LET ME GO ; private, daisypaw

The winners of the latest giveaway are: Shadowstartheleader(first winner) and Bobbar 7857(second winner)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Fallout 4! Check here for more info!
  • Tatteredpaw had a short list of things he was good at. Cleaning nests, getting rid of ticks, being a great friend, and border patrols. He knew that his tail would continue to make hunting difficult. The tom had little control over the movement of the mangled limb, causing severe balance issues. It was hard to catch a mouse when he was stumbling in his crouch. Most of the time it heard him before he got close. The one time he had got close, the mouse got away because his pounce ended up two tail-lengths to the left of his prey. He was certain Acornfall was disappointed in him, wondering why he got such a lost cause as an apprentice. But Tatteredpaw would still try; it was why he was patrolling the DarkClan border. Rumors had spread that they needed help, and he wondered if that was true. Maybe, just maybe, if he could help them, then he would prove he wasn't so useless after all. There was nothing he wanted more than to be a good warrior.

Nearing the border on gentle gold paws, the tabby peered through the thick mist of DarkClan. He had to squint, for his eyes weren't used to the fog. Through the murkiness, however, he could swear he saw a dark figure...

DAISYPAW!

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL JUST THE WAY YOU ARE

—— played by amy | tags | you don't have to change ・゚✦

• gotta get out of here. gotta get help.

her clanmates were risking everything to resist bloodclan. the kits were trying to cheer everyone up with silly games, and heck, robinpaw was almost killed standing up for what she believed in. daisypaw didn't even help fight when bloodclan first attacked. but how could she? her reflexes were so sluggish, her mind was too clouded with fear to think straight. she'd have gotten killed for sure.

the cream apprentice just felt so useless. she'd just sat there while her clanmate was being ripped to shreds, didn't even say a word. her only resistance came in the form of passive aggressive remarks and doing what she was told but in a sub-par way. coward.

it was the news that a few apprentices had managed to sneak off to the gathering that finally prompted daisypaw to play an active role in the reclaiming of darkclan. escape, avoidance, disappearing when those around her needed her most, those were practically the only things she was good for. she was nearing the border now, heart beating a mile a minute as she frantically scanned the area for bloodclanners.

who's there? through the mist, she could make out the faint silhouette of a cat, and her body froze. how was she going to explain being all the way out here on her own to elijah? she was terribly slow; if she ran for it she'd get caught for sure. some ungodly force in the back of her mind willed her to speak. "hello?"

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

skyclan + apprentice + 13 moons +  + played by sadie

• ooc: so sorry this is late!

It was no secret whatever lay beyond DarkClan's borders was treacherous and terrifying. But Tatteredpaw could only imagine exactly what kind of horrors their neighbors were experiencing at this very moment. He did not know of BloodClan at all apart from what his mother Cloudspots had told him. They were ruthless killers, against everything the warrior code stood for. Apparently they had no belief in StarClan, meaning they would cease to exist once dead and had no nine lives for their leader. In Tatteredpaw's eyes, this made them weaker than the clans. So why was everyone so afraid of them?

Despite his confusion, his heart still beat quickly in his chest as a movement came closer, eventually breaking through the undergrowth. Luckily, the owner of the voice that broke through belonged to a cream tabby. She was clearly an apprentice, like him, who posed no threat. Releasing a notable breath of relief, he squeaked out, "Hello." It was an awkward start, but it was a start. Coming forward to sit before Daisypaw, he began with introducing himself. "Um, hi. I'm Tatteredpaw." Had he said 'hi' twice? StarClan, he was making a fool of himself! Cheeks burning, the honey tabby made sure his tail was hidden from her view, not wanting her to think him crippled.

• the strange cat came closer. was he bloodclan? no, use your head daisypaw. he didn’t smell of twolegs, garbage and blood, so that couldn’t be it. a seemingly friendly introduction. she could manage this. “daisypaw,” she replied brusquely. not the most eloquent response, but at least she’d said something. fear had been clouding her head, and she’d been working too hard trying to dispell it to be as creative as she usually was. the apprentice felt a burning sensation in her ears, she was being rude. she quickly thought of something else to say so she didn’t come off as so blunt. “tatteredpaw? that’s not a very nice name,” was what she came up with.

//it’s fine!

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

• He gulped, not sure if she meant the comment to be rude or if she just didn't know what else to say. Wanting to think better of her, for Daisypaw seemed fairly nice, he decided on the latter. Offering an awkward smile, he shifted to reveal his broken tail, which had been mangled since birth. Luckily due to the circumstances, it didn't bother him at all, but it did make him awfully self conscious. "It's because of th-this," he revealed quietly, not sure how else to put it. Tatteredpaw's mother loved him dearly, actually, so he hadn't been named out of meanness. Instead, it had just fit him. Hoping to alter the subject, the tabby cleared his throat. "You're DarkClan, right? I'm from SkyClan." 'Mouse-brain, she probably already knew that,' he chastised himself after speaking.

• daisypaw took a look at tatteredpaw's tail, and couldn't deny that thing was messed up. she could see now that the name quite fit the foreign apprentice, although she still thought it was a bit cruel. to be named after one's weakness must suck; it would become an inescapable part of you, permanently ingrained in your identity. if daisypaw had been named sadpaw or lazypaw or weakpaw she'd definitely have some self-esteem issues. the slight stutter in the tom's voice made her wonder if he was working through something like that. she hadn't meant to be mean, and she glanced at the ground in embarrassment.

"yeah, i'm from darkclan," she affirmed, blue gaze dimming as she remembered the state her clan was in. but what was a skyclan cat doing here? she hoped it wasn't to take advantage of their situation and steal prey while they were weakened. but tatteredpaw didn't seem like the type of cat to do such a thing. still, she had to ask. "what are you doing all the way out here?"

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

• The way she glanced to the ground after he had stuttered confirmed his earlier theory: She hadn't meant to be mean. Despite how it appeared, Tatteredpaw was not a shy cat. He was sociable and kind, which made it easier for him to smile warmly as she affirmed her allegiance. While he was still in his own territory, he supposed it did appear he was lurking by a weak clan. Knowing he ought to clear things up, the tom explained, "Truthfully? I was hoping to run into a DarkClan cat." A bashful expression colored his cheeks, ginger paws shuffling beneath him. "We heard rumors of what was going on in DarkClan, but no one knows for sure, so I was worried. My momma Cloudspots says DarkClan is friends with SkyClan." Friends helped one another, right? That was the way Tatteredpaw liked to think it worked. Perhaps if things went well he could bring back knowledge to Poppystar and see if SkyClan could help them out.

• she looked up again, tatteredpaw's words piquing her interest. after all this time with no help, daisypaw had assumed nobody gave a rat tail about them. she'd figure all the talk about alliances was simply for show, a way to keep all-out war from breaking out. maybe darkclan's interclan relationships weren't as flimsy as she thought. "it's horrible," she blurted out immediately. the first words that came to mind when she thought about what was happening back in camp. "bloodclan took over, they killed lilystar, and now they're treating us all as slaves. i can't believe i even made it here without getting caught." she refrained from swearing, as she didn't really know this cat and how he would take it. but oh, how she wanted to curse elijah's name into the dirt.

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

• That was where Daisypaw was wrong. They did want to help, they just didn't know how. So her explosion of words, drawing a violent picture of the events within their camp had Tatteredpaw gaping. BloodClan had murdered Lilystar? Enslaved DarkClan? StarClan, it was worse than he thought! Eyes widening, irises glossing over with sympathy, he subconsciously moved forward to press his pelt into hers. It was a motion aimed to comfort, though one could only guess how she would accept the action. "I'm so sorry," he murmured, head low, "We... didn't know." Perhaps it didn't have to be this dreadful. Was there anything he could do to help? He prayed there was.

• she stood stiff as a board as the other apprentice attempted to--what? comfort her? she hadn't realized she'd conveyed so much emotion that he thought she needed that consolation. to any other cat, the gesture may have felt reassuring, but for daisypaw, it was incredibly uncomfortable. she'd never been any good at physical affection; her mother wasn't very nurturing, and so the apprentice had learned to simply do without such triviality. this touchiness--and from a stranger, no less--set her on edge, and she forced her fur to stay flat. "well," she mewed awkwardly, taking a small step back. keep talking keep talking keep talking you dumb bitch. "it's okay, if you didn't know, i doubt anyone did."

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

• Whether Daisypaw had displayed ample emotion or not, Tatteredpaw's reaction would have been the same. He was a naturally nurturing cat, always looking for the best in others and attempting to give some offerings of light in the darkest places. DarkClan's situation undoubtedly left the apprentice before him in a vulnerable place, which made him only more eager to help her. But her retreat followed by dismissal revealed to him how unwelcome the movements were and he flattened his ears, embarrassed. Of course she wouldn't want affection from a cat of a different clan, the tabby realized. Clearing his throat, he wondered if the best approach was to change the subject to something else, helping her skip all this awkwardness. "Er, how are you? You're not hurt, are you?"

• boy was she glad the subject had changed, or things could have gotten very awkward. the pale apprentice offered a reassuring smile and shook her head. "not me," she mewed. "although, a lot of other cats have been hurt for trying to stand up to bloodclan." she shifted her gaze to the side as she remembered cats like robinpaw, who had been beaten nearly to death for refusing to obey elijah's orders. part of her felt bad for not doing anything to assist in overthrowing the tyrants, but another part of her refused to get herself tangled up in something so futile. "i just kind of avoid going to camp as much as possible. bloodclan doesn't know the territory very well, so i figured coming out here would give me some peace for a while."

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me

• He bit his lip at her words, figuring she had seen enough cats punished for standing up that she had begun to lose all hope. Nodding as she revealed her reasons for trekking out here, the young feline smiled at her. "Do you want to come to Fourtrees with me? I walk there sometimes when I want to think; it always feels like StarClan is present there." While Fourtrees was no Moonstone, Tatteredpaw felt like for now it had the same effect. Though his words were somewhat unexpected, he had an inkling she would find peace there, perhaps even some light for what was to come.

• she blinked, processing the unexpected words for a moment before replying, "sure, why not." come to think of it, she'd never been to fourtrees aside from gatherings. she wondered what it would look and feel like when no other cats were around. a curious sparkle had reappeared in her dull blue eyes, and she got to her paws to follow the stranger.

WHERE IS THE REAL ME?

i'm lost and it kills me