cobwebs and flies come out -- open; meeting

The winners for the April Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Cass and Art goes to Suwaco

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
Come check out May's CDC!
The winners of the latest giveaway are: Shadowstartheleader(first winner) and Bobbar 7857(second winner)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Fallout 4! Check here for more info!
  • Meetings were not something that Ima liked to miss, whether it be her holding them, or if it was someone else doing them. She wanted them to be on time, and she wanted them to have a schedule, whether it be weekly or bi-weekly, but it seemed as though she was failing in those aspects. Archi had done well with meetings, though not all of them had been on time, there was always one to look forward to within a week or two, whereas Ima's meetings had seemed uncertain as to if there would be one. Well, there was now, and there was a lot of stuff that Ima had to get through in this one. Some things would be hard to announce, but she would get over it. She could manage, as it was all for the best of the clan. "Riftians!" The female would call from where she stood on the bottom floor of the lighthouse, making her way up a few steps so that she was taller than those who would be on the floor, so that she could be seen and heard better. "Gather to the floor for a much needed meeting." Ima would wait a few moments, watching those that gathered, waiting for more to come before she would continue on.

"First of all, I would like to extend a warm welcome to those who have joined recently. I'm glad to see new faces around, and hope that the Rift goes above your expectations of our clan, and that you wish to stay with us for as long as time lets you." Of course, she wished for many to gather to the Rift, many to come to the place they all called home in order to make their home here. Though there was not unlimited room in the Lighthouse, there was also the small village a little further away, and though that wasn't an ideal place for a bunch of animals to live, so far away from the meeting place and main camp, with a little cleaning and clearing away some foilage, it could make a good place to commute to and eventually connect communications. That would be a project for another day, however.

Thinking, she would check of her mental list before opening her maw to continue. "There have been a few things that we have been invited to, of which I have accepted. The Colour Command's leader has died, and they have invited us to Kieran's funeral. None have to go if they did not know him, though if you do wish to go to pay your respects, you are more than welcome to." Ima, personally did not know him too well, and had only met him once when she had become leader herself, but he had seemed nice and respectable. "Second, the Overgrowth has invited us to a campout event. They are a close ally of ours, and a former home of mine, so if anyone is willing to go there, it would be nice. They are a lovely bunch of animals." She was quite fond of all of them really. "And lastly, there is an event hub that Colour Command has invited us to as well. Get to know their territory and our allies and stuff like that."

A pause would come from the female, letting her words sink in before once more her maw opened and sound came out, "There will be more announcements soon."

*:・゚✦ —Come with me catch a rare type specimen

imaginedragons veritas + 21 months + deaf + norwegian forest cat + tikki

former admiral and doctor of the rift + has a pet lemur

• The boy knew a meeting was due, and was growing a little anxious for one. He had gotten used to the comfort of constantly having one, thanks to Archi's dedicated leadership, but he trusted Ima. He knew she was working hard, too, even if it had been a shaky start for more than one reason. It would be hard to follow up the example Archi had set, especially when so many things seemed to be falling apart. She was doing good so far, though, he felt. They could get things back in shape soon. And the call of another meeting would just help build that belief.

There was more news than last time, it seemed, which was promising. The injured dragon noted that he would need to meet these new members Ima spoke of, since it seemed he missed out on welcoming them. He was sorry to hear the Colour Command's leader died, although he was pretty sure he'd never met the guy, so he'd feel out of place if he went to the funeral. Besides, he did not want to push his body too much right now. It hurt just to go to the Frontier as an ambassador, so going to any events would sorta just wear him out really fast. He'd rather focus on the Rift for now. He shifted his posture slightly as she paused, saying there was more, wondering what it'd be. Probably just some promotions and demotions.

TAGS UPDATED 4/11/18

• TLgXFvr.jpg

The serval was afraid that the leader had disappeared once again, not that she was any better. Cosmicshadow was off and on with appearences all the time. Often feeling too overwhelmed to deal with anyone and their bullshit. She made her way over and sat on down, looking up at the leader. Everything they said she didn't really care about. It was sad to hear someone had died but she knew nothing about them, so she didn't really care all that much. Glancing around, she wondered who else would appear to attend this meeting. Maybe she needed to get off her ass and help out her home for once. Her eyes went back to Imaginedragons and waited to hear what else was in store for them. ""

TAGS

LOVER COME OVER, LOOK WHAT I'VE DONE

I'VE BEEN ALONE SO LONG, I FEEL LIKE I'M ON THE RUN

roleplayed by decaying

• It did not bode well that so few had shown up to the meeting so far, and Ima's ears would instinctual pin to the back of her head for a moment before a small sigh left her maw, something inaudible to only those who would be directly next to her. "As I continue this meeting," She would speak once more, tail flicking once as soon as she had done so, thoughts rushing through her head. "I want to try and bring back an old tradition, from back when the Rift was known as "TidalClan". We would use specific seashells as a type of currency, and trade them for goods such as foods that people baked, flower crowns, paintings, written songs for someone, etc. It was something nice, but has been lost with time. It would give use to the village off camp a little ways away as well, as we can set up shops there." It would give animals time to do something to, motivation for others to join. It'd be nice to have the word of it get out at some point. "And before I draw this meeting to a close, I would like to give some promotions. Anyone who wished to be a doctor's apprentice may now so be it, which includes Vasin, Pledgecub, and Kodaline, though all three of you will need to be around more so that you can get trained and keep up with your rank. Cosmic, if she accepts, I want to be promoted to Officer. It's not the highest of ranks, but you've been around and active for a while, and I'd think you'd make a good addition to the team. I'd also like to promote Crashedholidays to Admiral." She'd wait a second or two as soon as she had said this, letting any noise that came from it calm down, as, after all, Ima was already Admiral. "And I will be stepping down from the rank. I feel as though I have not done a good job, and in the upcoming month or so, I won't be able to be around enough to properly lead the clan. I feel as though Crashed will lead this clan nicely."

"And if there are no questions, this meeting is dismissed."

• TLgXFvr.jpg

The idea of opening up shops was not new but interesting. She wondered if everyone would start out with these seashells. Cosmic began to think too much into it and decided to let it be. The feline would never open a shop and she doubted to would by anything. But maybe this would become more useful than she originally thought. Hearing that she was promoted was a little surprising and her heart began to beat painfully against her chest. How silly. She gave a nod to accept the rank. Unable to fully take it in since the next piece of news surprised her. They were stepping down? A change in leadership yet again. Ugh. Her eyes looked to Crashed, "Congrats I guess. "

TAGS

LOVER COME OVER, LOOK WHAT I'VE DONE

I'VE BEEN ALONE SO LONG, I FEEL LIKE I'M ON THE RUN

roleplayed by decaying

• The lack of members arriving caused worry to spike. Not even Archie seemed to be here. He would need to look for her soon. But, he didn't get much time to think too hard about those details until Ima began to speak again, and he would turn his attention to her. A tradition? He remembered her bringing this up the last high position meeting, so this did not come as a surprise. He was curious to see how it'd work out. He let in a small sigh as she brought up promotions, not really thinking anyone besides Cosmic was active enough for one right now. He supposed that's all she was doing, besides the doctor apprentices, until she said his name.

Admiral? But, she was admiral, and he felt she would do a fine job. He still had so much to learn. A wave of panic arose within him, but the only signs he displayed of it was his shocked expression. She was stepping down. A slight frown came across his face and he had to take a moment to register her words before he said anything. She thought he would lead nicely? He had no clue what he was doing; he just pretended. But now he needed to figure it out. Immediately. "C-Congrats and welcome to the t-team," he would say at first, kind of quietly. After all, he only saw Cosmic here right now. He stared at Ima for a few seconds more before looking to the ground as Cosmic congratulated him."Thank y-you. I'll d-do my best." And he absolutely meant it.

TAGS UPDATED 4/11/18

• As Falloutboy listened to Ima’s words, he realized how much he missed meetings. They were like a blob of information that you couldn’t get anywhere else. He was happy that currency was back. Maybe he could offer services? The thought of Falloutboy the cleaning maid made him let out a small snicker, unnoticed among the crowd.

He cheered as others were promoted, but confusion swept over him. Two admirals? How... oh. As his sister said that she was stepping down, his question was answered before it had time to come out.

“You’ll still be around though, right?” He asked, desperately hoping that she would still wander around the lighthouse. Oh he couldn’t bear to be parted with her again. She was the only family he had left. Titaniumdreams and Ridgewhiskey had disappeared, and Archi had died. Ima was the thin thread he held onto to save the rest of his sanity.

"speaking in #9957cd" 

- tags -

AM I MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR YET?

—— falloutboy veritas, member of the rift | played by melo-crisis ・゚✦

• Head dipping slightly to Cosmic and Crashed, Ima would turn her head towards her brother as he spoke, head nodding slightly. "I will try my best," She would offer, a small smile on her maw as she did so, "I do not wish to leave, but I will not be able to be here all the time."