Deep in the mountains where the sun so brilliantly illuminates the aspen forest, sits a small clan who does their best to navigate amongst the large trees. With the generations of Sunclan having a dark and... difficult history, the clan has barely made it's roots amongst this great forest. With the newest leader appointed, Ravenstar must keep ahold her kin's clan or face the fact that Sunclan may just be nothing but a whispered story amongst the wind.
"Even the Darkest Night will end and the Sun will rise."
Legend has it that Sunclan was formed by two rogues who went by the name of Suntail and Rainclaw. They were exiled from their clans for their love and they ran to the forest, disappearing amongst the trees when they stumbled upon a pond with logs fallen by it and trees taller than the ones around them. They made this their camp, fishing in the pond and hunting amongst the roots, making their nest in a rock formation we now know as Starclan's Leap. Soon, other loners and kittypets came to this camp, enjoying the company of these two friendly cats. In exchange for hunting privileges and protection, the loners learned about Starclan and what a clan was. And this was the original Sunclan with Suntail the leader and a silver loner his deputy, Jaywalker. Rainclaw had given birth to two kits, one being deaf, Loudstep, and the other one of the strongest warriors Sunclan will ever know, Cloudstep. The medicine cat and Loudstep, at the time known as Loudpaw, had found the Starpool, a pool hidden deep in the forest by dense trees and brush, a small waterfall trickling into it, and Suntail finally got his nine lives and the approval of Starclan to rule.
This clan has been around many generations, fishing in their small pond and amongst the roots until one season the stream that ran from the river to their pond ran dry, the fish dying and the water drying up. The cats shrieked, saying it a bad omen, that the leader of the time, Riverstar, would be the death of them and she had no choice but to step down, allowing her tyrannical deputy, Nightfire, took over and practically tore the clan apart, killing off all the elders and weak kits, ending old family lines in the clan. That was almost the end when Sunstar's last known kin took over after Nightstar, Ravenleaf, and now she leads under the name of Ravenstar, trying to keep her clan in order and bring everyone back together.
Leader (HP) - A cat chosen by the previous leader to become the new leader. Blessed with 9 lives by Starclan, they guide the Clan until they die. They are in charge of making sure the Clan is thriving along with performing ceremonies and speaking for the Clan during Gatherings. The Clan leader's word is law.
Deputy (HP) - A cat chosen by the current leader to be their second in command. In charge of organizing patrols.
Medicine Cats (HP) - Cats with knowledge of healing. Use herbs to heal injuries and sicknesses. They have a special connection to Starclan and are apart from the life of those of normal Clan cats.
Medicine Cat Apprentices (SHP) - The apprentices to the medicine cats. Training takes longer than that of a normal apprentice.
Sun Scouts (HP) - Cats who know the land and can navigate it the best. They tend to teach the warriors and other cats how to navigate amongst the very uneven ground of Sunclan territory. They're held in as high regard as the deputy, advising the leader many of times and they escort the medicine cats for missions and half moon meetings. Must have knowledge to swim and climb trees. Exclusive to Sunclan.
Sun Scout Apprentice (SHP) - Apprentices to become Sun Scouts. They start training at 6 moons and take a longer time to train due to how big the territory is. They learn how to climb amongst the tall trees and how to swim through the current of he river. They are rarely at camp unless it is nightfall or they are hungry, the scouts training happening out in the forest.
Senior Warriors - Warriors over 40 moons.
Warriors - The majority of the Clan. They hunt and fight for the Clan.
Apprentices - Cats over 6 moons training to be a warrior.
Queens - She-cats expecting or nursing kits.
Kits - Young cats under 6 moons. Not allowed to leave camp.
Territory and Camp
Sunclan is located in a dense Aspen tree forest on a hill. The trees rise tall and the roots dig up the ground so much that only Sun Scouts truly know how to navigate.
To the West is where the forest gets denser, only truely knowledgeable cats hunt in this area, snakes hiding under roots with prey and in the trees. Farther in, outside of the border a little, is the Starpool and the waterfall where the leaders get their nine lives and medicine cats go every half moon to speak with Starclan.
In the North, the forest gets sparser, opening to a field where a small twoleg farm sits, kittypets occasionally come from here but rarely, never getting to the trees. The fields are filled with mice and small birds, making an excellent hunting area no matter the season, just watch out for the elderly twoleg and it's dogs.
The south is where the river runs, the mountain rising a little here and the stream that leads to camp runs from here to the pond where the cats fish most. The cats rarely cross the river, the current too strong for their bodies.
Sunclan camp has two fallen logs and two boulder formations. The first and biggest is Starclan's leap, where leaders climb to make their announcements and in the formation is the den, the entrance covered by moss and reeds. The second, slightly outside of the borders of camp, is the medicine cat den. The den has two passageways, the initial entrance and the back where extra patients may rest aslong as it isn't raining. The elder and apprentice dens are opposite of eachother, near the fallen logs, and the nursery is in a bundle of reeds and sticks, reinforced by twigs and moss to make it warm for kits. The warriors den is closest to the entrance of camp, large enough for both Sun Scouts and Warriors to sleep in, the entrance to the den facing so that any intruders have to cross infront of them.
IC: (basic warrior code )
1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.
2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.
3. Elders, queens, and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders. If any warrior or apprentice is sick or injured, they may eat while the elders, queens, and kits are eating.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.
7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader dies, retires or is exiled.
9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.
10. A Gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among Clans at this time.
11. Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior can neglect a kit in pain or danger, even if the kit is from a different Clan.
13. The word of the Clan Leader is the warrior code.
14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his/her battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or if it is necessary for self-defense.
15. A warrior rejects the soft life of a kittypet.
16. Each Clan has the right to be proud and independent, but in times of trouble they must forget their boundaries and fight side by side to protect the four. Each Clan must help the others so that no Clan will fall.
17. Medicine cats may not have a mate or kits
18. Kits must stay in camp until apprenticed and are not allowed to hunt until then.
-Character limit is strictly four characters per rper. No exceptions.
-I intend for this to be a slow paced thread. Please no rushing of any kind. Bump only once.
-Everybody of any RP level is welcome to join and will be accepted as long as you follow the rules.
-All FF rules apply!
-Respect others and be patient so no fighting occurs! If fighting does occur, I would like it settled in PMs.
-This is a semi-advanced thread. I expect at least one paragraph per character or at least a big enough response to address everything you are replying to. Absolutely NO one liners.
-Have tolerable grammar and spelling. It is alright if you make mistakes sometimes, but if every word is spelled wrong and your grammar makes no sense, I'll have to ask you to leave.
-There is no sentence limit, however if you write a short response make sure it at least addresses all the things the previous person has said.
-All lgbtq+ are accepted here! Discrimination will not be tolerated. Please be respectful to everyone or I will ask you to leave my thread.
-You may speak in OOC on the RP if you are posting an IC response as well.
-If you are going to be gone for some time, please tell me ahead of time so we don't have to wait for you. If you take too long I may remove, write off, or kill your characters.
-Preferably no swearing. Star it out if need be.
-Let's keep genders even!
-Include everyone please. If someone asks for a recap, give it to them. If someone is searching for someone to plot with, just offer.
-One high position per person. No exceptions.
-I am allowing two medicine cats as of The Apprentice's Quest, Thunderclan has two medicine cats + one apprentice.
-We can't have any motherless kits if there are no queens, but if there is someone playing a queen feel free to ask them to adopt your kit!
-Limit of four kits per queen (preferably less). You cannot rp all the kits.
-No overpowered characters. No cat can never miss a catch or dodge every attack, powerplay will not be tolerated.
-Of course, no perfect characters as well. Give your characters some flaws it will make them much more interesting!
-Timeskip mating and birth scenes.
-Only cat characters. Though I may make exceptions.
-You cannot be mates with yourself, nor can you mentor yourself. If the mate is dead that is alright however.
- Copy and paste the little sun symbol anywhere on your from if you read all the rules: 🌞 I WILL not accept you if you do not do this. You only need to do it once for your first form though. Every other form after will be accepted.
Predators and Prey
Pm me for request to border Sunclan
5/16/18- Sunclan Signups are made
5/22/18- borders are worked out with Wolfclan and Dawnclan
5/23/18- Sunclan Plot and Chat Thread is made