DESTROYA // open + sickness

It's that time of month again, check out the gatherings! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Come check out our October Spotlight Contest!
The winners of the September Spotlight Contest are as follows: Art: Tikki! And writing: Spoopius! Congratulations!
FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Looking for a traditional clan that causes some chaos w/ the coolest kids around? Check out BloodClan!
  • something was wrong. luca never got sick; it was almost impossible. his body temperature protected him from most viruses and bacteria, and his blood was supposed to make his body uninhabitable to all pathogens. sure, when he got cold his core temperature slipped and let some stuff past his defences. it had happened last time he came to shadowclan and he was reduced to a coughing mess worming around the camp's floor in a pile of blankets, but this was different. luca couldn't remember being seriously ill before, yet here he was.

he couldn't really see straight, but after a while of squinting he realised that he was staring at his paws. he blinked and tried to move, but his disorientation caused him to fall to the floor the moment he raised his paw. a wave of nausea crashed violently into him and he groaned, fighting back the bile that burned the back of his throat. luca could vaguely register the grass around him hissing and wilting, and he knew that he should move away from camp because his temperature was absolutely wild. it was just so hard to move. he wished xia was still around. was there anyone else in shadowclan with ice powers? the only one he could think of was lua and she hadn't been around lately either.

suddenly his mouth flooded with saliva and he dreaded what was coming next. luca's body lurched as he vomited pink blood all over his own paws, coughing and spluttering a little against the unwelcome flood. ah, that probably wasn't a good sign. it looked like someone had spilled paint all over his front. he tried to stand only to fall over again, body weak and drained. where... was he?

//it's been really hard to roleplay luca lately so hhngh take this sad excuse for his inactivity.

i can't make up my mind whether to kill him or not, so for now he'll be sick until i either find muse or decide to drop him for a bit uwu

I'M EXACTLY WHERE YOU'D LIKE ME, YOU KNOW
    PRAYING FOR LOVE IN A LAPDANCE
    AND PAYING IN NAIVETY

shadowclan + the skulls - kitsune - affectionate and creepy

tags - ref - pinterest - played by tem

• rinto had been in camp, noting the inactivity as of late. there was just... nothing going on, and rinto longed for the times he was in the sanctuary and there was always something to do. despite being the only medic, he felt underworked. he could cure people, and yet he sat in the abandoned medical den now, his new home, as he sorted herbs and arranged soft, comfortable beds. as he got sick of the dust from cleaning, the sleek tabby (smelling of luca's gifted dry shampoo) slipped out of the den into camp, only to see luca there.

then, he watched as he swayed, and then pink liquid spilled out of him. "oh god!" the little tabby yelled, scrambling over. at first, he thought luca had ate something weird, but he remembered luca's blood was pink. luca was bleeding internally. hematemesis, he thought. what could treat this? as he struggled to get up, rinto whined. "n-no, relax, it's okay, i can... i can help." rinto said, becoming extremely worried. he has stomach cancer, probably, and he's going to die and leave you and then you're going to commit suicide because you're an idiot, he thought, feeling tears form in his eyes. "l-luca... it'll be okay, just... here," rinto quickly conjured up an eye pack, attempting to press it to the kitsune's forehead.

I'M NOT ASKING MUCH - JUST GIVE ME YOUR HEART!

AND PUT NO ONE ELSE ABOVE ME, GO ON, SAY YOU LOVE ME!

tags // plot

• "Shit," cursed the warrior as he came hurrying over, golden eyes wide. That... didn't look good. The hell was wrong with him? Ever worried, he stopped before the pair, keeping his distance to avoid both the vomit and the heat, reluctant to end up like the vegetation around the kitsune. "Did you eat some rotten food or something?" Grimacing, he watched as Rinto tended to him, unsure of what to do. He hated how useless he always felt in situations like these, but he was a fighter, not a healer.

• "Yeah, rotten fruit won't make you vomit up blood." Hummed the female as she made her way over to the scene, eyes scanning over the fallen male before her. Poor Luca, he seemed to have some kind of ailment here and wasn't having a good time. She felt bad for him and boy he was burning up something fierce. Half of her wondered if he continued at a high enough temperature would he just burn himself out. Become a hollow shell of what he used to be, and empty vessel. It was a possibility and she settled down with a frown upon her muzzle, lifting a paw to press it lightly to her cheek she debated on what she could do to help. Or would he even want her help at all? Frankly she didn't have a stable relationship with anyone here in Shadowclan but regardless she would lightly aim to press her paw against his shoulder. "Hot." It was just one word but she attempted to take his pain and give him a bit of a respite before he had another fit of it.

MUST BE EXHAUSTING TO LOSE YOUR OWN GAME

—— sekhmet | nightwatcher | shadowclan | tags | ref 

• "ugh," people were touching him. his head dropped into the gross pool of blood-vomit and he vaguely registered the hiss of an ice pack against his hot head. this was embarrassing, why were people looking at him in such a weakened state? "i feel bad," he said to no one in particular, covering his eyes with pink-stained paws. it wasn't a 'pain' bad, more like a 'everything's spinning and i'm too hot and my skin is too tight oh my god' kind of bad. somehow, that very specific discomfort that nausea brought was one thousand times worse than straight pain, at least in luca's opinion. sethmet's efforts made it a little better, better enough for him to work his neck muscles again. he lifted his head from the muck in the grass, uncovering a single eye. "which camp is this?" he asked the blurry shape in front of him, pushing away the ice pack when it'd melted and the water was starting to bubble. he couldn't tell if he was in shadowclan or the sanctuary, the world was tilting too much for him to glean anything from his surroundings. he tried to stand but his legs were too shaky, so he reluctantly laid back down. god he hoped he was in shadowclan. "i n-need panadol and alcohol." he slurred. "someone bring me, um, rinto," he said, unaware that his friend(boyfriend?) had been the first on the scene. he was hoping that blood would cure his condition, and rinto was probably the only one that'd willingly donate his blood despite the unknown disease wracking luca's body.

I'M EXACTLY WHERE YOU'D LIKE ME, YOU KNOW
    PRAYING FOR LOVE IN A LAPDANCE
    AND PAYING IN NAIVETY

shadowclan + the skulls - kitsune - affectionate and creepy

tags - ref - pinterest - played by tem

• He glanced over at Sekhmet upon hearing her comment. "Might've been allergic to whatever it is he ate. If he ate something." A brief pause, and then a shrug. "Eh, what do I know?" It wasn't long before he returned his flaxen gaze to Luca, observing as the sha hybrid inspected and assessed his condition. Her feedback didn't come as a surprise. His brow furrowed when their ailing clanmate reacted. "Maybe we should give him some space, Sekhmet." That was her name, right? Her face stuck out to him; she'd received a promotion during the recent meeting, yeah?

Once more, he looked back at Luca, cocking his head. "Rinto's already here, bud," he told him, gesturing to the tom in question. Was the sickness affecting his eyesight, too?

• rinto looked at dracula. "it... it's like a fever, but i've never seen anything like it. then again, luca isn't a regular animal," he looked at the miserable form of his love. "we're in shadowclan." he quickly implicated, then listened to the request. panadol and alcohol? "not sure if it's.. safe combined, it could..." rinto didn't want to tell luca otherwise though, and quickly retrieved the cold medicine and while he couldn't find raw alcohol, he found some vodka and decided that was good enough.

"also, i'm... i've been here. it's me, rinto." rinto wondered if it was because the blood, and he set the medicines in front of him.

I'M NOT ASKING MUCH - JUST GIVE ME YOUR HEART!

AND PUT NO ONE ELSE ABOVE ME, GO ON, SAY YOU LOVE ME!

tags // plot

• Wait, did allergies do that? That was news to her and she almost looked incredulous before she reigned in her expression and gave Dracula a nod of her head. He was right and they should give him some space. Besides Rinto was here and he should be able to help him, right? Her gaze flicked to the male before she frowned just a bit, taking a step back before she narrowed her eyes in thought. Well, certainly he might needs some kind of help and she could offer some considering she was knew a bit about medicines and herbal remedies. "Hey Rin, if you need it I can assist you. I know some things so if you want me to run off and fetch for ya just ask." Then she stepped back to settle down beside Dracula and watch from a distance, not wanting to get in the way of the healing process here.

MUST BE EXHAUSTING TO LOSE YOUR OWN GAME

—— sekhmet | nightwatcher | shadowclan | tags | ref