The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!

• ANAKIN SKYWALKER

Anakin is a cyborg barbary lion. An artificial lion-gorilla hybrid, robotic legs and arms allow him to walk upright and use his hands. At his full height, he is fourteen feet tall. A former Dark Lord of the Sith, former Supreme Leader of the First Order, former Windclan Advisor. He wears the axe of Rick Grimes, a knife from Judith, the eye patch of Bill Cipher on his belt. Sometimes followed by Ivan (a polar bear.)
    FULL BIO & TAGS

Anakin had decided to make a second approach- and was cautious. He knew Aphelion didn't like him, but Anakin felt he should try.

So he moved, looking for the other lion's cavern.

APHELION.  

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

ooc // as a note, Aphelion doesn't live in the caverns with the other RiverClanners; could I assume Anakin found his scent that led him to his current hideout on the territory? just want to make sure that's good with you before i post.

tags

'CAUSE BABY I'M A DARK STAR

The post was edited 1 time, last by APHELION. ().

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

// oops i'm sorry! i saw the darth vader in the siggy and immediately thought vader. i will edit!

Perhaps he didn't like the idea of being underground, with the weight of so much stone and water threatening to crash down on his head. It only took an unfortunate accident to bring the whole structure down and wipe out the group. The thought of what fate he would meet down there was unpleasant and in his attempt of not thinking about it, Aphelion just avoided the camp in general. If he didn't see it, he wouldn't think about it, like some grown up version of if he didn't see it, it didn't exist.

So instead of living with the others, the cave lion had found a grove of trees that bordered a stream. The actual spot he decided to set his den in was underneath the spreading boughs of a low lying, leafy tree. It sheltered him from the worst of the night wind and the rain with its thick, scrubby cover. Aphelion was grateful for trees like these--it was almost like the universe was giving him a gift in the form of a perfect denning spot, unclaimed and made especially for him in this big wide world of his.

He was outside the den, resting in a patch of sunlight at the moment, when the sound of leaves crunching underpaw reached him. Aphelion raised his head, his bright eyes curious, though that gaze darkened as he spotted the figure of Anakin approaching. Immediately, the cave lion rose onto all fours, expecting some sort of confrontation, and his voice was flat as he offered, "What do you want?"

tags

• ANAKIN SKYWALKER

Anakin is a cyborg barbary lion. An artificial lion-gorilla hybrid, robotic legs and arms allow him to walk upright and use his hands. At his full height, he is fourteen feet tall. A former Dark Lord of the Sith, former Supreme Leader of the First Order, former Windclan Advisor. He wears the axe of Rick Grimes, a knife from Judith, the eye patch of Bill Cipher on his belt. Sometimes followed by Ivan (a polar bear.)
    FULL BIO & TAGS

Anakin kinda wished he had been able to have a hut outside the caverns. He hated walking on the beach and he had told them when he joined that they risked flooding.

But Anakin had cubs down there. Nothing could be done now.

Anakin held up his hand, palm out, as a sign of peace. "I came to talk." He said, moving ahead and laying down a few feet from the other male- but not putting down his guard yet.

"About earlier, mostly." How could he give a vague apology....

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

There was something strange in the fact the lion had a hand. It was just simply so wrong. The male swallowed his thoughts and he had a hard time trying to stop his lip from curling into a snarl at the sight of Anakin. However, his parents had raised him to be courteous and Anakin did not seem to be threatening him right now. He almost acted and sounded respectful.

The cave lion kept his seafoam eyes on the other male as Anakin settled down close by. "What about it?" Aphelion inquired, keeping his tone even. Of course, he was still smarting over the whole ordeal--Aphelion felt insulted and threatened, not a very good combination for the generally good-natured lion. There were just some certain things that got him riled up very quickly and those were two of them.

tags

• ANAKIN SKYWALKER

FULL BIO & TAGS

"I..." he paused for a breath- then told himself, Suck it up, you Bantha. Have shame. "I wanted to apologize for earlier." He would apologize for overreacting- but he would not apologize for making a move to protect his cubs.

The image was still engraved in his mind- dangling from his mother's mouth when she hid in Depur's shop from another lion.

But that had been Depur protecting his property, hadn't it? Between the teaching of slave culture and his familiarity with lion behavior, lion instinct, Anakin was cautious.

"I should have approached the matter more rationally." Perhaps he could reason that it had been so long since he saw a stranger male, and his body kicked in, but he wasn't going to give excuses.

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

An apology? Well, he hadn't exactly been expecting that. Until just a few moments before, at least. Anakin's attitude suggested to him that he had wanted to make amends of some sort. Aphelion considered the other male's words for a moment. Admittedly, he felt a little bit smug about receiving the apology, but now was not the time to gloat. He could understand the desire to protect the cubs, after all.

"Apology accepted," he finally murmured. "I apologize for my behavior as well." He'd been a little rough-tongued. The fiery-maned male then tilted his head slightly as he added as a suggestion, "I s'ppose then we could make a fresh start?" That was the best option--start from the beginning again, introduce themselves, and maybe the other would be okay if Aphelion asked a few prying questions about why the heck a lion looked the way Anakin did.

tags

• ANAKIN SKYWALKER

FULL BIO & TAGS

Good, he accepted. Anakin had a brief sense of relief that was followed by distaste. He wasn't used to apologizing to anyone, nor had he rarely needed to.

Because Darth Vader never apologized for his crimes.

"I suppose so." He said, pausing, and then tipped his head. "Anakin Skywalker, Riverguard." He straightened back up with his introduction, and looked to Aphelion.

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

Anakin Skywalker? Huh that was certainly a mouthful, but look at him. "Aphelion Harbringer," he answered. "Pleasure to meet you, Anakin." The cave lion let the name roll over his tongue with a small hum of appreciation, liking the way the name sounded. An ear twitched slightly as he made the decision to go ahead and ask what was on his mind. The dark-hued feline tilted his head slightly before offering in as a respectful of a tone as he could manage (since his parents didn't raise him to be rude, after all), "Say, forgive my curiosity, but how exactly did you end up looking like this, man?" Sure, the phrasing could be a little bit better? Maybe? But what was said was said. With someone who looked like Anakin, Aphelion was sure that the other male had gotten this question plenty of times.

tags

• ANAKIN SKYWALKER

FULL BIO & TAGS

Most didn't ask Anakin about his appearance- or chose not to. Anakin was fine with that, and in his past had only given the fake story to a select few, and the real story to fewer.

He had never told Luke, either.

Dystopia had asked him about it when they were traveling together- because Dystopia "captured" him- and Anakin pointed out she was Frankenstein's uncooked Kronenburg.

Anakin was quiet- except for his own breathing- as he straightened up into a sitting postition, thinking over his words.

"I didn't ask to be made, Aphelion," He said, giving part of the same answer he gave Dystopia.

The last person he had even told the fake story to was Cherviltea- and that was long, long ago. "I got into a fight." His answers were vague, wanting to give Aphelion enough to date his curiosity and for Anakin to keep his privacy. "There was a volcano." Okay, there was truth in that. "It was a bad day." 

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

Made? Someone made him? Then again, people who were well versed with human technology did a lot of shit. Could do a lot of shit, too. Aphelion didn't fuck with that stuff. Anakin's answer did leave him wanting, but the information he disclosed indicated that the other lion probably didn't want to disclose anything. Privacy. Okay, Aphelion could respect that. He was a well-mannered kid.

"Ah, yeah sounds like a bad day," the cave lion admitted with a small chuckle. But onto the next topic of conversation. Awkward silence was not becoming. "Uhmmm, you been here for long?"

tags

• "I lived in Windclan for over a year." He admitted, shrugging and rolling out his side, seemingly relaxed. "But... Windclan slowed. I had to move, before my wife gave birth." Anakin said, recollecting his own joining. "I have been here a few weeks, at most. The cubs were born here."

Anakin pulled himself back up, unsatisfied with his position. "What about you? Have you lived anywhere else?"

• ✰ APHELION HARBRINGER.

WindClan. Oh, that was where Mercer was living. An ear twitched. "Nice. And congrats on the cubs," he murmured. New father or something? No wonder he was so protective. "I've mostly lived in the loner lands for a bit. Got curious about Clans, so here I am." He shrugged. Nothing too stellar in his opinion. Aphelion had yet to make his mark on the world.

tags