into the sky | ANNOUNCEMENT/MCA TRYOUTS

The winners for the April Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Cass and Art goes to Suwaco

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
Come check out May's CDC!
The winners of the latest giveaway are: Shadowstartheleader(first winner) and Bobbar 7857(second winner)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Fallout 4! Check here for more info!

• How long had it been that Asterpaw had been cooped up within the medicine cat den? The sickness of the rat disease had spread quickly throughout ShadowClan, and the one who had been designated to heal them ended up getting infected. How ironic. But it dawned on him, then-- He needed to become a true medicine cat. And he needed somebody who could help him balance the weight of ShadowClan's sick on his shoulders.

Late that night, he had made the trek to the Moonstone. As the moonlight touched the inside of the cavern, he nestled himself against the crystal, and it was only a matter of time before StarClan was there to answer his call. He asked for advice. He asked what to do currently, what to do in the future, how to make ShadowClan better. This was his home now.

And now, Asterpaw walked in that morning, the birds only beginning to chirp. Nervousness coiled within his stomach, but he leaped on to the meeting place, staring down at the growing crowd of cats. "Sh-Sh...adowClan, if I could h-have your... attention please!" He called as loud as he could, then paused as he watched groggy members gather beneath him.

"L-Last night, I spo...ke with StarClan. From this point on.... I will be k-nown as Asterstem. I have e-earned my full me...dicine cat name." He paused again to let that information sink in, before clearing his throat. He then leaped down the rock, darting into the medicine cat's den quickly before coming back with an array of herbs in his jaws. He settled at the base of the rock and dropped them on the ground.

"Furth-ermore, I have.... been told to seek an app-rentice. So... If a-anybody interested could g-gather here I'll be h-hosting tryouts. Th-Those simply intereste...d in learning more can gather, too."

I will be looking for these things from a potential medicine cat apprentice:

- Participation in this thread. This will be where I and Aster can learn what your character already knows. Your character doesn't have to and probably shouldn't know a ton of herbs already, as there's no point in getting an apprentice if they already know what's going on!

- General activity. This is mainly so that when I'm gone, as I get busy often, ShadowClan still has an active and engaging member to rely on.

- Just have your character be interesting and three dimensional! They don't have to be super soft and sweet to be a medicine cat apprentice. They should have both positive traits and negative traits. Maybe your character doesn't even want to be a medicine cat apprentice, but was chosen by StarClan!

Please state interest in your OOC, or else it will be assumed your character is just here to learn more.

SdDo2M3.png

i hit the soft spot on the soft spot of my head

it made me tired, so i sung from my bed

• FAR AWAY I GO FAR AWAY

Daypaw listened to the cat. Asterstem. Asterstem. Asterstem. She repeated trying to help herself remember the name. Being a medicine cat apprentice sounded like fun. But Day knew with her dementia that she would have trouble remembering the herbs. Instead she stayed near Asterstem just to see what would happen in her clan. Her thoughts were that she had to participate in her clan so that Ratshadow would be happy.

tags | "speech"

I’VE GOT MEMORIES AND

TRAVEL LIKE GYPSIES IN THE NIGHT

tags. | played by ZHAR!

• [ sunpaw]

apprentice

bi / single

speaks in bold

thinks in italics

attacks in underline

injuries: none

ooc: i'm interested in having sunpaw as mca.

ic: Sunpaw approached the meeting. Asterpaw was now Asterstem and was a full medicine cat. As the red tabby approached, she was paying attention to what he was saying. He seemed as somber at she was. The disease had spread and taken the lives of so many. The apprentice stepped forward and looked down at the herbs that he had placed on the ground. It was quite of few of them ranging from horsetail to lavender.

This would definitely give her something to do. Her amber eyes looked at the other apprentice and then back at the medicine cat. Let's do this. I'd like to be the medicine cat apprentice, but perhaps just learning...maybe...just maybe...I could help another cat fight an illness...maybe this time they'd survive...

• Don't mess this up, Statickit. He told himself in a lame attempt to build up his courage. He knew a lot of things- he was a rather bright young man. However, he'd hardly ever bothered learning about herbs. In fact, he felt silly being here. He wasn't even sure if he belonged in this clan. No no, shut up, stop that. That right there. That's why you're always nervous. Stop that.

This cat- Asterstem? Yeah yeah, that was his name. This cat was awesome. Well, he didn't mean personality wise. Maybe he was, Statickit wasn't sure. This cat was an outlier- most deaf cats never learned to talk because they couldn't hear themselves or the words others said. With deafness almost always came muteness. This Asterstem cat had learned to talk, though, and even if his speech was a little broken it was still awesome. He was saying things like "futhermore", how amazing was that? He must have learned from his dreams. That was so neat! Oh, golly, well anyway- enough fawning over cool cats, Statickit needed to focus. The only "herb" he really knew the effect of was a cobweb. Emphasis on the quotation marks, as that clearly wasn't an herb and even the dumbest of cats knew the use of cobwebs. He wanted to know more. More than just healing, in fact. He wanted to learn other uses for herbs, too. How cool would that be?

HJPerd3.png

STATICKIT ♂️

SHADOWCLAN

5 MOONS - TRANS

NPC x NPC

• 「 sippin' trpicana in a coconut cabana — floating on flamingos, smokin' all the mangos 」

sunlitpaw knew a bit about herbs already. mostly the ones used for pain and stiff muscles - how could she not, when she'd once been taking them on a daily basis? today wasn't all that great of a day for her, her scarred leg had spasmed first thing this morning, ad it was still quite sore. but despite this, learning more herbs was still very itneresting, an she'd pad forward, dipping her head in greeting before settling down to participate, her torn up leg angled a bt awkwardly to avoid the pain.

"Speech."

TAGS & INFORMATION

//interested in MCA spot

CRUISIN' IN THE OFF WHITE, SOAKIN' UP THE SUNSHINE
    MELTIN' OFF THE BAD VIBES WITH MY ULTRAVIOLET EYESIGHT

[ sunlitpaw ➛ npc x npc (adopted by loststar) ➛ 10 months ➛ played by aklm]

JELLO SHOTS AND LEMON DROPS
    THIS IS HOW WE OTTER POP

• Wow, quite a few had stuck around! Asterstem hadn't really expected this much interest in being a medicine cat apprentice or simply just learning the trade. The corners of his ebony lips twitched upwards in a small and pleased smile, deep blue gaze scanning the small crowd. Sunpaw, Statickit, and Sunlitpaw seemed the most interested, but it was good to see Daypaw sticking around to learn more. He cleared his throat, then nodded. "We... C-Can sta-rt now. Any...body is free to join in at a-any time." He announced.

He then cleared his throat. "First w-we'll go.... over four basic h...erbs and then a sce..nario. Ready?" He asked them, waiting for them to give the confirmation before pushing forward a stalk with large green leaves and a white bulb on the bottom. "Can anybody tell me.... wh-what this is and wh....at it's for?"

SdDo2M3.png

• Statickit blinked. Hey, woah! It was garlic! He tried using it to mask his smell before leaving DarkClan, just in case whatever clan he stumbled upon tried to send him back, but it didn't quite work the way he'd hoped. If anything, he just ended up getting dirt on his pelt. With a wild stroke of luck, Static actually knew the name. However, there had to be some other reason to use garlic other than just masking scents. It wouldn't make sense for a medicine cat to need it if that were the only reason for having it. "I uhh- that's garlic, right? That's, uhm, that's all I know about it, though." The boy answered awkwardly, trying to look right at Asterstem so he could read his lips. Or... however Aster could communicate? Static was still curious on that one. Surely one of these other cats knew, though. Whatever it was used for, it smelled awful. Tasted okay, though. Maybe they could eat some garlic with their prey. Applied use of herbs, how interesting was that?

HJPerd3.png

STATICKIT ♂️

SHADOWCLAN

5 MOONS - TRANS

NPC x NPC

• YiXlZwh.gif The black feline looked over as the medicine cat spoke, happy that their would be an apprentice soon. It was always good to have two or more cats within the clan with medical knowledge. Since Shadowclan had gone without a medicine cat for a long time. Her brown eyes landed on Daypaw and wondered if they were interested in such a rank. The warrior didn't say anything about the matter and instead went to go out hunting. Maybe by the time she returned, Astersteam would have selected an apprentice. "" .

shadowclan warrior 12 moons girl berrybreeze x npc  tags

// track :)

shadowclan warrior 12 moons girl berrybreeze x npc

roleplayed by decaying - TAGS

WnbKd3M.gif

• [ sunpaw ]

apprentice

bi / single

speaks in bold

thinks in italics

attacks in underline

"Staticpaw is correct," the apprentice stated. "Garlic, if in the right dose, can be used to properly help with detoxic. However, in high doses...it can be deadly to a cat."

That's about all she knew of garlic. It had a tart flavor and she didn't care much for it herself. She remembered that it was actually one of the things that had been given to her mother to try to help her illness. That was how she knew of it. There were a few herbs that she knew and this was one of them. She knew that she wanted to learn and that, even if she wasn't presented as a medicine cat apprentice, she would still be thankful for learning.

• 「 sippin' trpicana in a coconut cabana — floating on flamingos, smokin' all the mangos 」

Garlci! Sunlitpaw wasn't first to answer, but she to knew that plant. However, she'd pipe up one little fact the others had left out. "I know it's really good for rat or fox bites, or any animal that bitesyou and carries diseases...." Then again, she mainly knew this as she'd had it used on her, as the fox bite wound on her leg had nearly been infected to to the half-starved animal being disgusting and filthy.

"Speech."

TAGS & INFORMATION

THIS IS HOW WE OTTER POP

• Asterstem's deep blue eyes gleamed with satisfaction when his temporary pupils answered correctly, though two of them didn't know too much about it. "Th-That's right. It's wi-ld garlic, and it's u-used to help pre-vent infec...tion and is used on r-rat bites a lot." He pushed the herb to the side before nudging forward a tall stalk with yellow flowers on it, the bitter scent flowing from it. "Wh-Wh-What about this one?"

SdDo2M3.png

• Birdpaw

//I'm interested in Birdpaw being MCA! With her poor eyesight and injury it seems it'll be the only thing she'd be good at

The petite tabico made her way forth with hesitation, her training as a warrior had been hinder by her poor sight and permanent limp so becoming a medicine cat had slowly gained her interest but.. Her hazy blue gaze went to Asterstem, that would mean she would have to work with the molly that avoided her. "Is it marigold?" Birdpaw chimed in, her tail twitching with apprehension.

For a moment, sunlitpaw was stumped, as it didn't look like marigold and she couldn't think of any other golden flowers... well, except one... "Tansy?" she doubted it was tansy, as it didn't quite smell right, but it was the best guess she had at the moment. Oh well, at least if she was right she knew what it was used for... and if not, then she was learning something new!

"Speech."

TAGS & INFORMATION

THIS IS HOW WE OTTER POP

• The apprentice grumbled quietly. "That's a stinky-plant, nerds." It was time for Makopaw to flex her superior intellect on these mere plebeians. She was not at all interested in medicine; she much preferred fighting, because it didn't involve much thinking (at least, her brand of fighting didn’t). You just do it, and you either win or you don't. Medicine, however, required critical thinking, which was lame and dumb. She thought it'd be a lot more effective if you just shoved grass (it's green and therefore good for you) in your mouth and called it a day.

• [ sunpaw ]

apprentice

bi / single

speaks in bold

thinks in italics

attacks in underline

ooc: Sorry I disappeared. I got busy this week.

ic:

"That's Ragwort Leaves...I think it's combined with something to help with aching joints," the apprentice stated.

She remembered that one of the elders had told her about them, but it wasn't very detailed. The only thing that she knew was that it looked similar to Marigold and that it was some sort of berry. Other than that, she vaguely remembered details. It wasn't like she knew much about being a medicine cat.

Looking at Makopaw with skeptical look, she knew that it was just one of those types of cats and to ignore it. Turning back to Asterstem, she wondered if anyone would react to the newcomers.

• Asterstem was quick to ignore Makopaw-- There would always be a critic, though he'd have to see what she would be saying if she ever got a nasty injury. "Y-Yes... Sunpaw is ri-right, it's ragwort le-leaves," He hummed, pushing it away. The next one was a light pink flower with a darker pink middle-- It wasn't as commonly used, so he'd be interested to see what they thought. "Second to la-last one! Wh....What's this?"

SdDo2M3.png

• QUIET WHEN YOU MAKE ME FADE —

Hickorykit, her curiosity getting the best of her, trotted over to the gathering of cats. Hickory wasn't sure what she was interested in yet, but her pacifist-type feelings made it seem like she should steer in the direction of being a medic's apprentice.

Standing nearby with nothing but a tired expression on her face, the kitten's expression lit up as Asterstem held up the pink flower. "It's pretty!" Hickorykit yelled out, wanting to share her opinion.

• [ sunpaw ]

apprentice

bi / single

speaks in bold

thinks in italics

attacks in underline

The apprentice looked at it. Hickorykit was right. It was a beautiful flower and very unique. It was often found in sunny areas in the thickets.

"Is it Bright Eye," the apprentice asked. She wasn't sure what it had been called, but she was hoping that she was correct. "If it is, it's good with lovage to help with coughs."