there's no comfort in the truth [BC returning Cedarpaw; o]

The winners of the August Spotlight Contest have been picked! They are as follows: Writing goes to Poisonberry and Art goes to Madster! Congratulations!
Come check out our September Spotlight Contest!
Our monthly gatherings are up and are as follows: Leader, Medic, and Official!
  • // so jasperstar, Cedarpaw dropped a fake name and Cal is gonna ask for an exchange for 'Leafheart' the non-existent warrior. Cals gonna be pissed oml <3 Although I don't want to return him because roleplaying with upieces is so great!

Caledon had kidnapped a Windclan apprentice to get some information that the kid just did not have. Instead of killing him, Cal decides to return him. Only to be challenged by an inferior for being 'soft' of course Cal puts the ballsy Inferior in his place but of course continues on with his plan to return him. Here he was now, nearing the border of Windclan with Blood covering his paw yet none of it belonged to Cedarpaw. In fact, he hadn't even scratched the young lad. "alright, maybe I can exchange you for this....Leafheart" he wondered, eyeing the tom. He would soon find out that Cedarpaw had lied. "Be a good lad and lay on your side so I don't have to hurt you. I need you as a hostage....If you want this Leafheart out of your fur we are doing eachother favors." he offered the tom a smile. CEDARPAW   JasperStar  

• "Ah, I remember you", the senior warrior meowed as he arrived, tilting his head slightly. Even though he didn't like Cedarpaw, he would do pretty much anything to get him back to Windclan. Even if it meant dying himself. He remembered Caledon from the battle, and he remembered beating him, be it with a little luck. He was certainly a worthy opponent. "What do you want? Am I mistaken to think that you're not going to just 'give him back'?", he meowed, curiously watching the male's movements. With Cedar at his paws, there was little he could do without risking the apprentice's life. And in all honesty, Caledon had earned some respect during that battle.

• *:・゚✦ -- //hey cland! guess who it is *wink wonk*

Daypaw pricked his ears as he heard an unfamiliar voice. This was not an uncommon occurrence, seeing as how he didn't know very many of his Clanmates that well. However, an unfamiliar scent was soon to follow the voice, followed by the scent of a cat he did recognize. Cedarpaw. Daypaw didn't know the tom -- he merely knew of him. But he was one of the very few cats that Day did want to get to know, he abandoned his hunt and sprinted in the direction that the sounds and smells were coming from.

He halted as he saw a strange tom standing over Cedar. A frown instantly overcame his tabby features as the smell of the city and blood wafted from the foreigner. His fur bushed, making him seem double his size, and he stalked forward, unsheathing his claws and bearing his teeth into a snarl.

"Let my Clanmate go, you stinking piece of rat guts!" He growled, lashing his tabby tail behind him. "What do you want, you no-good pile of beaver brains?! This is WindClan territory, and you don't belong here!"

His light jade orbs flicked down to the BloodClanner's paws, noticing the blood staining his claws. But he wasn't intimidated. Instead, his eyes quickly grazed over Cedarpaw, taking not even a split-second to asses the tom for wounds. Nothing major, just an injured paw. From what Day could see, anyways.

"What did you to him?!" He snapped with a snarl, digging his daggers into the ground. "I swear to StarClan, if you hurt my Clanmate..." He trailed, instead letting the enemy cat's imagination guess what the angry apprentice would do BloodClanner.

*:・゚✦ I KNOW WHAT IT IS

TO BE THE SPARE

| trad. windclan | tags | ic opinions | played by max - |

• JasperStar came upon the situation, his hackles bristling angrily. The BloodClan tom had Cedarpaw pinned, clearly holding him hostage. Pushing forward, he let out a low growl. He'd have to be careful though, a wrong move could mean the apprentice's death. "What do you want with our apprentice?" Had he come to demand territory? Prey?

JasperStar| Male| 26 Moons. Ages however | Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Best ability: Deep thinker, realist, slightly ADHD| Extrovert, thrives in crowds, nervous alone| Worst quality: curious about everything, doesn't like being 'cooped up', has a hatred for BloodClan| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Lives: 8/9

Played by Jadefeather12

• [ ooc ] ah, thanks!! it's amazing roleplaying with you, too :))

Cedarpaw tried to suppress his worry as Caledon suggested trading him for Leafheart, who obviously didn't exist. If it came to a fight, Caledon would probably kill him because, as Caledon had put it, he'd already spared Cedarpaw's life two times already, and Cedarpaw wasn't going to push for three times.

"Uh, okay.." He said, following Caledon's command and lying on his side. He didn't get why he had to do this, but he wasn't going to test Caledon's patience. He hadn't been on the ground for long when Bearstorm arrived, followed closely by Daypaw and Jasperstar. When all three of them began getting defensive and sounding fairly protective of him or whatever, Cedarpaw was surprised. Mostly because Bearstorm and Jasperstar seemed like they wanted to save him.

The tom turned his eyes to Daypaw who seemed fairly agitated. "I'm not hurt." Cedarpaw promised. "No open wounds or anything. Just an aching paw." He hadn't ever really interacted with Daypaw, but the other male seemed pretty cool, honestly.

I'VE GOT RAGE EVERY DAY, ON THE INSIDE

BQjQgcN.gif

pinterest | windclan | tags/hub | played by upieces | all opinions ic

• // Oh man my memory, I feel terrible </3 :/

it should go without saying lol All IC opinions ... especially with caledon.

Cal's eyes narrowed to slits as Bearstorm arrived. Oh yes! he remembered how he had met the tom in battle. The first cat he would ever consider his match, shared the same opinion unbeknownst to both of them, that Bearstorm had earned his respect. Bearstorm's question was just moments from an answer, when Daypaw arrived. A loudmouth no less, and through even narrower eyes he bore witness to the jaws in which the ballsy insults chose to slip from.

"Calm down madam, you'll frighten the child" he purred mockingly towards the frantic tom, shaking his head as he chuckled. "Thank you for stating the obvious, I'd hate to forget that I was in Windclan and didn't belong here" he soon added, giggling lightly now. "What did I do to him?" he couldn't stop chuckling so it in turn received no answer. "Someone shut him up before I strangle his mother for ever bestowing such stupidity onto this planet" Cal scrunched up the rest of his half-torn lip into a challenging snarl. "If so much as your shit-stink breath meets my nose, I'll carve out his trachea...Are we at an understanding?" The tyrant growled menacingly, raising a paw of outstretched talons and attempted to press them against Cedarpaw's neck.

Ah, Jasperstar. His snarl ebbed away, yet the amusement returned as the low growl from the leader met his ears. "Not a damn thing" he cleared his throat. "But, there is someone I do want....in exchange for your little....Cedarpaw." he continued, glancing slyly at the tabby. "Leafheart, I desire mister or perhaps miss Leafheart" he

• JasperStar was instantly wondering how he'd gotten a sore paw, had he been tortured in BloodClan? Most likely... JasperStar wanted to pounce on the BloodClanner right now, but that would surely mean Cedarpaw's death.. So what does he want?

Leafheart? JasperStar was perplexed by this request, and glanced at Cedarpaw in confusion. but... There is no Leafheart in WindClan. Was this a trick? How should he reply? Did The BloodClan tom think he was telling the truth, or was he up to something? "Well..." He paused, trying to gain time. If the BloodClan tom really was looking for Leafheart, what would happen when he found out there wasn't one?

JasperStar| Male| 26 Moons. Ages however | Windclan| Leader| Bisexual| Brother of deceased Ferret| Best ability: Deep thinker, realist, slightly ADHD| Extrovert, thrives in crowds, nervous alone| Worst quality: curious about everything, doesn't like being 'cooped up', has a hatred for BloodClan| PM for capture, major injuries, or possible death|

Played by Jadefeather12

• *:・゚✦ -- //its lil bunz here :3 at least, his roleplayer, anyways

Daypaw nodded as Cedarpaw replied that he just had a sore paw. But that stinking BloodClanner had hurt one of his Clanmates, and he swore to StarClan, he would pay for it.

And when the tuxedo went on making insults at him and such, his fur bristled along his spine and his tail lashed more than ever. Could he not see that he was a freaking tom?! Stupid, no good city rat. His curled his lip, baring his teeth and snarling.

However much he wanted to, Daypaw could not speak. For if he did, then Cedarpaw could get killed.

And then the son of rat's butt went on about some dumb cat named Leafheart. Daypaw's scowl grew as it morphed into one of confusion. Sure, he wasn't friends with all -- or even any -- of his Clanmates, but he knew all of them by name and reputation. And this 'Leafheart' didn't exist. Not in WindClan, anyways.

He briefly glanced over at Jasperstar to see how the leader would react. He seemed confused and puzzled, as well, trying to figure out how to approach the situation.

Daypaw then shot the other apprentice a questioning look, trying to ask, 'Uh, what the heck did you tell this cat?!'

TO BE THE SPARE

• "I'd hate to break the bad news to you, but I know nothing of a Windclanner called Leafhart", if no one was going to be honest, then he would. He was known for being straight to the point, and for his loud voice, and he wasn't planning on waiting. Except for now, as he was curious to see the reaction. Clearly Cedarpaw had told a lie or something, or maybe the Bloodclanner's ears didn't work so well anymore. Knowing Cedar, it was probably the former. "Maybe he was talking about a different cat?", he proposed, tilting his head slightly as he spoke. "A certain 'rank' in the clan, perhaps? Senior warrior, deputy, medicine cat, medicine cat apprentice?", he stopped, deciding to wait for a response first. He wasn't sure how this would end, but he had a feeling it would have to do with unsheathed claws. Hopefully not, though.

• // my god....your cheating on Bootifam lol jkjk I knew I recognized the writing!

>> gonna wait for Cedarpaw because he gonna be like

"oops" o.o damn bearstorm, gonna get a brotha killed jkjk XD

• *:・゚✦ -- Great. Daypaw was instantly reminded of Bearstorm's presence as the tom spoke up. But not only did it seem like the warrior was following him around, but he had just risked a Clanmate's life!

"Are you daft?!" He hissed to the maine coon. "You're going to get Cedarpaw killed, you fat oaf!" His tail lashed and his lips curled to reveal his teeth, his anger now more intense than ever.

Sure. Day didn't like or get along well with most (actually any) of his Clanmates -- however, he didn't want any of them dead. Well, maybe a couple, but he would never say that out loud.

He turned back to the BloodClanner. "What's your name, anyways?" He pestered with a deep scowl. "'Cause I've just been calling you dog-breath in my head."

He smirked to himself at the not-so-hidden insult. Hey, Day liked to insult people, and this trespasser was the perfect cat to take his anger out on.

TO BE THE SPARE

• [ ooc ] i don't have any muse rn but i'll give a shite post so y'all aren't waiting on me forever because i won't be online for the next two days

Cedarpaw's ears flattened when Caledon's class pressed against his neck, hearing a low growl beginning to creep its way out of his mouth. Caledon asked for 'Learheart', obviously oblivious to the fact that this was a made up name. Jasperstar and Daypaw sent Cedarpaw confused looks - Crap,Cedadpaw was thinking - but Bearstorm just started yakking about how there was no Leafheart and blah, blah, blah. Daypaw began hissing at Bearstorm, and Cedarpaw glanced up at Caledon uneasily. Should he get ready to run, then? That might be a good idea.

I'VE GOT RAGE EVERY DAY, ON THE INSIDE

BQjQgcN.gif

pinterest | windclan | tags/hub | played by upieces | all opinions ic

• JasperStar could tell that Cedarpaw hadn't been truthful to the BloodClan tom to persuade him to bring him back. So what do we do.. The tom surely won't take this well...

//mwahahahaha sleepy post

Played by Jadefeather12

• If it wasn't Bearstorm's words, it was Daypaw's to confirm his suspicion. Instantly, the rest of his lip curled into a snarl and looking down he wanted so badly to just squeeze the life out of the little brat. Only slightly distracted as he was asked his name. "Caledon" he snapped his name, a growl following as he attempted to calm himself down. "Ironic, I was just calling you a potential snack in mine" he flashed back, posing as a cannibal was fun. It was twisted, Cal would never do it but hell.

So, Leafheart was made up. Oh well, he knew who to target now. It will just take time. Now he was juggling the idea of whether to just gut this little pig and make a run for it. Leaning closer to Cedarpaw's ear, "make it three" with that, he removed his paw and attempted to throw the brat at his clanmates. Before dissappearing into the forest he would pause, "I'll remember you" he would chuckle towards Daypaw.

• //Have to stay to his persona after all ^^

As Caledon fled, Bearstorm just shot Daypaw a questioning look. "You were saying something about Cedarpaw getting killed?", he asked, tilting his head slightly before shrugging. "You might not know, but by insulting him, you were putting Cedarpaw in danger as well. Not everyone has some sort of respect like Caledon has. And before you even start about me knowing him, I battled him when Bloodclan attacked Riverclan and we went to support them. You can learn a lot about someone by fighting them. But you wouldn't know that, of course, as the only fights you've ever gotten into were verbal ones", he meowed, lashing his tail before turning around and padding back to camp. He'd had enough, and he needed to keep calm.

• *:・゚✦ -- DANG day got ROASTED imao XD

Daypaw snorted as the tom -- Caledon, was his name, Day now knew -- replied to his question. He liked how snarky the piebald was -- it was amusing.

But at the same time, the tabby hated being insulted, and that had been a slander that Cal had snapped at him.

Just then, the BloodClanner released Cedarpaw and ran. Without a second thought, Daypaw leaped into action, sprinting after the tom. However, he stopped in his tracks as Caledon turned around and said, "I'll remember you," before disappearing into the forest.

"Molten piles of beaver dung!" He snarled, cursing to himself. "We lost him!" He turned back around and rejoined the group of WindClanners. Day arrived just in time to hear Bearstorm's rant.

"Me?!" He asked in genuine shock and anger. "You were the one that totally gave away Cedarpaw's cover! Do you not know how to put two and two together and take a hint?!"

And then, it was like the warrior had read his mind. Day had been opening his mouth, about to accuse the tom of mingling with the enemy, before Bearstorm explained the situation, with a strong hint of anger laced in his voice.

"Pfft. I can fight better than you, you lummoxed moron!" He snapped in response as Bearstorm turned around and began stomping back towards camp.

Argh, how that tom got on his nerves! It was like it the tabby's goal in life to piss Daypaw off! Growling to himself, he watched with a lashing tail as the older tom retreated.

TO BE THE SPARE

• //ag I wanna reply, but my day was soooo busy DX night

Played by Jadefeather12