A Forest Bird Never Wants A Cage (Open)

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Come check out our November Spotlight Contest!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
The winners for the October Spotlight Contest have been decided! The writing goes to Jadefeather12 and the art goes to sp00kboi lyric. Congratulations!
Trad. WindClan is a slower moving clan with an amazing OOC community, come join our ranks and help WindClan grow!
  • BrokenKit/Trad.Shadowclan/Male[♂]

*:・゚✦ Brokenkit shook as he slowly stumbled out of the nursery, ignoring the calls of the other nursery mothers who were telling him to come back and relax. But the tom ignored their calls as he sat down near the center of camp, not looking for Calmkit but rather to see what Lionstar was up too. The times had gotten a little boring since his disability made Broken unable to keep up with the kits his age, and would usually be seen trying to interact with the older members of shadowclan to pass the day.

Doubting his chances at becoming a warrior even with his father being ruler of shadowclan, no matter how hard Brokenkit wanted to force his way into the alliances of a warrior. It would never work all due to his stupid leg, which made part of his mind say his parents were disappointing in their young son.

Brokenkit

Tom

5 Moons

Played By DarkenedMemories

Tags

Open for plotting and threads

The post was edited 1 time, last by ~BrokenKit~ ().

• Brierkit didn't know much of the newer kittens in the nursery, but he was always up for getting to know new clanmates and becoming friends. Brokenkit did have a messed up leg but that didn't stop Brierkit from thinking any different of him. "Hello!" He said as he padded up to the frustrated looking younger denmate. "How are you?" He asked with a tilt of his head. "Whatcha' doin?"

*:・゚✦ The male's ears turned back as a voice appeared besides him, causing Brokenkit to glance over in the direction of Brier with a tilt in his head.Having his tail curl around the damaged backleg as if it embarrassed him, "I'm fine, who are you..?"

Not trying to see rude towards Brierkit, but he had never met the other kit before..only ever hanging around his brother.

Brokenkit

Tom

5 Moons

Tags

• Calmkit spotted his brother and made his way over, smiling, hoping to be pleasant. He did feel bad for Brokenkit, having some messed up leg must be rough, and the ginger tom was glad he wasn't in his brother's situation, and that he would have a fair chance at being a warrior. Calmkit wasn't asking to be super strong, he just wanted to be up there, able to share a den with the warriors, to hunt, patrol and if he really needed to, fight. Would Brokenkit ever be able to do any of those things? "Hey, Brokenkit!" he mewed, before giving Brierkit a nod. "And Brierkit!" Honestly, Calmkit didn't really know what else to say. He wasn't exactly seeing anything interesting right now, and while Calmkit was a very confident cat and good at making conversation, he wasn't going to push his enthusiasm right now. After all, staying calm was also staying true to his name.

Calmkit

Male

Heterosexual

Open to plots and threads, please just ask!

*:・゚✦ It was a little upsetting that he had yet to see their father Lionstar, but never the less...it was always in good company with siblings. "Are you practicing anything today Calmkit?"Truthyfully, Brokenkit wanted to practice becoming an apprentice just like his brother had been before..tossing a mossball like it was a frantic mouse. The last time he'd ever done that had the dark brownish black kit in the medicine cat's den after tripping over the ball, and spraining one of his front paws in the process. The name he was given wasn't much of a pleasant reminder, as it just made the tom hat his twisted leg even more...He'd dreampt of being a warrior for nights now. But that fantasy was always broken whenever the suns rays shown into the nursery "I wanted to try and practice with you"Maybe his brother would allow Brokenkit to play and act like what a warrior was, just since in a couple more moons...hopefully the brothers would be given their apprentice names.

Brokenkit

Tom

5 Moons

Tags

• Jaggedkit spotted her two brothers chatting, Brierkit close by, and bounded over. "Hey guys! Watcha up to?" Jaggedkit slowed as she approached, coming to a stop next to the group. It had been so long since she'd seen her siblings, Jaggedkit was so happy to talk to them again. Now we can all become apprentices together. She dipped her head to Brierkit, having only really interacted with him the time they'd gotten in trouble, and the time her father had been acting weird..

Jaggedkit| Daughter of JengaxLionsighted| 5 moons| Sister to Calmkit and Brokenkit| Inherited her mother's curiosity, and loves to explore| Wants her dad to be happy| Was infrequently visited by her mother's spirit, until Jenga was reincarnated| Jaggedkit's Family Tree

Played by Jadefeather12

• "I'm Brierkit!" He said in a happy tone. How had they not noticed his overly fluffy pelt in the nursery? He really took after his father in that regard. Well.. that and size.

When Jaggedkit approached, Brierkit's ears perked with happiness. "Hi Jaggedkit! Im just getting to know the others, how have you been?" According to Brierkit, they were already good friends.

• Calmkit wasn't surprised to hear that Brokenkit wanted to practice him - that was how most kits were. But his brother was different, thanks to his broken leg, which would surely hold him back. No, Calmkit wasn't trying to be harsh or blunt about it, but it was the truth, something that could never be changed. Brokenkit would just have to learn to live with his leg. "You can try!" he gave a laugh. "Come catch me, then!" He pelted off, nearly crashing straight into his sister.

"Oh, hey, Jaggedkit. Not really anything interesting, to be honest. What about you?" what was interesting to Calmkit was becoming an apprentice, and meeting more cats. He was a social cat, and right now the ginger kit only knew a small circle of cats. That wasn't good enough for him! "Brierkit, are you being apprenticed soon?" Calmkit inquired.

Calmkit

Male

Heterosexual

• Jaggedkit nodded, meowing "Pretty good. That's nice, we'll all be apprentices around the same time, then warriors." Jaggedkit jumped as Calmkit hurtled towards her, just avoiding the collision. "Hi Calmkit." She meowed, her amused purr broken as she laughed. "I haven't done anything lately. I'd be happy to train with you Brokenkit." She offered, blinking happily at her handi capped brother. Jaggedkit pricked her ears at the question directed to Brierkit, wondering that herself.

Jaggedkit| Daughter of JengaxLionsighted| 5 moons| Sister to Calmkit and Brokenkit| Inherited her mother's curiosity, and loves to explore| Wants her dad to be happy| Was infrequently visited by her mother's spirit, until Jenga was reincarnated| Jaggedkit's Family Tree

Played by Jadefeather12

• He was much bigger than his siblings, Ratkit and Cherrykit, but that didn't mean he was old enough to become an apprentice. He shrugged, "I hope it's soon, probably not as soon as you guys though. I'm getting so bored, and my nest is so cramped!" Ratkit and Cherrykit had taken after their mother, having forms that were much smaller than his. He, however, was all fluff and all mass, and he had his father to thank for that. Right now, however, he didn't really want to thank his father for it. It just made him feel more restless, bieng the same size as other kits yet watching them advance without him.

Sighing, he shook his head, "I'm going to be so jealous when you guys start training." He had hardly noticed Brokenkit's leg. Obviously he knew he limped, but he hardly thought it woul dhold him back.

• Calmkit gave a nod. He didn't really care who he was training with, he just hoped it would be someone he enjoyed talking to, someone who was eager to hunt and fight. The ginger kit had a feeling he might be quite the slacker in his training, so he needed someone to keep him motivated. "I reckon I'll be getting apprenticed in a moon or so, maybe sooner," the tom decided, not really confident in his calculations but still sounding pretty pleased with himself as he placed a small paw on his chest. "There must be some good things about being a kit. You like mossball?"

Calmkit

Male

Heterosexual

*:・゚✦ The appearance of this sister only caused Brokenkit to ease a little on himself, It was a little better now that his siblings were around. Standing up with a grin ready to follow after Calmkit in hopes, he wouldn't trip and fall in one of the more ridiculous manners. "Maybe you could try and train with us Brierkit, I might need to take things a little slow:

That was a terrible thing to admit, but that was all true coming from the brownish black kit. No matter how much he wished to be normal like his siblings, it just wasn't what starclan had planned for him.

Brokenkit

Tom

5 Moons

Tags

• il_fullxfull.325805869.jpg

LIONSTAR//Leader Of ShadowClan//45 moons//

OOC:

IC: He sat on top of HighRock, gazing down at the camp. A gathering of kits soon appeared near the nursery, and his ears twitched in interest. All three of his kits were there, along with Berrybreeze’s kit, Brierkit.

He certainly hoped little Brokenkit would be able to cope with warrior apprentice duties, seeing as he’d been born with a twisted leg. He’d heard of warriors with the same disability, using it as a club should they be in a fight. Hopefully Brokenkit would learn how to.

They seemed rather chatty down there, and he supposed he should make an appearance, as their chatting seemed to turn to apprenticeship. He leaped gracefully down to the ground, padding silently towards them, a purr of amusement rippling through his throat.

“I’m sure all of you will make fine warriors one day.” He mewed, as he settled there with his tail wrapping over his paws.

• Brierkit shrugged to Calmkit, "I mean, yeah, mossball is okay I suppose. It just gets so boring! I want to do real things." He had already been to the edge of camp and back, surely he could be an apprentice within a moon!

He smiled and flicked his tail happily as Brokenkit spoke, "I would love to train with you guys! But... Why would you need to take things slow?"

He then saw Lionstar approach and his curiosity was momentarily diverted. "Thanks Lionstar!" He glowed with the praise. Then an idea struck him, "Hey, Lionstar, since I'm bigger than my siblings why can't I become an apprentice when Brokenkit, Jaggedkit, and Calmkit do? I could handle it! Honest!" He stood as tall as he could to try and prove his words through his stance.

• il_fullxfull.325805869.jpg

LIONSTAR//Leader Of ShadowClan//45 moons//

OOC:

IC: At Brierkit’s question, he chuckled. “As much as I’d love to see an apprentice early, it would be breaking the Warrior Code.” He mewed, lightly flicking the tom’s ear with his tail.

• Jaggedkit tilted her head, thinking. "How old are you?" Six moons was the requirement for most clans, though at one point she'd hear rumors of DarkClan's leader TulipStar declaring it younger. Since then Jaggedkit thought it had been changed back, but it was worrisome to think that had been considered. A long time ago, ShadowClan had done the same thing, shortening a kits time to warrior hood, and a lot of casualties had been the affect. Jaggedkit barely remembered the story, but she knew that six moons was the requirement for a reason. Kits, herself included, might want to be a warrior as soon as possible, but it was likely they'd die in battle even on accident because of their small size.

She shook herself from those thoughts, chuckling at Brierkit's statement, admittedly glad she would be an apprentice soon like some of her other friends. She smiled at Brokenkit, glad her brother's leg didn't hinder his enthuseasm. "Yeah, if we all train together, that would be fun!" Jaggedkit turned to see her father padding over, letting out a purr at his words. I hope so.

Turning to Brierkit, she meowed "Brokenkit's got a twisted leg, but he'll still make a great warrior once he's used to fighting with it." Jaggedkit nudged her brother affectionately, chuckling as Brierkit pleaded with her father. Despite one of his first meetings with Lionstar being the time he'd gone all scary, Brierkit didn't seem at all deterred.

Played by Jadefeather12

*:・゚✦ Brokenkit was about to state why he'd be taking things slow before noticing Lionstar glancing over their small heads,and his sister nudging him softly. "I'd try my best to help the clan, Brierkit.. Don't rush everything, It's nice being a kit."

Brokenkit tried to be positive towards the other kit, seeing how it was best no to rush such fragile things.

Brokenkit

Tom

5 Moons

Tags

• "Yup, we're all going to be great warriors, especially me," Calmkit smirked mischievously, placing a paw on his chest, though he gave a gentle laugh a few moments later to signify that he was joking. Honestly, the ginger kit wasn't sure how he would fare as a warrior. He didn't see himself being much of a fighter, and he was a slow as a slug, but he was intelligent. That was probably going to always be his best aspect. "Like Jaggedkit said, Brokenkit's got a broken leg. But that doesn't matter! He's here, he's with us, and he matters." Honestly, Calmkit had a soft spot for his brother because of his twisted leg and the sympathy he felt.

Calmkit

Male

Heterosexual