Down and Out [o, Darkclan meddie visit]

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Come check out our December Spotlight Contest!
The winners for the November Spotlight Contest have been decided! The art goes to Sadie and the writing goes to Vanilla. Congratulations!
Traditional Darkclan is an active medium to fast paced loyal clan with tons of interesting characters and a friendly out of character community - come see for yourself!
Is your character lusting for power, or seeking revenge against an old enemy? The District is a medium-paced group working to become the strongest clan in the land while strengthening bonds and supporting allies. Come see for yourself as they fight not to lose themselves to evil and cruelty!
  • *:・゚✦ Dusksparks

——| tags *:・゚✦

// - Addercloud ;)

Dusksparks knew that he had no business walking around that much with his still-healing broken leg, and even less business traversing all the way across the whole forest to Skyclan on said still healing leg. He was a medicine cat and should know better, but he guessed the benefit of that was there was no one to scold him for this, and there was no one to stop him. And it wasn't like he took a stroll just because - he was here on a purpose. There was a queen just about ready to kit, and he had never even learned how to handle that. Darkclan wasn't on the best term with Shadowclan and Windclan, and Thunderclan and Riverclan didn't really even have a medicine cat around, leaving Skyclan as the best choice. He didn't think he ever interacted with this Addercloud, but maybe this could be the start of a wonderful friendship. It would be nice to really build up connections with the other medicine cats in the forest, after all. He brought some Lungwort as a gift, as he knew that it didn't grow anywhere outside of the damp, very shaded forests of Darkclan.

And so he sat there on the border, gift in his mouth, waiting for someone to find him and bring him to the other medic.

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

DarkClan / ☆ / 16 months / ☆ / med cat / ☆ / brown tabby

played by xredxpepperx

• Minnownose paused when she picks up the scent of DarkClan, and then of herbs. The deputy changes the direction of her wandering until she sees Dusksparks on the border. The medicine cat, makes sense.

"Hello!" the lilac tabby greets happily as she comes closer to the DarkClanner. "Can I help you with something? I hope all is well in DarkClan."

//short post but didn't wanna leave this hanging haha

• Herbs? The boy took in the scent. Familiar. Addercloud? Where was his father? The scent on his pelt was awfully similar to the... gifts gifts gifts... in this cat's jaws. Dangling flowers, blooming, spiraling, green and dry, rustling gently, almost falling from the stranger's mouth like little misshapen teeth if it weren't for the clamped mouth keeping them in place. Were those for Addercloud? Could he take them... to Addercloud? He slid from the rows of oaks, symmetrical, hushed and cloaked in leaf-bare shade, cream pelt like dappled sunlight on a freezing day, crept to his adoptive mother's side. Minnownose, in contrast, smelled much like authority and meat. Many cats smelled like meat, though not as often nowadays. Did this stranger smell like meat? The herbsmell swirled about his nose.

Dusksparks nodded in greeting to the Skyclan deputy. Before an apprentice came up against Minnownose's side, and Dusksparks nodded to him as well. He didn't know the apprentice, but that was to be expected, as he had never really came in contact with Skyclan before. "Hello there, Darkclan's faring just as much as usual. I actually just came to talk to Addercloud for a bit." Dusksparks explained through the leaves in his mouth.

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

played by xredxpepperx

• Addercloud;;

Medicine cat of Skyclan

Speaking && thoughts && Attacking --- TAGS

//IM SO SORRY THIS IS SO LATE HNNN

It wasn't often that...okay, no, it was literally never that Addercloud got any visitors from fellow medicine cats. Addercloud knew he was sorely lacking in connections with his fellow healers accross the borders. So busy was Addercloud with his own clan, he didn't often spend time really interacting with those outside it. How many half-moon meetings had he missed? He had no idea. Point being, Adder was a bit of a loner in medicine cat society, so he was surprised someone would come to visit him.

Surprised, but not disappointed.

"Dusksparks!" The cream-colored mainecoon grinned, coming up beside his deputy and apprentice to face the darkclanner with a warm smile and glittering, kindly eyes, "it has been too long," he added, understatement of the year, sure, but not insincere. "Is everything alright in Darkclan?" he asked, his welcoming eyes soon darkening with concern. Cross-clan or not, Adder worried for those even outside his home as if they were his own distant brothers. That wasn't about to stop now, especially when his eyes fell upon Duskspark's leg.

"You traveled all the way here with an injury like that?" he gasped, his gentle eyes widening with further fretfulness. "Would you like to come to Skyclan's camp? Rest a bit? Maybe eat?" his offering wasn't exactly and offer, as already the Skyclan healer was sweeping his thick tail around the Darkclanner, quick to usher him towards their camp. Like hell Addy was going to let him stand there - let alone walk back home - without at least a moment's rest and a full belly!

(c)trexgirl

wasp_by_gracedwithoutaface-dbbh6t6.png
    "Eyes getting wet, don't be upset
    but my heart really wants to cry...
    "
    Depressed + Gentle Skyclan Med.cat ? roleplayed by Dr4m4-Qu33n

//it's okay drama! brook at least has some kits that still need to be born adder can help with

Dusksparks smiled as the medicine cat in question appeared, fretting over his leg and practically dragging him into the heart of Skyclan. Dusksparks brefly wondered if Skyclan wasn't being affected by the hard Leafbare like Darkclan if they had enough to offer some to visitors. Still...."Addercloud! I was just telling Minnownose that Darkclan is doing pretty fair. How's Leafbare treating you guys?" He asked, trying to keep up with the other's pace with his limp. He was slightly amused over Addercloud's fretting, the other medicine cat acting like they were old friends when this was the first time they really met. Man, he should've tried to get to know the larger cat long before now, he could tell they could be great friends!

"Oh, and before I forget, here's some lungwort as a gift." While he hadn't heard of any outbreak of yellow cough recently and hopefully the other won't have to ever use it, it was the thought that counted right?

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

played by xredxpepperx

• Addercloud;;

Medicine cat of Skyclan

//oh sweett

"Thats great to hear," addercloud purred, relieved to hear there was nothing wrong with Darkclan. Part of that relief, sadly, went to the fact that if there really was trouble in their far-neighbor's land, there was very little Skyclan could do to help. Skyclan was still recovering from the numerous blows dealt to them by Bloodclan, and so they didn't have many paws to lend.

But said relief was short lived, as Addercloud ran a subtle eye over the form of the darkclan healer. His keen green eyes picked up easily on the ribs poking ever so faintly from his side, and the gaunt formations on his cheeks. Adder fought the urge to frown in concern, wondering if Dusksparks was being honest about Darkclan's state. Still, he didn't ask or press, and focused instead on the brown tabby's next words.

"Lungwort!" Addercloud's smile returned with a beam to his face at the herb Duskspark's brandished. A true rarity, especially in Skyclan's forest-y land. Addercloud sifted briefly through his memory in order to find the details on Lungwort. Skyclan hadn't suffered from yellowcough in quite a while, but there was always a "this year".

Greatfully taking the medicine, Addercloud led the way into Skyclan's camp. Trotting to the old twoleg shed that made up the medicine den, the young male placed the herb in it's rightful spot, before taking out a clump of sweet-smelling greens. Returning to Dusk's side, "Going back on your previous question - Skyclan is fairing rather well. The forest has held up longer than expected, so I had plenty of time to gather and store many herbs. Better yet, many of the twoleg nests have been growing catmint, so I have plenty to share, please, take some," he said with an amicable wave of his tail, nodding to the leaves he placed at Dusk's paws.

(c)trexgirl

"

Dusksparks smiled as his gift was accepted and the other medicine cat gave him some catmint in return. The garden by the abandoned twoleg nest had some catmint, but the supply was all but destroyed for a time by the drought followed by the flooding, as well as the a lot of the garden as a whole. When Newleaf came he really had to see what he would have to work with. "Thank you Addercloud, I and Darkclan as a whole are very grateful!" He said happily as he sat down and took some of the precious green leaves and looked around the Skyclan medicine den, which seemed to be another abandoned twoleg building.

But he guessed that he should tell the other the point to his visit. "Um, there is actually a reason to my visit. I mean, I've always kinda wanted to really interact with you, the only other medicine cat I really talked to was Bumblefoot and I haven't seen or heard about him in a while, but I came with a request of sorts. There's a queen in our camp that's going to kit soon, and I was wondering if you weren't busy, you could be there to help? I had no actual mentor I'm not sure if you knew, and kitting was certainly not something I learned how to do." He said, awkwardly laughing.

Truthfully, all he could see was Silvermist's dead kit, Darcy's kits all having problems. His own kitting had problems, but there was Bumblefoot there to help, and while Mercypaw was born dead he was able to save her. Dusksparks must have made some mistakes, that was the only thing he could think of it explain it. Hopefully, if Addercloud was there all the kits could be saved and he could tell Dusksparks how to save the newborns. This had to work, it had to only be Dusksparks' lack of experience. Then, that meant he could save all future kits if he only learns what he did wrong.

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

played by xredxpepperx

• Addercloud;;

Medicine cat of Skyclan

It wasn't everyday that someone said they wanted to meet him. He felt his heart skip a beat for a moment, for a second awed. But quickly he pushed his childish excitement and joy aside to focus on Duskspark's next words. He needed help with a kitting queen?

Addercloud glanced briefly over his shoulder at his own nursery and camp clearing, and the cats milling about. He was hesitant to leave his clan, even for a short while...but he knew how stressful child-birth could be. Besides, he had Wheatpaw now to man the station while he was out.

Turning back to Dusksparks, he smiled brightly and nodded, "I'd be happy to," he purred, before pausing. He studied Duskspark's face, noting a troubled, far away light in his eyes. It didn't take a genius to put two and two together as to why that look should appear upon a healer's face when he spoke of child-birth.

With a gentle expression, Addercloud placed his thick tail around Duskspark's shoulders. "You can't save them all, Dusksparks," he said, his smile sad and solemn, but honest he was, "one could never predict the outcomes of such a stressful feat of nature. All we can do is try our best, as im sure you have," He himself thought about the times he'd failed to bring life into the world. The complications of birth and the "what if I'd..."s that spun in his head and weighed heavy on his heart. The price of medicinehood, and one every healer must bear.

But it was not a weight that should crush.

His kindly eyes soon burst with renewed light as Addercloud got to his feet, "Now, I do believe I promised a good meal? I think a couple of apprentices brought in couple of mice ~," addy said amicably, trotting out of his den to pursue the afore-mentioned meal. He returned a moment later with two mice swinging from their limp tails in his jaws, setting one beside his guest, he gestured for the darkclanner to enjoy. Considering the skin and bones Duskspark's brandished, Addercloud wanted to feed him a lot more than just a mouse, but he feared the other wouldn't take kindly to Adder's....habits of fretting....

(c)trexgirl

"

Dusksparks blinked at the other medicine cat, unsure of how Addercloud knew both just what he was thinking as well as just what he needed to hear. Dipping his head to the other, he almost felt like crying. They may be true but the fact still was that a kit died, that two were deaf and he was the one that was supposed to make sure that didn't happen. He wasn't a medicine cat by choice, true, but this was how Starclan decided his life should turn out and that must mean it was the position he could save the most cats in. After all, that's all he ever wanted to do, that's what all his dreams and actions led back to - putting out the most good and protecting the most amount of lives as he could. But he didn't feel like he was succeeding at that currently. And if he couldn't save lives as a medicine cat, then why even be one instead of a warrior? What would be the point of it?

He didn't say this to Addercloud however, feeling like it would be inappropriate somehow. They just met, after all, and he probably believed very strongly in his role as the clan healer. Most likely wanted to be it since birth, or whatever most medicine cats start out as. Dusksparks was the strange one, a warrior medic who still had a warrior's heart deep inside him. Or, at least, a heart that just wanted to save everyone and wanted to get that done the most successfully.

So he just smiled and laughed a bit awkwardly at the other's words. "I guess so." 

And then the Skyclanner gave him a mouse. Honestly, Dusksparks didn't want to eat someone else's hard earned fresh kill, but he also knew it would be rude to refuse something that was given to him like this. Thanking Addercloud profusely for it, he then took a bite, savoring the flavor. Dusksparks really couldn't remember the last time he ate something that wasn't just fur and bones, and even then it was less than usual, always feeling like the nursing queens or the small kits, or the hard-working warriors and apprentices, really everyone, should get the food before him. He was small and didn't do much cause of his leg. Once he was finished he looked up to Addercloud. "Thank you again, your hospitality really is something to admire." He told the other, not sure what would happen now. Dusksparks asked what he came to ask for, did he just....go now? He never really did this before so he didn't know. But he did know the other seemed pretty cool and Dusksparks would love to form a friendship with the other. After all, it was good for them all to stay connected, right?

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

played by xredxpepperx

• Addercloud;;

Medicine cat of Skyclan

Completely unaware of any sort of awkwardness that was normally put into play when one has completed their goal, Addercloud sat down beside Duskspark's with his ever-present smile on his face, "It's nothing, im glad to assist," he purred. He knew very well that his words hadn't made Dusk's woes go away - there was no such thing as a magic line that could ever do such a thing, but he had said what was true and hopefully Dusk would think about it the next time he felt down. It truly wasn't his fault - even the most experienced of medicine cats couldn't do anything when problems happened within the womb or the children were born in hard times. You just had to keep moving forward and work hard for the next litters.

"I don't mind giving you some lessons, by the way," Adder said after a moment, his soft green eyes now tinged with a bit of sympathy, "My mentor left the clan before my training was complete, so I know what its like to feel like you're falling behind..." his mind flashed to Audanine, the former medicine cat of Skyclan. Watching him leave for Thunderclan after only a moon of training under him. The terror, fear and misery of being so young and already with the weight of all medicine cat duties on your back, knowing every decision you made would be unsupervised and determined life and death. "I managed to get trained by Jaggedsight, though - thank starclan," he said, the momentary sadness in his green eyes lifting as he glanced back at Dusksparks, "I dont mind helping you out, too"

(c)trexgirl

"

Dusksparks smiled up at Addercloud's offer. "Thank you so much for the offer, I might have to take you up on it, haha! I guess while I had no actual mentor the closest one would've been Mintyblossom, in half-moon meetings. And of course Bumblefoot taught me some, whenever I visited a couple times. I would really appreciate any help you have for me, I feel like while I know most nowadays there's still so much I don't know." He told the Skyclanner, finding a little bit like there was irony in being taught by both the first and last (current) Skyclan medicine cats yet not even interacted with another Darkclan one. Sure there was Callalilydreams but she didn't know that much and left them all soon after arriving. He knew that Rosestar was given a vision or something by Starclan, she said so herself, but sometimes he wondered if that was what it was really saying, or if they were only brought into the position because they were family. It was a little strange that Rosestar made her sister deputy, her other sister medicine cat, and her cousin the medicine cat apprentice, but that was not a happy thought and so he pushed it down.

He shuffled his feet, not sure what to do now. Before he had an idea. "Hey, I was thinking a little while ago about maybe setting up something in where in the half-moon meetings we could trade like, herbs that are more specific to each clan and rarer or nonexistent in others. Or if someone really needs a herb they can ask for it. Do you think you'd be interested? I mean, there's a scary lack of medicine cats right now, with only me, you, and Bramblefoot that I know of, and I haven't seen or heard of him in a while. I'm thinking of going to check up on his soon, once I find a good enough excuse. But maybe we can start it at least a little bit?" He told him. Addercloud seemed like a really nice and good cat, so he hoped that the other saw the appeal to saving the whole forest - clan borders negligible. Dusksparks really did believe that everyone, no matter the clan deserved a shot at life at least. After all, he did save Cedarpaw's life in the middle of battle even before he got this position.

Duskpaw.png

art © echo

DUSKSPARKS

played by xredxpepperx

• Addercloud;;

Medicine cat of Skyclan

"There is always much we don't know, every little thing helps," he said, nodding in agreement. Addercloud had always thirsted for the knowledge that came with medicinehood - how to heal and what herbs did what. Though initially he hadn't thought to actually BE a medicine cat, the decision had to be made since...well. Addercloud glanced down at his paws, shuffling them slightly. His pacifistic nature, though respectable perhaps to many, had brought him so much grief. The wounds upon him all coming from his reluctance to fight another of his species, and since he couldn't bring himself to fight - even with his or his family's life in danger - the only way to be of any help to anyone was to be a healer. It was shameful, and selfish, he knew, but there was nothing he could do besides move forward.

Her perked his ears when Dusk continued. Intrigue glowed in his mint-colored eyes, before a wide smile filled his maw. "That is a great idea!" he exclaimed, purring, "especially now more than ever with leaf-bare approaching. I could always use more horsetail and feverfew," he let out a murrow of joy at the thought. "You should bring it up at the next gathering!" he told the other medicinecat encouragingly.

(c)trexgirl

"