Things to note:
- I'm currently mostly interested in poly plots, preferably no more than 4 characters, but if the plot's interesting enough I'd be willing to try more.
- I RP in first person. I don't care for the PoV of my partners, but I'd like to avoid second person as much as possible.
- I'm looking for semi-lit partners.
- I'm not strict about activity, but I'd like to know if you'll be absent for a while, otherwise I'd appreciate a post a week at worst.
- Nobody expected the famous ALiEN dance crew to come from a bunch of teenagers who weren't even that interested in dance to begin with, all planning to go off in their own directions to become whatever they wanted, whether that was a pro sports star or maybe a regular country side farmer. It was a mystery how they rose from the ground up to become easily the most recognized hip hop and breaking crew in dance and pop culture history.
What's this then, you ask? This is the story to clear the mystery of how they came to be; and let me tell you, it wasn't easy. Blood, sweat, and tears were put into this, and drama was left and right as they everyone tried to get along through out the competitions and events. :: At most 10-12 characters due to a variety of roles, actually one of the few plots I'm fine not having any romance with. If romance is to become involved, my character(s) would likely only be involved with at most 3 characters. Is also the prompt of an RP I was involved in a couple years back that died due to inactivity. ::
Muse A is fresh out of school and isn't quite sure what they want to do with their life next. Before they can start shopping their resume around, they get a call from the casting department at a major TV network. Muse A almost forgot about the impromptu audition tape that they made for a Real World-esque reality TV show several weeks ago. To their surprise, they've been chosen to be a cast member! With no obligations holding them back, they pack their bags and fly out to the house where they'll be living with 6 other people for the summer. Muse B is one of their cast mates; the first person Muse A meets upon arriving at the house. With a little coaxing from production, it isn't long before Muse A and Muse B are in a full-blown show-mance; cuddling in the common areas of the house, kissing in the confessional booth, fighting about the other flirting with someone else at the club and so on. Overall, the experience is a blast for Muse A and the relationship with Muse B is fun, but it's nothing Muse A anticipates to last once the show is over. Everyone parts way when the show wraps at the end of summer, including the house's it-couple. One week after taping ends, Muse A hears a knock at their front door. It's Muse B who just moved across the country in the hopes of continuing their romance with Muse A.
Optional: This could be a group plot if the show experience is played out. :: This is one I've wanted to try for a while, actually, and there's a couple of ways it could be changed to be poly. I'd rather be Muse A. ::
- Muse A works across a dance studio. They've harbored a crush on Muse B for longer than they could remember. In an attempt to get closer to Muse B, Muse A joins their dance class. Cash prize in mind, Muse B decides to enter a dance competition with Muse A. Slowly, their practices become less about the cash prize and more about spending time with each other. :: I'd be fine with either role, tbh, though I'd also like to include a Muse C here as well, either as someone that works with B, is a dance partner of A, or perhaps is even someone from a rivaling team (from the same class?). ::
Service Andriod: Muse A is a service andriod; a human looking machine that was created for one sole purpose: to make the lives of humans easier. Programmed to do any skill required of their owner, Muse A lives a peaceful life. That is, until they are purchased by Muse B, who bought Muse A on a whim and has no needs for them, except for wanting company. Finding themselves frustrated (for the first time ever), Muse A does everything they can to please their new owner in fear to being seen as useless and winding up in the junk pile.
Possibility: All SA's are programmed to do as their owner likes. Muse A was programmed by the spouse of their owner in order to have an affair with them and was sold when their owner found out.
Possibility: Muse B finds themselves attracted to Muse A but does not pursue it as they do not want to offend Muse A or come off too strong.
Possibility: In this world, a combination of human DNA can be added to a SA's exoskeleton, allowing for a part human/part android prototype.
Possibility: Muse A is one part human, but serves a new master after having been mistreated by their previous one. :: There's a way or two to add a Muse C or perhaps a D, but I'm not too opposed to this one being monogamous. I'd love to be Muse A. If monogamous, I can't do MxF. ::
- An important figure's child is assigned two personal bodyguards to be with them at all times after an assassination attempt on their parent. When another attempt is made on the child, they guards successfully save them, but they're all forced to flee away to a secluded location. Muse A, the child, starts out with anger and resentment towards the two, but they have no choice but to bond due to the predicament. :: I'd probably prefer to be one of the guards, tbh. Probably one of the ones I'm least interested in. ::
- Muse A is a patient at an unknown hospital with a goal to figure out the abnormal abilities of patients with "magical powers" (we can discuss whether these powers are fantasy-esque or are augmented abilities). They torture, test, and abuse these patients until they have learned all they can, or until they die as a result of the treatment. Muse A manages to escape, and finds Muse B, a neglected teen who lives on their own in a house their parents left them. Muse B takes Muse A home, provides shelter, food, and comfort. When the two begin to settle into some sense of normalcy, the group working with the hospital tracks them down and forces them to flee. :: A Muse C (and D) could certainly be added, probably as escapees as well. I'd prefer to be Muse A. ::
- Imagine that A and B are together, and so are C and D. However, they need to keep their relationships a secret, so they decide that the best way to do that is to pretend they’re dating someone else.
They convince everyone that A and C are dating, and that B and D are, too, and it works really well, except then both fake-dating pairs catch feelings for each other and aren’t sure what to do about it, because they still like their actual partners, too. :: This one in particular would need a bit of plotting, as there'd need to be a valid reason for the secrecy, and just something overall to make an interesting plot. ::
Another thing to note is that I don't quite want romance to be the main focus. Any and all prompts that make it seem otherwise, I'd like to work with whoever's interested in it to create an actual plot. Also, all characters are, at earliest, in their late teens.
You are free to suggest your own, I'd love to hear any of your ideas.