When Worlds Collide ~ OOC

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • okay, The Seer Of Dreams , You're going to have to provide an example of an artifact. You're being really vague right now, so...

Let me see if I've got this straight then;

Artifacts are souls of gods, basically, bonded to physical things. These souls have personalities. Some have gone mad from the solitude, others have stayed sane. All are powerful.

Fractured souls have their own abilities, albeit much weaker, and generally lack a personality.

So would I be getting off easy if I said that;

The Brain of the Summer Storm was a full soul, split into 2 (major) personalities (Raijin/Thor, or at least they would be the most used) as a result of it's madness? EDIT, it's now two souls, mashed into one artifact. ;3 Nick's going to need all the power he can wield to be able to make them bond.

The Shadow thief's Gloves being a small fraction of a thief-god's soul? This is good.

and Hades's Gun being a fraction of Hades's soul he gives to all Grim Reapers? EDIT, it's now Hades's soul, twisted into the Gunman, takes more shots but can still hurt anything with a soul, and I added some defensive measures. Also a really strong 'curse'. ;3

Wandering Ronin Spud is... Writing!

tumblr_muy3uoMraF1skd41vo1_1280.png

The post was edited 3 times, last by Spudbob ().

• I'm not very good at explaining things :P but i think you got it pretty well. I can dig up some posts from the old RP about Raanan (my old artifact) and Jewel (who was his holder) and how they work together. But i really need to sleep now so t'll have to be tomorrow.

I mostly like all your ideas about artifacts, but the ability to kill literally anything with a soul seems a bit much without any kind of restrictions. Also all the "gods" are dead.

Here, lemme go into a bit about their history.

The artifacts are based around a mix of different old mythologys, and their history is mainly based on norse myths. They split into two groups and went to war, ending in the whole race's destruction. They destroyed their whole dimension in the process, letting their souls escape into the multiverse. some of them shattered into pieces, but others stayed whole, or at least mostly so. They all attached to random objects and relics (often ones that reminded them of something) and were trapped there. Some of them went insane from the isolation, and also, you know, DEATH, Or have been driven insane by evil people who have found them.

Oh, and i forgot to mention one thing.

If the artifacts are strong enough, they can sometimes "posses" anyone who holds them for a short amount of time, so they can speak to the people around them. When not possessing their holder, they can only speak to people through direct contact with their vessel.

Also, I found this timeline our friend made for the roleplay. (the original RP was based around gravity fall btw, that's what all the bill cipher stuff is about.) Bolded the parts that are talking about the god/artifacts at the beginning, and i left the rest because i thought you guys might find it interesting.

(also i think two souls, or pieces of souls, bonding inside the same vessel and mashing into one being would be a cool idea.)

*eats cookies stressfully*

• Now was that so hard to write? That literally answers all my questions I had, and I'm now editing my artifacts to fit.

And sorry if I sound snarky, it's just... you were saying things, yet explaining nothing. sorta frustrating, ya know?

no hard feelings, though.

• Uh, it actually was very hard to write? I took me quite a long time, and I had to dig through old threads to find everything. Also I was keeping it a little vague on purpose because i'm trying to contact the person who thought up most of the stuff about artifacts, and wrote the timeline, and I'm not completely sure if i'm getting all the details correct so I want to wait for him to reply before I set everything in stone.

I also have a lot of anxiety over posting things online and interacting with people in general. Even if you didn't mean to be mean, it's really easy for me to feel like i'm being attacked and judged, even when I know better.

Like, I get you're just trying to figure things out, but i'm trying really hard here, so tone down the sass.

*eats cookies stressfully*

• oh, I had assumed you already knew everything. It was... inconsiderate of me.

... sorry?

Anyway, My artifacts are edited. Hopefully they fit this new criteria. I've even toned down the power of the Gun.

• Okay. So I'm taking the reins for a bit I guess. Um. Yeah.

The cake is a lie but we have cookies! WARNING: May spontaneously make Disney references along with other fandoms.
  • Me and deer have been rather busy with school and life so let me check with her real quick.

The cake is a lie but we have cookies! WARNING: May spontaneously make Disney references along with other fandoms.
  • me and seer are both busy with school and stuff and catching up from spring break. She also wants to wait for more people.

• Richard! Greetings! It’s me mystine!

• XD GG Spud. I figured as much since he just made the account recently.