Insane old lady (p, Minnownose) is at it again

It's that time of month again, check out the gatherings! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Come check out our October Spotlight Contest!
The winners of the September Spotlight Contest are as follows: Art: Tikki! And writing: Spoopius! Congratulations!
FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Looking for a traditional clan that causes some chaos w/ the coolest kids around? Check out BloodClan!

• As the oldest cat in the forest, Whitescar, of course, suffered from what every other elder her age had. Aching bones, loss of appetite at times, poor mental health, and the worse.... "Minnownose, that's it! I can't stay cooped up in camp anymore, so we're going on our own patrol," yowled the elder, storming past the deputy. With the recent Bloodclan attacks and raid, no one was really suppose to go out alone.

"Well? Keep up, why don't 'cha!" Any reasoning with the elder would be in vain, since she was in one of her infamous moods, of which others would dub as 'crazy cat elder.' Often Whitescar would even forget she was an elder, demanding to be sent on a hunting party (of which, her age would make her as graceful as a fish out of water) or on the worse occasion she would wander out, not returning for hours or days at worst. Often times she would be found passed out on a branch somewhere, sometimes on the border of Skyclan.

Rabbit | Windclan | She-cat Deputy

Orange american bobtail with green eyes, fluffy white tail, formally loner

Dreamcloud | Shadowclan | She-cat Warrior

Chocolate-point Siamese with short fur, fluffy tail, and crystal blue eyes

Ambersplash | Riverclan | Tom Warrior

Van bicolor cat (white and orange) with dark amber eyes

Torrentpath | Bloodclan | Tom Inferior

Large fluffy gray tabby with amber eyes, formally Riverclan, formally Thunderclan

Whitescar | Skyclan | She-cat Elder

Fluffy grey elder with white stripe over brown eye, and white tail tip

Badgerfang | Skyclan | Tom Warrior

Proud tuxedo clanborn with green eyes and a large family

Lionpaw | Thunderclan | Tom Apprentice

Brown fluffy tabby with green eyes and sleeping disorder

• //I just wanna say I literally laughed at that Whitescar is my fave

Minnownose, that's it!

The deputy looks up from one of the younger cats she had somehow found herself looking after. It was nothing she couldn't walk away from, just an older NPC kit complaining about not being able to go out. Just like Whitescar, she supposes. The first thought that crosses her mind is What did I do? just like a kit being scolded by a mother. She supposed, with the elder being the oldest in the Clan, it wasn't a stretch to see the she-cat as a motherly figure to most of the group.

Minnownose rises to her paws and starts to slowly make her way over, already having a speech prepared to keep Whitescar in the camp. Something about BloodClan and how she's getting older or something. It immediately evaporates from her mind, however, when she realizes that she's being left behind.

The light tabby picks up her pace until she can walk beside Whitescar, letting out a puff of air. How is it that I'm out of breath keeping up with Whitescar, shouldn't it be the other way around? "And where are we going today, Whitescar?"

• "Anywhere 'cept here," she muttered with a spring in her step as they leaft the camp. "Hm, but I was thinkin' a lovely wall, maybe go see the orchid n what those crazy twolegs are doin' this year. Oh, there's this one that tends to the orchid, 'en he has a son or sm'thing. Point is, he was a waddlin' nightmare when I was just an apprentice! And-"

As the elder rambled on and on, she had charged headfirst, heedless of danger- or ditches. She tumbled for a bit before regaining her step, carrying on as if she has not just almost fallen on her face. "Anyway, he was no bigger than you when you stand up, 'n now he's as tall as any other grown twoleg! I swear, wished that happened to me! Twolegs get it nice, I tell ya!"

Large fluffy gray tabby with amber eyes, formally Riverclan, formally Thunderclan

• "The orchid, sounds like a plan," Minnownose said cheerfully as they walked along. All things considered, Minnownose had no idea what the elder was talking about. Something about a twoleg who's grown up at the same time she has? The deputy decided not to ask questions, and just go with it. No use trying to understand, maybe it being a confusing adventure will make it more fun.

Minnownose let out a gasp as Whitescar stumbled, though the elder seemingly brushed it off without missing a step before she could move forward to steady her. The tabby didn't even feel like a simple Are you alright? would be necessarily, nor appreciated. Whitescar didn't even seem to notice she fell! Instead she just lets out a laugh as the two continue on there way, "I suppose so. They definitely have the advantage, what with their tall selves. Though I suppose they're just as clumsy." Minnownose slips in the slight jab with just as much happiness as ever at the banter.

• "Least they stay young and clumsy! Trust me, gettin' old is no fun. I envy you youngsters- oh how I wish I could sour through the trees again!" Climbing over a log, the elder had a bit of dificulty getting herself over it, before landing on the othet side. "Tell me, how's your new deputy life?"

• Minnownose lets out a laugh, "At least you're clumsy on the ground, if I have to deal with one more mousebrain complaining about tripping out of trees, I'll eat my own paw."

The tabby keeps her eyes on the elder as they brace the log, trying not to be too obvious that she's making sure the other can make it safely. Minnownose takes the time worrying to consider the question about her deputyship. The first thing that comes to mind was simply hard. Fulfilling, but hard. The tabby just shrugs, "It's a lot of work, I suppose. But it feels like I care for half of the stray kits that looking after some cranky warriors who don't want to go out hunting isn't that much different," she says with the same cheerful voice as always, trying not to dwell to much on the things she has to do. "Did you ever consider being a deputy, or leader?"

• "Did you ever consider being a deputy, or leader?"

When did I not? Though she had not wished for anything but a wonderful life for a long time, Whitescar remembered her own dreams when she was younger. All the way back to her kithood, as Sparkkit, she had grown up dreaming of being the best warrior in the clan. She was even mentored by the deputy, and little Sparkpaw wished nothing more than to follow in his footsteps.

How many moons did I dedicate myself to training alone? Yet what did I get...? In the end, Sparkstripe never became deputy, and only succeeded in isolating herself from her clan. Seasons passed, and it wasn't until she found herself surrounded by new faces did she realize how much of her life she wasted on her own ambitions. It was only then Sparkstripe settled down, found a mate, and had her own kits well into her life. "Yes, I used to dream of nothing else when I was your age," the elder mused, her voice low.

"Obviously I never became it, but a word of advice: you can dream and work as hard as you'd like, but in the end your fighting prowless or quick-wit ain't what got ya into yer percision." As they traveled, Whitescar's voice was steady and lacked its usual rasp that she had, imstead being clear and holding the wisdom she had due to her long life. "Don't get me wrong, it's important to be the best warrior you can be, but one only becomes deputy when they fall into the role. Taking care of your clanmates, being reliable, and knowing your clanmates... that's what got you your position."

"Heh, I learned late that being deputy, or a leader, ain't just something you earn- it's givin' to you. It's why your our deputy. Poppystar trusted you to have it.... and I think you're a perfect fit." Pushing through a bush, she could see the perfectly planted trees that the twoleg took care of.

• Minnownose gave a thoughtful nod as the elder spoke. If anything, she felt relieved by Whitescar's words in a way that she didn't expect. The tabby had long been concerned about the Clan's reception of her promotion. Minnownose didn't want to sound conceited, but knew she was generally well-liked by the group. Always being around to offer encouragement or a listening ear would do that, she supposed. But Minnownose knew that her being deputy meant that SkyClan was basically being run by a bunch of young warriors who are, arguably, over their head. She wasn't sure how some older warriors would react with that in mind.

But if she had this grump of an elder on her side, she must have done something right.

"I'm glad to hear you say that," Minnownose admits, "Perhaps my taking care of the more difficult of the Clan's young made me just a bit more likeable." Her adoptive son, Bramblepaw, seemed to be MIA lately, which the rest of the Clan appreciated. He had been confrontational as a way to hide his feelings from a young age, and Minnownose keeping a close eye on him at all times seemed to earn her more than one sigh of relief.

As the tabby sees the trees, she switches the subject, "So, do you see your favorite Twoleg?"

• Peering out, Whitescar's copper gaze swept over the land that belonged to the twolegs. She stopped, pointing her tail to one of the tree's branches. "He's kinda hidden, but he's in that tree," she meowed, pointing out a teen boy in the tree, holding a strange, shiny rock that had one side glowing. "Dear Starclan, twolegs are crazy," muttered the crazy elder.

• Minnownose looked carefully into the tree to find the boy. The tabby looked closely, trying to figure out what he's doing. Maybe gathering whatever the tree produced, but why? Twolegs were big enough to get whatever they wanted without much effort put in, surely. Though, why does anyone do anything. "I wonder why he's doing that," Minnownose commented, "If it's for fun or for work, anyway."