THE MUTE [-] OPEN; INTRO

The winner of the latest giveaway is: Shadowstar the leader! Congratulations to them! To the rest of you: please stop letting them win all the games! Just click below to learn how to enter the monthly giveaways!

The next giveaway is for Jurassic World Evolution Deluxe! Check here for more info!
  • "THE MUTE" - Rosekit - 04 months - Selectively Mute - Female

Roe was always an odd one. The pretty brown-furred she-kit was always sleek and well groomed, and her wide yellow eyes often expressed the thoughts and emotions she chose not to put into words. For a while, her family had thought she was mute. She rarely mewled or cried as a kit, and ceased doing so at all as soon as she learned to walk. She wasn't deaf, and no she wasn't dumb or mute... she just didn't like to speak... no, not at all. She could no longer remember what had put her off speaking, but it had become such an ingrained part of her that even her mother had stopped trying to change this.

However, just because she was silent didn't mean she was quiet or reserved... oh no! Roe was always out and about, constantly exploring, learning, playing, and helping as much as her young age allowed for. Her expressive eyes and passionate attitude had already allowed her to wedge her way into many of her clan-mates hearts, and many had already begun to accept her... oddities. Not that roe cared much, mind you, she'd be fine even if nobody liked her. She liked herself, and that was all she needed.

So it was with bright eyes and a skip in her step that she'd dutifully find the pigeon feathers that an NPC warrior had hidden all around the camp for her to find. So far she'd gotten three, two from in the reeds and one from the wall of the nursery, and was scoping out the edges of the warriors den as she tried to keep her paw-steps quiet so as to not disturb those within.

I HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH THE CLOUDS, THE DOGS, THE DEAD —

— and they thought me broken, that my tongue was coated lead

tradtional riverclan apprentice06 months bio plot

• Bluekit had tried her hardest to eat the mouse, but the tang of blood on her tongue and the way the meat tasted made her gag. She hadn't even managed swallowing one bite before she'd spat it out in fear that she'd vomit up the only sort of meat she liked. Well, liked wasn't quite the word. Bluekit knew it was disgusting, she knew it was immoral and wrong, but unable to stand any other meat, she could only eat the kind that Larkthroat gave to her.

Spitting out a few stray mouse hairs, Bluekit stuck the mouse in the fresh-kill pile, hoping she didn't get in trouble for it having a bite missing. She certainly didn't want one of the warriors or apprentices to get in trouble because another thought that they were having a quick snack before turning in their kill, so it would hopefully go unnoticed and look more like a wound than a bite mark. Bluekit hadn't taken a large bite anyways.

Her eyes shifted to Rosekit who was curiously exploring camp. Bluekit hadn't talked to her much - she was rather quiet. Though, she'd been too busy to really notice that she did anything so... bold like searching high and low in various spots around camp for something. What was she looking for? The gray kitten approached Rosekit curiously and saw she had three feathers clutched in her jaws. "What are you doing?" Bluekit asked curiously.

• ASHPAW

tags + imagery in sig

Ashpaw perked up when she noticed Rosekit and didn't hesitate to pad right over. She'd just returned from a hunting patrol, meaning she'd get a bit of downtime before someone snagged her for chores.

"Hey, Rosy," she purred, leaning down to lick the kitten's head. She meowed a hello to Blue, then returned her attention to the tinier kit and her feathers.

It had taken all of two seconds for Ash to become attached to Ravensong's babies, and she'd unofficially adopted them as her own younger siblings pretty much from the get-go. She loved Roe, silence and all. Ashpaw loved to talk and talk, but Rosekit's silence certainly wasn't unbecoming. Qute the contrsry, it suited her well.

Ash had been so lonely as a kit. Having this, it was different. It was nice. Ashpaw found herself acting kind of different in front of the kits, sometimes-- less rowdy, less crazy, less like a kit herself. A little more...

Well, she wasn't sure. Older, maybe?

"Those feathers are pretty. What are you doing with them?"

. . .

//ooc: HI HELLO INSERT LOVING OLDER SIS ASHPAW HERE

aw look at that she's Maturing just slightly :') also I love roe sm and ash is 1000% calling her rosy forever

AND AFTER ALL YOU PUT ME THROUGH

DON'T SAY IT WASN'T TRUE

THAT YOU

WERE NOT THE MONSTER

that i knew

ashpaw | riverclan (tags) ✲✴✵ falukit | riverclan ✲✴✵ passionkit | darkclan (tags) ✲✴✵ chromefoot | windclan ✲✴✵ perennial | skyclan

• YOUR REDEMPTION WON'T GROW STALE —

Cinderkit also didn’t like speaking, but for her, it wasn’t dislike but anxiety. Noticing Bluekit, she trotted over since it was someone she knew. Eyeing the other kit she didn’t know, the maine coon sat down on the ground, watching Rosekit quietly. Her copper eyes hung around on the feathers that she had for a moment, before returning to watching Rosekit, silent. Her feathery tail waved behind her as she sat, light breezes ruffling her fur up a bit.

I WONDER IF THAT'S WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO DIE AND

——— ⋆ IF I'LL EVER UNDERSTAND GOD IN MY LIFESPAN

played by onomato || apprentice || plot thread || storage thread

Hesitant to respond, she'd pause in her search, having spotted the feather tucked high against the wall of the warriors den, and carefully set her three prizes down. Flashing a dazzling smile, she'd push her pile forwards slightly with one paw, before rearing up onto her hind legs and carefully swatting it down with her claws. Pride glowing in her gaze, she said only one word. "Game." Her voice was soft and sweet, but she knew had she spoken any louder it would have sounded harsh and cracking from disuse. Oh well, it wasn't like she needed it much anyways.

• ASHPAW

tags + imagery in sig

Ashpaw purred at the sound of Rosekit's voice. She knew it was difficult for her to speak, and sometimes she couldn't at all, so it was nice to hear her.

"Oh, fun! What kind of..." She trailed off, frowning, thinking of asking in a way that Rosekit could answer without needing to speak.

"Are you hunting for them? Are they hidden, or something like that?" She grinned a little and poked one of the feathers with her paw. "Can I play, too?"

They were particularly nice feathers. Maybe she could help Rosekit use them to decorate her nest in the nursery when they were done. Ravensong would like that... ha, Marshkit might get a little too wild and mess it up, though.

Actually, for that matter, Ashpaw might get a little too wild and mess it up.

Anyway.

. . .

//ooc:

DON'T SAY IT WASN'T TRUE

THAT YOU

WERE NOT THE MONSTER

that i knew

ashpaw | riverclan (tags) ✲✴✵ falukit | riverclan ✲✴✵ passionkit | darkclan (tags) ✲✴✵ chromefoot | windclan ✲✴✵ perennial | skyclan

• Bluekit flicked her tail in greeting to Cinderkit as she approached and turned to regard Rosekit curiously as Ashpaw interrogated her about her game and asked if she could play, too, of course. Bluekit had been expecting that question, and had to hold back a rumbling laugh when it finally was expelled from the older she-cat's mouth. "Is it like hide 'n seek but where you're seeking inanimate objects?" she inquired and tipped her head to the side.

(omg she reminds me of El from Stranger Things!)

Rosekit, who had been just about to respond to ashpaw with a series of nods, let out a slight squeal in the back of her throat, bounding over to bluekit and nodding enthusiastically. Bluekit had gotten it exactly right, and pride filled her already expressively happy eyes.

• DOVESTRIKE

DOVESTRIKE || FEMALE || 24 1/2 MOONS || NO MATE || TO CRUSH ON SCORCHEDFACE || NO KITS || RIVER CLAN

-- //retro to meeting Scorchedface

Dovestrike licked her shoulder, she had been laying in the reeds as she observed the kits. So many words and the little Rosekit remained silent. How curious, is she mute? Usually kits are so loud and raucous... or maybe she has no interest in speaking? Dovestrike got up and walked over just in time to hear Rosekit squeal. She perked her ears in surprise, "Wow Rosekit, one would think you weren't even capable of a squeal!". She purred softly and said her words with warmth.

Dovestrike looked at Ashpaw, wasn't she Sharkpool's unlucky apprentice? Poor her, in the end she will be stronger. Not only that but Bluekit seemed pretty excited as well.

"Speech"

thoughts

attack or violent move

(c)trexgirl

I Make Like Water And....

Go With The Flow

DoveStrike | Female | River Clan | Warrior | Mates? With Scorchedface | Apprentices: Finchpaw & Sedgepaw |Carrying Scorchedface's kit

tags. | played by Swiftcream

hgg_by_espaguetis-dc7x1y5.png

5695f1bda987e6018862bdce10bed067-full.png

• Bluekit narrowed her eyes in thought. What a peculiar game. She hadn't thought to play hide 'n seek in that manner, but to be honest, it was quite smart. It taught kits and apprentices alike to use their thinking skills, to sharpen their eyesight, and become aware of their surroundings. "That actually sounds fun. Maybe we could take turns hiding and finding the feathers - if you want some company that is," she told Rosekit before turning her head to nod at Dovestrike politely.

• ASHPAW

tags + imagery in sig

"Oooh! I call hiding the feathers next! I know lots of good hiding places, you'll have lots of fun looking for them," Ashpaw purred. "I am actually the sneakiest sneaker ever in all of RiverClan, so, yep. You should definitely let me hide the feathers next." It didn't cross her mind that she might've sounded just a tad prideful, and that she might've been stealing Rosekit's thunder by saying that. She could be insensitive a lot, and here it showed plainly.

Ash paused for a second, glancing down at the feathers Roe had collected so far. "Hm. Do you want to look for the rest yourself, Rosy? Or... do you want us to help?" She panicked a little when she realized that might be hard to answer nonverbally. "Um! Nod your head if you want us to help! And, uh, shake your head no if you want to find the rest yourself?" Did that sound demeaning? Maybe it sounded demeaning--

Ash wasn't very good at this.

Funny, though. She'd never really cared to think much about her words and how they sounded to others, at least not before Ravensong's kits had factored into the equation. Insensitive, sure, but learning.

Weird how things like that could change a person, even subtly.

. . .

//ooc: sneaks in a tiny lil bit of character development here bc why not c;

rosie's such a sweetie aww

DON'T SAY IT WASN'T TRUE

THAT YOU

WERE NOT THE MONSTER

that i knew