COWBOYS AND INDIANS / game [o]

The winners for the April Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Cass and Art goes to Suwaco

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
Come check out May's CDC!
The winners of the latest giveaway are: Shadowstartheleader(first winner) and Bobbar 7857(second winner)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Fallout 4! Check here for more info!

• After spending all night thinking of a fun way to introduce himself to the clan, McCree had settled on a simple game of Cowboys and Indians. He had playing it growing up (and was always on the cowboys team, naturally) and thought it would be good for all generations of Hawkclan to play. It was easy enough for everyone to understand, and required little to no preperation. Unless you were as extra as McCree. He had gathered accessories for both teams, a small headband with feathers for the indians, and little red bandanas for the cowboys (dont ask how he got them). McCree had already decided to be in the Cowboys team, as he was already wearing the appropriate attire for it.

He brought his accesories to the center of camp, dumping them in two separate piles. He sat between the two, before looking out across the forest. "Anyone up for a game of Cowboys and Indians?" he yelled out, watching to see if anyone would join him. If there was someone who didn't understand the game or the rules, he would happily go over it for them.

• "I'll join please," Pap chirped, nearing the older male who was sporting a new accessory. Did she know what Cowboys and Indians was? No way, but she wasn't just about to admit it. The red fabric hung from his neck much like her leather necklace. Lifting a paw to reassure herself that the chord was still around her throat, she grinned up at McCree. Recently, the kid had been a bit isolated from the group and hadn't been checking up on the new members like she thought she would've. Although the Somali was fairly new to Hawkclan, she had tied him to the comfort that came from the treehouses and the redwoods. When Paper looked him up and down, he certainly gave the vibe of someone who had been here much longer. Its good to see that others are settling in, her thoughts purred as she recalled her first few days. Settling in was rough but swift for her, and it seemed to prove the same for McCree.

• Valerian had been napping around when the cowboy spoke up among the heart of the camp, his booming vocals reaching her ears and sending a chill down her spine. She opened her sore eyes, attempting to blink the sleep away as she switched her blue gaze between the unfamiliar duo with interest. She never met these two, and a game really did seem like the best way to get to know others. She loved games, as childish as that sounded. Anything to stray further away from boredom's cruel grasp.

"I'm down." The tuxedo yawned after some time of blinking, rolling off the stump she'd been lounging on before dragging herself beside the duo with a wave of her tail in lazy greeting. "My name is Valerian, by the way. So, how does this work?"

2mpwi10.gif

AND YOU'RE STARTING TO BORE ME, BABY

valerian m. samos ✨ tags & moodboard — played by dani

• McCree gave paper a soft smile as she approached; being a child at heart meant he got on suprisingly well with younger ones, and he envied their innocent and imagination. "Sure thing pap, what team you wanna be in?" the tom asked, before nodding to each of the piles of accessories.

His attention then turned to an unfamiliar feline who approached the pair. McCree then gave her a smile too when she said she would join and also introduced herself. "McCree" he replied, dipping his hat to the she-cat. "Pleasure t' meet your acquaintance". After his own introduction, he cleared his throat in preparation to explain the rules. "Basically, theres two teams - the cowboys and the indians. At the start of the round, one team is chosen at random to 'defend' someplace, wether it be a cluster of rocks or the bank of a river. The opposing team then attacks them, by using hand motions. The cowboy's 'shoot' with guns" - he then mimicked a gun with his paws, making a "pew pew" sound effect to go with it, - "And the indians shoot bows" McCree then proceeded to make a bow and arrow motion with his arms. "You can duck behind trees, rocks, just about anything that covers you, and try wipe out the enemy team. You gotta be fair, if someone shoots at directly at you when you are out of cover, you're out" he finished. "Oh! and try make your 'death' as dramatic as possible" he chuckled.

He motioned to the piles of accessories again. "Hope that explains everything well, go ahead and pick a team".

• "I'm in" he said quickly, padding up to the group. It seemed like a fairly fun game, and being at his most healthiest age he would be able to run around and help any side as possible. Yes, he was leader but who needs to be professional, right? Was that what he was supposed to do? No, not worrying about that now, stress what nothing to be afraid of. He need to calm down and focus on the game. He shook his head at McCree and the others and decided to go along with the crowd. McCree seemed to already pick the cowboy, of course, so he picked up the feathered laces and placed it around neck. Not only because it looked cool, but because the motion it made was much better then simply shooting air guns. Who doesn't want to have a cool ass bow?

[ TAGS ]

ALONG CAME A SPIDER, THAT SAT DOWN BESIDE HER

AND FRIGHTENED MISS MUFFET AWAY

• Auroradweller didn't need to speak up to signal that he was interested.

Bio: An unhinged, grizzled longhaired tomcat from Hawkclan and the Frontier.

Physically 36 moons old

Combat: Reckless beatdown - Powers

Public chat in bold. Attempted Attack. Attempted K/O. Attempted Murder.

All opinions, thoughts, and actions in this subaccount are from an in-character perspective unless stated otherwise

• There was no way in hell Valerian would be wearing feathers on her head and stretching her arms more than a couple inches away from the rest of her small frame. She'd rather sport a cute bandanna, so with that she skipped towards the pile of red cloth, picking out the cleanest of them all. The sleep from her eyes was still nagging at her heavy lids, but she tried her best to brush it off and have some fun. "You've got some imagination, McCree." She replied, testing the name on her tongue as she struggled a bit to get the red bandanna tied around her neck. The whole 'mc' part threw her off, but it was a nice name aside from that.

//tbh wanted to call him macaroni lol

2mpwi10.gif

• and I know I said it a million times — tags 

flynn wasnt good at games. he knew that. but yet, here he was trying to be a bit social. of course, this wasnt exactly his idea. he would of much rather had been in home, drunk. he didnt sleep cause of the nightmares along with insomnia and vampirism, caused for sleepless nights. his ears twitched as he hobbled near the others, being sure to steer clear of auroradweller.

"SPEECH" THOUGHT

I cross my heart and I hope to die

—— tags | played by scar. | HawkClan Member| that I'll only stay with ya one more night

• Focusing on McCree's response, the kid had failed to notice the arrival of a few other clan mates until it was too late. "Ind- I-" She took a moment to rephrase it. "Feathers, please." As she looked up at the male with the sparkle of childhood in her robins egg eyes, the speckled she went to take a step back only to bump into a fellow she hadn't met before. Exhausation hung to him like a cloud and his pelt flaked with dark markings. Yes, he had stayed clear of Auroradweller but perhaps Flynn should have considered Pap- or maybe Pap should have considered him. "I'm Pape- I'm sorry." Crap, she used to wrong phrase. With a begging look for forgiveness, the kid offered a smile before turning, hurrying to occupy herself with equipping her feathers before he or anyone else could spare a glance of pity.

Intently listening to the directions after dressing herself in the headband (which took some effort but now looked quite nice on her speckled pelt), Paper leaned back into the conversation with great interest. Where should we put our spot? Maybe that hollow tree over there? Stick is on our team; Maybe he'd know where to go. Plans laid themselves out to her almost visually, the land falling to her feet where she stood towering over like a god. Choosing, placing, substituting, rearranging. But although she was intrigued by it all, the kid had no experience in this field. In fact, this was her first situation that grew close to using serious strategic plays but she hadn't considered that yet. It can't be that hard, right? "I know where," the Turkish Angora thought out loud to Ravelights. Confidence flickered in her eyes, a hope that he'd nod and she'd show him the plan. The terrible no good plan, but still her plan. Of course, there were still others who could join and push aside her thoughts for ones that could actually work, but nobody had seemed to declare their side quite yet except for Valerian. The kid was open to suggestions, as anyone would be.

hawkclan -- tags -- played by lancaster

The post was edited 1 time, last by PAPER ().

• McCree gave a nod to the others who arrived, before returning his attention to val who had spoken to him. At her comment, he smiled and offered a purr. "Well, at least i've got that going for me" he chuckled as he watched her slip into the bandanna. Val and himself made up the cowboys so far, and Ravelights and paper were the indians. This left Auroradweller and Flynn to pick a team, which resulted in even numbers.

McCree watched as paper spoke to rave about knowing where to go. "Looks like you know what you're doing" the tom smirked, "So, lets have the cowboys 'attack' the indians then" he decided, seeing as paper had already chosen a spot for her team. McCree turned to flynn and aurora, waiting for them to pick a side.

• Auroradweller didn't like being put on the spot like that, but when McCree turned his attention towards the tabby and the drunk, he knew the implication. Truthfully, he either wanted to even out the teams, or go rogue and make his own "Pirate" team. That would be cool. He could wear an eyepatch and pretend to shoot cannons, and use some impatiens to give it a nice special effect. Oh well... which sounded more fun.

The tomcat took his place beside Paper and Ravelights, not even blinking as his hawk swooped down and took a place beside himself.

Physically 36 moons old

All opinions, thoughts, and actions in this subaccount are from an in-character perspective unless stated otherwise

• SO WHAT IF YOU CAN SEE, THE DARKEST SIDE OF ME !

female - 3 moons - single - kit - hawkclan - tags

As fun as it soundeed, she couldn’t really play. She couldn’t see shelter. So, she simply sat to the side. Sure, Loki could help her play, it she was sure the trickster would cheat. So, she opted to stay to the sidelines. Letting her hawk settle on her shoulder as usual.

thinking | ‘writing’ | “speaking” | Loki

I CAN’T ESCAPE MYSELF

blind demon — roleplayed by: Ashinka

• Auroradweller joined rave and pap in the indians team, and McCree watched as Cake sat by, giving her a quick nod in greeting. Even if she didn't want to join in, she was welcome to watch, it would be certainly entertaining watching the older members acting like kids.

"Flynn, could you join the cowboys then? t' even out the teams" the cowboy asked, nudging a bandanna over to him. He looked over to his two teammates, and imitated a gun, spinning it in his fingers with a grin. He missed his peacekeeper, his beloved revolver had been taken when deadlock abandoned him and stole all his stuff. Thank god they left his hat. "Right, Everybody ready? we'll head into the woods for a bit until you -" he nodded towards the indians, "- find your place and ready yourselves. Give us a shout when you're ready" the cowboy announced as he started to back into the redwoods.

• So they were on the attack, huh? In the moment, Valerian was awfully disappointed she couldn't use any of her abilities considering she was keeping them hidden. It would've been a great advantage to the team, but she supposed if this is what being normal was like, it was good enough. "Good luck." The tuxedo called out condescendingly after the opposing team, turning around and skipping after McCree. "Not." A challenging smile tugged at the girl's lips as she sent one last glance their way. It may have been considered bad sportsmanship, but when did Valerian ever care?

"So what's our plan, cowboy man?" Valerian whispered under her breath, managing to catch up to the somali. McCree was the one who created the game, so she figured it was only fair he lead the team as well. Besides, she wasn't exactly the best strategist in the team, and Flynn was a drunk fool.

2mpwi10.gif

• and I know I said it a million times — tags 

flynn couldn't quite wrap his impaired brain around the objective of the game. as everyone around him seemed to know what to do, the drunk savannah cat just watched, trying to focus his vision long enough to see what was happening. faintly, he heard his name, and he turned his hesd to mccree who was asking him to join this "cowboy" team. this was gonna be pretty tough. he wasnt very fast, and due to the lack of tail and the lack of a leg, balance was not a thing. not anymore.

he didnt respond for a minute as if he was trying to process what he had said. after some time, flynn nodded, slowly limping, and grabbing the bandana. he didnt really have much of a paw-eye coordination, so he didnt even try to put it on. he threw it over his head, which unfortunately covered his eyes. as he followed after his teammates scent trails, he yelped out a bit, tripping over a twig, only causing for him to fall, and for seltzer to come and take off thr bandana from his field of blurru vision.

"SPEECH" THOUGHT

I cross my heart and I hope to die

—— tags | played by scar. | HawkClan Member| that I'll only stay with ya one more night

• Yes sirre.” The banner-like grey fur of her tail flicked side-to-side in anticipation. Pap drew her eyes over the forming opponents. Flynn, Valerian, and McCree. If the kid had any experience with strategic planning, she would have searched for weaknesses. Perhaps she would take note on Flynn’s repugnant drunkness, or maybe comment to Ravelights about Valerian’s own naivety about their game plan. If she was extra careful and clever, she may have considered using McCree’s admiration for the art against him. But no, Pap was a kid, and the best she could do was accidentally kill someone on her own team.

As Auroradweller moved over to join Rave and heself, she flashed him a giddy smile that only a child could pull off. Innocence and pure excitement bundled inside her little kitten body. A determination to win only amped by Valerian’s tempting calls. They wouldn’t lose, or at least Paper wasn’t going to let them admit failure. “Stick, Auro-“ Nope, she wasn’t pronouncing that. “Oar. I’m we should do the hollow tree that a-ways. It may be the best place in the forest if those cowboys don’t take it.” What was a cowboy anyways? If anyone was going to answer that question for her, could they tell her what an Indian is too? All she knew if that they had some cool feather headbands.

• "Sure. Okay." What tree is she talking about? Auroradweller thought that one of the best ways to go along with a child's ramblings were to just smile, nod, and agree with most of what they said. It made them feel validated, it helped them foster positive ideas, and most importantly it made it look like he knew what anyone was talking about. Truthfully one tree or the other made no difference to him - he had a different philosophy for games like this: hyper-offense. They can't take our base if they're too busy defending theirs.Auroradweller took a slow stride towards Paper, swiveling his ears to listen for the opposing team, and where they would go.

Physically 36 moons old

• / ooh i was probably terrible at explaining the rules but only one team defends somewhere and the other tries to attack, in this case the indians can defend since paper seems to know a place c:

McCree hummed when Valerian had spoke, and it suddenly occured to him that, despite growing up with this game, he never actually had a strategy. "T' be honest, I never really took a strategic approach to this game" he chuckled, feeling embarassed that he couldn't much help his team. "I was more of a 'run in all gun's 'a blazin' type of kid". McCree stopped for a second to come up with some sort of plan; "perhaps a distraction would work? or maybe straight forward and loud would surprise them. An ambush could work?" he thought out loud, eyes narrowed as he raked his mind.

• AM I A PART OF THE CURE ?

shamisen arbor / hawkclan / [♀] / tags & information

*:・゚✦ Shamisen watched from the sides for a while, turning it over her head about wether she should join or not - maybe the adults would just think she was stupid, idiotic... but then again, McCree wouldn't, right? padding forward, the tiny she-cat looked to the aforementioned male with a cautious anxiousness. "May... may I join?"

"Speech."

OR AM I PART OF THE DISEASE ?

shamisen arbor

hawkclan  tags  art credit (hover)

• The familiar face of Shamisen accompanied a small voice, and the cowboy smiled as she requested to join. " 'Course 'ya can!" The male purred, tail flicking eagerly. "You can be on our team 'f 'ya want, would even out the teams considerin we have a drunk on ours" the male teased, giving Flynn a hearty nudge, but not to much that it would risk knocking the male over.