volatile he was too and of what he could do to her-- or anyone for that matter --too. The fact that Cherrywine refused to believe him was hilarious. She still carried that superiority mindset, let angering and bitter words fly out her mouth with no filter, believing that she was untouchable. Yuu felt his lips upturn into a smirk as she grasped at straws to prove that he was undeserving of calling the Sanguine Ruins 'home.' "If I wanted to betray the Sanguine Ruins, I woulda done so a long time ago." He said in all of its truthfulness. There was no reasoning with the molly since she was always on her high horse, he knew that much. Besides, arguing with someone who was on the same level as him (ranking wise) was unimportant and trivial to him, and so Cherrywine was just wasting his time.

It was then that Hypokrisis arrived to give his piece on the entirety of the situation. His wine red gaze slid over onto the hellhound and the self-proclaimed king of war was surprised at how much the boy had grown since he'd last saw him. With the aura that shrouded him, Yuu had no problem discerning that Hypokrisis had managed to snag the rank of leader himself. The Baskerville, who was always skeptical of who led what clan and how, was oddly pleased to see his former co-worker pulling the reigns. The direhound remained still as Hypokrisis welcomed him, warned Cherrywine to stand down, and gave a promise all too quickly.

"Understood." He'd say, his voice completely controlled and modulated and he betrayed nothing of gratitude despite such a feeling growing in his stomach. Then, of course, Cherrywine had to get the last word in. He harrumphed. The audacity of this woman was always astounding the Yuu-- she really was just a child, wasn't she? He didn't have to watch anything. He could do whatever the hell he wanted and if Cherrywine thought that a threat was going to make him shiver in his boots, she was horribly, terribly wrong. He was a goddamn saint for putting up with such behavior towards him.

STEP BY STEP I'LL CARVE

• 'CAUSE IF I LET HIM OUT HE’LL TEAR ME UP, BREAK ME DOWN !

female - 12 moons - single - warlord of sabotage - sanguine ruins - tags

Always came over to take her place beside Hypo and her eyes locked on Yuu. Her hollow optics flicked to the former leader and then back to the new member. ‘I am Always Dead. Welcome.’ She offered bluntly before the kit sized warrior sat down. Simply enjoying the show for the moment.

thinking | ‘writing’ | “speaking” | “famine” | “pestilence” | “death

HOLD ME AND LOVE ME

JUST WANNA TOUCH YOU FOR A MINUTE