PUT SOME JOY UP ON MY FACE: o, riverclan patrol

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Come check out our November Spotlight Contest!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
The winners for the October Spotlight Contest have been decided! The writing goes to Jadefeather12 and the art goes to sp00kboi lyric. Congratulations!
Trad. WindClan is a slower moving clan with an amazing OOC community, come join our ranks and help WindClan grow!
  • (please wait until at least 1 other riverclanner posts before replying!)

It had been far too long since WindClan had last been paid a formal visit by Doestar. The last time that they had interacted (apart from the gathering) had been moons ago, in the midst of crisis, whether it had been a battle or otherwise. Perhaps, as Doestar and the modestly-sized group of RiverClan cats approached the rushing water that separated the reed-covered marsh from the high slopes and fragrant heather of the moor, they would be able to interact without the sound of anguished cries fresh in their ears. The small she-cat, still plump from the bounty of Greenleaf and early Leaf-fall but progressively becoming more lean as Leaf-bare approached, paused as she crept across the stones, her gaze flitting to the waving grasses that lay across the tumultuous waters before them.

• Luckily from what she heard Wind Clan was a stable ally, otherwise her presence may be alarming. At the moment? The lithe brown tabby with white still wore a collar from her days in blood clan, so where she had come from at one time was rather clear as was the fact that if she wanted to fight she was actually dangerous. However she looked dejected walking alongside right behind DoeStar and couldn't seem to get herself to do anything besides frown ruefully.

I'd Trade All My Tomorrows For Just One Yesterday

untitled_drawing_by_windkitten122-dbk2w5y.png

I Know I'm Bad News

Warrior - Thunder Clan - Female - 24 moons old - Mother of CallPaw, CreamPaw, PuddlePaw, SootPaw and LuckyPaw- Mentor To N/A- Mentored JaggedSight - Nonviolent PP Allowed.

• In the shadow of the RiverClanner's abundance of prey from the river one would think Vipertongue was apt to be whisked away like a falling leaf on a brisk summer breeze but, in truth, the molly was simply slim naturally and with leafbare baring down on them on the near horizon she'd definitely been eating less and less. There were queens, kits, and elders to feed first, not to mention she was young and healthy and therefore fit to go much longer without a solid meal. Having been patrolling the borders anyhow it wasn't hard to pick up the distinct fishy smell that RiverClanners seemed to be so known for and realize quickly that they had company, not that she was a particularly big fan of company but to each their own. Exercising caution as she neatly picked her way forward the slate tabby prowled towards the small patrol, lean, hardened muscles rippling beneath her dark pelt as she closed the gap between herself and the strangers.

She'd seen Doestar enough to recognize her but the other two gathered figures were complete strangers, that goes without mentioning one sported a collar native only to BloodClan. Mousebrain. Jasperstar despised BloodClan so she was sure that was going to blow over well. Wiping her distaste from her expression as she neared the patrol Vipertongue cleared her throat, speaking only once she came to a halt directly across the border from the leader. "Greetings, what brings you to our border Doestar? Is something wrong in RiverClan?" They lacked the stench of fear and blood that indicated a battle or the sunken bellies that indicated famine so she could only presume she perhaps wanted to speak with Jasperstar or something of that sort.

tags & info

AND EVERY SHADOW FILLED UP WITH DOUBT
    —— vipertongue, warrior of windclan, ♀ | and i found jesus, what a liar ・゚✦

• RiverClan cats? The red tom's paws itched with excitement - it was a rarity that he got to see cats from other Clans, though truly, they really didn't seem all that different from WindClan. He stood a short distance away from Vipertongue, not wanting to stay especially close to the other cat, as they weren't close friends of any sort. He wondered whether he should say something, but found himself a little nervous. There was Doestar, RiverClan's leader, and a cat with a collar, which Kestrelpaw had heard that BloodClan cats wore. The final cat looked a little less intimidating, but still, 2/3, the tom was trying not to tremble.

"Anything bad happen?" The apprentice didn't want to come off as concerned, but it was the most intelligent thing he could think of to say. After all, he had to say something, right? Otherwise, it just seemed really awkward him being here.

WindClan apprentice

Male

Bisexual

Open to plots or private threads, please just ask!

• A face peeked from the gorse beyond the pebbles of the WindClan riverbank, tabby-colored and slender, before the young cat revealed herself, slinking across the shore to the edge of the lapping water. Eyes darted to Solitaire's form. Such looks given to the ex-BloodClanner were unfortunately plentiful while being clearly hurtful to the already grieving she-cat, and Doestar found herself pressing into Solitaire's side, partially shielding her from Vipertongue's probing gaze, the leader's amber eyes hardening slightly. If she wasn't focused on being polite to their allies, she would have had more time to be offended. Following in the warrior's wake was a young tom, clearly not above the age of apprentice, his gaze also, though more nervously, darting to the tooth-studded collar. Their questions, entwined, both somewhat concerned, floated across the river.

She lifted her chin, not taking the care to mend her expression from it's angry resting place, something that was not helped by her vague repulsion at their instinctive hostility toward Solitaire. "Oh, no, all is well. We just wanted to know how things are in WindClan. Jasperstar is well, I trust?"

• Shockingly? Soli barely noticed the way other cats looked at her these days, it just didn't go through her head, well it did but it went right back out. The she-cat had no reason to regard those looks, it did not matter what other cats thought about her, her father was gone and she spent her whole life trying to make him proud so he would remember her when she was gone. Now no one would remember and she didn't know how long she had left to live. She only noticed DoeStar's sympathetic look because she was a solider good at keeping eyes on her leader and following orders, her collar proved that. If she was told that she had to kill someone for River Clan she wouldn't hesitate for a second because little to their knowledge she was dying anyways. If she died in battle unknown or by the side of the river forgotten, it didn't matter anymore. Though she wouldn't do anything to rush her own demise, but she certainly wasn't fighting to live anymore right now. She inhaled the scent of her leader's pelt, glancing up once more with her crest fallen gaze.

Didn't it hurt to press like that? Soli couldn't think the fangs and claws lining her neck could make contact with her too comfortable. "It's alright, it doesn't bother me DoeStar, I mean its not like I'm harmless, when the right circumstances are met I'm still dangerous. I'd be wary of me." she did not have the same regard for life as everyone else standing here, overtime she had come to see the lives of anyone who was not directly allied with her as expendable and meaningless. Of course that had largely been from her father's influence and Blood Clan's, easily accepting that sort of mentality because of her death sentence. "Should I go back though DoeStar? So I don't cause anymore tension with my presence." she couldn't give up her collar yet, it would out last her, prove she was here, and it was the last link she had to her father since they had both worn one for the longest time.

I'd Trade All My Tomorrows For Just One Yesterday

untitled_drawing_by_windkitten122-dbk2w5y.png

I Know I'm Bad News

Warrior - Thunder Clan - Female - 24 moons old - Mother of CallPaw, CreamPaw, PuddlePaw, SootPaw and LuckyPaw- Mentor To N/A- Mentored JaggedSight - Nonviolent PP Allowed.

• Kestrelpaw held back a laugh. Had Doestar just come to check on WindClan or something? That seemed dumb, almost pointless. Then again, what did he know? The tabby didn't really know anything about cats from other Clans. Well, to be completely honest, he even lacked interest in the majority of his Clanmates. Maybe Doestar really did have a reason to lead a patrol to the WindClan border, and he was just failing to catch on due to being a 'naive apprentice.'

"Well, I think Jasperstar's well, but I don't really speak with them that much. Suppose you'd have to ask yourself." Kestrelpaw hoped he wasn't shaking - he would never admit how nervous he felt speaking to a leader, especially a leader from another Clan! He tried to stick his chest out, like a big, strong warrior, but he got the feeling he really did just look like some scrawny kid. Next, the cat with the collar spoke, making the red male tense even more, though he was pleasantly surprised by the offer to leave. Of course, he didn't say anything, for the question was directed towards Doestar.

WindClan apprentice

Male

Bisexual

Open to plots or private threads, please just ask!

• "Greetings DoeStar." The WindClan tom appeared, pacing over to the patrol with a dip of his head. He was feeling a bit better as of late, especially with a deputy to help take some of the weight off of him. Still, his grief for Rabbitflight was overwhelming at times, and continued to affect him. "All is well in RiverClan I hope?"

JasperStar| Male| 30 Moons. Ages however | Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Best ability: Deep thinker, realist, slightly ADHD| Extrovert, thrives in crowds, nervous alone| Worst quality: curious about everything, doesn't like being 'cooped up', has a hatred for BloodClan| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Lives: 8/9

Played by Jadefeather12