flower girl / private, duskrain

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
  • Twopaw was still rather shocked that Bearstar had named her one of Duskrain's apprentices. She was glad that both she and Owlkit would get to train side-by-side, though she did feel bad for Duskrain having to train two apprentices. Perhaps if she learned a few things herself, she could aid her mentor in teaching Owlkit every once in a while, especially since she was about two moons older than the other she-cat. Limping into the den that smelled of sweet herbs, the chimera looked around for her new mentor. She'd never interacted with Duskrain, though the she-cat had patched up her leg for her. She didn't know much about her but figured she'd be nice enough if she'd been named a medicine cat. If not, Twopaw was in for it. She was sensitive and couldn't put up with harsh personalities.

Calm down, I'm sure Duskrain is wonderful and you'll learn to really like her, she assured herself. StarClan had blessed her with this opportunity and had saved her from the life of a warrior, she should trust that they'd make training easy for her too. "D-Duskrain?" Twopaw asked, using her smell and sight to make up for the lack of hearing, hoping her mentor was in her den so she didn't look completely stupid asking for her.

action / "speaking" / thoughts

tags / plot

?thumbnail=1

i am the color of boom

tags + plot + played by cherokee

art by orokana

• hmm? oh, right. she had an apprentice now. duskrain mentally cursed and finished wrapping a small bundle of herbs so they didn't wither in the sunlight. "coming!" the fem toddled out to the front, bits of leaves stuck in her fur. "hello twopaw."

• Twopaw smiled shyly at her mentor and nodded her head in greeting. "Hello. I-I was wondering if we co-could have a lesson today... if you aren't bu-busy," she said meekly, tipping her head quizzically to the side. She sure hoped Duskrain said yes because she wanted to learn as much as possible as soon as possible so she felt less useless to her Clan.

?thumbnail=1

i am the color of boom

art by orokana

• "of course!" though she had an extensive knowledge of medicine before she came to darkclan, duskrain wished to be a better mentor than thrushmumble had been. the tom was constantly in and out of her training, and she didn't want that for twopaw. "how about we start with the herbs for basic injuries?"

• Twopaw smiled when Duskrain agreed to train her for a bit today. The she-cat settled on the ground, looking up at the stock of herbs. Basic healing herbs - she already knew of cobwebs, poppy seeds, and marigold, as they'd been used to heal her mangled leg, but she would listen anyways since she still didn't really know much about what they did.

?thumbnail=1

i am the color of boom

art by orokana