BUT THE TRUTH IS HARD TO SWALLOW [open; intro]

The July Spotlight Contest winners have been decided! In first place for writing was Rebs! In first place for art is Fabrie! Congratulations!
Come participate in the August Spotlight Contest!
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
Looking to to join a trad Clan? Join BloodClan, home of the ruthless and calculating!
The Creative Engineer Applications are ending tomorrow, August 16th, at 12:00pm Central Time!
  • [ please don't go ]

Kestrelpaw wasn't well liked, not by any means. He was cold and detached most days, with a rude mouth that didn't seem to have a filter. He acted lazy around camp, yet would often dissapear for hours at a time to focus on his training, often times working all by himself. It could never be said that he didn't work hard, no on most days he brought back prey which in times like this was as helpful as could be.

Kestrelpaw would never pretend to be someone he wasn't. He wasn't a ceerful optimist like most. But nor was he a pessimistic person who moped around all day. He was, very simply, detactched. He could care less about hurting others feelings. All that mattered was he took care of the clan and eventually became the best fighter and hunter he could be.

So it was to the surprise of many NPCs that the tom was laying out in the camp, his body relaxed. Why wasn't he out hunting? He had taken a break he supposed, although it wasn't often he needed them, he had worked hard to find two micw this morning and already diligently practiced a few battle moves. He just hoped no one bothered him during this quiet time.

//feel free to bother him lol

you just want attention

you don't want my heart

[ male - six months - darkclan apprentice - played by kitty-kat. ]

The post was edited 2 times, last by -Kestrelpaw. ().

• Fadedpaw had just returned from a short training session, and was hurrying towards the apprentice den. He stupidly wasn't paying attention to where he put his paws, and tripped over the form of Kestrelpaw. He immediately got to his feet, backing away from the other apprentice. Kestrelpaw wasn't the type of cat for Fadedpaw to be around, though hard working, he seemed mean and rude at times, and would certainly not like being crashed into by Fadedpaw. "I-I'm s-sorry, I w-wasn't w-atching where I w-as g-going..." He was terrified Kestrelpaw would snap at him, though it wasn't like he wouldn't have a reason. I practically ran him over..

Faded paw Tags! Updated 7/10/17

FadedpawGhost| 6 moons| mentored by TulipBlaze| clumsy| shy| always worried, mostly about The Three Trials| Has trouble speaking to strangers or cat's he doesn't know well| cowardly| Usually takes him awhile to bond with cats| slow to trust, especially when it comes to outsiders| Does his best to be helpful when he can| excited to learn, though that doesn't usually show| Has a slight British accent| Has a stutter|

Played by Jadefeather12

• [ please don't go ]

A sharp hiss of pain followed by a loud growl of irritation was Kestrelpaws first reaction. His cold blue eyes opened only to narrow at faddedpaw as he realised just who exactly had tripped over him.

"Watch where you're going mousebrain, or are you as blind as you are stupid?. And shut up already, that stutters giving me a hradache! " he would say rather blunly, his words cold and his voice filled with irritation.

His usually sleek snow and crimson hued pelt was now ruffled from the encounter and with a sigh he'd pull himself to his paws, his long legs arching as he stood. "Can't a cat get some peace around here. Sheesh. " he grumbled.

you just want attention

you don't want my heart

• "I-I-" Fadedpaw snapped his jaws shut, afraid of upsetting the apprentice even further. That's what you get for not using your eyes. Kestrelpaw was right, if he couldn't see an apprentice lying in front of him, he might as well be blind. He wanted to say something else, but he was so high strung right now that not only would he probably stutter, he might not even be able to form a coherent sentence. Instead he ducked his head, retreating a few more steps.

FadedpawGhost| 6 moons| mentored by TulipBlaze| clumsy| shy| always worried, mostly about The Three Trials| Has trouble speaking to strangers or cat's he doesn't know well| cowardly| Usually takes him awhile to bond with cats| slow to trust, especially when it comes to outsiders| Does his best to be helpful when he can| excited to learn, though that doesn't usually show| Has a slight British accent| Has a stutter|

Played by Jadefeather12

• *:・゚✦ Duskpaw

——| tags *:・゚✦

Duskpaw had to admit, while he didn't hate or think ill of anyone, there was always something about Kestralpaw that rubbed him the wrong way. Maybe it was the cold, detached attitude he had, trying to bring others down. Maybe it was how he looked down on and treated those who he saw as lesser horribly (and the simple fact that Duskpaw could tell there were cats he saw as lesser to him). Duskpaw didn't really try to treat the other any differently than anyone else because of that, as Duskpaw felt that everyone should have kindness, even if they don't deserve it, and just because the young apprentice was like that now didn't mean that he would be like that forever. Maybe by the time they both were warriors Kestralpaw would be someone that Duskpaw could call a friend, and be fiercely protective and proud of.

But right now, especially in this moment, Duskpaw wasn't feeling that. Instead, all he knew was that Kestralpaw was snapping at Fadedpaw, someone who Duskpaw had been getting pretty close to recently and considered a friend, and mocking the other for the things that Fadedpaw couldn't control. All for a simple mistake! Duskpaw had to come to his friend's defense. "Hey it was a simple mistake, no need to be so awful to him."

• [ please don't go ]

Kestrelpaw let out a soft snort. "Simple mistake? The dude practically ran me over. He's a hazard to be around if he's not even able to watch where he puts his paws. " he snapped, tail flicking lazily as the pale hued tom would roll his eyes, ears drawn back in clear annoyance. He hated his clanmates, besides it wasn't as if it was kestrels fault the tom had pissed him off.

you just want attention

you don't want my heart

• Fadedpaw blinked as Duskpaw defended him. He wanted to thank the tom, but Kestrelpaw was right. I could be a blind monster. He thought dejectedly. Sure, it might've been a mistake, but that didn't matter to Kestrelpaw. What mattered was that Fadedpaw had disturbed him, and Fadedpaw was too afraid and guilty to protest. Because he's right and your wrong, you're basically a walking disaster.

Played by Jadefeather12

• [ please don't go ]

It took Kestrelpaw a moment to realize faddedpaw had actually yet to defend himself since the initial apology. It caught him off gaurd, before he realised this was faddedpaw, and the tom was probably to insecure to even stand up for himself.

Flicking an ear as the tiniest hint of guilt passed his emotional varrieirs, he made one last comment towards the tom. "What, not even going to defend yourself? You shouldn't let yourself be such a pushover. Not that it matters much, just takes the fun out of things." He would say offhandedly, making sure to be clear he wasn't saying it to be nice.

you just want attention

you don't want my heart

• Whilest Fadedpaw was watching Kestrelpaw in fear, he saw something on the tom's face, for a moment, but couldn't identify it. From his next words though, Fadedpaw guessed it had been disgust at how Fadedpaw couldn't even speak up for himself. Well, that's your own fault for being a coward, isn't it? He opened his mouth to reply, but closed it again, knowing he would stutter and irritate the tom even more. Instead he ducked his head, mumbling to himself, and backed away into a shadowy corner of the cave to hide.

Played by Jadefeather12

Duskpaw watched as Fadedpaw walked off, dejectedly. He had half a mind to follow, just to try to cheer him up, but he decided to stay to talk with Kestrelpaw. "You know that Fadedpaw is sensitive to that stuff and not going to defend himself, and sure he tripped over you, but it's not like he physically harmed you in any way." He told him.

• [ please don't go ]

The tom simply shrugged. "So? Its not my fault he's like that. Dude needs to learn to toughen up. " he would say with a clear air of indifference.

Besides it wasn't as if Kestrelpaw ever cared about others... Right? Well, he did feel a bit bad, but he refused to ever admit so, even to himself. After all, fadedpaw was like him when he was younger, insecure and easily upset.

But still it wasn't supposed to matter. He did NOT care about the other toms feelings, and he certainly would not apologize for his actions. Right? Right.

you just want attention

you don't want my heart

"No" Duskpaw agreed, "it's not your fault but that doesn't mean it doesn't make it worse. He wasn't beating himself up and had his confidence destroyed, yet again, until you opened your mouth. You didn't have to insult him or go on, you didn't even have to be that nice! A simple 'hey, watch where you're going' would've been good. And for that you're responsible." He told the younger apprentice. "And what's the matter with him not being that tough? He has a bunch of strengths, and 'being tough' isn't even a very good strength in the first place!"