I'LL BE OUT SOON — open, joining

FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Come check out our November Spotlight Contest!
It's time for the gatherings again! Leader, Medic, and Official!
The winners for the October Spotlight Contest have been decided! The writing goes to Jadefeather12 and the art goes to sp00kboi lyric. Congratulations!
Trad. WindClan is a slower moving clan with an amazing OOC community, come join our ranks and help WindClan grow!
  • GIVE THEM NO REASON TO STARE

No one can predict how their kid is going to turn out, all they can do is try to raise them so they'll be at least halfway decent when you have to take them out to your coworkers going away party so they won't mention how they called them a bitch behind their back. But with an absent father and mother it's a perfect plan for disaster. He was originally a nervous child, but when daddy left he grew extremely paranoid. Was mommy next? Though he didn't understand how or why he could clearly see that he was the only surviving child of their litter; why would she stay to look after him? He was such a mess already. With a mixed up mind he made the irrational decision to abandon her before she did it to him. He left right before dawn, while she was still asleep, picking a random direction and scampering off into the morning light.

The runt wandered all day, spending half the time freaking out over little things while the other was spent attempting to enjoy the scenery around him. He was naturally drawn to the trees that lined his path, after all, he had been born in the stump of one, and whenever his travels led to open fields he turned around. He was going to stick with what he knew. Which was very little, unfortunately. The sun was beginning to dip back into the earth when the child passed the WindClan border, unaware of the invisible boundary. He noted the scent change but thought nothing of its importance as his sides began to rumble. His stomach was driving him more than his nose. However he did take a moment to pause when different pitches hit his eardrums. Picking up his pace he'd soon come across some wind chimes dangling from a tree branch. He took a seat underneath them, head aligning with his spine as he looked up at them. After listening to them for a minute he became desensitized to the world around him, focusing on his breathing and heart rate as the impromptu music continued.

tags

play__1__by_pandeer_productions-dbjso8u.png

I'M HIDING BUT HE'S OUT THERE IGNORING OUR HISTORY

MEMORIES GET ERASED AND I'LL GET REPLACED –

• maybe it was by chance that kellogg had been out to tear the stupid chimes down from the tree. they were scaring away his catches, and if he couldn't eat within the next ten minutes he was going to get angry and yell at someone. preferably bigger than him and more hotheaded than he was. of course, on the way to there he hadn't expected a random child to be sitting at the base of the tree. someone he hadn't met before.. weird. "who're you?" he asked as he began to climb the tree, balancing carefully on the branch holding the chimes.

"wait, hold that thought. could you possibly move so i don't accidentally crush you." he was not looking to be accused of child endangerment.

Do you walk in the valley of kings?
    Do you walk in the shadow of men

tags

As the voice broke through his numbed state the child jumped, whipping his head round to see the stranger who had spoken to, him, he guessed. He took a moment to look behind him to make sure he wasn't actually addressing someone else just like what always happened in movies. Movies were stupid. Focusing his shaky vision back on the fox who was now ascending the tree, jealousy subconsciously poking at the back of his mind at this ability, he had to steady his shallow breathing before responding, "Uh, it's uh, Pl-" "Wait, hold that thought". His toes began to tap nervously as the sound of the chimes were stressed at the sudden weight transferred to them via the branch via the fox. His panicked drumming only increased speed as he was instructed to get out of the way otherwise he'd be a pancake. Well, maybe not exactly, but that's what came to mind as he hurriedly took a few clumsy steps backwards. "Um, wh-what are doing, anyways? I-I mean, if you don't mind me asking." He surprised himself by asking in a flustered voice as he scratched anxiously at his legs. After all, this was still a stranger. A stranger he was somehow talking to. Although the debate between whether or not it was harder to speak to family or those he hadn't met before was still an undecided one. You couldn't really confess your feelings to either.

tags

• kid that listened to instructions well. that was a first for kellogg, truthfully. kids normally liked doing the exact opposite of what he said for them to do. off the bat he had taken a liking to playkit, even if he didn't know a thing about him. kids were normally a weird topic for kellogg where he generally liked to avoid them to prevent attachment; because then it just gave in a higher probability of that to be used against him. he had lived long enough, and had lost enough, to at least know how not to.

chewing at the ties wrapped around the tree, the fox would peer down to playkit as he spoke again. "im taking these down," he grunted, angling his jaws better. "so they stop scaring off all the prey." some flowery weirdo probably put them up for their stupid 'aesthetic' not realizing the actual consequences. disrupting natural sound with wind chimes just made everything capable of being eaten avoid it. "oh, yeah, so whats your name?" he felt like he asked this before but he truthfully couldn't remember. with the strings halfway chewed through, the weight of the chimes eventually caused them to snap and hit the ground with a thud.

tags

• ✧・゚ happycamper lived very good life in windclan as a child and teenager, he had a wonderful mother raising him well, many friends that he was grateful to have, and the love of a clan to back him up. although his father was absent throughout his life, the feline was content with what life had to offer. it was certainly more grand than what others had going for them. it must've been confusing and possibly saddening when he left windclan on those little expeditions of his, only having contact with his mother in a series of letters. but now he was back and trying to pick up the pieces of anything he might have messed up before.

now that he was out of the house and feeling his illness wearing off by every passing day, the deputy was once again spending his time away from the bustling clan noise by staying near the borders. his nose was buried in a new book of hiking tips when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. happycamper looked away from the book and tilted his head to get a better view of what was going on, and saw the slightly familiar form of kellogg talking to a very unfamiliar child. he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion at the scene, but after a few seconds, he managed to come up with the conclusion was the child wasn't a windclanner but rather a visitor, a joiner, or some stranger lost in the woods. after gently placing his book away in the satchel he always carried around, the feline made his way over to the pair.

"well hello there you two!" he greeted the two, cheerful smile plastered on his face. it faltered a bit when happycamper focused more on the child at the base of the tree. he seemed awfully nervous and frightened, and he could feel his own heart ache a bit at it. his large smile turned into a more gentle one, "i'm happycamper marsh. it's a pleasure meeting you, kiddo! you're here on windclan territory in case you didn't know. are, um, your parents around?" he knew he was risking it by asking for parents. it was very common for children to wander onto their territory without parents, which always made him sad. hopefully playkit wasn't alone like the many others, "oh! are you hungry? i always have some cookies just in case anything happens. you can never be too sure! i never mind sharing them. i made them to be shared and enjoyed by everyone, after all!" he was already rummaging through his forest green satchel when he pulled out a small baggie that was filled with his recent butter cookies. he pulled one out and held it onto his paw, offering it to the child. he didn't want anyone starving, especially a little kid.

————‒ "RUN, RUN, LOST BOY," THEY SAY TO ME ————‒

——————— -AWAY FROM ALL OF REALITY- ———————

—–‒– -NEVERLAND IS A HOME TO LOST BOYS LIKE ME- —––‒

AND LOST BOYS LIKE ME ARE FREE -✧・゚:

It wasn't his place to object, he knew that. Even if it was he probably wouldn't have had the courage to stop it, but now seeing what the other was trying to accomplish made his heart sink. He liked them, and maybe others did too. The thought made him start to sputter, "W-We-Well I don't know if that's the- the best plan of action cause wh-what if, uh, what if other people enjoy them or m-maybe even the prey like it, I don't know? Cause it might calm them down, I mean I know I was, but I know everyone is different than me, so why should my needs speak for the whole, but I'm just thinking out loud-" "Thud". Well, that was one way to shut him up. Wide eyes stared at the fallen chimes in front of him that had just scared him out of his ramblings. Sniffing he looked back up at the fox, almost not being able to process his question until he finally shook out, "I-It's Playkit." Lucky for him, or unlucky, he wouldn't spend the time to linger on it, another feline approached to distract him from the chime slaughter. He started up his fidgeting again as he spoke, not making eye contact but making sure to nod so that he thought he was listening. He didn't want to come across as rude. At the inquiry about his parents he didn't seem to miss a beat, "Oh, my father left us and my mom wasn't going to love me anymore so then I left before she could do it to me." He was real good at making things awkward. However a vibration inside him reminded him that he was, indeed, hungry. He was uncertain on if he should take his food, though, despite his gracious offerings. "Thank you very much." The boy quickly said after he decided to accept it after overthinking everything for a split second and not wanting to be rude, again, for denying. With a shaky paw he reached out and grabbed it before taking a few small bites out of the side.

tags

• thank god it was all well and peaceful again. the chimes hurt his ears when they went on for too long, and they didn't call windclan it's name for nothing. they had been going off for nearly a damn hour before the fox decided to do something about it. he had barely listened to playkits ramblings; he was talking too fast and too jittery that kellogg decided if it was really that important the kitten would have to say something more clearly. of course, when the chimes fell and playkit also fell silent, the fox wondered if thats what he was talking about.

with a shrug of 'oh well' to himself, kellogg hopped down from the tree and scratched behind his ear, fur and dust compiling in a little cloud before he focused on hampycamper and playkit. he wasn't paying much attention to catch the parent talk. "if you want the chimes you can keep them." he definitely had some leather lying around to fix up the ties. he just... rather them not out while he was actively trying to be productive. "are you joining? or just visiting or something."

tags

• "YOU THINK I'M CRAZY"

The male would come over next and take a spot near the gathered. Head tilting as he eyes the kit. Alone like he had been. Though he swore Luke was his dad and knew nothing otherwise. He would offer little more than a nod in hello.

"speech" | tags

*:・゚✦ WE'RE STANDING STILL IN TIME

THE BLOOD ON OUR HANDS IS THE WINE *:・゚✦

— zerrak skywalker | kit | windclan | velociraptor | tags

• "THEY'LL FIND YOU, BURN YOU"

This one was like him, it seemed. So, he crouched nearby and watched. Eyes soft.

"speech" | tags

*:・゚✦ THERE'S A MOMENT WE MAKE A DECISION

NOT TO COWER AND CRASH TO THE GROUND *:・゚✦

— leopold marsh-frederick-stark | priest, chevalier | knights of eden, westeros | saluki mix [rabbit sized permanently] | tags