the pitiless eyes [open, bloodclanner]

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Come check out our November Spotlight Contest!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
The winners for the October Spotlight Contest have been decided! The writing goes to Jadefeather12 and the art goes to sp00kboi lyric. Congratulations!
Trad. WindClan is a slower moving clan with an amazing OOC community, come join our ranks and help WindClan grow!

• Scarecrow

The Nightmare of BloodClan

Tags & Information - The Voice

Lurking in the long shadows stretched by a golden twilight, a creature, twisted and ruined, lurked and thrived, murky paws painted white to strike chilled earth as a cool wind buffeted a powerful form. The beast was feline, with a tuxedo coat of sleek obsidian, and his eyes were portals to hell itself, the devil's infernos licking at glassy orbs that glowed with a vibrant fury. BloodClan scent permeated the air around the brutal figure, and as he strode through woodland trees, it danced through the air to touch bark and foliage, leaving traces of the oily smell. Scarecrow's features were set in a cold scowl, expressionless and firm, scarred jaws locked around a small Halloween pumpkin bucket he had snatched from a two-leg child just days before, but that was hardly the scary part. What was in the container was sure to spread seeds of dread and shock. The male stopped on the edge of SkyClan's land, black tail swishing through the atmosphere as the cold breeze carried the sense of his presence deeper into the territory, beckoning it's residents forth to meet the nightmare that lurked on their border.

I am the shadow on the moon at Night

Filling your dreams to the brim with Fright

(c)trexgirl

if i had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense

nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't

player of Tigerscar/Sheogorath and Scarecrow

• Minnownose had scented BloodClan long before she was near any border. The wind seemed to be doing her plenty of favors, though the scent did not. The deputy immediately felt nervous, what could they possibly want? The last time Minnownose had seen BloodClan, they were spreading guts around the territory as a prank and-well, her adoptive son ate some questionable things that day. That's all she's gonna even think about that.

She always knew that the cats of BloodClan and herself were seeming opposites. Instead of fierce, cruel creatures Minnownose was hopelessly optimistic. Instead of spreading gut all over the territory, she spent her time worrying over the wellbeing of whatever poor thing had to be ripped to shreds for the prank. And so Minnownose didn't trust it. She had gone across Taboa once, had even fought her-and lost, but still. She just didn't get where their heads were at. If the heart did any more than beat blood to keep the cold creatures alive.

Still, Minnownose follows the scent until she nears the brutal BloodClanner-just enough to barely see the stark white against shadow. Holding...something. It looks like the weird fruit she came across near the border not too long ago. Whitescar had said it was harmless, though the younger cat wasn't so sure. Huh.

The deputy pauses, lilac fur pricked. She kept just enough space between of them, unsure of what to do. "Can I help you? To get rid of that creepy container, for one?"

• Scarecrow

The Nightmare of BloodClan

Tags & Information - The Voice

The scent of SkyClan danced heavy in the air, pungent and clear, an odor not unlike the woodland they thrived within. A cold breeze rattled tree limbs as frigid eyes raked across the approaching figure of Minnownose. There was distance maintained between them, careful and pointed, an obvious concern that lingered through the atmosphere. Was she afraid? Did his presence flood her veins with ice? The Scarecrow took in a breath, lungs expanding, chest rising as nostrils flared, his stoic features expressionless as silence stretched between the pair, his tense companion, beckoning conflict. Finally, the tuxedo, in a slow, deliberate movement, placed the pumpkin bucket at his murky front paws before rising to his full height, staring down the deputy with a hard, intense flicker of hellish flame igniting predatory eyes. The voice that crept from between scarred jaws was that of a serpent, gritty and cruel, laced with a devil's venom, "Of course." Reinforced claws curled into soil as he raised one limb to kick the orange object across the border, spilling its contents into long grass. Looking up with glassy, lifeless colors were a dozen feline eyes, meticulously carved from their formerly living hosts. "I wanted to hear them scream." Scarecrow explained, monotone, uncaring and sinister. "I wanted to hear their fear. Taste it. Smell it. Make them feel it." The BloodClanner's black tail waved through the chilled air behind him as he spoke as a monster would. "They begged for me to stop. Tell me..." Pupils of coal swathed in wild infernos narrowed into dangerous slits as they scanned the she-cat nearby, "Will you beg?"

I am the shadow on the moon at Night

Filling your dreams to the brim with Fright

(c)trexgirl

• "Minnownose, please? Please please please please!" of course he would beg. He would beg day and night. The stench filled his nostrils and he inhaled it with ecstasy, dancing forth from the cover of the trees to where his mother stood upon the border. Oh, StarClan, it was right... there. All of them. Rolling around on the leaves, collecting soil-- he twitched toward them, sunken brown eyes wide with anticipation and a giddy excitement, but withdrew, ears flattening with some semblance of a shame that he could not articulate, something more a knowledge of the rules than genuine emotion. The last time he had eaten the rat guts or the body on the border, he had gotten in big trouble. Big, big trouble. But, gosh, eyeballs. Free! They were being given away. The young tomcat weaved about the deputy's legs, ignoring the stranger's rambling, teeth nearly closing around an eyeball at his feet. "I won't eat a lot, I promise! I'll... uh... share! With everyone!" his mouth was watering.

• //God wheatpaw why

Also if Minnownose wasn't afraid of jack-o-lanterns before she sure as hell is now

Minnownose steps back in horror as the eyes roll, and the deputy can't help but make sure to side step as one rolls too close. Great StarClan. How could a cat do that to another? Just to see what would happen? What kind of sane individual could do that? I guess they're not as sane as we may think, Minnownose thinks to herself, raising light eyes to meet Scarecrow's.

Thin claws slide from small paws, Minnownose trying to figure out how to get out of this. Hopefully, with eyes in tact. Those are kind of necessary and such. She lets out a growl, a harder emotion highlighting her expression-so very different than usual. "I won't have to beg, as I won't become part of your collection here," the deputy says, as calm as she can manage.

But just as she prepares herself for an attack, Minnownose's attention is snatched by Wheatpaw. Get out of here! And then he starts to speak. Minnownose will never understand his attraction to such...strange things. She didn't even know how to tell him no, you can't just eat cat bodyparts. "These were cats, Wheatpaw. Not the most appropriate alternative to other edible things."

• Scarecrow | BloodClan Member | Male | Tags ✦ ✧ ✦ — 

"Perhaps not yet." The Scarecrow responded to the deputy's claim that she would not become apart of his collection. His talons flexed through the grass as tense muscle prepared for battle. He hadn't come to fight, intimidation being his only purpose, but Minnownose seemed more than willing. Perhaps it was her belief that he would make some effort to end her life, but no such thing would happen on the SkyClan border that day. There was a shift in attitude, from hostile to strange, an oddness hanging in the presence of another that approached the scene. An apprentice, youthful and perhaps a bit mad, but the tuxedo was no stranger to such things. His hellish eyes roamed across the other male's figure, tattered ears taking in words that were likely to stir disgust in some, but the stoic mask of Scarecrow was unchanging, and his thoughts were undisturbed. Their interaction was allowed to stretch on, until the devil's cold voice slithered into the air again, "You are not safe here. Your dens will not protect your family. The Scarecrow will be watching while you sleep. Waiting." A threat to chill the blood, and a parting statement that rang with malice. Silence stretched on as he turned away and departed from the sinister scene, leaving the eyes to stare with lifeless glass from their position upon the earth, their pumpkin container stained with crusted blood.

• Nala was sitting in her nest outside the warrior's treehouse. The former housecat didn't feel comfortable sleeping with the other warriors, especially when she hadn't earned her name, or so she had been told warriors did. Plus, she liked to watch the stars come out. She was always locked in at night by her owner.

So when Minnownose had slipped out to investigate a smell, Nala couldn't help but grow curious. And she believed curiousity could only potentially kill the cat. So Nala followed the deputy and hoped it wasn't an excuse to go for some secret meeting that would have her killed if she discovered it.

It was worse. She found herself listening to the Scarecrow or whatever his name in a tree nearby basically threaten to rip Minnownose's eyes out. What a lovely fellow. And the apprentice looked delighted to be there for some reason.

Minnownose was the one who took her into the clan. The housecat would probably be in the pound if it wasn't for the deputy's kindness. So Nala did the one thing that probably sealed her fate of certain death. She hopped down from the tree, near Minnownose, and asked the other she-cat, "Hey, if there's going to be a fight, can you give me a crash course in how to not get killed?"

*:・゚Sometimes even shooting stars

Find wishes that miss their marks *:・゚

Winter | Fern Grace | Alexandra Grimm | Dawn | empty

• Minnownose was more than a bit relieved when Scarecrow backed away with no more than a few threats. Loaded threats, sure, but still. Threats can be monitored, borders patrolled, camps guarded. But no one made it on the BloodClan cat's list of becoming sightless, so Minnownose could let her anxiety relax for half a second. "We'll be well prepared for your next move, I assure you," Minnownose growls, struggling to keep her voice cooly calm.

She had to get Wheatpaw out of here before he did something reckless. Or gross.

But then Nala is there and she wonders how she gets into these situations, looking after two young-or generally inexperienced in all this-cats as a BloodClan cat literally just threatened the entire Clan's life. They're not even my kits and I feel like an exhausted mother, I wonder how Whitescar felt with Badgerfang and Cloudspots.

"He's bluffing," Minnownose says as the housecat approaches her. She hopes it was true, cause Minnownose couldn't deal with a battle right now. "But, yes. You knowing how to defend yourself will be helpful. Perhaps Wheatpaw here can help, it'll be a good distraction."

• IC: Nala nodded. She was a bit used to sarcasm, and it probably wouldn't help cases like these in the future. "That'd actually be great. I only know how to ward off little humans, but a hiss usually sends them crying." Nala mewed. It'd be great how to fight off an actual opponent, because she was sure hissing at the Scarecrow would probably make her death happen more slowly. Lovely. Speaking of....

"What should we do with these poor cat's eyeballs? It seems wrong to leave them here. At least some part of the cats deserve a burial, right?" The she-cat looked at Minnownose.

OOC: Didn't see where he left, sorry. Really should pay more attention to other people's post, but I was half asleep.

(c)trexgirl

*:・゚Sometimes even shooting stars

Find wishes that miss their marks *:・゚

Winter | Fern Grace | Alexandra Grimm | Dawn | empty