If I Died Right Here, Right Now, Would You Even Miss Me? (PAFP BxB)

The winners of the latest giveaway are: Rose Petals and Azeda!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Dragonball Fighter Z! Check here for more info!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Chara (Undertale)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Vampyre! Check here for more info!
  • Arkham shifted but followed the other closely, Giving a farewell nod to Tom who did the same. "Have a good rest of your night Wyatt." The man hummed and leaned back, watching them leave with a soft smile.

Arkham kept himself close, moving at a weary distance of anyone to come from around any corners or out of any rooms. Holly's approach drew an instant grin, picking the fekine up to love on her affectionately, bumping noses and smiling. Continueing to follow Wyatt like some kind of shadow.

When they entered the office he set the cat down, freezing at the other man's voice, he brought a hand to cover the tattoo on his arm defensively. Worried of being jumped. Wyatt and him talked a moment, and Arkham nodded his hello to Alex, but spoke no words, Frowning, that instantly brought a sting as it stretched the gash marks. A wince rippled through his body and he hissed.

Wyatt's command made Arkham tilt his head curiously, moving softly over to him to sit in a chair, gathering Holly into his arms. "I'm sorry, that I didn't tell you about Pa. I didn't want anyone to really worry about it."

I am the Adorable Bubble fox! A Mizutsune to be precise. I'm actually a rare little dragon~

7b31239154c6141fdd6fa2c1409a02f1-dae9db7.png

I mean. Yeah. I could totally eat you in like five seconds.

MHGen_GIF_Mizutsune_thumb.gif

But that doesn't make me any less fluffing adorable!

IMG_5050.gif

• Wyatt stayed silent for the time being watching as Holly laid herself out in Arkham's lap seeming perfectly happy right where she was. Raising a brow he gave a soft sigh before slipping off his jacket and letting it rest on the back of the chair. "I get it, you don't trust us very well. That's understandable. Just one hell of a shock for me." The leader wasn't that upset about Arkham not feeling comfortable telling him. They'd only known each other for a day at the most. "I didn't really get to know your dad all that well. There are a lot of people that did though." Standing himself up he waded through the stacks of paper that had piled up here and there to come out from behind the table. Sighing he walked over to a set of drawers pulling one open. It groaned in protest as it was opened for the first time in a long time.

He looked down into the contents of the drawer pulling out a set of thick rimmed glasses setting them off to the side to pull out an old notebook that had been hiding in the very back of the drawer. Flipping through the pages he set the notebook down near where Arkham was sitting. "My brother loved to draw. He was pretty good at really. He sketched a few of your family. Take a look if you want to." There was a bit of cracking in his voice before he shook his head to make his way back to where he had been sitting before. Closing his eyes he leaned forwards putting his hands in his hands to get his composure together.

With several quiet breaths he shook his head coming back to reality. "Sorry. Anyway, I'm guessing you don't want anyone else knowing the truth right now." Wyatt straightened up working to move the subject away from his brother. It was still a very sore subject for him still, but he thought it would be a good thing for him to see. In the silence he leaned forwards holding his hands out. Holly leaned forwards to let Wyatt pet the top of her head.

You're just trouble..

Just looking for a place to happen

• Arkham listened quietly, when Wyatt voiced his surprise with Arkham's distrust he found himself wincing. "I-I'm sorry... I just... I don't know any of you. It's all just new faces to me. Voices, different routines... I just- I can't just look at this place like home. I was five when I left. Things have changed. I barely recognize anything here." Arkham's stuttered to justify himself, what if he'd angered Wyatt? Frustrated him? He didn't seem frustrated or mad, but looks could be deceiving. He just didn't want to put himself in a dangerous situation.

He fidgeted again watching him stand nervously, working his bottom lip between his teeth and tensing when the drawer opened, watching it as if there would be some kind of punishment awaiting, though glasses and a sketch pad wasn't something he'd been expecting. He reached out to the glasses (I think he gave them to Arkham?) and brought them close, observing them. Why had Wyatt kept them locked away? They were in amazing shape... He looked up at Wyatt as if confirming permission before replacing the spectacles.

Vision was instantly better for him, his eyes got wide in surprise and he blinked a few times, looking over at Wyatt, who in fact was now much more distinct. He could see every little detail, as if he'd had perfect vision. Studying Wyatt properly for the first time. Whe was rather good looking mind you. And his hair was amusing, like some sort of permanent bed head, the boy snorted a slight chuckle and hid it behind a cough.

He picked up the pad, looking at it with soft awe. "Jesus... Wyatt, this is amazing." He ran his fingers over the image. His mother was as gorgeous as he'd remembered, his father just a stoic as always, though still held that kind protective look. Amusement. Mischief. He was a confusing man, but someone who had impacted so many lives. Arkham found himself tearing up at the memory of his father, the pain his mother must have gone through. Her baby taken from her, husband slaughtered. Arkham felt the familiar guilt. Faulting himself once again. Had he not been such a dumbass his father would still live now, he'd be happy... He shook his head and rid himself of any tears, looking back up at Wyatt and shaking his head as a no in making his lineage public.

I am the Adorable Bubble fox! A Mizutsune to be precise. I'm actually a rare little dragon~

IMG_5050.gif

• Noticing his hesitation with the glasses he nodded for a moment before watching him slip on the glasses. He saw himself smile watching his eyes get big through the glasses. He didn't say anything while he was looking at the world until he turned to look at him. He quirked a brow at the momentary coughing. "I didn't think I looked that horrible." Wyatt smiled to himself before he reached into his pocket remembering the medication. His breath caught in his throat when he caught a glimpse of his brother's drawings. "He definitely had an eye for drawing." Wyatt chuckled shaking his head briefly before coming back to reality.

He nodded in agreement crossing his arms over his chest. It was probably best the Knights didn't know who Arkham was. That would split them pretty violently. Some of the older members would most likely welcome him in and try to make him feel as at home as he might have felt as a kid. The younger members would most likely just dislike him that much more. He had helped kill the first and arguably greatest leaders the Knights had. "Alright, I don't think anyone else will really figure it out, but I'll talk to Todd so he doesn't tell anyone either." Wyatt checked that off the list of things in his head.

Now to check another off. He motioned to the bottle and looked back up at Arkham. "I don't want to fight with you about this. If you take it then it will help you." Wyatt reasoned shrugging before pushing the pills across the table. Holly perked up and brought her nose up to the bottle sniffing it for a moment before a sneeze interrupted her and she settled back down into her spot yawning as she did so. "I'm not going to make you take them." The leader prefaced as he briefly paused to look down at whatever Alex had been working on while they were away. He frowned looking at the rough sketched out map that had the locations and numbers of Ashen spotted. Maybe he wasn't the only one paranoid about the Ashen acting strange.

You're just trouble..

• Arkham shook his head and finally let the gruff, foreign laugh escape his mouth. "No no, Your hair." The Younger male grinned softly and cuddled the cat even more, grinning. He listened to the man about the reveal of his secret and nodded. "Yeah, A lot of people wouldn't really understand. No offense. People just don't know the story. And I'm sorry to tell you, but no matter what you do to me telling the whole truth hurts." The oung man gave a sad smile as he held the cat affectionately.

The pills made him wrinkle his nose in slight disgust. Huffing and puffing his cheeks. "Well, at least you aren't forcing them. But I know Tom wouldn't give them over if he wanted me dead. I feel bad for fighting the old man." He reached out to look at the bottle, fluffing the hair up, then realizing he'd only made the fluff worse and shaking his head. "Got anything to drink this down?"

IMG_5050.gif

• "My hair huh? Are you sure you're one to talk." Wyatt chuckled with clear humor motioning to fluffed up hair that Arkham had now. Standing himself up he strolled over to the far side of the room pulling down a cup from the cupboard before turning on faucet from the nearby sink. Settling it down on the table beside him before settling back down in his own seat. Wyatt couldn't help, but laughed seeing the fluffed up hair. Looking down in one of the nearby boxes pulling something out. He ended up falling asleep in his office most nights anyway so he had stuff sprinkled through the office to make sure he didn't look terrible. "Try this stuff, it might help with your hair." The young man offered setting it on the desk. The cat perked up her ears forwards blinking looking between all the stuff on the table in front of Arkham before settling herself down with a quiet purr.

"I'm pretty sure that Holly is starting to like you more then me." He couldn't help, but smile. It was sort of adorable seeing Arkham and the cat were enjoying each other's company. If his cat liked someone then he felt a lot more comfortable with someone even if he didn't know them very well at all. Sighing a little the leader was quiet for several moments looking at him from across the table.

"How's your scratches doing?" He asked briefly motioning to his cheek. He had swore for a moment that the Ashen had killed Arkham with that blow.

You're just trouble..

• Arkham's cheeks instantly turned a blushed red in embarrassment as his bed head was pointed out, opening his mouth and firing back a retort. "Oi. I make it look fuckin' amazing." And sitting back in the chair, popping the pills and swallowing them down. The texture made his throat burn, and he couldn't help the violent coughing that followed, wheezing at the pain and closing his eyes tightly, God he hated this.

Licking his lips the young man looked back to Wyatt as he offered the gel, narrowing his eyes suspiciously. He sniffed at it as he opened the bottle before humming, shaking his head. "I really don't like putting anything that isn't shampoo or conditioner in my hair..." Before gently pushing the bottle back to him, staring at the cat in surprise at her show of adoration. Animals didn't like him much, other then his dog. He smelled like Ashen.

At the memtion of the claw marks Arkham looked up and offered a precious smile. "Oh They're fine. They'll heal in a few days. The one will leave a scar but it's better then infection. I'm surprised it hit me. They usually don't go for me. I'm the last one they target when they're hunting a group. Though I was the easiest one to jump." Arkham reason with himself, quieting his coo a time he felines and continue his affectionate petting.

IMG_5050.gif

• Taking the gel back he laughed to himself still focusing on the fluff sticking up. "You look damn good believe me." Wyatt dropped the gel haphazardly into the box he had retrieved it from. If he stopped to think about what he was saying he might realize what he was saying sounded like he was making a bit of a pass at Arkham, oops. Stretching a little n his chair he got comfortable where he was perfectly content to watch him and the cat together. Holly lounged in his lap with her head laying on his leg purring all the while.

Of course Wyatt couldn't help, but think that the smile he gave was kind of adorable, not that he would say that out loud at the moment. Instead he merely nodded his head looking down at the map he had on his desk. "I am just grateful that everyone made it back though. Sometimes I want to think that we're getting smarter, but no smart enough though." The young man started to run his hands along the slight stubble that was growing around his face. He couldn't bring himself to sleep whenever the word got back to him that the Ashen or Kings had taken another life away. He raised a brow when he heard the soft tapping on the door. Holly stiffened her ears perking up as she starred suspiciously at the door.

"Come in." He muttered straightening up as he looked towards the door. Alex peaked his head in tipping his head to the side. "Sorry to interrupt...whatever this is. Addi is ragging on my ass cause this kid isn't where he's supposed to be." Wyatt's second leaned against the door frame watching the two for a moment. When he looked down at the cat in his lap, she hissed a little seeing Alex who stepped a bit away from the door. Wyatt gave a light nod turning to glance at Arkham before rising to his feet. "Since when are you letting her boss you around?" Wyatt asked seeming to be somewhat amused "Since you let her walk around like she owns the place. She's your problem not mine." Alex turned to waltz off in a different direction.

You're just trouble..

• Arkham's eyebrows bounced up at his reply, though beamed at what he took as a compliment. The cat was litteraly his main focus though as he rubbed on her lovingly. "I fucking love this cat~" The boy snickered at the feline as smiled back up at Wyatt. His green eyes bright in his enjoyment. He hadn't been truly happy in years. Feeling like he could relax a little, let himself actually turn into the kid he should have been from the beginning. Arkham couldn't help the burst of sudden realization. He actually trusted this man. It was a simple 'Oh yeah. He's cool I guess." No. He whole heartedly trusted Wyatt. The only time the man had hurt him was with the butt of a gun but he hadn't known if Arkham was a true killer or not. Arkham wouldn't hold that against him. Hell. He even cared about Arkham's health for Godsake.

The boy wiggled a little in his seat. "I appreciate the compliment though Wyatt." He bounced his brows in playful suggestiveness before leaning back in his seat the absentmindedly pet Holly, the purrs relaxing his nerves even more. Looking at the map he felt himself stiffen. His suspicions... He couldn't let it get to him, though he needed to at least let the man know. "Wyatt.... Y'know... Rumor has it back h- uhm..." He didn't know what to call it. Could he even call this home? He doubted he'd be accepted. "They're trying to capture Ashen. Get rid of rebels. The more Ashen they get, the more they actually train, the closer they come to actually doing the deed of killing everyone off." Arkham muttered softly, looking at the map. He shifted to point at the map before the door opened and Alex made his appearance.

Holly's warning gave Arkham the creeps. If the cat didn't like him then Arkham definately felt the same. Animals had a way of knowing who the bad apples were. especially cats. He listened to the conversation. He narrowed his eyes at Alex, studying him in his odd, anal way. It was a crazy sort of scary look. The way he seemed to look into one's soul. He didn't like the sound of this man's breathing. As weird as it sounded. And his heart had staggered beats but he didn't know if that was his paranoia or not. Hearing the second in command back talk Wyatt made Arkham growl out an Ashen like sound of disapproval, standing and setting the feline down. Watching Alex in his 5'3" glory and finally snapping out a vicious retort. "Hey, shouldn't you be a little more respectful? Unless you wanna follow in that bitch's lead. That or you could grow a pair and treat your high ranking official like you should. Leader isn't a nickname." His father's voice was definately there, with his authoritive bark. It demanded attention from the man he'd snapped out at. Even Arkham was surprised by it, but he replaced it with pride. "Wonder why you're second up around here. You certainly don't act like it. The king's would have beaten your ass into submission for talking back. Don't take Wyatt's kindness for granted." The boy growled out an Ashen rumble and coughed a little, wheezing out a gag at the pain.

IMG_5050.gif

• Alex stopped hearing the growl that sounded so much like an Ashen Wyatt probably would have been sounding the alarms if he wasn't watching Arkham do it. Alex looked over his shoulder frowning briefly looking the tiny boy at his full height. He wasn't exactly imposing with his height alone. The older male pivoted himself around in one movement turning to face Arkham head on. Wyatt stepped himself around the desk having a bad feeling at the moment "I didn't expect you to find a voice. You are a lot less irritating when you didn't try to act like you have any right to talk to me like that." Alex's green eyes narrowed, the muscles in his jaw tightening. It was clear he would have loved it if looks could actually kill. "I don't owe anyone anything if they don't earn it. So, do me a favor kid, get off your fucking high horse and stop pretending like you know anything about how things work around here." Alex turned back around seeming ready to stalk away back the way he'd come until Wyatt's hand was placed on his shoulder.

The second-in-command halted looking down at the hand on his shoulder. "A lot of people look up to you Alex. I'd hate for you let them all down if they saw you like this." Wyatt shook his head his grip on the man's shoulder tightening. "So do me a favor and start acting like someone that earned my respect." Unclamping his hand from Alex's shoulder. Shrugging off his hand Alex seemed tempted to say something in return before he reconsidered his options and turning to walk away barely able to hold back the distain from his face. Wyatt only took a breath when the man had gone away.

As soon as Alex was gone Holly reappeared perfectly content now that he was gone. The leader leaned back against the doorframe his body language relaxing noticeably. "Thanks by the way. You didn't need to do that." Wyatt smiled although it didn't quite reach his eyes. Looking off the direction that Alex had gone off in. "I guess the stress is getting to everyone." Walking back into his office he looked down at the map taking a pen and marking the spot briefly that Arkham had motioned to earlier before Holly leapt herself up on the desk laying down on top of the map sprawling herself out easily.

You're just trouble..

• Arkham growled at the man as he got in his face. Insticts screaming at him to just back down. Though hearing himself challanged like this seemed to kick the little dominance he had into gear. The boy licked his lips and let a chuckle escape his mouth. :You do a lot of barking for a dog whose supposed to have a big bite. What do you do? Play fetch? Speak?" The boy rumbled softly. His personality seemed to flash from the skittish and submissive kid to confident and stubborn. The tongue of a whip.

"Humor me. If I give you a treat, do you roll over? Cause considering you're a second in command for a man you apparently do not respect I wold imagine you sit so obidiently because you want something more then friendship. So is it a bone you want? I can toss you one if you do a few tricks for me." Arkham snapped back.

"I don't have to have a 'high horse' when I'm already so much more matured and trustworthy then yourself. I may not know how things around here work, but I definately know that people around here care about each other. Respect or not, they treat each other like family and you definately don't seem to do that. In fact. You're quite the entitled Asshole. When you can finally pull your head out of your ass and realize that You're not the leader around here for obvious reasons, then you can come to me and try to prove your point. But until then I'm going to sit back and watch you try to run this place with asshatery and laugh at every single unending failure." The boy sneered his reply, smirking as Alex left. "Tootles. Try not to run anything. I know it must be hard to see where you're goin' with how far up your head's shoved up that ass of yours~"

Arkham felt himself sort of beam in the pride of accomplishment. Having stood up for himself and another. "Damn. That felt amazing...." He purred and sat back in the seat, swinging his left leg to cross over the right. "Hmm? Oh it's nothing. He's one of those guys with the bark. He's too scared to bite in front of someone who could put him down in seconds. If he wants respect he needs to earn it. Not force it. Someone has to whip him into shape. And I'm not trying to turn this place into a kingsmen base, but.... With guys like him you have to be a bit of an ass. Don't let them think they can shove you around because you're nice?" He smiled to show he meant no offense.

IMG_5050.gif

• "I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably way too nice for my own good." Wyatt smiled in return clearly not taking what Arkham was saying. Leaning back in his chair. "I'm going to have to work on my whole asshole routine." He hummed thoughtfully going to pet Holly, but the cat moved away flicking her paw at his hand. Pulling his hand away Wyatt shook his head. "I need to reconsider the power structure around here." The leader admitted tapping his fingers on the desk looking down at the papers sprawled across his desk. He started to work to stack the papers back up all the while the black cat swatting at them trying to knock them back over. "Honestly, this is why I don't get any work done." Wyatt shook his head trying to push the papers away from the cat. Even despite the cat's best efforts the young man managed to get his desk at least somewhat organized.

He turned to look down at the map that was still under the cat. He tried to pull the map out from under her. The black cat flattened herself out swiping at Wyatt's hand. Huffing for a moment he waved his hand in the air. "Fine keep it then." The young man narrowed his eyes at the cat who only mewed in return swishing her tail back and forth flicking over a stack of paper. "Probably won't make any friends from doing it, but I'm kind of getting sick of this kind of shit." He pointed out the open door catching sight of Addi coming down the hall back towards the office already looking like she had something she was going to try bite his head off again. He raised a brow he scratched the top of Holly's head waiting for her to storm her way in. And storm in she did stopping the doorway with her arms cross over her chest. "Holy hell! You've lost your mind!" She hissed to which Wyatt stood himself up frowning a little.

"Doesn't matter, I'm still in charge. The base is still standing and everyone is still safe. That's what matters." Wyatt said rather simply and firmly coming to stand face to face with her. "Get the hell out of my office and do your own job. Stop concerning yourself so much with mine." Addi narrowed her eyes taking a step towards him wagging her finger in his face. "You wanted me to keep everything on track and I can't do that with you messing with shit so you can flirt with a fucking Kingsmen." Wyatt rubbed the bridge of his nose clearly trying to keep some sort of composure. "Your job is to make sure we have what we need, that everyone knows their patrols and shifts. Neither of those two things involve you trying to ride my ass. I do my part. Get out of my office before I've gotta push you out the door." Yet there she stayed rooted firmly in the doorframe.

You're just trouble..

• The boy tipped his head to the side and listened to him, smiling at the way he put things and shaking his head. "Wyatt. Hon. Please. Obviously Holly doesn't want you moving her stuff. From what I hear the cat is always right. Even when she isn't." Arkham teased and leaned forward to try and love on the feline a little more. He broke into a bit of laughter when the cat got after him for trying to snag the map. He pointed and waved a teasing finger. "For shame. You never learn do you?"

He stiffened when the woman entered. Gaze flashing to her, locking onto target and watching. The deep Greek eyes burning in a sense of warning. He stood with yet another low warning sound. Moving slowly. Almost predatory. "I'm tired of people talking about me like I'm not right here..." Arkham whispered a small waning her way and glared. "He told you to leave. If I were you I'd do it. I don't like pushing women around. But last I checked, a bitch is supposed to be a dog. Gas are a supposed ti be trained. If the dog steps out of line the boss follows a few a steps to put the bitch I in her place place. We wouldn't want that. Little miss secretary needs to mind her place in this ecosystem and boss bitch is not that place. Just putting that out there. In case you were too focused on your attitude to hear anything you were told."

IMG_5050.gif

• Friendly Bumparoo

IMG_5050.gif

• Even when Addi tried to square herself up she was eye to eye with Arkham which only seemed to put her off that much more. She practically growled at him. “Knowing my place. What about you? You’re a fucking lowlife Kingsmen who’s ass should be a cell right now not getting cozy up here.” She turned her sharp eyes to Wyatt who was gripping the door handle so hard it left an indent in his hand. It wouldn’t surprise him if he snapped the handle off from his growing anger. “Addi stop this

lecturing shit.” There was a clear bit of edge to his voice as he started to inch the door close trying to put something between him and her before he did something he’d regret a little. She put a hand up to the door even as she inched herself back a step.

“You’ve lost you fucking mind Wyatt.” Throwing her hands up in frustration she suddenly snapped her head back to Arkham narrowing her eyes to slits. She gave an accusatory look at Arkham. “Where did you get those glasses?” Her whole face darkened not waiting for an answer turning on Wyatt. “Morgan’s glasses? You gave him Morgan’s glasses!” She was practically screeching at this point drawing the attention of anyone within a fifty foot radius. What really got him though was when she leaned forwards trying to snatch the glasses right off Arkham’s face. Drawing in a deep breath Wyatt opened the door back up putting his hands on Addi’s shoulders starting to push her physically away from Arkham and his office.

She wriggled and fought his grip even stepping down hard on his foot. Doing everything he could to hold back striking out he shoved her forwards sending her crashing into Tate who was coming to see what exactly what was happening. “Get her out of here. If I see her anywhere near me she is getting locked up.” Wyatt was so deathly still he was practically shaking with rage. “You disgracing your brother.” She hissed loudly to which Wyatt only glanced over his shoulder once looking past her to Tate. “Lock her up for the night.” The young man muttered before stalking back towards his office seething with rage.

You're just trouble..

The post was edited 1 time, last by wild charm ().

• The screaming definately seemed to snap Arkham back into his skittish way and he flinched back into the small room, istancing himself from her in seconds and watching the event take place with wide frightened eyes. The snarling as she reached to his glasses made him hitcha small gasping cry, flinching to prepare for a smack only to feel Wyatt push her away. Shrinking backwards with heaved breaths. He felt so bad... His leadership was being questioned because of him... Arkham felt his heart ache at the thought.

Wyatt had probably worked so hard at just trying to become a respected person around here. He couldn't imagine how hard he could have worked to become the top dog and now Arkham was ruining it...

The boy sunk down and brought his knees to his chest with a conflicted whimper. Hearing the yelling seemed to bring flashing memories. The screaming between the two as the argued. Though Wyatt wasn't much yelling, he seemed to do so, trying to make himself heard over Addi's histerics.

Tate caught the woman in surprise, holding onto her and watching Wyatt in utter confusion. "Addi What-" He flinched the Wyatt's cold tone and blinked. "Yes Sir..." The man muttered and narrowed his eyes at Addi. Turning to pull her with him. "What the hell did you do?"

---

When Wyatt came back into the office Arkham flinched instinctively. He didn't trust Wyatt any less, but seeing the man in that sort of angered state had definately kicked his skittish ways back into gear. Watching Wyatt in weary silence before pulling the glasses off his face. Lifting them to Wyatt with shaky fingers. Tense. Ready to dart at any outburst. "I... I'm sorry. I didn't know I'd cause so much anger with these..." The boy whispered softly and turned his face away. He felt horrible. Things had been nothing but hell since he'd gotten here. "Maybe you should just lock me up? I-I mean. You're being treated like shit just because I'm walking around with you unchained. I'm a... A Kingsmen. You aren't supposed to trust me. You. You shoulda thrown me into custody for good. I'm sorry I got so comfortable. I didn't mean to cause so many problems..." Arkha, kept his voice low. He didn't want to offend the man by speaking comfortably. But He couldn't help it, having warmed up to the man. He was conflicted. Unsure of how to react with the possibility of getting yelled at. It was self defense for him to instantly corner himself and get ready for a little beating. Though it was certain, or close to such, that Wyatt wouldn't hurt him, and Akham knew this, he couldn't help himself.

IMG_5050.gif

• Addi took a second to right herself shaking her head. “He gave that kid Morgan’s glasses.” She shook her head in utter disgust before she seemed to actually start coming back to reality. “I was trying to snap him out of whatever daydream he’s in.” She muttered clenching her fists. As soon as they turned the corner though she stopped acting angry and there was a moment of sniffling before large tears started to roll down her face. Hard to explain why unless you knew the two of them why at all she was crying. It could just be because she had managed to get herself in deep shit because she couldn’t keep her mouth shut.

— — — —

He shut the door to his office leaning on it heavily as if he might keep someone from bursting through. Drawing in deep breaths he couldn’t help, but have Addi’s words about his brother repeat over and over again like a broken record. He wanted to go out there and slap her at least. She always thought she knew what was best especially when it came to his brother. Wherever he was he brought back to present day by the sound of Arkham’s voice as he weakly tried to hand over the glass. Carefully taking them in his hand he simply bent down and set them close to Arkham. “I would much rather you have them then have them collecting dust.” He assured stepping back catching on to just how nervous he was.

“I’m not going to lock you up for good, you’re right though. It might be better if we secure you for the night. Don’t blame yourself for the shit of some assholes.” Drawing a deep breath he went to sit himself down beside Arkham offering a little smile to try and show him that he wasn’t going to do anything to hurt him. “Besides I like having you around.” Wyatt added clearly having left his anger behind him. Holly appeared trotting over to them meowing at Arkham rubbing against his legs.

You're just trouble..

• Tate frowned at this, shaking his head and running a hand through his hair. "He's... Wyatt's confused Addi. For all we know he could be trying for that kid's trust. Get him to our side and use him for info." Tate tried to reason quietly as they walked. When she started crying however he felt himself soften, turning to give a sad smile and pull her into him. "Don't beat yourself up over anything. Everyone is on edge. That Kid can't do anything. We have eyes on him at all times. Trust Wyatt okay? And as for the glasses... Maybe it's time they be used again. Perhaps not by the Prince, but Mason would like them to be used to help someone else. Don't you think Darlin'?"

----

Arkham blinked in confusion, taking the glasses back and wearing them again, looking over at the man in curiosity. Why the man was so chill after this kind of thing put Arkham on edge. What had happened to all that anger from before? He chewed on his bottom lip in thought. Letting the man sit beside him. Staying relaxed. He didn't want to offend the man.

Listening to him talk, Arkham felt his face heat up. The fact that Wyatt enjoyed his prescence made him smile a little. Wiggling in his spot and looking away. "I like being around you. I feel safe. I don't feel like I'm going to get knifed every time I say something I don't mean. And as scary as it is. I think I need to be locked up tonight too... I just. If someone's gonna hang around and watch please don't let it be someone dead set on snapping my neck. There has to be at least a few people here who aren't livid over my existence."

IMG_5050.gif

• Addi let a huff when Tate pull him closer, but that was all it took for her walls to drop and she felt a few more tears rolling down her face. “I don’t know...I don’t know.” She mumbled clenching her eyes shut for a moments. “I guess you’re right.” She finally admitted not sounding all that convinced of it herself, swallowing a large lump in her throat, crying for a little while longer before she could get herself together. “I hope he’s not making a huge mistake.”

— — — —

Holly noticeably kept her distance from Wyatt trotting briskly away when he reached out to pet her. It was hard to say how much of his own anger he had actually gotten rid or was just compartmentalizing it until he could release it without anyone around. Standing himself up again he did seem a bit amused at the thought he trusted him eneough he didn’t think he was going to get stabbed.

“Let’s go get you set up.” The leader stretched his arms above his head before moving to the door. He opened it glad to see that Addi had disappeared from sight. Holding open the door for Arkham and his cat as well who trotted out as well going on her merry way to wherever she was wanted to go. Shutting the door Wyatt started to walk looking ahead. He was running through a roster of people who he might be able to trust keeping an eye on Arkham. It was a rather short list if he was being honest. Rubbing his temples sighing he was looking ahead suddenly getting an idea for who he wanted.

Banking a sharp turn he almost collided with someone. A guy wearing a set of coveralls who jumped back clutching on to a beat up flask in his hands for dear life. “Can you get me Cassidy and Butch? I need them for a job.” The man nodded taking a large swing of his flask before turning back around to go get Cassidy and Butch. Wyatt sighed glad that someone was willing to just do what he asked finally. He then lead he way down a far hall things starting to become darker and narrower. He went to a board looking at the various numbered off columns for one that was empty. He walked further into the hall there were heavy slab doors on both sides.

When he came to one of the cells quickly punched in a code pulling the door open. It definitely wasn’t anything spectacular. A small cot and a bathroom stall was all that was in the room. “It’s secure at least.” Wyatt shrugged stepping aside to let him through.

You're just trouble..

• Tate gave a sad smile and shook his head. "I think everyone hopes so. Just have to go with it I guess?"

---

Arkham smiled softly at the cat as she showed her own opinion on the matter, Standing with the man beside him to hurry on his merry way. He didn't say anything regarding the task at hand, but followed willingly, watching Holly until he lost sight. The man and his flask caught Arkham's attention and he felt himself cock his head left in confusion, though the whiff of alcohol he got definitely quenched that curiosity and he wrinkled his nose distastefully. Disgusted by the awful smell. He couldn't have ben more relieved when he left to carry Wyatt's message.

The sight of the Cell brought a frown to Arkham's face but he didn't resist. Blinking softly. It reminded him of the room he'd been assigned the first five years within the King's Base. Blinking as he stepped inside and glancing around the small compartment. He blinked at the bed an turned to offer an extremely embarrassed smile. "Extra blankets if you have them? Sorry for being demanding. I'm a lover of the warmth." As were Ashen. Fire was like a drug to them. Drove them mad, yet they were drawn to it like moths. Dangerous. Deadly. Man eating wingless moths.

(Ima give you space to reply to this if you want but Ima time skip. Hopefully get myself some more muse.)

Arkham sat up in the bed, Bundled in the many blankets he had been given. This room was much colder then the one he'd awoken in the other day. Feeling around for the glasses and setting them on his face, he blinked the sleep out of his eyes and ran a hand through his bed head. The boy frowned at its messy feel and scoffed. It was still soft though, he liked that part. The walls radiated the cold of the morning, He was surprised he slept so well, though covering his entire body, including his head, with the blankets usually blocked most of the cold out. He turned his head and cocked it slightly as he watched a dog sitting in front of the cell. Watching him. It was younger. Still had that puppy face and those big goofy paws. Arkham smiled and the canine chuffed, scooting forward to stick his head through the bars and paw at him. "Who do you belong to bud?" The young dog scoffed and moved to bow, tail swaying. It was a puppy. Definitely. Belgian Teru. He'd grow up to be a huge dog. If he made it.

The thought made Arkham shake his head. Of course the puppy would make it. Don't think like that! "Do you even have a person?" The dog scoffed again and pushed his way to the cell. Arkham was surprised that the dog could squeeze his way into the cell so easily. Jumping up onto the bed beside him. When Arkham moved to pet him he dog hopped back and gnawed on his hand. Arkham snickered. "You want to play. I get it now." He picked the dog up, watching it squirm as he stood, then set the pup down. Pushing the pup around in a small game. Watching him hop around and bark at him. "Hush now buddy. You need to stay quiet." The dog cocked its head and panted, flopping onto it's butt into a sitting position. He glanced up to watch A man walk through the halls.

The man stopped and looked into the cell, frowning. "There he is. Hey Come." The puppy barked out a playful growl and stood to trot around Arkham, Seating once again, shoving his head under Arkham's arm and wagging his tail. The man frowned. "What's your name Kid. You're the Prince aren't you?" Arkham nodded in weary obedience. "Yes Sir. Arkham." The boy bit his lip, petting on the puppy who had found his way onto his lap. "You got any skills with animals?"

"Yes sir. I was taught how to handle animals. I wasn't allowed to do much though." The man nodded again and squatted, whistling. The puppy perked and trotted to him willingly. Sitting in front of the man after squeezing through the bars. Staring up at him. "Like him?" Arkham nodded softly and the man pulled a soft leather collar strip from his pocket. Securing it around the dog's neck. "He's about six months old. Don't have a name for him yet. Been trying to find a suitable handler for him. No one has much time to train a puppy nowadays." The man fluffed the dog's fur and stood. "You say you're good with animals?"

"Yes sir. Not a lot of animals get along with me well but I treat them like family. They were all I had back h... ome...." Arkham quieted and waited for a reply. The man looked at Arkham for a moment, then back to the dog. "He's yours. You remind me a lot of a good old friend of mine. Don't think you deserve to be treated like the plague." Arkham lit up in excitement and whistled. The puppy spinning and racing to him with a yipping howl. Bowing playfully.

"Thank you Mister?"

"Connor. Call me Dog. Everyone around here does. I usually assign the canine unit their dogs. Happy to help you out bud, Have a good day. Take care." He was gone before Arkham could reply . The boy looking down at the panting dog. "Name....:" He hummed in thought and pulled the dog into his lap. "Hey. You know what. Papa used to make a lot of nerdy jokes. Named me after some comic series.... Ima call you Gotham? Yeah. You look like you'd be a good ol' Gotha- Pfft hey!" The dog had licked his face, sending Arkham into graveled laughter, wiping off his slobbered face and grinning down at the dog.

IMG_5050.gif