open, tea [☆] TAKE A BREAK

The winners of the August Spotlight Contest have been picked! They are as follows: Writing goes to Poisonberry and Art goes to Madster! Congratulations!
Come check out our September Spotlight Contest!
Our monthly gatherings are up and are as follows: Leader, Medic, and Official!
  • I TOOK MY LOVE AND I TOOK IT DOWN — lessa ren solo — many clans — she/her — info

Ever since the explosion, Lessa had spent a lot of extra time hidden away in the medical treehouse. Most of the injured clanmates were already better, and though there were cases like her own, who were still healing, it seemed the road to recovery was straight ahead. The marten hadn't taken much of a break. Her sides were bandaged, hiding the healing wounds and her broken ribs from view, while her prosthetic legs were fixed up by her father. During her time inside, she started experimenting.

The shaman had never been particularly interested in making tea before. However lately she was finding some clanmates took to drinking herbs as tea better than eating them. An idea slowly came to mind, and the marten slowly set up a small blanket outside the treehouse. Then she brought out a small tea kettle, and some empty cups. The drink was just some simple chamomile tea. Hopefully it'd be to her clanmates' liking. "Hey, does anyone... Want some tea?"

o4S7QcU.png

PICK A STAR ON THE DARK HORIZON AND FOLLOW THE LIGHT

——— you'll be back when it's over, no need to say goodbye

( tags + info -- roleplayed by mistmoon )

• It had been two weeks and a bit since the explosion had happened. Littlestar's own wounds which had been deep shrapnel wounds in her sides were healing surprisingly fast. Either it was the fact they had been clean incisions or the fact she had a good fighting body. It just felt good to walk again without feeling pain at every step. The tabby was concerned more so about others then herself right now. Lessa, especially. That girl had been working the hardest out of everyone in the entire clan. She'd been fixing people up, tending to their wounds while she was still injured herself and Littlestar wanted to commend Lessa for it. It was so... she didn't know how the pine marten did it. She knew the female had to feel some sort of tiredness all the time right? Especially because she was working so hard. The concern lead to Littlestar making an action about it. She wanted to check up on the girl, see just how she was doing. So she limped all the way to the treehouse when she saw the marten setting something up just before it. Blanket, tea kettle and cups. Oh! It was tea. She'd never been a tea drinker but Littlestar felt like putting something to her lips right now. And hot tea would do just the trick for her.

"I do." The Monarch grunts, sitting before Lessa and offering the Shaman a half grin. It's been tiring the past few weeks but she can't begin to imagine the toll it's had on Lessa. "How have you been holding up? You've been getting sleep and shit, right?"

TAGS

10nw7ef.gif2be591.gif

you're a good little girl always picking a fight with me

you know that i'm bad but you're spending the night with me

tags

• "WAKING THE DEMON"

This was something new. Tea was okay. she liked her more adult drinks though. She would not say that here. She was sure they would make a fuss. Slipping over, she would sit silently across from the duo. She refused to speak for now.

"speech" | tags

I WISH I KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE

— TO CARE ENOUGH TO CARRY ON

•  Tea? Yari had never tried tea before. Hearing the polite offer of this beverage, she froze, contemplating on whether she should bother them by asking for some. Well if they were okay with sharing some, then it wouldn't be too much trouble. Quietly padding up the treehouse, the little grey fox made an almost invisible appearance behind Hestia, as if she were hiding behind the demon. Letting her large, citron eyes wander between the three and what Lessa had set up, she spoke, "Hey ... Uh, may I have some too?" The girl then noticed the concern the monarch held for Lessa - and understandably so. Yarithria didn't know the shaman personally, but she'd seen how big of an impact the devastation had on her especially. Not only because she had been physically injured, but because she had had so much pressure put on her afterward, healing the damaged bodies of HawkClanners and probably emotionally distressed because many of them couldn't make it through. Yari couldn't imagine being in her position at the time.

• NOTHING SHINES BRIGHTER THAN A GOOD HEART

Poe — HawkClan — Sentinel

Poe hadn't been as close to the blast as others were, nor had he worked as hard as Lessa had to try and fix his Clanmates after the tragedy. His hearing was the only thing left from the explosion, all of his other, minor wounds having healed easily. He had been concerned for a few days now, since he hadn't seen much of Lessa. His fears were put at ease, however, when he saw his friend offering tea to her Clanmates. She had to be at least somewhat better, right?

"Hey, I'll take some tea," Poe called as he approached, paws padding on the ground. It smelled good, whatever it was.

lost out where the lights are blinding

CAUGHT IN ALL, THE STARS ARE HIDING

• I TOOK MY LOVE AND I TOOK IT DOWN — lessa ren solo — hawkclan + riverclan — she/her — info

Happily, the shaman poured everyone's drinks, handling the tea kettle with great care. Small streams of steam would float away from the cups. Not too hot, but not completely cool either. Very clearly, she had made it fresh. Humming softly, she'd glance up at Littlestar with a creased brow. "'m healing." Slower than it should've been, but only because she kept working. Stubbornness kept her up and moving after all. As for sleep... That wasn't exactly easy with insomnia. She'd smile sheepishly. That wasn't something she talked about after all. "I get... Enough to keep going."

"I'll probably sleep... Better once... Ribs have healed completely." That was much more reassuring then mentioning insomnia.

o4S7QcU.png

PICK A STAR ON THE DARK HORIZON AND FOLLOW THE LIGHT

——— you'll be back when it's over, no need to say goodbye

( tags + info -- roleplayed by mistmoon )

• Littlestar's concern didn't ease at what Lessa said. The words should've helped but it was the usage of 'enough' and 'probably' that made her worry pique up. Besides, she was talking slower then normal. Surely even Poe noticed this. The tabby wondered if it would be a bad thing or a good thing to mention this but maybe in front of everyone wasn't a good idea. "Okay. Just remember to take breaks and shit, okay? Get someone to take over for a little. Maybe we can find an allying healer that wouldn't mind helping?" That could really help and she didn't know any ally that would't be willing to do that as generally allies were really open about helping one another. Tail stub twitching, Littlestar prayed that Lessa accepted her offer. She knew that the pine marten could be a little stubborn at times and might say that she had it all figured out on her own (which she'd understand) but she just wanted Lessa to by physically and mentally okay. She was working herself day and night. There had to be a break in there.. somewhere along the lines.

She gently grabbed her tea cup and put it against her lips, inhaling the herbal scent before downing it. It slightly scorched her throat but it was the nice kind of scorching, sending a warm shiver across her body.

TAGS

10nw7ef.gif2be591.gif

you're a good little girl always picking a fight with me

you know that i'm bad but you're spending the night with me

tags

• "WAKING THE DEMON"

The girl would silently take her own cup and sip some. Remaining silent as she eyed the others. "You should rest then. You mortals need time to heal and moving a lot wont help." She stated blankly.

"speech" | tags

I WISH I KNEW WHAT IT WAS LIKE

— TO CARE ENOUGH TO CARRY ON