Private with anc

• ((Right!))

Seeing the disappointment in Cobalt's eyes, she squeezed his paw in sympathy and gave him a small, reassuring smile, "It'll be ok." She whispered to the Lucario, "Once you recover, I'm sure there'll be something else Chara and you will want to accomplish. A new high, new level or challenge or something that's going to top anything anyone has ever done, and you'll be there to help her through it! Just you wait and see, this won't be the last or biggest thing accomplished in your guys' lives."

• (still dying inside; it's like my immune system's taking a rain check)

Cobalt sighed as his torso was re-mummified with fresh bandaging, glad for the pain to be over. Sel did her best to cheer him up, but nothing could truly substitute his bitter mood. What else could he and Chara do? There was little they hadn't done already, and he was missing out on the ultimate challenge to all Pokémon Trainers. True, he had several years, even decades of happiness with Chara until either could begin to think about retirement, but he was in the ideal years of his youth now...

"Well, it looks like I've done all I can for now." Nurse Joy said, standing up with her Chansey. "It's very clear that he's not completely numb to the pain. I'll see if we can get some strong medicine to help ease it."

2PrKxsr.png

Wanna find me on Discord? Aron The Aron #4949

PS4 User? Send a friend request saying you're from FF to Aron the Aron!

• ((Totally know how you feel man, I hope you get better soon it definitely sucks))

Sel nodded at Nurse Joy's words, bowing her head in thanks, "I'm sure both Cobalt and Chara would appreciate that. I'll let Chara know about his recovery when she returns. Thank you for your help."

Once Nurse Joy and her Chancey were gone, she sat back down in the seat by the Lucario's bed. Seeing his solemn expression, Sel gave a sympathetic smile and wondered what she could do to brighten his mood.

• Swinging his legs over the side of his bed, CoBalt propped himself to sit upright after Nurse Joy excused herself. It was refreshing to have changed bandages, but the tightness still left a strange sense of vulnerability that lingered. His tough (but not entirely fireproof) fur made him feel secure, and there was the added bonus of being a personal pillow when Chara felt like cuddling. Without it, Sel could see the outline of his lean chest and waist. Cobalt was idly staring ahead, lost in his personal thoughts to pay attention to his surroundings

2PrKxsr.png

• "Woah there," Sel said, rushing to the Lucario's side. Without thinking, she put her hands to his chest in an effort to push him back to his bed. Without the spike that would normally be there on any other Lucario, Sel felt the hard muscles of his chest and blushed furiously, quickly removing her hands. Clearing her throat, she tried speaking instead, "What're you doing? You can't get out of bed you're still on bed rest. You should be moving as little as possible, you could accidentally tear your skin by moving too much."

• Cobalt growled sourly when Sel tried to push him back down onto the bed, but he relented after a pause and laid back. She had his best interests in mind, but he was getting antsy. He was not like a Snorlax who could comfortably get by without moving for hours on end. He needed to move around at some point!

2PrKxsr.png

• Sel heaved a sigh when Cobalt relented and laid back down. Sitting back in her own chair, she crossed her arms over her chest and leaned back, "I know, I know. You're used to getting in on all of the action, and I'm sure sitting around like this for so long must be mind numbing. But you need to heal first, and that requires you staying still so as not to cause more damage. As soon as you're fit enough, we'll get you moving around. Just, be patient. Chara won't be happy if you end up hurting yourself more because of your stubbornness."

• (Sounds like it's a good segue to transition over to Chara. For now I've done all I can with Cobalt without moving him out of the room, so how about we focus on the other half of the couple?)

2PrKxsr.png

• ((Sounds good!))

Chara watched closely as Collin's Swampert rushed at Sceptile, she was remaining patient and trying to get her timing right.

The Swampert intended to use Hammer Arm, and Sceptile stood his ground, awaiting Chara's command.

At the last second, when the opposing Pokemon's arm glowed as it raised it for the attack, the Trainer called, "Dodge! Use Leaf Blade!"

Sceptile jumped above the Ground/Water Type and away from the attack, taking advantage of the other Pokemon's surprise and coming down on it with Leaf Blade.

• It was an empty feeling that followed Chara around as she focused her mind on the current training session with Colin; no matter how hard she tried to ignore it, the lack of Cobalt's ever-close presence was a conspicuous void that was ebbing at the back of her thoughts. Sceptile was doing swimmingly along with the rest of her team, doing predictably well against a Pokémon with a double weakness against Grass Types; the practice was sharpening the team up to the imaginary standard most Champions had, but her aura of invincibility was going to be thoroughly tested by Diantha and her Gardevoir. She was just as much an icon of Kalos as Chara was of Unova, and rumors often floated around the actress that she could command her Partner with eye contact alone, just like Chara's lack of need to verbally command Cobalt...

And while Chara was preoccupied, Sceptile started to goof around again, making crude and humourous taunts at his fellow Hoenn Starter while his Trainer wasn't looking. Hey, old habits die hard, okay?

2PrKxsr.png

• Swampert, having had enough of the Sceptile's taunting, went rogue and began chasing the Grass Type, not using any moves to attack, but lashing out with its arms in an attempt to land a hit.

"Hey!" Collin called, "Swampert, stop! What're you doing?"

Chara face palmed as her Sceptile danced around the Swampert's attacks, literally, laughing at its fruitless attempts.

"Sceptile would you stop goofing off?" Chara called, getting a bit annoyed. They were supposed to be training seriously, but like always he was taking it as a joke. She had to admit, she was surprised he'd lasted as long as he had without causing an incident.

• Blowing childish raspberries and skittering around like a Spinarak wasn't painting Sceptile the prettiest portrait to Colin or his Swampert. Thank Arceus that they had picked a quiet place to train and spar; the Grass Type would've drawn a sorts of attention to himself in his bout of stupidity. Swampert was beyond controlling, churning the temporary arena into a mess amid Colin's failures to rein it in. That's not adding Sceptile's constant provocation, descending everything into further chaos.

2PrKxsr.png

• Chara groaned. What was wrong with her Pokemon? Did she have any that were even remotely normal-acting? Only being able to think of one that could put Sceptile in his place, she took out the PokeBall and tossed it, "Milotic, get him in line!"

The Water Type emerged, looking furious as she glared at the Grass Type before releasing a Hydro Pump at the offending Pokemon involved in her Trainer's current headache.

• Hydro Pump wasn't discriminate. Hydro Pump didn't care about type effectiveness or any of that complicated stuff; when it'd hit, it'd hit like a train. Sceptile learned that fact the hard way by being sent across the length of the arena, tumbling and crashing like a sack of potatoes the whole way. Quite the beautiful piece of work if Milotic stopped to admire her handiwork, but that only solved half of the problem.

There was still the out-of-control Swampert Colin was desperately trying to calm down...

2PrKxsr.png

• Collin groaned as his Swampert continued to rage on, trying to go after the Sceptile that had been temporarily subdued.

With her job done, Chara returned Milotic to her Pokeball. Before Swampert could get to her Grass Type Pokemon, the Trainer called back Sceptile into his Pokeball in hopes with him out of the way, the other Pokemon would calm down.

• Like flipping a switch, Sceptile's recall made Swampert revert and become docile. To Colin's unending frustration, Chara had basically resolved the whole situation herself, which kinda made him look bad in the eyes of the nonexistent onlookers. On the bright side, things couldn't get worse when there weren't any Pokémon on the field.

"You need to get your Sceptile in line..." Colin grumbled with crossed arms. He was cross that his own Swampert had so easily been provoked by Chara's Pokémon, he inwardly suspected that he might've also had some of that blame.

2PrKxsr.png

• Chara rose an eyebrow at the other Trainer, who was obviously in a mood due to the Pokemon's little fiasco. She knew how Sceptile could be, and had to admit it was hard to keep him in line at times. However, Collin's Swampert was the one that lost its temper and couldn't be controlled. Sceptile had just been goofing off.

Shaking her head, she instead said lightly, "Your Swampert needs a bit more training. I could help you with that, you know." She smirked tauntingly. And people wondered where her Pokemon got their mischievousness from...

• Colin rolled his eyes and grumbled as he recalled his Swampert back into a Pokéball. "Yeah, yeah; I don't doubt that Miss Champion. Let's change topics to something else before you blow the rest of my ego." He said, fishing a small water bottle to sip out of. "Maybe we can start with getting back to your Lucario; Arceus knows how worried you can be if he's not within arm's reach of you. How'd he get so strong anyway? Way I see it, he could take on a Legendary Pokémon and probably win."

2PrKxsr.png

• Chara hesitated at Collin's comment about Cobalt. Shaking her head, she forced a chuckle, "Years and years of training together, Collin. He was my first Pokemon, after all. We've been through everything together during all of that time, it's the bond between a Trainer and their Pokemon that helps solidify that will to be better for each other; to try harder at everything."

• "Yeah, but training and a bond can't possibly explain that Lucario!" Colin complained as he and Chara left the empty lot. "I saw that news report from Kalos about how he beat over 80 Pokémon after Mega Evolving. In one battle. (Reference to earlier: Private with anc) A normal Pokémon can't do that, not even a quarter of what he did! He's like some force of nature or something..."

2PrKxsr.png