you push my buttons | p, ravenpaw

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Come check out our December Spotlight Contest!
The winners for the November Spotlight Contest have been decided! The art goes to Sadie and the writing goes to Vanilla. Congratulations!
Traditional Darkclan is an active medium to fast paced loyal clan with tons of interesting characters and a friendly out of character community - come see for yourself!
Is your character lusting for power, or seeking revenge against an old enemy? The District is a medium-paced group working to become the strongest clan in the land while strengthening bonds and supporting allies. Come see for yourself as they fight not to lose themselves to evil and cruelty!

• —— tags Hollypaw’s concussion was perhaps the worst thing she had ever faced. No, she took that back. Her mother and sisters disappearing or dying were the worst things she had faced. She blamed herself for her mother’s death, since Brindleflower had been trying to save her, Moonpaw, and Wasppaw in the fire. She could’ve saved herself and her sisters, but she’d inhaled too much smoke and had to be dragged out by her mother, who later succumbed to her wounds. Rosestar was gone, So was Callalilydreams. Tulipstar had abandoned Hollypaw and her other half-sisters because she’d fucked up and nearly the whole Clan hated her for her decisions as leader. Moonpaw was going deaf and Wasppaw was too lazy to wake up most days. So really, that left Hollypaw and her extended family, none of which she was close with, and all of which she was either annoyed by or who hated her. She didn’t care about the opinions of her Clanmates, or so she told herself, but really, Hollypaw just wanted a friend. She acted the way she did so that she might be noticed - even if the attention was negative - because otherwise, she would live in the shadows of her older half-sisters. Besides, why let anyone close to her if all they were going to do was leave - whether by choice or accident. Her older sisters were gone. Her mother had died because of her. If she allowed herself to get close to anyone else, they’d probably die or disappear too. It was better this way. Lonely, but better, to spend her life detached. She got the attention she sought after, but it made everyone hate her, and that kept her from forming any sort of bond with her Clanmates.

Hollypaw stared out at DarkClan’s cavernous camp, her leaf-green eyes seeming huge due to how dilated her pupils were. Dusksparks had prescribed lots of rest and herbs for pain to heal her. Hollypaw couldn’t do much else but sit and think and her thinking produced these thoughts that made her more bitter. And when Dusksparks put her in a poppy seed-induced sleep to keep her mind from thinking so hard, she dreamed of the family that had left her. Mostly, she saw the burned body of her mother, heaving her last breath, which was a sigh of relief that all six of her daughters were safe, before she went to hunt with StarClan.

Why did all of you leave me? the apprentice thought bitterly. Look what you’ve turned me into!

Hollypaw rolled over on her back and stared up at the ceiling of the medicine den. She had never been as bored as she was now. She wanted to be out with her Clanmates, patrolling and hunting, training with Panthercrawl. Yet Dusksparks had forbidden her. She felt like a five-moon-old kit again, too old to play with the younger kittens but too young for her apprentice ceremony.

you can count on me to misbehave.

tags| darkclan apprentice | female | 10 moons | played by: curlicue

• *:・゚✦ Ravenpaw

——| tags *:・゚✦

"Such a forlorn look," The smokey had made his appearance into the medicine cat den. Sure, the molly did make a clear statement that she didn't want to be bothered, especially by the tom who's only purpose is to be a bother. Ravenpaw dropped a water vole that he had carried in down by the nest Hollypaw laid in. "That's for you as long as you don't ask where I got it from. He had obviously not had gotten it from Darkclan's territory though breaking the rules seemed to run in the family, even his own niece couldn't help it and she was the purest of them. "Hopefully eating this will give you more strength with your words and not your claws." Admittedly he did miss the backlash he'd get from the grumpy she-cat, now all he had was his family which he wasn't as snarky to and maybe Hollypaw's sister but he didn't know her well enough, not to mention they were sharing a mentor and he didn't need another she-cat to beat him up in training. Ravenpaw stood, unsure if he should trust sitting near the molly. "So how've your adventures in confinement been?" The smokey tom grinned with amusement in his green eyes

𝔰𝔴𝔞𝔪𝔭𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔢 || 𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔦𝔬𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔬𝔯 || 𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔠𝔩𝔞𝔫

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

Feel free to leave something on my WallofText

giphy.gif

Temping: Scorchedface, Ravenpaw, Sootclaw

• —— tags Hollypaw flipped herself back over when she heard approaching pawsteps and was surprised to see that her visitor was Ravenpaw, present with a snarky comment as always, carrying a water vole in his mouth. For her? Was he trying to make up for his actions earlier? Or worse, trying to get Hollypaw to apologize for lashing out at him? If that was his goal, she refused to give way. Somehow, genuine kindness towards her seemed a little suspicious. Maybe that’s why he told her not to ask where he had gotten the prey. ”Why, did you poison it?” she asked, quirking her mouth into a disproving frown. She split the prey open, looking for deathberries, nightshade, or holly berries. How ironic it would be if her own namesake killed her.

Having not found anything suspicious, Hollypaw took a few slow bites, careful not to wolf anything down. Her stomach growled in hunger and already, the petite she-cat had lost some weight that she couldn’t afford to lose with her slender build and young age. DarkClan was suffering greatly this leafbare. Warriors and apprentices often went hungry. That thought made Hollypaw pause and stare at Ravenpaw for a moment before she grudgingly pushed the vole towards him. ”Eat,” she all but demanded, and then made her voice a little less commanding. Not kinder, but softer. ”We should share. Who knows when we’ll get our next meal.”

While she waited to see if he would take her up on her offer, Hollypaw licked her lips to clean them, being careful to avoid the wad of cobweb obscuring part of her pretty face from that deep gash on her muzzle. Her eyes narrowed at Ravenpaw’s amuses comment. ”Awful. I can’t do anything.”

The tom couldn't suppress the eye roll that came when she had asked if he had poisoned it, he wouldn't waste food like that especially with times like these. Plus, he wasn't that bad.. Was he? Ravenpaw pondered that for second then shook his head, the maximum he would do was probably put something like poppy seeds in there and watch her go out cold. The smokey tom watched Hollypaw, then saw as she pushed the water vole towards him, he gave a confused look to his kill then to the molly until she spoke. He maaay have declined but heck he was hungry too, "Aww, it almost seems like you care about me." He mockingly gushed before taking bits of prey, he then nudged it back to Hollypaw while he chewed. Once he swallowed he chuckled, "Pfft whaat? How about getting spaced off on herbs, that's something." His green eyes then wandered the den and a small mischievous grin started tugging at his lips. "Though it's not like you could do much before anyways, so it makes no difference."

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags Ravenpaw’s smugness made Hollypaw want to vomit. She frowned and narrowed her eyes as he asked if she cared about him, to which she scoffed, ”I care about following the warrior code and ensuring everyone eats so they don’t starve, yes. I care that DarkClan remains strong, yes. Do I care about you individually? StarClan, no!” Hollypaw knew her duties were to make sure that her Clanmates had eaten, and the least she could do was share the vole with Ravenpaw. But she did not care about him - not one single bit. That’s what she keeps telling herself. Deep down, Hollypaw did sort of enjoy his teasing. Except for in Dusksparks’ den after the battle. She really hadn’t liked that.

The she-cat nibbled sone more at the vole before passing it back to her fellow apprentice. ”I’m not spacing out on herbs for no reason. A few painkillers here and there work just fine. Dusksparks needs those herbs for leafbare,” she warned. ”Plus, who knows what sort of awful prank you’d play if I was spaced out. You’d probably get Pigeonpaw to help.”

Rolling her eyes at the thought of the two most annoying apprentices playing a prank on her, Hollypaw flattened her ears when Ravenpaw said she couldn’t do anything. ”Excuse you? I can do plenty. Hunt, train with Panthercrawl... I’m going to be a warrior in two moons. I need to polish up, especially if I’m going to pass the trials,” she huffed.

"Pfft.." The tom blew air in response to her dutiful response. His eyes returned to Hollypaw, now there she was, that was much more of a Hollypaw response and he laughed. "Right, right." He nodded his head in a careless manner. He knew this though, he would become a warrior in about the same time. His ears perked up as he had thought of something, "So you say. But certain things may hold you back from becoming a warrior in two moons and I don't just mean your injury." He flicked his tail nonchalantly. He was still 10 moons and he thought of how great it would be to rub it in the molly's face when he received his name before her.

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags Hollypaw frowned at the smugness in Ravenpaw’s voice. His brief kindness with the water vole had been appreciated, but it appeared that it only stretched so far before he returned to his old self once more. “And what do you mean?” she asked when he pointed out that other things besides her bump on the head may prevent her warrior ceremony in just two short moons. Her eyes narrowed as she expectantly awaited his answer.

"Weeell, you had attacked a pregnant feline, regardless of who they were." Ravenpaw pointed out while swishing his tail. "That would set you back about 5 weeks?" He cocked his head to the side in question then nodded to himself. "Not to mention how long this'll take and, well I think assault on a clanmate knocks you back quite a bit more. Maybe all of it totaling to about a moon set back."

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags A low growl escaped Hollypaw’s lips, which she bared to show her teeth. She shouldn’t have asked. Kneading the ground with her claws, the she-cat narrowed her eyes at Ravenpaw.

“First of all, I had no idea that rogue was pregnant in the moment that I attacked. Lilystar had said to chase rogues off and that’s what I was trying to do. I only found out after Silvermist pulled me away. And besides, I still would have attacked her. She stole prey from us that we could’ve fed to our kits. I wouldn’t have killed her, contrary to what some believe or harmed her in a way that would put her kits’ lives in danger. I’m not a killer, yet everyone seems to conclude that my goal was to maim her or kill her kits without even listening to me,” Hollypaw snapped. Darcy’s kits were running around DarkClan camp now, under the care of DarkClan queens because the rogue had abandoned them shortly after their birth. The apprentice still blamed her for the rogue attack that had caused this concussion of hers.

Huffing, she continued. ”I didn’t assault you, either, and if I had, you’d be in my place right now. I barely even nicked your ears. You brought it onto yourself. I was clearly in pain and you kept antagonizing me. I can’t help that you got your little feelings hurt over something you instigated,” she said, her voice eerily calm as she spoke.

”Lilystar has mentioned no punishment of sorts. I think she would tell me if my training was delayed,” the she-cat finished and took another bite of the vole.

The smokey's tom ear twitched, "She'll get around to it.' He assured the molly while averting his eyes from her. He paused for a moment before flattening his ears. "How come you keep cats out?" He inquired, returning his green gaze back to Hollypaw. "You purposely try to shove them away.. Why?" Ravenpaw finally chose to sit down as he waited.

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags The tortoiseshell rolled her eyes at her fellow apprentice’s remark. Lilystar had been upset at her, yes, but even in acting odd about Darcy’s appearance, she had acted weirder still about Hollypaw and Panthercrawl’s handle on the matter. She hadn’t punished them, she had just given them a public reprimanding. Hollypaw still found that strange the more she mulled it over.

At Ravenpaw’s next question, the she-cat’s lips turned downcast and she flattened her ears at his question. ”I do no such thing. I just see no sense in trying to become friends with those who are completely mousebrained,” she retorted, narrowing her eyes. She hoped her answer was enough to satisfy him because she wasn’t about to admit to Ravenpaw above all others just how insecure she felt. He didn’t need to hear her sob story and she didn’t want to give him anything that he could use as leverage.

The smokey tom rolled his eyes knowing well enough that wasn't the truth or the full of it anyways. "But then what about me~?" He questioned, making it clear that he was excluding himself from being one of the completely mousebrained. "Come on," Ravenpaw pressed. He rolled onto his back on the floor of the den, his green eyes focused upwards. "There's always a reason for acting like a jerk."

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags Hollypaw curled her feathery tail around her paws to keep them warm and let out a long, exasperated sigh. ”You’re definitely a mousebrain,” she told him, rolling her eyes. How dare he think any differently.

The young she-cat watched as Ravenpaw turned over on his back, exposing his belly like a begging dog. ”Maybe I’m just a jerk,” Hollypaw replied with a simple shrug of her shoulders. He was pressing and it was making her uncomfortable. One could tell by the way her paws shuffled against the rock floor of the medicine den.

Ravenpaw rolled over onto his stomach and looked at Hollypaw, he saw the telltale that what she said wasn't the truth. "Alright, alright" He gave the false sense that he was done prying the molly for information. His green eyes shifted away from her, "Scaredy mouse." He mumbled just loud enough for her to hear him.

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif

• —— tags Hollypaw frowned at Ravenpaw’s words, her eyes gardening into a hard stare. How dare he call her a scaredy mouse! She wasn’t scared, especially not of him. “I’m not scared,” she scoffed, her claws kneading her nest. ”I just don’t have to explain myself to you.”

"Becauuuse.. You're scared." The smokey tom persisted with it. Hoping that in an act of annoyance she'd spill it just to prove to him that she wasn't sacred. He took note of Hollypaw's harden stare upon him, he had to be close.. Right? Somethings didn't quite turn out he planned them to go but he hoped this did. In honesty he was kind of curious.. And wanted to get the molly to do something she didn't seem to want to do.

2ic5izl.png

33jldl1.png

giphy.gif