MAKE MY DAY | p w/ diego

The winners for the July Spotlight Contest are as follows: Writing goes to Mink! and Art goes to Baelfire!

The next Spotlight Contest can be found HERE!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Juxtapose! Congratulations to them!

The next giveaway is for Ark: Survival Evolved! Check here for more info!
  • 「 you were meant to rule the dark— i was meant to see the sun 」

the enfield hadn't been used to the sanguine ruins yet, but he enjoyed it greatly. however, it was kinda hot, which lead adakias to gently flutter his wings. he wasn't sure as to why strawberry chose someplace like this, adakias was so sure he would've chosen a place where his favorite fruit grew everywhere. did such a place even exist? maybe just some forest.

even with his warm welcoming, he still didn't know anything about the territory. he just wandered about, exploring his favorite spots and places he could explore further. small sounds of approval would escape him as he found a pleasurable spot, truly happy with his find. adakias had always been fond of just moving about, seeing different sights and such. he never liked to feel like a caged bird, even if the bars that held him were golden. it was still a cage.

gently, the myth had let himself rest. his talons gently tracing circles on his front legs, feeling the avian body part. it was always strange, feeling the difference in each pelt that had been incorporated into his body. bird, fox, greyhound, and wolf. it was a strange combination. he was never sure if he had felt soft, or decent, which had slightly worried him. didn't people like to touch things that felt good? adakias loved physical affection, but he wouldn't feel right receiving it if someone was uncomfortable with touching his fur.

so far, the creatures he had seen had been felines and a hellhound. and that was it. but he liked it. he liked everything, except for the fact that he was utterly alone. he really only had strawberry and he couldn't find him. adakias hadn't really found someone to befriend yet, but he did think diego was cool. he couldn't find him either though.

DIEGO. excuse my shitty starter im horrible with them

"text."

TAGS

( NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED )

The post was edited 1 time, last by WARFELONIES B. ().

• Diego hadn't done much after meeting Adakias. Admittedly, the golden savannah hadn't been that interested in sticking around to make a new friend. Joinings were full of awkward greetings and half-assed smiles. The Spaniard preferred more one-on-one interactions with the new faces. It gave him an opportunity to get to know them because forming his opinion on someone, which often was a negative one.

Adakias had been rather cheerful at his joining though. Well, maybe not cheerful but curious. Despite being a lazy character with not many interests in his clanmates, he liked the curiosity Adakias had presented himself with. Diego hadn't been consciously looking for Adakias. Maybe he was. Either way, that wasn't the point. The golden savannah had turned a corner and there he was.

The figure of the male was laying down. For Diego, he looked bored. "Adakii." Diego meowed with a dull expression etched into his muzzle. The nickname that escaped his lips felt natural as the Spaniard took a few lazy steps to the hybrid. Well, there was his new nickname. "What are you doing?"

bf279ab1_o.gif

come be lonely with me

former third tier + golden savannah

tags

adakii? he liked that. adakias was usually just playfully called 'dork' and such names, along with the formal and tiring 'prince' and his name, of course. immediately, the winged creature had flashed a bright smile at diego, hearing the familiar accent rolling off the serval's tongue. "hey diego! what's with the sudden nickname? didn't forget my name already, right?" of course, even if the canine had a smooth and cheerful dialect, he was a bit concerned. he truly didn't want the wild cat's answer to be yes. that would murder his mood in an instant.

when asked about his current doings, the enfield gave a simple shrug, wings still slightly fluttering to add some wind to his thick pelt. it was really hot here, maybe that's why most of the surrounding souls had much thinner pelts, used to the heat. "i was just dying, y'know, of heatstroke." came the friendly response as expected, the words easily falling off of adakias' honey coated tongue. "but what are you doing?" diego was right about his assessment on the newcomer. he was rather curious of the world and the people that had inhabited it. he was a bit surprised that diego had found him and not the other way around with his constant exploration of the new territory, but it would be easy to slip from his sight. diego could just be really elusive and coming out only when he wanted to.

"text."

TAGS

• The bright, white smile was the first thing to greet Diego and immediately, the golden savannah came to a screeching halt. That was the smile of an optimistic. It reminded him so much of Jonah, the cute little golden retriever puppy who had first welcomed him into the Sanguine Ruins. The Spaniard hated that cheerful personality of his. Although, he had to admit it grew on him a while later. Only a little bit though.

Diego pulled a big smile to Adakias in return. His amber eyes seemed to smile themselves. A heartbeat passed and like a switch, his smile fell into his neutral, stony frown. "No." Diego answered flatly and he took a few more strides forward. "Adakii just sounded more fun. You're welcome, mi amigo."

The savannah stopped short as he came to a halt beside Adakias' face. He lowered his head, gazing upon the enfield with instance amber eyes. "I don't know what a heatstroke is but I hope you had fun with that." He meowed. If how serious he was being was questioned, it was clear in his eyes that the Spanish savannah really had no clue. He was a traveler. An adventurer. Not a healer. He left medical terms and whatever else they did to the medics. "Come with me." The second tier left no room for Adakias to question him.

With a twitch of his tail, Diego signaled they were off and he turned and led the way to the edge of the camp and then out.

bf279ab1_o.gif

come be lonely with me

former third tier + golden savannah

tags

woah! he’s never seen diego smile, the wild cat usually held a tight frown or a neutral façade. it felt good to make him smile, just to know he was capable of the act. his brother didn’t smile often either, so he always made sure to get him to smile a couple of times a day. he just thought it was better than frowning. "adakii… i like it." came the honey dripped words of the mythical creature, humming out his new nickname.

in short, his heart had gave a small beat at the name, an instant flood of joy washing over it. "thank you." the enfield murmured, dropping his voice a bit as the savannah neared. wide eyes glinting back at hard amber ones, the smile on adakias’ face never leaving, but faltering a bit. he wasn’t so used to others being in his face. he was used to having to deal with others from a distance. strawberry didn’t like others being too close to him, so he would make his brother comfortable and keep his distance as well.

however, a traveler that hasn’t heard of heatstroke came as a surprise. "heatstroke is when you get too hot, where your body can’t handle it, and end up fainting." the explanation had copied the words of his instructor, however his tone differed from the stern creature greatly. it was much more gentle. adakii has known a couple of travelers who had succumbed to heatstroke and had to watch as medics treated them.

at the command of the higher rank, a bit of nervousness had flashed through him. the last time someone told him to follow, he ended up getting captured. he didn’t even ask why, or where they were going. the tiger had simply commanded him before stealing him away. but diego was a ruiner, so he could trust his commands more, right? right.

easily, the cream hybrid had pushed to his feet and briskly followed the masculine, talons digging into the soft ground below him. his eyes would wander to diego’s tail, the appendage was shorter than what he expected. didn’t cats have long tails? "where are we going?" the curious voice, reminiscent of an adventurous child, came. he was to follow diego who had led him away from camp. of course, he still didn’t know the territory too well, but at least he was learning.

"text."

TAGS