You're the King and I'm a Lionheart//Open, SkyClan Deputy on the Border

Looking for high quality art of your character at a reasonable price? Go to Archeron's shop!
The winners of the August Spotlight Contest have been picked! They are as follows: Writing goes to Poisonberry and Art goes to Madster! Congratulations!
Come check out our September Spotlight Contest!
Our monthly gatherings are up and are as follows: Leader, Medic, and Official!
Looking for a traditional clan that causes some chaos w/ the baddest characters around? Check out BloodClan! We have a diversity of characters & a warm ooc environment.

• It hadn't been long since Minnownose had come across her old friend at Fourtrees. It had been so long that she had seen Jenga that it was like seeing a ghost. But in the best of ways. They had caught up with each other about their current lives-Minnownose's promotion and Jenga's soon-to-be family. It made Minnownose feel better than she had in moons, to reconnect.

Minnownose now strolled just past the ShadowClan border. The tabby usually wasn't one for breaking border codes, but thought maybe it was a good occassion. From her basic knowledge of time, Minnownose could guess that Jenga has had her kits and enough time as passed to visit. Technically, Minnownose had a direct invitation from the former loner. If not, she could sweet talk her way close enough for her friend to vouch for her. Besides, she had to get back home and make sure Wheatpaw didn't eat anything strange while she was gone. In and out, ten minute visit, easy peasy.

As she approached the camp, she decided to make herself known. "Hello? This is Minnownose from SkyClan. Coming in peace and all that!"

//in which Minnownose is disconnected from the world and doesn't know

• Loving you, it’s explosive

Octavia / Shadowclan senior warrior / female [♀] / survivor

Steady. Ready. POUNCE! With heavy paws she ladened her kill with pure ease, snapping its neck in a swift motion. Octavia loved to hunt, even if she wasn't as good as many others, but she did it mostly to pass the time.

She was about to head back when an unfamiliar voice called from the border. The Skyclan border to be more specific.

Quickly she dug a hole and dropped her catch in there, planning on returning to retrieve it once she had investigated the border.

Upon seeing the Deputy she nodded in greeting. "Greetings. Octavia, Shadowclan senior warrior. And what do I own the pleasure?"

"Speech"

giphy.gif

*:??? I'M A PRINCESS CUT FROM MARBLE,

SMOOTHER THEN A STORM *:???

— Apprentice | voice claim | 12 moons | Trad. Shadowclan | TAGS

• mustangheart ☆ ☆ ☆

Mustangheart watches from afar as Octavia catches her prey, pleased that the younger senior warrior seemed to have grown into a fine cat indeed. They had gotten off to a rocky start, but as Mustangheart had been in the clan for longer she had come to admire Octavias' style as it were. So entraced is she by looking at the warrior hunt she startles at Minnownoses' call from the border.

Following quickly after Octavia, Mustangheart dips her head to the Skyclan deputy. "Mustangheart, fellow senior warrior." Is her greeting, not going to repeat Octavias' question.

00bf7f101f82f08c2fb3cd150714019a.gif

mustangheart x 24 moons x shadowclan 

• // oh god Wheatpaw is a trad. board meme now haha

▹Next to arrive was Mudfall, his golden eyes scanning every inch of land in which he placed his paws until he reached the Skyclan deputy. What could be goin' on in Skyclan? he wondered as he waited for the senior warriors to introduce themselves first before he spoke up. "Sometin' wrong wit' Skyclan? Is it that dang Bloodclan again?" he blurted, irritated already with his assumption.

• //Wheatpaw being Minnownose's adoptive son is the worst thing to ever happen to her until she finds out her pal kicked the bucket in like 45 seconds

Minnownose dips her head in respect as three ShadowClan cats appeared from the woodwork. Literally. She wasn't intimidated by being outnumbered in the least, she still had her good mood. Kits! Even if they were from ShadowClan and technically a SkyClan cat shouldn't be this excited, she was. She had just reconnected with Jenga. How could she not be happy?

"It's good to meet you," Minnownose replies, her voice warm. She shakes her head at the question. The thought of BloodClan doing something to SkyClan made her skin crawl. Hopefully those brutes could hold off for half a second before she got back. "No, not BloodClan, thankfully. SkyClan is well at the moment. Actually, I was hear because word in the forest is Lionsighted and Jenga had their kits. I had run into Jenga not too long ago-long story short, we go way back. I was just hoping for permission to come see them kits? You know how it is, wanting to make sure all is well! If all of you will allow it, of course."

• Jaggedkit had snuck after the other warriors, and soon spotted a SkyClan she cat at the border. Wonder why she's here! Bounding forwards, not caring about being sneaky anymore, Jaggedkit meowed "Hi! I'm Jaggedkit! What're you doing here? Is something wrong? Can I help?" More often then not, the black and brown kit couldn't help the flow of questions she got when meeting new cats.

Jaggedkit| Daughter of JengaxLionsighted| 3 moons| Sister to Calmkit and Brokenkit| Inherited her mother's curiosity, and loves to explore| Wants her dad to be happy| Was infrequently visited by her mother's spirit, until Jenga was reincarnated| Has a large patch of brown fur all arounf her chest area.

Played by Jadefeather12

• Loving you, it’s explosive

Octavia / Shadowclan senior warrior / female [♀] / survivor

Octavia stood still as she listened to the Skyclan warrior speak. When she spoke of Jenga, her ears lay flat on her head, a look of shock and slight confusion on her face. She hadn't herd? Why did it have to be Octavia to spill the bad news.

Taking in a sharp breath she began. "Oh you haven't herd. Jenga sadly passed away during her kiting. All the kits are alright, thriving. Lionsighted is handling it best he can, but he is hurt" she said with a slight dip of her head as she remember the day it all happened.

Seeing Jaggedkit bounced forward she aimed to pin his tiny tail on the forest floor. "Heres one of the kits now. Jaggedkit what have we told you about leaving camp?"

"Speech"

giphy.gif

*:??? I'M A PRINCESS CUT FROM MARBLE,

SMOOTHER THEN A STORM *:???

— Apprentice | voice claim | 12 moons | Trad. Shadowclan | TAGS

• Jaggedkit flattened her ears sheepishly. "Weeeeell... You told me I shouldn't, not that I couldn't." Pretty much a lie, but Jaggedkit was sure it was the truth from some point in time. She'd arrived just in time to miss the mention of her mother, and didn't know quite yet why Octavia looked a little down.

Jaggedkit| Daughter of JengaxLionsighted| 3 moons| Sister to Calmkit and Brokenkit| Inherited her mother's curiosity, and loves to explore| Wants her dad to be happy| Was infrequently visited by her mother's spirit, until Jenga was reincarnated| Has a large patch of brown fur all arounf her chest area.

Played by Jadefeather12

• il_570xN.325805869.jpg

LIONSIGHTED

"I'm all alone in this fight with my demons...."

-------------------------------------------

OOC:

IC: "Jaggedkit!"

His voice would caterwaul after her, just as her tail vanished out of the camp.

Half eaten mouse forgotten, he leaped after her attempting to catch her before she got too far.

Which failed....

He found her scent leading him to a border, and soon the scent of SkyClan and other ShadowClan warriors reached his muzzle.

He took in the sights, of an Octavia holding a persistent Jaggedkit's tail down, and heard he saying something about being able to go out of camp?

"What if a fox or badger were to carry you off?? Or an owl?? Owls would do anything to have a kit in their talons!" He mewed, pulling her closer and for now ignoring everyone else around him. He was shaking at the thought of losing yet another family member.

Of course he hasn't been seeing Brokenkit or Calmkit around lately, at that alone was scaring him...

Lionsighted| 45 moons|Warrior// Father to Jaggedkit, Calmkit, And [Brokenkit]//ShadowClan

• Minnownose's breath caught in her chest as she heard the news. No! Minnownose couldn't believe it. The warrior had seemed fine when she had last seen her. She wondered if it was unexpected or if Jenga had been ill, but kept the questions to herself. Minnownose dips her head in grief at the news, wishing she had heard earlier. Not that it was anyone's fault but her own, but still.

She seemed so excited to be a mother, too. "I-I'm sorry to hear that," Minnownose chokes out, realizing she hadn't said anything, "Jenga was a great cat."

Amusement attempts to shove its way through her grief as one of the kits appears, clearly unaware of the conversation they had just had. "I'm from SkyClan, my name's Minnownose. Though Octavia is right, you shouldn't be out of camp."

As Lionsighted appears, frantic about the kit being out of camp. Minnownose had never really spoken to him before, but her heart went out to him. Even if he was listing off the list of things that could harry young Jaggedkit off into the night. Minnownose waits for his rant to end before she gives him a respectful nod of greeting.

• "minnowno-" sweetrose began to greet her old feiend, who she'd recently reconnected with herself, quite warmly - right up until she realized the subject of the talk.

oh.

"it was... a sad day, to say the least." the deputy agreed, feeling heavy with the memory. back when jenga was still alive and well, when they were both queens expecting children.

eyes shifting to jaggedkit, she smiled at the girl, knowing full and well that scolding never worked - not when her adoptive daughter was a kitten, not now. the fem took great care not to think about featherpaw.

"congratulations, you found the border. bet you the best mouse in the freshkill pile you can't find your way back to camp?" she challenged, hoping the girl would take her bait. it would probably be the easiest way out of trouble. clearly, she wouldn't be allowed to stay - and the deputy might be the only one who would let her off easy.

taking it slow, but it's not typical

he already knows that my love is fire

• Jaggedkit huffed as her father came bounding over, bundling her close and stating all the terrible things that could've happened to her. But badgers are stupid, and owls only come out at night! Still, she was glad he seemed to be feeling better, and felt a bit bad about causing him grief.

Whoever the SkyClan she cat was, she seemed kinda sad too, and Jaggedkit wished she'd stop finding grown ups who were sad. It made her chest feel funny, like there was a gaping hole in it, to know that sometimes not even grown ups had the answers to all problems. "Hi Minnownose. I'm Jaggedkit." She meowed in a cheery tone, hoping to rub off on the she cat.

Jaggedkit's eyes widened as Sweetrose challenged her. If I could find my way here, of course I could find my way back! And the prospect of a mouse on return wasn't too bad either, she was getting a bit hungry. I'll follow my own scent back, or maybe Dad's.. "You're on! See you there!" She exclaimed, turning and tromping into the foliage, her nose to the ground to track her way back.

Played by Jadefeather12

• upon catching the scent of skyclan, nightstar couldn't help but be curious. they were allies with skyclan, but then again, they weren't really anything to skyclan; skyclan and shadowclan tended to remain separate. however, he had no complaints with them, as they were generally agreeable and kind, and nightstar figured perhaps he would go to skyclan with sweetrose and perhaps discuss an alliance with them at some point after they'd cut off connections with bloodclan.

greetings minnownose, the raven-furred tom meowed thoughtfully as he settled himself between mustangheart and sweetrose. what brings you to our neck of the woods?

TELL ME ALL ABOUT THE ASTRONAUTS YOU'VE COME TO LOVE

—— tags | and how the earth looks from above ・゚✦

• Minnownose gives the ShadowClan leader and deputy respectful nods of greeting as they join the scene. It hadn't occurred to her that so many of her old companions had settled in ShadowClan. Fascinating.

"I'm sure it was. I'm in shock to hear such news," Minnownose replied. The tabby is about to go on, to explain herself to Nightstar, but pauses for a moment. Amusement glows in her eyes as Jaggedkit tears off towards where she assumes the camp is after a challenge from Sweetrose. Minnownose really didn't want to repeat everything infront of the poor thing, she didn't need that. Just look at how happy she is.

The deputy lets out a sigh as she answers Nightstar, "Apparently nothing good, Nightstar. I had been told by Jenga of her pregnancy, and had stopped by to wish her well. But it sounds like the good wishes are much too late. I'm sorry for such a tragedy, she was a good cat."

• nightstar simply pursed his lips. yes, jenga was a valued shadowclan member; her presence is greatly missed, the young leader admitted. how are things over in skyclan?

TELL ME ALL ABOUT THE ASTRONAUTS YOU'VE COME TO LOVE

—— tags | and how the earth looks from above ・゚✦