STRANGER AND STRANGER | PRIVATE

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Bobbar7857! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Monster Hunter: World! Check here for more info!

• You gotta stand up tall, give them something to say
    With your back against the wall, be somebody to hate!
    tags & plot

Brightmoon.

the sun was hot, and that was a rather pointed statement. he usually started his days off by rolling himself onto his paws, and this morning was no different from any of the others. he tended to be an early-riser, and run on limited sleep, as per usual. his brain kept him up for extended periods at night, and he was just restless in general, so that probably didn't help, either. a lot of things didn't help, but he declared, internally, that there was no point in making himself more miserable than he usually was. he spent his time, even here, mostly alone, and outside of camp, calming doing little strolls, solo patrols, or hunts. he liked to do things alone, not because he particularly hated everyone around him, or even company in general, but because he wasn't sure on how to click with people the way he wanted to. he had bad experiences of opening his mouth, and the wrong thing just spilling out of him, as if it was as natural as the air he breathed. he made an effort, honestly, to pace himself with others, in an attempted hope to not entirely make everyone offended at him.

he was doing a good job, too, considering he didn't really talk to anybody here. sure, they were nice, but he wasn't entirely convinced he could return the feelings. how did one actually talk to people? how did they seek them out, with the only intent to share feelings, and all that associated stuff? he was just wanting the day where he didn't have to think so much with someone else- someone that could, in theory, somewhat, maybe a little, understood how his mind worked. and if he had to wait a little while, well, he was okay with that too. he had gotten distracted again, hadn't he?

startled out of his reverie, he watched in almost horror as the rabbit nimbly fled from him. groaning softly to himself, the usually stoic boy would admit defeat, and head back to camp with only an earlier catch he had caught from before. he wasn't sure on who to gift this particular prize too, and on impulse, he decided to head towards the nursery. one of the queens would want it, he'd think, and hover awkwardly outside of the entrance. he was clearly visible to anyone close enough to the opening, but from an outsider's perspective, he looked timid, or unsure, with his caught rabbit now hanging limply. it didn't matter that he was often in there, or not, queens were just outright terrifying.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

bloomed in a garden of loneliness a flower that resembles you

uqgv8AV.gif46c8bfa9925f8c1d2a7cde967e4e2226ed305f11_00.gif

• it had been a nice day out she supposed, or well, she would've known she hadn't spent most of her time sleeping. it seemed that with every day passing she grew more tired and more hungry, maybe she was close to kitting? it was possible, she would have to speak to cloudcatcher about that. the only thing that worried the silver queen was the lack of movement in her belly, she would feel the slightest touch and then it would be gone. she had recalled stories of cats feeling more around this time, with how large her belly was, had she misjudged the length she'd be carrying?

no, not possible at all, she had a good estimate of her kits arrival. maybe they just weren't active little spitfires like the kits she saw planning within the nursery so frequently. the thought eased her mind a bit, having a easy motherhood would allow her to start her warrior training even faster.

at the sound of paws approached the entrance, she peered up for her sleepy haze and recognized the tom cat from when she had laid outside the nursery in the past. "morningfrost, is that you?" she was excited to see another cat that wasn't under six moons. she had settled in the nursery into a place where she could see easily through the entrance without having to peer over sleeping kits.

sitting up a little, she ventured towards the exit and stretched each limb as she maneuvered over the tired kits who had played all morning. having neared the warrior, she smelled fresh kill and her stomach responded quite enthusiastically. "what do you have there?" her tone was curious and her pale blue eyes lit up in excitement.

BUT THERE'S A STORY BEHIND EVERYTHING. HOW A PICTURE GOT ON A WALL. HOW A SCAR GOT ON YOUR FACE. SOMETIMES THE STORIES ARE SIMPLE, AND SOMETIMES THEY ARE HARD AND HEARTBREAKING.

tags & plot

caught right in the act, wasn't he? the male would deadpan to himself, posture stiffening, in an almost sheepish manner. he almost looked behind him, as if she could possibly be talking to someone else. out of everyone, it had to be her, the one he had complimented almost unconsciously, and then immediately regretted it. how awkward was that, anyway? how did people graciously accept compliments, and then go about their day? his heart practically broke, upon realizing something else. did i wake you?

he'd fidget, slightly, in remorse, unsure of where to put his eyes at. he could head on look at her, but that might as well as be just as awkward as being here. as she approached, he couldn't help but slightly shrink back a little, jaw clenching in unknown emotion. it was an unsure feeling, that ran through his head then, but he acted calmly as he simply lifted up the rabbit for her inspection. it's for you, if you want it. it had been for someone, so it might as well as be her. she was nice enough, right? well, now she probably thought he was as much as a mess as he thought himself, mm?

• morningfrost was a very particular cat, a bit different from the rest. she could simply tell that from the way he reacted and the emotions that seemed to rarely pass through his gaze, at the moment she saw discomfort and worry clouded her mind. had i done something to upset him? she hoped not! of course, if she had, she'd do everything in her power to make him more comfortable. "wake me? not at all, my kits woke me." she meowed happily, referring to the unborn that were nestled inside her belly. "the smell of prey can bring me out of any sleep it seems like now and days." she yawned a little, her mouth closing almost as soon as it opened.

as he presented a rabbit to her, she took notice of his shy demeanor and purred lowly, she sniffed it a bit to see if that was what she was truly craving at that moment. her stomach moved in a noticeable manor and she suspected it was up to her unborn kits expectations. probably even exceeded them consider the large movement she felt! she had never felt such a thing through out her pregnancy. "its definitely quite the rabbit, very large too, i might not be able to finish it myself! " she let out a soft laugh and moved out of the nursery entrance, sitting down comfortably, she seemed to lean a bit to the side to accomidate her extra weight.

the silver she-cat flickered her feathery tail in a gesture, "thank you morningfrost, could you join me please?" he was an interesting tom, that was for sure, maybe she could be able to get him to open up a bit to her while sharing prey. obviously she wasn't expecting his whole history, but making a friend within the clan would help her adjust better.

BUT THERE'S A STORY BEHIND EVERYTHING. HOW A PICTURE GOT ON A WALL. HOW A SCAR GOT ON YOUR FACE. SOMETIMES THE STORIES ARE SIMPLE, AND SOMETIMES THEY ARE HARD AND HEARTBREAKING.

tags & plot

he was naturally aloof appearing, even when he was anything but. he tended to wear his emotions deeper down in his heart, and pretend he didn't have such things. it didn't help that he overthought everything, or that he tended to back away from social interaction as if it was diseased. he liked to keep to himself, or, so he told himself. but that wasn't it, either ; in truth, he was scared of getting harmed by another he thought was suppose to love him, unconditionally. unconsciously, he'd worry his bottom lip, evergreen oculars blankly focusing for a second on her. he gave her an awkward half smile, unsure as to what to say to that. one couldn't tell a very pregnant female 'congrats' out of nowhere, could they? not to mention they probably weren't full clan children, but that had never bothered him to begin with.

he practically held his breath when she stepped closer, resisting the immediate urge to flinch away. it wasn't her, just him- it was usually all in his head, anyway. blinking idly, he'd watch her with a keen gaze, almost missing her words. he'd stiffen slightly, and glance vaguely to the side. he didn't want to upset her, so, he'd approach quietly, and hesitantly take a polite seat beside her. he wasn't relaxed, at all, but he figured this could be worse. i'm sure the kids keep you up a lot, he'd comment randomly, flickering an ear to give thanks to the fact that she invited him in the first place. this was certainly a new, and interesting, feeling.

• she could feel a nervous vibe come off of him, although he seemed quite calm and relaxed in front of her. she took notice of the blank emotions that rested within his eyes, morningfrost definitely had some secrets behind his gaze. although that didn't make her want to uncover everything and pry into his personal life, instead all she felt at that moment was the need to comfort him and make him relaxed.

in the past she had actually met a kit who would have a guard up whenever anyone he wasn't familiar with came towards him, and she saw a bit of that kit in him. "they all keep me up, my unborn, the kits who are motherless in the den." she smiled to herself, she took another small bite, savoring the taste and purring. "i think they do it because they don't have a mother to guide them or give them the loving affection they rightfully deserve."

upon coming here, she had noticed the amount of motherless kits and took the time each day giving them attention and playing with them. once in a while one would join her in her nest just to sleep next to a mother again, it warmed her heart and she felt proud to mother them when they wanted it. she could never push it on them, it just wasn't her at all.

tags & plot

he kept to a routine and that mostly kept him sane; it kept him okay enough to continue on with his day. he was getting urges to go see his sister, but he didn't dare face her, not yet, at least. the worst part about not checking in was the unknowing- what if something bad was happening to her, and he wasn't there for her? he'd bite the inside of his cheek, leaning a bit to the side in an absentminded nature. he too had noticed the amount of parentless kits and he, too, had been drawn to them, to give them some relief in life, even if it meant having his tail yanked or being play dead for awhile. je didn't mind such activities, even when others stared at him. everyone wants to be loved, he'd echo his thoughts aloud in a mindless manner, giving a sheepish shrug a moment later.

• she had ate a couple more bites in the midst of his silence, savoring the flavor of the rabbit that he had brought her. he had probably meant it for any queen or kits that had been hungry, but she enjoyed the thought that he were looking out for the defenseless cats of the clan. it showed a soft side to him that she could relate to and understand, even before being a queen, she was in charge of the kits back when she were a rogue. her leader had thought of kits as being weak and useless and hardly paid any attention to them, she thought it cruel and always spent long days and nights showing them care and allowing them to bloom naturally before her eyes. "they certainly do." she muttered, concern filtered into her tone as she thought about the kits she had left behind in another she-cats care, she wonder how hail would be faring currently with all of those balls of fur.

"where i came from, there were motherless kits there as well." her tone took on a tired nature, one that admitted defeat and shame. she knew why they were motherless, their leader of the rogues would take kits from two-leg homes, gardens, streets... clans. just like she had been taken, ripped from the warm belly of their mothers just to life in filth and grow up cruel enough to kill or scared enough to not leave. "i wish i could've taken them all.." she was quiet with her words, lower than a whisper as she stared at the lifeless rabbit at her paws.

tags & plot

there was always life under ice, was there not? water that some poor soul needed, and that would dig hard against said ice, to get the substance if they need it. just as so, it wasn't really a surprise that he had a softer version of himself. it didn't come out often, and although it was more used towards kittens and elders, he didn't mind letting those worthy see it. he'd always feel awkward about it, but he supposed, in the end, it would matter not. he'd give her a curious side glance, but remain silent about the situation. he was curious enough in regards to her background, but there was no point in asking her about something he wasn't sure he could handle just yet. he could barely handle himself, how could he handle hers too? and would he ever be able to open up to someone like that? indecision was swift, but he pushed the weird thoughts away.

the silence widened with her last words, and he was unsure of what to do. he wasn't good at comfort, or connecting with people on a way like this one. he wanted to help her, but he didn't know how. the feeling was strange, and, idly, his nose would wrinkle ever so slightly. he'd look away for awhile, pondering her words. they'll find their way, just like you did. they'll grow strong, and make fine cats. that's the only thing one can hope, i suppose.

• she had gotten lost in her thoughts and memories of her old ragged pack and she picked up her head and looked at morningfrost excitedly. "of course they will! they'll be strong and thrive in life and i can only wish the best for them!" its all she could do honestly, why worry about the past and negatives when she could look towards the good in everyones future?

"you know morningfrost, i don't know why everyone is always so negative and worried about the past. i mean, look at the future that you can literally shape with your paws on your own?" she proudly looked around windclan, "i had been stolen from this clan and taught to grow up as a savage, but instead i returned to the path i choose rather than what others tried to force me to do." she smiled and purred.

tags & plot

he was taken aback by her positivity, but he'd offer her a slow morphing, and soft, smile. he didn't offer his negativity to her, or bother to think it, for once. his mind was perfectly empty, if only for a few seconds, and he was thankful for that. truly. although, her next string of sentences would make him wince, slightly, as if her words were meant pointedly to his situation. he couldn't just let his past go, and he didn't have it in him to fully invest into his own future just yet, but he was willing to learn from his mistakes. that was better then nothing, he supposed. i think it's a matter of learning from your past and accepting it. some just can't do that in their life at the moment. it's not something one can will to be fixed instantly.

• she nodded, the smile still gracing her lips. "oh i know... nothing ever comes quickly. its like the sun and the moon, they both travel slowly. never really reaching the other, but on the other paw, they progress towards one another slowly each and every day... and one day, they'll be joined again." she spoke about positivism and unity of two things that may never come together.

but in reality they will.

your past catches up to your future and all you can do is accept it and allow the change, then take over yourself. it's something she believed in incredulously. feeling a small movement in her stomach she erupted in soft laughter, "oh morningfrost.. i can not wait to meet my kits." she looked at him, eyes shinning for the love of her kin. "they're so ferocious, kicking me constantly and playing within me. i'll make sure they always know comfort and love." she would no repeat the past of kits who were not loved and warmed by their mother, she would change it. although darkness loomed behind her eyes, she never let it breach inside of her, never allowed it to devour her.