I’M NOT FUCKING AROUND | OPEN, CAPTURE

The Inventory Trading functionality has launched into beta! See the announcement here!
The winner of the Civilization VI giveaway is Hanzo! Our next giveaway is Okami HD! See the announcement for more info!
This week's "Let's Watch!" will be on Thursday, February 22th! We'll be watching Finding Dory!
  • //this is for the gladiator ring but, just so yall know, barb is not participating in the capture contest ! this is only for the ring :^) also apologies for the shitty quality, it’s like 1:30 here h e h + mobile

Domitian

God damn, how many people was she going to have to put in their places? First, it had been those dumb-ass Sunclanners, and now... this guy, whoever he was. She had caught the little shit going through the Ruins’ stack of prey, which she sometimes liked to chill a bit as she walked by, that sat in the shade of their main pyramid, apparently looking for food, or some shit. So, she had come up from behind and knocked him out - a dick move, perhaps, but she hadn’t had much of a choice - before dragging him into the center of camp to show off to her clanmates, hopefully to incite some partcipation from them, too.

“Hey, fuckers,” she called, attempting to nudge the male awake as she demanded her clanmates’ attention. “I found this fatass going through our food. Torture, or keep him for the Gladiator Ring?” Or maybe both, if she didn't go too hard on him and let Hypo patch him up after. Hm- she’d have to think about it.

tags

SHE'S THE SALT OF THE EARTH

AND SHE'S DANGEROUS

barbara fawkes  / queen of the sanguine ruins / cream tabby /  cobblepot

• He was going to die.

His mother had warned him about the clans, and yet he'd thought with his stomach instead of his head, and here he was. The young tiger shrunk down into himself, his ears pressed back against his head, his tail curled protectively around his legs. Oh, gods, he was going to die here.

"I'm sorry," he blurted out, his voice shaky with terror. "I'll leave, I'll never come back here, I promise," he said, eyes darting around. "Please don't hurt me."

Even at the best of times, he wasn't much of a fighter. Right now, with his torn-up leg, blood loss, and the lingering effects of hypothermia, he wasn't even able to hunt for himself- thus his failed attempt at stealing from a clan. He should've just starved. At least the hunger pangs go away after the first few days. It wouldn't have been so bad.

Okay, think. He hadn't gotten by this long by being the strongest guy around; he got by by being smart. Well, usually. He should've scouted out this clan first, seen how busy they were. He'd just been so hungry. "If you hurt me, I won't be useful. I'm already in pretty rough shape; if you..." oh gods, they were going to torture him. "If you torture me, I'll be no good for the gladiator... thing." Whatever that was. He could spin this, though. He had to.

domitianicon_by_fizz_buzz-dc07s0g.pngDomitian | Male tiger | Omega of Sanguine Ruins 1997-842bf467.png

• ”If he’s eating our food, perhaps he’ll taste just as good,” Croc said with amusement. He broke out into a chuckle, scaly tail swaying heavily side to side. He held no sympathy for the creature that dug through their prey pile. If one wanted to eat, they should work for it. Not steal from another group altogether. Ttilting his head, he mulled over Barbara’s inquiry, tilting his newsboy cap over his face. After a few moments, the croc-tailed canid finally answered, ”Y’know, the Gladiator Ring sounds pretty damn fun. Maybe he can get a nice workout.” He drank the male’s pleads with a sadostic glee, although he ignored the guy altogther. He just loved fear.

Image_15.png

run away, as if it’s all a lie—

crocodiletears — sanguine ruins — third tier — played by meese

• A metaphorical brow raises as the duke of Hell trots over, eyes focused on the begging tiger at Barbara's feet. Stealing, huh? Dantalion can forgive stealing if one really needs it, but it seems his clanmates have differing views. He takes a seat beside Croc, snorting softly at the male's remark. "I say we put him in the Gladiator Ring," the demon mutters, voice near mocking. The crime Domitian has committed is nothing serious but the third tier is not at all impressed with the pitiful attitude he's taken up upon being caught — for the love of God, has this man no shame? If anything Dantalion thinks the tiger should be grateful they're all voting to put him in the ring rather than torture him. Both will end up with him getting hurt in some form anyway, but in the ring Domitian has a chance to fight back rather than be forced to take it. Dante thinks it'll be a much more amusing show to watch, anyway. "Maybe you should torture him first, see what he can handle." As far as he knows, Domitian would be the only gladiator they have so far... which he supposes is motivation enough to go and catch someone of his own, however not at this very moment. Besides, Domitian is a rather large guy, larger than Barb or Croc or even himself, so really the only thing that's holding the tiger back is his hunger and gruesome wounds.

tags

• He knew it! He knew Clanners were cannibals, and here was confirmation, straight from the monster's mouth. He watched Corcodiletears warily, honey-gold eyes narrowed in dawning realization. What was it his mother had taught him? Clans were a bizarro world where pride was more important than survival. Maybe he could play along with their insanity, and earn- well, not respect, certainly, but recognition of his personhood.

Another voice interrupted his thoughts, this one belonging to a doberman. Whatever the Gladiator Ring was, it seemed a popular choice. He concealed a wince at the suggestion, once again, of torture. Okay, pride over survival; it went against his instincts to speak up again, but he needed to establish himself. What was the Gladiator Ring anyway? These people seemed to think it more entertaining than torture, and apparently it involved a workout for him. Fights, maybe? He didn't have much experience in that arena, and he was in poor condition, but he would do what he had to to survive.

"I'll take anything I have to, to survive. That's what I am- a survivor. My name is Domitian, and I'll fight in your Gladiator Ring if it means my life," he said, trying to control his voice and make it sound more like his choice, instead of something that was being done to him.

domitianicon_by_fizz_buzz-dc07s0g.pngDomitian | Male tiger | Omega of Sanguine Ruins 1997-842bf467.png

• They were caught going through their food? Well, it would be quite difficult not to notice them, considering they're a tiger. They certainly seemed to be paying the price now for their foolish decision. They could have avoided this whole ordeal by waiting at the border and joining- then they would have been allowed to have some food. But as a stranger and a trespasser? No. "I say we put them in the gladiator ring," The warlord spoke his opinion as he made his way over, his blue optic gaze landing on Domitian, bushy tail swishing behind him. They haven't started up the gladiator ring yet, Domitian can be the first volunteer.

congratulations. you have survived the war
    now live with the trauma.

Buckingham "Bucky" Barnes | Sanguine Ruins Warlord | Maine Coon | Tags | Played by Sky;;
    tumblr_p4jeyaw5Vz1up3hruo1_540.gif

• in utmost truth, the creature forged of ivory and gold felt an empathy within tarnished heart for the being who'd made mistake of rummaging through their supplies. one could tell it from expression daunting dearest features, one which attempted neutrality but utterly failed as a form of tragedy outline parsley lips pulled within tight line of thought. but the physican wasn't a naive as younger days had brought, star dipped gaze numb to war's horrors and the fact of his blood soaked home's ways; and thus, came forward with a nod at the gladiator rink proposal. "I agree, he seems to posses a strong spirit," came honeycomb tone. that could cause for interesting interaction regardless of where it ended for the captured creature- for better or for worse.

• They were talking about him like he was an object, an inanimate thing. If it were only one person treating him this way, he'd bare some fang, try to make them back down. In these numbers? He'd only get beat down for his trouble. Fine, then. He'd keep his head down, wait for his moment. For a moment, he felt a flash of pity for whoever else the Clanners had lined up for the Gladiator Ring, but it subsided as quickly as it came. He would protect himself, keep himself alive. They would surely be just as desperate to live as he was; it would only hurt him to sympathize with these hypothetical strangers.

He lifted his head, though his every instinct screamed for him to make himself small and unintimidating. These people respected strength, didn't they? He wouldn't risk mouthing off, though- he had the feeling there was a fine line between standing his ground, and angering his captors.

• -- Alsanna--

It must have been a little strange at first. To see somebody so young with a smile that could melt even the coldest of hearts given enough time weaving her way around the creatures which inhabited such unforgiving territory. She had never really considered this before, but part of the kit wondered if outsiders pondered if she too was just as mean and cruel as the rest of the others could be? She did not let herself linger on those thoughts for long, as they often led to darker places. Besides, she could find appropriate distractions in ample amounts these days. And here was one now.

A pair of tiny, ice cold eyes appeared behind, and then to the side of Hypo as the child of dark carefully moved up to take a seat. Alsanna felt sorry for the captive as well, though she tried not to let that come across as obvious. Obtaining prisoners was just how her clanmates spent their time, even if she did want to protest a little. Then again, she guessed her cries would fall upon deaf ears. "Alone." She murmured softly to the ivory coated beast beside her. Out of everyone, she presumed he'd understand her singluar word the most.

-- Fear is a reasonable response to life / Tags / Plot  --

• ”Seriously? ‘Sorry’?” Barbara snorted, rolling her eyes. What a fucking idiot. At least she hadn’t captured him looking for a genius- she’d captured him looking for some fun. He was right about his performance being poorer if she tortured him, but a little beating wouldn’t be too bad, would it? Unless he was super weak, which he had already kind of proven when she managed to capture him. Glancing up as Croc arrived, she nodded slowly. She was excited for the gladiator ring, to say the least, and maybe a big guy like him would be a good contribution. Next came Dante, who had a good idea, too, but before she could reply, the striped tom spoke up again.  

He was fiery. She didn’t like it. The fact that he was no longer cowering struck a certain anger in her chest, likely just because of how much of a control freak she was. Her lip curled slightly as she aimed a forceful strike of her paw to the back of her head, likely just to entertain herself, and purred in a sickeningly sweet tone, “Sounds good. I’m looking forward to hanging your pelt on my wall once the others are done with you.” Or maybe he’d actually make it out alive- who knew? Bucky, Hypo, and Alsanna’s approached caught her attention, though only briefly as she turned her blue gaze back onto him.

//mobile

tags

SHE'S THE SALT OF THE EARTH

AND SHE'S DANGEROUS

barbara fawkes  / queen of the sanguine ruins / cream tabby /  cobblepot

• Domitian stood still as a statue as Barbara hit him. It was more humiliating than painful, but then, his pride was used to ill-treatment. He stared straight ahead, a suppressed flinch his only response to the blow. In all honesty, he had no response to threats like that. It seemed the behavior of monsters out of bedtime stories, intended to frighten children into behaving. Here, however, it was almost too casual. In that moment, he had little doubt that the skins of the woman's enemies were already a macabre collection on her walls. How he had managed to join the ranks of her enemies in so little time was astounding, even for him. He was far from the most popular person around, and his disposition wasn't a great asset in making friends and influencing people, but usually he had to talk to a person for a while before they decided they wanted to skin him. Maybe wanting to skin people was the woman's natural state.