build a snowman / open, riverclan scent

The July Spotlight Contest winners have been decided! In first place for writing was Rebs! In first place for art is Fabrie! Congratulations!
Come participate in the August Spotlight Contest!
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
Looking to to join a trad Clan? Join BloodClan, home of the ruthless and calculating!
The Creative Engineer Applications are ending tomorrow, August 16th, at 12:00pm Central Time!
  • He was desperate. He was starving. He refused to feed off the scraps of kittens so he resorted to stealing. Stealing could only go so far when he decided to resort to a Clan. DarkClan, perhaps. They were full of mist and fog that sometimes the scent of cats intertwined with the fresh, minty scent of pines, but the hot air gave him nothing more but the stench of dirt. Once again he tried to focus on his super senses, closing his eyes and trying to listen for any sound of movement. Even a heartbeat would work. But again, he could not control it. But the darting of a scrawny vole caught his gaze, the tom darting after it in the blackness of the night as he stumbled but managed to catch it with a tight grasp of his claws. He was about to consume it when a ringing shot through his ears, his heart thudding when he heard a few more whispers in the darkness. More tiny lives to be killed, and so that was what happened. Four, five...as many scrawny, bony voles he could fit in his jaws were taken off to RiverClan camp. Within the bushes was the scent of RiverClan mixed with catnip and thyme.

— SO I CROSS MY HEART AND I HOPE TO DIE — 

11 moons &. riverclan &. tags &. played by Grey.

• *:・゚✦ Duskpaw

——| tags *:・゚✦

Oh no. Duskpaw was the first to come to the scene, smelling the distinct fishy smell of RiverClan, along with blood from mulitple voles being killed. Oh no. Hunting in another clan's territory was forbidden, and the consequences could be deadly. Especially when it was hard enough finding things to eat and hunt, to have someone else eat and hunt what belongs to DarkClan was even more devistating. On one hand, he could try to cover it up as to resolve the situation and the impending war would never happen (or at least be pushed back).

But, if he did then whoever it is might do it again, and as starving as everyone is, he couldn't do that to his plan. He decided then, that he needed to talk to Rosestar or Tulipblaze as soon as he could.

• ✯ ----~ "Whats the matter Duskpaw?" Primrosepaw asked, pausing in her hunt for any sign of prey when she spotted the tom standing stock-still seemingly at random. Waiting a moment for a responce, she finally decided to investigate and padded towards him. She didn't need to twitch a nose to catch the thick, fishy scent of Riverclan tainting her home territory. Immedietly, her grey eyes narrowed. The borders were sacred to the clans. It was one of the biggest rules she had learned : dont cross borders. This riverclanner had. They broke the rules. Prim was not okay with that.

"We should tell Rosestar," she said, unaware she was voicing Duskpaw's own thoughts, "should one of us stay here in case the riverclanner comes back?" she asked, eyes focused on the direction of Riverclan's territory.

Duskpaw was still reeling from what he had discovered when he heard someone approached. However, the scent gave her away as Primrosepaw almost immediately, which was confirmed to him a second later when she spoke. He was glad she was here and he wasn't by himself now, as her suggestions showed she was able to think more clearly than Duskpaw could at the moment, imagining as he was the confrontation Rosestar would have to have with Doestar, hoping it wouldn't lead to a war. Her idea was good, Duskpaw hadn't even thought about the same Riverclanner coming back so soon. "Yeah, good idea, I was just thinking the same thing. About getting Rosestar, that is. Do you want to stay or run to get her?" He asked the other, finally getting over his shock and ready to do whatever he needed to do.

• Rosestar emerged from her den that particular morning with an ache in her head. There was this incessant buzzing, as though something was the matter. A frown present on her maw, the anxious leader glanced about her clan, quickly spotting the bodies of Duskpaw and Primrosepaw hurriedly coming towards camp. Oh, dear... What had happened? Biting her lip, the tortoiseshell rushed to meet them, olive irises glittering with concern. "What's happened?"

— this is the end, hold your breath and count to ten

leader of darkclan — played by: amy

Now that he was here right in front of Rosestar, Duskpaw felt a bit nervous now. But it was too late, he made his decision and Rosestar seemed to know that something was wrong already. But that didn't make the words any easier to say. "A...well you see...I was just on a patrol when I found that..." He tried to say, not sure how to lessen the impact while telling it as true as he could. "Riverclanner" He finally got out. "A Riverclanner hunted in our territory, by the border but certainly on our side." His stomach dropped just listening to himself, and he felt like he wanted to cry from worry about what that would mean for DarkClan and RiverClan.

• A RiverClanner? Hunting on their territory? Stiffening, the pretty tortoiseshell prompted, "Did you see who?" Given his surety, Rosestar presumed Duskpaw had seen the cat. Of course, she did not yet know he only witnessed the half-eaten prey and strong RiverClan scent. Even that, though, was as certain as if he'd witnessed it with his own eyes.

This was getting easier the more Duskpaw talked. "No, I just smelled their scent and there was vole blood at the same spot, not fully cold yet. It seems as if there was multiple ones that were hunted, as there were multiple spots with blood." How the Riverclanner managed to find so many freshkills Duskpaw didn't know, but that was a mute point now. He waited to hear what Rosestar would say now.

• A faint trickle of blood was drawn from her lower lip, a tendency she had when nervous. Was the desperation of the drought beginning already? Rosestar would need to discuss their further plans with Tulipblaze, but for now, she only had one immediate solution. "I'll increase patrols in the area for now, and any clan cats found will be challenged harshly. I'll discuss our plans more with Tulipblaze. Thank you for bringing this to me, Duskpaw. You did well." She was sure to praise his helpfulness, knowing it would only benefit his growth as a warrior.

Duskpaw nodded, relieved that the answer to this wasn't immediate war. And Rosestar even told him that he did well! He felt so much better than than a couple minutes ago, and smiled up at her. "No problem, it was only the right thing to do for the clan." He said sagely. His task done, he decided that he deserved a break, and went to go into the cool caves.