getting panic attacks? (tw: talking about dying)

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
The winners for the December Spotlight contest are as follows: ART goes to Ghostheart and WRITING goes to Sirene!
Come check out the January Spotlight Contest!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Also check out January's CDC!
Make sure to check out our 2017 Sitewide Choice Award Winners!
Come join The Kinship Circle, a new group that will be added with the rebuild! The Kinship Circle welcomes all and treats everyone like family!
  • tw: talking about death/dying

----------

Recently i've been getting super stressed out about dying in the future - even though i thought about it sometimes as a kid, or a few years ago, i just brushed it off and tried to distract myself with something else

it's been getting a lot worse though - it's hard to distract myself from thinking about death and not knowing what happens after - just the thought of not existing here and not being able to experience anything freaks me out

as well as the fact that people can say nonchalantly that someone died but they were a person too, and had their own life and childhood and memories and they're just gone now,

it's gotten bad to the point where i start thinking about it at random times and start spacing out, and ive started shaking and breathing heavily because i've gotten so distressed over the thought of death and dying

it's hard for me to enjoy certain tv shows or movies now, like crime/thriller shows, because i just keep thinking about dying

how should i deal with something like this??

thank you in advance

[center][font=arial] - I'M SWIMMING TO THE SURFACE, I'M COMING UP FOR AIR - [/center]
  • Hey, I may not be an expert, but I recommend listening to music that eases your stress, and writing down those feelings in a journal, then shutting the book to "lock" them in place. :)

IkfyEkO.gif

IT'S DAAAAARE

NEVER DID NO HARM

• i'm so glad you made this post! i found myself looking up coping methods because i have really bad paranoia of that type of stuff. i know i want to be a tree when i go, but it's the actual 'i have limited time here- i won't be here forever' type of mentality that gives me chills and makes me really wish i were immortal.