She smells like teen spirit ( P / Cloudspots )

The July Spotlight Contest winners have been decided! In first place for writing was Rebs! In first place for art is Fabrie! Congratulations!
Come participate in the August Spotlight Contest!
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
Looking to to join a trad Clan? Join BloodClan, home of the ruthless and calculating!
The Creative Engineer Applications are ending tomorrow, August 16th, at 12:00pm Central Time!
  • It was another one of those horrible hot and stuffy nights and Ryewhisker couldn't sleep. Although it was relatively warm inside the den, the sandy floor was extemely cold, feeling like he was sleeping in a bed of snow and ice, causing the tom to grumble and roll over, only to be met face to face with his best friend, and subtle and shy love interest.

"Oops... Hi Cloudy~" he said softly with a smile having not realized she was next to him, which was kind of funny seeing as he hadn't rolled over all night. He squinted unsure if it was really Cloudspots or if she was just asleep and he had accidentally woken her. Lately she'd been kind of Distant, and he'd wanted to make sureshe was okay earlier, but he hadn't wanted to embarrass her with private information in a clan setting, instead setting it aside for more private time, since Cloudspots seemed to be very anxious in social settings.

"You doing okay?" He asked softly, scooting a little closer, but not wanting to make her claustrophobic, still staying about 6 inches from touching her. Cloudspots had boundaries, and Ryewhisker didn't mind, as long as he could make her happy in some way shape or form, whether or not the other clan members thought they were good for each other or not.

Northern-Skywatcher  

Cloudspots  

• //track I'll reply tomorrow!

Me upon reading the title: damn right she does

Characters
    Minnownose (Deputy of SkyClan)
    Cloudspots (Warriors of SkyClan)
    Sky with No Moon (Preyhunter of ToRW)

Mintpaw (Apprentice of Trad. ThunderClan)

@ me to plot or for injuries/deaths/etc.

• Sorry something came up I'll edit this with a reply soon! For real this time!

Characters
    Minnownose (Deputy of SkyClan)
    Cloudspots (Warriors of SkyClan)
    Sky with No Moon (Preyhunter of ToRW)

Mintpaw (Apprentice of Trad. ThunderClan)

@ me to plot or for injuries/deaths/etc.

• //I posted that on the wrong account awkward

Cloudy is such a debbie downer god damn

Hmph. The feeling of someone in the den rolling over, and promptly greeting her by name, made Cloudspots stir from her light sleep. Not that it took a lot these days, what with the recovery from BloodClan and the drought/famine. The tabby always seemed to sleep with one eye open, just in case. She herself had just gotten to sleep, surrounded by the heavy breathing and snores of the Clan. The hot air and subsequent cool sandy floor. A contrast that she fought to enjoy. At least her pelt didn't feel like it was about to burst into flames after the sun set.

Oh, Ryewhisker. It shouldn't be surprising to the warrior that he's the one to have woken her. Not that he made a habit of it, but he's one of the few to be this close. Well, because literally the relationship was deeper-whatever that meant-than with others. And because it was rather obvious Cloudspots distanced herself. Most of SkyClan, in their general niceness, went with it.

She shrugs one shoulder at the question. Cloudspots guessed she was okay. On a physical level, she was mostly fine. On a mental one she was as good as she could be. Emotionally? I mean, she was on a pretty good spot with her mother, and hopefully the same could be said for the rest of the Clan. Rye. But she still felt off. She blamed it on the heat. "As good as any other cat could be during a drought," she replied, her voice a whisper. It was the best she could muster. Because, really, Cloudspots' life was doing okay. But was she? Well, she just didn't really have an answer

• " - Spring is here again ! - "

( Loveable Asshole )

Ryewhisker smiled a little, snuggling closer to the molly, so they were just barely touching, "You sure you don't want to talk about anything? I'm all ears.." the tom askedgently, southern accent occasionally kicking in on some words, but for the most part, it had faded to an occasional, but warm twang.

♚makaio

• Cloudspots shrugs once more. She knew better than to lie, she guessed, but if she didn't say anything it technically wasn't a lie. The tabby didn't want to bother him is all. Or even feel like she was bothering him. Cloudspots had baggage, that wasn't a secret. But to open that baggage? Did she really wanna do that? Yeah, kinda.

"I don't wanna bug you," she admits, before adding, albeit sarcastically, "I guess just between BloodClan and the drought my bright shining face isn't as optimistic as usual."

• " - Spring is here again ! - "

( Loveable Asshole )

"You? Optimism? Where?" He asked comically looking around the packed, but cool warriors den, resting his head on her side gently.

"You can vent if you want. That always used to make me feel better. Except I'd beat other younger cats up to help. Which was Horrible, but I've found better ways to cope since then.." he mumbled awkwardly, being truthful with her atleast.

♚makaio

• Cloudspots lets out a snort as he joked with her clear lack of optimism, rolling her eyes playfully. "Yeah, yeah."

She falls silent as he gave a small snippet of his past while trying to comfort her. Cloudspots appreciated the honesty, if she would dare admit it. At the same time, it brought her back to her apprentice days. When she was at the hands of cats that, like Ryewhisker, most likely took out their frustrations on an innocent Clan cat who thought the loner world was more exciting than old SkyClan. "When I was a loner I met some similar cats," she responded, deflecting the original question, though only shifting the perspective enough to vent about something that she should have gotten over moons ago, "At least you made the decision to better yourself. I don't think those cats I met really cared that they, basically, turned an 11-moon old cat into an anxious mess."

• Ryewhisker sort of looked away ashamed. The fact that it could been him who had bullied the soft molly pissd him off. But he attempted to justify his actions like it wasn't his fault. He growled to himself mostly "but I haven't changed.." before rolling over.

This had been eating at Ryewhisker since when he had first joined. The odd twitches hadn't been seizures or ticks, more like the well built tom was trying not to freak out and attack everyone like he had been trained to do.

He kept on imagining going into the mursery and...

He almost threw up at the thought, wondering why he was so violent. He should have been happy. Why couldn't he just be happy.

Bottlinh the emotions, he rolled back over onto his side, facing her, nuzzlinh her a bit with his nose, before saying with a gentle smile "And they don't have you as a best friend."

He was unsure if relationship terms such as mates or lovers sort of weirded her out, and he didn't want to trigger a bad memory for her since it seemed it happened often, she just didn't complain about it.

• Cloudspots knows she shouldn't have brought it up the second it left her mouth. The tabby and her...companion? sure-companion had too much in common about their earlier selves. Only, it was from two different sides. She knew he was never one of the cats she encountered-her anxious mind would have her running for the hills if he was. But her confidence in how he was didn't mean anything for his own self-confidence. "I didn't know you before, but I think you have," Cloudspots says, so quietly she could barely believe she said it.

"Mmhmm," She murmurs at the best friend comment, rolling her eyes in amusement. Part of her wished a different term was used, a part of her was happy he understood her enough not to. Cloudspots continues on, use your words, "Though I can only imagine where I'd be right now if I never left. I wonder if I'd be more open about talking about...whatever this is. What'd you think?" The tabby hurries over talking about the whole feelings thing, wanting to say something but also knowing she kind of just hit Rye with a storm of emotions about his own past. Maybe it was better just to make sure he was okay and repress her own feelings.