Your dashboard should look something relatively like this.
The left side:
On the left side of the screen, we have the live chat. Anyone can post in this chat with urgent questions and FeralFront members are sure to answer you quickly. Underneath the chat is the activity throughout the whole site, but if you follow members you can filter it to only watch the activity of those. You can follow members by going to their profile page.
The right side:
The right side consists of important info. For example, we have the montly server pay goal. Besides that is online staff members who will most likely give you the quickest response. If you can wait, I'd suggest PMing a different staff member if it's not urgent! Next is the statistics. These statistics show how active the site and it's members are.
The main page for members should look like this. On the main page you can view our newest members, most active members, and search for members.
Recent activities: Recent activities is the equivalent of unread/opened posts, but with opened/read posts included.
Users online: Explanatory name, but here are some tips. If you don't want to be counted as online you can change your status to offline in your profile settings.
Staff: You can view the current line of staff for Feralfront.
User search: Here is an advanced user search, unlike the one on the main members page. Here you can search for members with similar hobbies, a specific Skype/Twitter name, or someone with a specific location.
Unread Thread List: These are threads in FeralFront that you haven't viewed. You can mark these as read by clicking on the check mark the top right.
Watched Thread List: Threads you have posted in. You can unwatch threads by clicking on the boxes to the right, which checks them, and then go to the bottom and press 'unwatch all'.
Here is the Community Center. Here you can meet new friends, ask questions, plot with others, and share your art.
- Welcoming Board and Friend Finder: New to the site? Need some friends? Check this board out to find someone with your common interests.
The Help Den: Forum questions, ideas, and feedback
- Announcements: Site-wide announcements that are not within the header.
- Staff request board: Need staff or have a glitch you need to report?
- Support center: Have some personal problems? Hit this board up for some advice or have a resource to spill your feelings into.
- The Library: Site resources, such as medicine guides or a guide to creating an original character.
- Roleplaying Resources: Anything roleplay!
General Board: This board is for anything that is not included within the other boards listed.
- Chaos: Anything can go here.
- Art, Writers, and Graphic Designers: This is commonly used for commissions, premade avatars, and coding for post templates.
- Books, TV Shows, Video Games, and Other Entertainment: Before posting your writing or art here, please check out this thread if you're unfamiliar with copyright laws.
- College: Need some school advice or some help planning out your future? Head here.
This is for roleplays that don't fit the main game, such as human, fantasy, or sci-fi roleplays.
- Anime, TV and Movie Based RPGs:
- Magic, Supernatural and Apocalyptic RPGs:
- Other Roleplaying:
- OOC Discussion:
Traditional Warriors RP: This section is for the traditional roleplay of Warriors. This does not include powers and extinct animals. Please check out the rules before posting.
- The Sanctuary:
- The Blackheart Rogues:
- Sanguine Ruins:
- Shadow Veil:
- The Thunderlands:
- The Renegades:
- Elysian Hills:
- The Rift:
- The Frontier:
- The Black Isles
- The District:
- The Empire
- The Knights of Eden
- The Cartel:
- Official Group Roleplay/Boards:
- Unofficial Groups and Loner Lands:
This is the gallery! Similar to Deviantart, you can view others art and explore the talent others have to offer.
The left side: You'll find the newest pieces added.
The right side: You'll find categories, latest comments, and tags.
Albums: Here you can view your own, and other's, albums of photos. They are commonly used to sort character art.
New Images: These are your images that you haven't viewed. You can mark these as read by clicking on the check mark the top right.
Your inventory consists of borders similar to this. Warning: if you choose a border, you cannot remove it till you click around the site to find an item called 'message sidebar remover'.
The Merchandise Store is where you can buy FeralFront themed items. Currently we only have small items in stock, but in the future there is plans to add more.
Your control panel consists of two things: your settings and your community profile.
Clicking on either of these options lead you to see your profile.
- Customization: [pencil logo]
- Edit profile: Here you can add a description about yourself, a custom user title that goes underneath your avatar, your pronouns/gender, birthday, location, hobbies, and your contact information.
- Avatar management: Add an avatar for your account.
- Search for content by ____: [magnifying glass] Search specifically for content by this user. This is often used to find a thread they made in the past.
- Vote to ban user. [circle with cross section]
- Recent activity
- About me
- ____ follows: People the user follows.
- ____'s followers: People that follow this user.
This is the same option as 'edit profile' that is contained under 'customization' on your profile. Here you can add a description about yourself, a custom user title that goes underneath your avatar, your pronouns/gender, birthday, location, hobbies, and your contact information.
- Account management: Here you can manage your email, password, and you have the option to delete your account.
- Avatar: This an option to change your avatar. The base requirement for an avatar is 128x128 and it cannot be over 100kb.
- Signature: This is what goes under your posts. You can use it to advertise litters or threads your hosting. Even listing the characters you play or having something matching your avatar would look amazing.
- General: You can change your style of layout of the site and manage your time zone here, along with other things.
- Privacy: Here you can change your privacy settings. This includes your online status, profile viewing, and conversation/email settings.
- Notifications: You can change your notification options for galleries, bookmarks, forums, conversations, user profiles, and credits.
- Paid subscriptions: Signing up for a monthly donation to FeralFront would help our site a ton. Any donation counts! Buying credits or merchandise also helps.
- Profile customization: Using CSS, you can personalize your profile. You can also import a MP3 file for your profile music.
- Notifications: Here is a list of all your notifications. You can also view some of these within the bell at the top of the screen.
- Followed Users: A list of your followed users. You can follow someone by going to their profile and clicking on the person vector, then pressing 'follow'.
- Blocked Users: A list of your blocked users. You can block someone by going to their profile and clicking on the person vector, then pressing 'block'.
- Bookmarks Shared with you: This is where you can view bookmarks that members have allowed you to access.
In your linked accounts section, you can view and manage your accounts. You can unlink(seperate) or switch to these accounts. If you'd like to add a linked account(commonly known as a subaccount) you can visit this thread: Step-By-Step Guide to Making New Linked Accounts
Post templates, or known as 'fancyposts', are used to modify your text. You can see examples of this around the site, especially within the coding center.
These are rewards. They go underneath your avatar and title, but above your likes/posts/bookmarks. Commonly, they are used as high position accolades(also known as badges) within the clans or to represent you're apart of a friend group.
- Customization: [pencil logo]
Easy as pie to cover! Notifications, like before in the 'community' section of your profile, are notifications for posts or threads you've participated in. You can also get notifications for someone mentioning/tagging you in a thread or watched threads.
The linked accounts tab will only show up if your account has a subaccount/linked account. This is so you can easily switch between accounts that you own. It's commonly used for character accounts or organization between topics.
Credits are the currency of FeralFront. Currently they are only used for announcements that show at the top of the page or pay FeralFront members for commissions but in the future they will be used to do other things. You can currently buy these to support the site funds, along with the site's merchandise.
You can gain credits by winning the contests in the Help Den.
Bookmarks are similar to watched threads, except they don't give you notifications and you can also show them off to the public. It is common to link your character gallery as a public bookmark so others can view your tags for characters.
As it's named, this a simple search bar to search around for a specific thread. In the advanced search you can also choose from a specific user's posts, a time frame, and a board.
In this section we will cover the uses for the widgets when posting and the ones you can choose from AFTER posting, such as liking a post.
The posting options.
Options above your text bar are as follows:
- Font family
- Font size
- Font color
- Inline code
- Horizontal rule(line)
- Post template/Fancypost
The Post-Posting Options.
See what I did there? Anyways, this is what I'm referencing to. With these options, you can:
- Report content
- Vote to remove a post
- Add a bookmark
- Like a post
how do you change the grey box on your screen, also where do you find different backgrounds?