TICKING TIMEBOMB // open + sick

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!

• JUNKRAT

It was just another day, the sun rises and the clan bustles with the general life it normally does. Junkrat of course was busying himself in his den, keeping his idle hands busy and his nose out of mischief for the time being. The day previous he had been fortunate on a hunt and had brought home a small tractor tyre, which he now had decorating the centre of his home. If anything he had been obsessing over it endlessly since it had arrived.

Though as the afternoon rolled in the heat soon became intolerable inside the junkyard that was his den. The kangaroo left the safety of it and headed down to the river in order to get a drink. It didn't take him long to reach the place and he was soon kneeling his head down and lapping up the cool liquids with desperate gulps. It felt wonderful, though the good vibes soon came to an end as he erupted into a violent fit of coughs. Edging away from the water's edge he rode out the coughs until they subsided, now leaving him struggling to catch his breath. Opening his eyes he looked down at the grass in front of him and noticed that blood now glistened on the blades of grass.

"Dammit..."

He hissed weakly as he used a paw to try and cover up the blood, but the sickly smell remained.

junkrat_by_s0s2-da9enwc.png
    Junkrat

25 moons - ShadowClan - Male - Kangaroo - Loves Fire & Explosions - Suffers from Radiation Poisoning

• this. this was exactly why luca had wanted to host a health checkup. the smell of blood was hard to hide from luca, and although his senses were dulled during the day he picked it up with ease. coughing and blood was a horrible combination, and as luca came upon the gravedigger he made sure to keep his distance. "wadda' ya got, rat boy?" luca asked suspiciously, eyeing the crimson stained grass at the kangaroo's feet. "nothing contagious, i hope." he continued, voicing the reason for the distance he was putting between himself and the marsupial. hopefully it was just lung cancer or something. that is, hopefully for luca, less so for junkrat.

DOESN'T IT SEEM LIKE A LIE?
    I LIKE YOU, YOU WHO ARE SO FILTHY INSIDE

shadowclan - temporarily a lioness - immortal and immoral

tags (19/7) - plot

• "Shit, boy," the hyena remarked with a grimace as he hobbled over, noticing the blood on the ground and the nasty smell of sickness, "you got throat cancer or something? Does that shit run in your family because you might be fucked." Cancer was nasty business, he remembered when the guy Bubblebreath came by with that raunchy ass tumor on their leg. It was gross and the tumor felt gross. "Or you could bronchitis, still a nasty work though," fuck they really needed a spiritcaller or something real soon. Ramsay couldn't help the clan by rattling off the shit he learned from a book after Haiiro left.

SIMPLY RAGE AND YOUTHFUL EXUBERANCE

EVERYBODY LOVES TO ROOT FOR A NUISANCE | TAGS | 7/9/17

WHY BE A KING WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD

• JUNKRAT

The kangaroo cast the two ShadowClanners a brief glance before immediately looking away again, sinking down low in a defensive mannerism. Even though it seemed pointless trying to clean up after himself now since they had seen and smelled it all he still seemed determined to hide it, if anything in denial to himself that he was sick. He didn't like admitting it, he never had, but from his days as a young joey he had been burdened with the accursed mark of death. It still scared him knowing that he would never know old age.

"I got nothin'."

He grumbled in a raspy tone, though in a low voice and without conviction. Soon enough though he lost his temper and simply began grabbing pawful after pawful of grass and dirt and hurling it into the river. It certainly cleared away the blood but not the evidence. The brief moment of anger sapped him of his energy and he ended up collapsing down onto his side, drawing in breaths that rattled within his chest.

"It ain't contagious... unless ya eat me, I guess. An' it's more than just lung cancer. It's radiation sickness. The cancer is in multiple places, mate. Ya think I'm this crazy by choice? The fat fecking tumour in me head is driving me half the time."

There was no cure and he was rotting away slowly over time, thankfully the good days still outnumbered the bad ones for the time being. Though in another two years he would likely be dead regardless of what he did. As well as having cancer he was also sterile, so no kids for him either.

Junkrat

25 moons - ShadowClan - Male - Kangaroo - Loves Fire & Explosions - Suffers from Radiation Poisoning

• Shit. The guy actually looked shook for real, that was an expression he didn't usually see on the kangaroo that seemed eternally chipper. Radiation sickness? Oh, fuck. How did he not guess that? The marsupial fucked around with dangerous shit all day, radioactive material probably got mixed in the bunch too. So this guy's days were numbered, was that why they dicked around so often because damn, that would make a lot of sense. "Ew, bruh. That sucks," tumors in multiple places, "do the tumors hurt or what?" If they did hurt and if they hyena was in the same situation, he might have offed himself a long time ago. Suffering was bad, especially if it couldn't be numbed. "Cos we can try to find medicine to soothe it, man. I know Haiiro's left a lot of shit in the spiritcaller room thing," the tawny beast would continue, not really minding that he was helping a gravedigger. In the end, the guy was still a clanmate.

• JUNKRAT

"Not sure yer clan medicines can do much here, mate. I mean, I winna stop ya from trying. Dunno, guess ya can use me as a test subject or sumthin' for future cases you guys'll see. Bet all the clans would benefit from a medical breakthrough, might mean I can do one good thing with me life."

Suffering so others further down the line can be saved or spared from the discomfort? It seemed like a noble ideal, and he knew cancer was everywhere, sparing no clan and attacking every age and species. In some ways even if they were an anti-clan group perhaps they can still share some alliance over such a sickness. It wasn't a good way to go out, frankly he wouldn't wish it on anyone. Though he wasn't necessarily in pain, but the pressure building in various locations in his body was irritating and distressing to say the very least.

"It doesnay hurt, not exactly anyway. Imagine someone poking ya with their paw, the pressure slowly building over time until it becomes unbearably uncomfortable and no matter how much ya beg them to stop they never will. That's how it feels fer me."

Struggling to sit up again he then reached a paw up to clean away the sliver of blood that was sat at the corner of his mouth after balancing himself on his haunches.

"Have we got any honey in the medical store? I wouldna mind a little bit... please."

Damn, resorting to manners? He must be sicker than he first thought.

Junkrat

• FREE WHAT YOU LOVE CUZ IT'S GONNA DIE ANYWAYS

Finnegan was no official medic, no. But anyone could take a look at the sickly looking hellshadow and know there was no way in hell he'd be fighting. He knew that. And honestly, he didn't want to spare the energy of fighting. He barely had enough energy as it was. So, Finnegan stuck to himself, to the stars and skies, and sought out books everynow and then to further his knowledge. He was extremely intelligent, truthfully. When his mind wasn't clouded by anger, he could think. He could observe. He could know. While not given the chance to show it often, the mass amounts of knowledge he had was there. Luckily for Junkrat, Finn was currently level headed and analytical.

"Whatever happened, you need to get in a confined room. While the sickness is not contagious, radiation travels. Since it's already seeped into you it's not much of a threat, but, based on the amounts of discomfort you're in, any physical touch to said areas by anyone else that holds longer than approximately 20 seconds could pose a threat for low-radiation sickness transferred. Aching, fever, you get the gist." Finnegan seemed to materialize out of the darkness and shade provided from the bushes and trees near the river, stormy eyes hard and analytical as he searched through his mind for answers and information that could possibly help. "Whatever you're feeling, Junkrat, is the result of the inflamed your muscles. The amount of radiation could have either torn away at your insides a bit. Or, if you're lucky, just agitated them." Finnegan added, looking over towards Luca and Ramsay before focusing back on the Marsupial in front of him. The hellshadow stood back for a minute, scrunching his face up in thought. "Where are the affected places?" Finnegan asked, though it seemed more like a demand than anything.

See, when finnegan's mind wasn't clouded with anger he was really and truly intelligent!

"Speech." + TAGS

• luca blinked at his words, raising a metaphorical brow. what had he done to get all that radiation in him? it'd suck ass to have something that slowly drove you mad (not that luca's corruption didn't- he could feel it tugging on his mind as they spoke, but that was different). he moved his gaze to stare at finnegan as he talked, a tired sigh tearing itself from his lips. he waited for his younger sibling to finish talking before he spoke. "i can get you some honey," he offered, not caring much for the science behind it all. the kitsune shifted, he was almost sympathetic. "but are you sure you don't want a mercy killing? i feel like it'd save a lot of trouble," he offered honestly, no malicious intent behind his words for once. luca just felt that, for people who couldn't heal like he could, that a quick death was a better option than suffering until you finally kicked the bucket.

DOESN'T IT SEEM LIKE A LIE?
    I LIKE YOU, YOU WHO ARE SO FILTHY INSIDE

shadowclan - temporarily a lioness - immortal and immoral

tags (19/7) - plot

• JUNKRAT

So he could potentially irradiate others? Okay, now that spooked Junkrat. He had hung out with a couple individuals in particular and now he found himself fretting over their health now. Though he was probably panicking to an unreasonable degree, it wasn't like he was holding onto others anyway apart from brief pats and nudges. Though really he wasn't fond of being embraced or hug, funnily because of the discomfort pressured touches brought him.

Focusing his attention on Finnegan he listened to the hellshadow speak, his eyes betraying his growing distress. It was becoming all a little much for the kangaroo and more than anything he just wanted to run. But he couldn't, and he knew he needed to face the problem.

"If it effects the muscles as well I guess dat explains why mine never really developed, or rather why they seem to be withering away. Most male 'roos are buff, but not me."

Just thinking about all those big males flexing and showing off to the female kangaroos played through his mind, and here he was looking all scrawny and pathetic. At least he was taller than most kangaroos, one good dice roll of the genetics game.

Sighing lightly he then conjured up a sticker sheet of shiny gold stars and began to use those to pinpoint the areas of most discomfort for reference for Finnegan. One on the top of head just slightly to the right, another on his chest on the left, one over the liver area, another just below in the region of his intestines, one over his right kidney region, one up by the collar bone on the right, and the final sticker he hesitated with, fiddling with it before cringing and placing it down in the groin region. He forced himself to stand up straight, which was easier now that his energy was returning at last and it helped to show off the location of the stickers. He found himself unable to look at anyone at that point.

"Those are where I can feel 'em. The ones I know about. I imagine there could be more."

At the mention of a mercy killing the kangaroo seemed to stiffen, horror descending over his features.

"I... I ain't ready fer that yet. I dinna want ta die."

It soon became too much, that was the final push over the edge and he slumped down again as he felt small. Tears soon started to roll down his face and it looked like reverse mascara as they started flowing, cleaning away the soot below his eyes.

//Oops, got ninja'd

Junkrat

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jamison Fawkes ().

• /REVERSE MASCARA LMFAO

It was rough. No wonder Junkrat did crazy shit all the time. The marsupial's days were numbered and if bothering someone in Blizzardclan was on their bucket list, Ramsay sure as hell now understood. The kangaroo spoke with a negative light because of their inevitable fate, and shit, it got the hyena thinking, humans had a way for solving this kind of sickness right? They must have. He remembered skimming over something that mentioned cancer 'treatments' but then again, that was just to alleviate the pain and not to cure. It was like a death sentence.

Anyhow, Finnegan appeared seemingly out of nowhere with actual knowledge on his subject. The hyena was rather surprised on how detailed the younger male's information dump was. As for the idea that the radiation could spread through contact, it didn't bother him that much, he was already drinking himself to death. A little bit of radiation wouldn't hurt, would it? And like what Luca suggested, if life became unbearable, he'll off himself, at least he told himself he'd do that.

Junkrat spoke once more and seemed to wilt with every sentence. Shit, this was making him a little depressed. As he noticed the marsupial's tear ducts begin to flood their eyes, the striped beast would scoot over and attempt to give the sticker covered kangaroo a hug of sorts, "hey man, just don't think about it, aight? You're not going to die today."

• JUNKRAT

Junkrat's eyes were squeezed shut as he cried, the fear of the end and embarrassment of opening up all turning into a disgusting moment of turmoil for him and he wished he hadn't been caught. Or maybe he should have lied, just... just anything! Living as someone being hated seemed better than having everyone being sympathetic towards him, he didn't want to be treated like he was fragile. He just wanted to treated like another person, even if he was a bad guy in their eyes.

Though the thoughts that were crushing him down were soon smeared away as something quite strange happened. The kangaroo stiffened, his eyes shooting wide open with confusion. What was even going on? What was Ramsay doing?! Was he going to kill him? No, that didn't seem to be it. Then it dawned on him, he was being hugged. Junkrat pretty much melted at that moment into the physical contact, aiming to wrap his arms around the hyena as he craved just a little more contact despite the twisting pain filling his abdomen from the pressure generated by the hug itself. But he didn't care, the contact just felt too good to ignore. Plus it was rare for anyone to touch him, mainly because he was generally covered in soot or grime, or worse things. So unfortunately Ramsay would likely develop a Junkrat-shaped smudge on his fur after this.

Junkrat

• It was odd to see someone reveal something so private to themselves. The uncomfortable aura radiating off of the marsupial was nearly palpable and the hyena could relate to it. Ramsay didn't like to have or reveal deep and tender emotions like these either. Showing weakness or vulnerability was a hell no in his book and to see the other usually spunky male crack like this was awful. There wasn't much he could do to help but offer support by embracing the crying kangaroo in a hug. After all, Ramsay himself would have wanted this kind of support if something like this happened to him. It was only right. Hell, it never really occurred to him that the kangaroo was that covered in soot. It was just another part of the marsupial that he never really considered as dirty, it was just a Junkrat look, he supposed. But getting his pelt dirty was nothing, all he wanted to do was help. "You wanna do something fun?" He then queried, not ready to release the other male from the hug until they were ready. Anyhow, they really needed to get Junkrat's mind off the sickness. Distractions. Hmm. What could distract an explosion loving creature?