"Ponies just.... don't understand what they fear...."(Private)

The July Spotlight Contest winners have been decided! In first place for writing was Rebs! In first place for art is Fabrie! Congratulations!
Come participate in the August Spotlight Contest!
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
Looking to to join a trad Clan? Join BloodClan, home of the ruthless and calculating!
The Creative Engineer Applications are ending tomorrow, August 16th, at 12:00pm Central Time!
  • To say that Lost Soul wasn't like most unicorns, or even ponies, was an understatement....

She is a very quiet young unicorn, still a filly without a cutie mark, with a tiny sharply-pointed horn and a midnight black body with ghostly light grey and misty light blue wisped together in her wavy mane and tail and icy blue glowing eyes that seemed to hold knowledge beyond her years.

She 'lives' in the alley ways of her home village and finds food where ever she can, seeing as no pony who knows her will come even within a few hoofsteps near her.

Lost Soul is considered the freak of the town where she lives, all adults avoid her like a plague and all younger ponies pick on and bully her like a circus freak whenever she leaves safety of the alley ways during the day.

Whenever a pony observes her for a while they often see several things, she is seen always having this emotionless expression on her face as long as other ponies are around, speaks in a quiet whispery yet emotionless voice, sometimes she stares off randomly into space with an unsettling blank expression on her face, seeming to talk to air or beings that she could only see, and the fact that her eyes seem to give off a creepy glow in the dark.

She also never responds to the feared gazes of the adults or the taunting teases of the children, knowing that saying or doing anything would only make things worse for her or just not change anything.

If you are wondering this little filly has always been on her own, she doesn't even have any memories of who her parents were, her only companions was a little Vampire Fruit Bat she had creatively named 'Fruit' and the 'invisible beings' that most ponies see her talking to.

It is for this many reasons that this young unicorn mostly comes out at night, when everypony else is asleep, when it is dark, when she can be at peace, when she can happily be with her friends, and especially when the stars and moon are most beautiful.

Oh?

You want to know the reason?

You want to know why they do this to a little filly?

Why they ignore her?

Why they torment her?

Why they fear her?

Why they despise her?

....It's simple really.

She can see spirits, she can talk to spirits, she can interact with spirits, she can even revel spirits with her magic if it is strong enough.

It is an amazing and wonderful experience for Lost Soul, she loves being with them and talking to them like good friends but....

Ponies fear what they can't understand, they don't understand supernatural things like spirits so they fear them and anypony associated with them.

No pony can understand how Lost Soul feels.... to be rejected and feared for only being herself....

But maybe... just maybe... that might be untrue...... 

OOC: ....Yeah this is what happens when I get highly inspired by a beautiful song and perfect animation... Sorry I don't have a picture of Lost Soul, I'm not really good at art yet and I couldn't find a pony maker thing that could capture her appearance properly.

Anyways so this RP takes place before Luna becomes Nightmare Moon(which is still going to be unavoidable, just saying) and gets banished to the moon, it's around the time Luna notices how unappreciated she was compared to her sister. This is when she meets Lost Soul, who is in a similar situation.

I was thinking that after the two meet Luna could take Lost Soul under her wing as her student, and maybe almost like an adoptive sister or daughter, despite the objections of other ponies around her.

I would love to develop more of the plot when someone joins so I can hear their creative ideas as well, not just mine, so we can make this fun for the both of us~ (Although I do have some ideas that I would like to share once someone joins~)

I would prefer this RP to be at least sort of semi-advanced so please have proper grammar and complete sentences please~

And be prepared to do and include other ponies as well, especially Princess Celestia, cause their are other ponies going to be involved so we can probably spilt the RPing between the two of us when it comes to others aside from our main ponies. Ok?

I hope we can enjoy RPing together~ ^w^

And here is the video that inspired me to do this, in case you were wondering:

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

Look up at the sky, it is raining Despair Waffles~ Upupupupu~

Now who is ready for a DESPAIR BLITZ?!?!?! HIT IT!!!!!

• Just let me get this starter out while its in my head.

IC:

"Thank you Princess. May you have many joys in the days to come!" A pony said before backing out, heading down the hall nearly running into Princess Luna without so much as an "excuse me." Luna went to correct the pony, but no sooner did she open her mouth then the excited pony rounded a corner. She shook her head and continued on int othe throne room. "Sister!" She said her face breaking into a grin. Her eyes sparkled with happiness as her sister lifted her head to look at the younger. "Luna." The elder said and for a moment Luna froze. The tone in her sisters voice more royal then happy. "I was wondering if you would like some help with the courts?" She asked, looking at the older princess's eyes, noting the tiredness they held in them." "That was the last, I told you before its best leave the political qualms to me, you neededn't stress over where to plant fields or where to make farmlands." The younger sister gritted her teeth. "I am not a filly anymore, I can help out!" She retorted and the older sister stamped a hoof. "Luna enough, I am retiring for the night, it is best you do the same after your duties." The younger, Luna watched as her sister passed by her, not so much as a glance back. "Am I not a Princess too? Am I not worthy of seeing the people, hearing their stories?" She asked sadly as she headed for the balcony, her horn glowing with the spell that would lower the sun for the moons rise. As the all too familiar celestial bodies followed their ancient paths Luna saw the town below her. "Perhaps a walk among them will show them that I care, even if my sister keeps me out of their troubles." She decided, opening her wings to swoop down into the town. The moon shone off her coat, the navy blue giving way to a more purplish hue. Her teal eyes scanning the area around her as she landed in the towns square.

• OOC: Oh wow, thank you so much for joining me in this!!! 0w0 Before I start my own post, yours was perfect by the way, would you mind if I mention something first?

(P.S. I love your profile picture~ ^w^)

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• OOC: Ah, I can understand that~ I only wanted to bring up two things~:

1) Since Lost Soul can see spirits you can feel free to put your own pony OCs in this as spirits who talk to her and are pretty much her only friends other than her little vampire fruit bat friend. I actually will have one spirit pony, she is an elderly earth pony named Herbal Remedy, myself but feel free to add as many as you want~

2) While Lost Soul can see spirits she can also see dark spirits, I call them Shadow Ponies until I can come up with a better name, and they are black and shadowy silhouettes of ponies with creepy red eyes. And normally they are the ones who speak dark whispers into ponies ears (only Lost Soul can see them without a spell to see them) and cause them to start to be heavily influenced by any negative emotion. They are similar to the Wendigoes and the Sirens but the difference is that if the negative emotions manage to fully control that pony's heart the Shadow Pony will be able to gain control of that pony's body and do whatever they want to cause more misery (all the while they slowly absorb the pony's soul to turn them into another Shadow Pony once they die). And since Lost Soul can see them and is unaffected by their manipulation they love to torment her, especially by using other ponies during the day but they do often chase and terrorize her at night if they can find her too. And if you are alright with it we could say they are part of the influence to make the royal sisters growing distant with each other and by using this we could change up the plot a bit from the actual cannon series. What do you think? (Sorry if this is a bit much.)

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• OOC: I'm glad you like the idea~ Now here is my first post, and like I said feel free to add any of your OCs to be spirit ponies being Lost Soul's friends~

IC: In the middle of a small village in Equestria it was in the middle of the night when all is quiet and everypony is sound asleep..... well all except one...

A tiny black unicorn, only a young filly without a cutie mark, popped her head out from the alley way she had been staying the entirety of the day and hesitantly walking out to make sure no one else was out and about this time of night. She let out a small sigh of relief when she spotted no one but her attention was suddenly directed towards a small winged animal that came out of her main, flew around her head, and finally landing on the top of the young unicorn's horn as if it was his perch as he let out a small squeak causing the young pony to let out a small giggle at the bat's antics. This was the only time the two of them can be out and about without being disturbed by anypony who would mock or harm them.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• OOC Might add some few characters after Luna and Lost meet.

Luna walked the streets of the town, peering into windows as she went. Her heart filled with sadness as she realized that no one was up to see the moon rise, not even some young pony up for a drink or something. She continued on her path before hearing something, she rounded the corner her eyes narrowed in case it was someone she had to be wary of, her horn glowing ready to cast a spell. However soon she saw the form and her magic stopped. "Young one, why are you out without a parent?" She asked trying not to scare the filly.

• OOC: Okie dokie lokie~ ^w^

IC: Lost Soul let out a gasp as she quickly turned around only for her eyes to widen when she saw Princess Luna standing there, the spirits have told this young filly many things about the world including the two royal sisters, causing the small unicorn to start shaking timidly," I-I-I have n-no parents m-mam...." she stuttered out to the Lunar Princess as she took a couple timid steps back while putting Fruit back in her mane, fearing that she would look at the black pony in scorn just as any other pony has upon seeing her.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• Lunas eyes narrowed as she saw something retreat within the confines of the fillys mane. "What is that?" She inquired tilting her head. "And are you on your way home? I can walk with you if you'd like. No harm will come to you." //sorry its short I gotta do something irl e.e//

• OOC: It's ok friend, I understand~ ^w^

IC: "A-Actually mam m-m-my home is j-just over t-t-there," Lost Soul said shyly as she pointed towards the ally way she came out of, at the box in the ally way in particular, but didn't answer the first question as she tried to keep her curious bat friend from coming back out and giving his usual 'greeting' to every new pony they meet. (Fruit greets people by getting right in their face and sniffs at them before letting out a squeak.)

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• Lunas horn glowed she wouldn't harm the filly but her spell would part her mane to reveal the creature hiding within. "You live in the streets?" She asked curiously. She wondered for just a moment, if she had not been born royal, with her love for the night as this filly seemed to have, would she be in the same position. However she quickly banished the thoughts focusing back on the filly.

• Before Lost Soul could answer the Lunar Princess' question Fruit suddenly popped his head out of the filly's mane and looked at the Alicorn with a curious gaze before getting out of the black unicorn's grasp and flew over to where the older male was. And despite Lost Soul's small voiced protests the tiny vampire fruit bat promptly landed on Luna's face and curiously sniffed the new pony and let out a soft curious squeak. "I-I-I'm s-so sorry mam, F-Fruit does that to a-almost every new pony he sees! He is j-just saying hello!" the small unicorn frantically explained and apologized for his friend, hoping that the princess wouldn't freak out like every other pony had when Fruit did this sort of thing.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• Lunas eyes crossed watching the bat before they softened. "Aren't you a cute little guy!" She cooed to the bat. "Where did you get him? I thought they rarely ventured this close to the town." She said. Her sister would, when they were younger, let her roam the towns and she would see bats on the outskirts but never this close in.

• Fruit sniffed the princess a bit more before letting out a friendly squeak and then flew back to Lost Soul and landed back on top of her small horn," I-I found him just outside of town when he was smaller mam, he was just on the ground letting out sad cries. I tried to find his parents but I couldn't find any bats he recognized so he ended up staying with me and sleeping in my mane during the day. We became each other's family since we both didn't have any," the young filly explained, still shy but less stuttering, to Luna as she reached up and gave her little friend a gentle pet on the head.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• "Well it seems you are taking great care of each other." Luna smiled. "Please call me Luna, you must be hungry, perhaps you would like to come to the castle to have some food? Its less occupied at night so you needn't worry about being bothered." She offered.

• Lost Soul looked shocked, sure she was hungry and all she had today was a moldy piece of bread and a half eaten apple (and that was a good day) but she honestly had never offer her actual food until now," B-But wouldn't I-I be a b-burden? W-Why waist f-food on s-someone as worthless as m-me?" the black unicorn couldn't help but question, thinking of all the negative things that other ponies had called her, despite her stomach screaming at her for food.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• "I see something in you." Luna admitted. "Something that reminds you of myself. Let me guess you are shunned by the other ponies, outcasted by all who meet you. You sleep during the day to avoid being around others because of the looks and teasing. The night is most peaceful for you, and the safest time of day."

• Lost Soul's blue eyes only seemed to widen as she continued to look at the Lunar Princess in surprise," H-How do you know t-that?" the small filly couldn't help but ask because all the words Luna had said were true, nighttime was safest for her and it is the best time she could be with her friends that nopony else could see.

Upupupupupupupupupupupu~

• "Because its the same for me." Luna said. "All the world sees is my sister, when I try to aide her she casts me out, telling me that its her duty as the oldest to deal with problems of the commoners. The ponies barely think of me as a princess, and none care for my night as much as sisters day." She looked to the moon, for a fraction of a moment her eyes narrowed into slits before returning to normal.