warriors with a destiny [private]

The winners of the latest giveaway are: Rose Petals and Azeda!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Dragonball Fighter Z! Check here for more info!
The winner of the latest giveaway is: Chara (Undertale)!! Congratulations!

The next giveaway is for Vampyre! Check here for more info!

• Here's the thread! I call dibs on the RainWing, but feel free to choose which other three tribes you want to play.

"Brought a knife to hell and saw
    What was left down there and more
    Hide-and-seek'd for far too long
    Kept my treasures with my bones"
    primarina_sprite_by_profkrd-dami33n.png

"Lived for lies, lived for tales
    Lived for good and hit the rails
    Love you, boy, with what I know
    Hid that love up with my bones"

The post was edited 3 times, last by ubecakes ().

• I can be the SeaWing, SkyWing, and IceWing if you'd like!

281363.png

please plot with me! currently very into MCU (Tony x my oc) and Mystic Messenger (seven x my oc) and I will double up for you!

• (( Alright! I'll start us off! Just jump in once you come up with names for them! ))

It was yet another mundane day. The dragonlings were supposed to be studying for the war. They were in the library right now just to study it. But Landslide the MudWing didn't feel like studying. He felt as if he heard about the prophecy a million times before. He knew that Heliconia (the RainWing), Sidewinder (the SandWing), and Castlestormer (the NightWing) also probably memorized everything by now.

Once the war has lasted many years
    With the land soaked in blood and tears
    Battles rage in borders between
    Amidst the pain and peril
    The dragonlings remain unseen

A dragonling in the hidden palace of the sea
    A dragonling hidden in the canopies of trees
    One dragonling of slight blue
    Another with a reddish hue

One dragonling's egg of the night benign
    Another dragonling egg in the castle of sky
    A pale yellow egg hidden in endless sands
    Seven dragonlings come to bring peace to the lands

The ground soaked with blood and tears
    The war's end will draw near
    The queen's hunger for power will end
    And the death of all dragons will not ascend

That was the prophecy that he was a part of, and it was practically drilled into his head right now. Landslide and his friends had been stuck for sixteen years in gloomy caves. Everywhere around them, jagged, stony corners closed in on them. The only grasp of the outside world that they ever got was from the sky hole in the ceiling of the library, and from the pictures in the scrolls. They only had to wait two more years before being set free, but that felt too long. Landslide wanted to go out into the outside world right now. He didn't want to be trapped here anymore. But alas, this was exactly what the guardians warned them against. About being too young to go out into the world and enjoy what could be waiting for them outside. He had never seen what it was like outside before, as he and his friends' eggs were stolen before they hatched. They were all around the same age as each other, since all of the dragonlings were born on the same night when all three moons of Pyrrhia were full. It was common knowledge that they would be hatched at the same time.

• Eira (the IceWing) was dutifully studying the war, although she was learning nothing new. A glance at her friends revealed that Marella (the Seawing) was pretending to study but was really more focused on whatever Phoenix (the SkyWing) was saying to her. Turning her attention to the rest of her friends, Eira came to the conclusion that they were all as bored as she was, if not more. Clearly Phoenix was, he had given upon even trying to look as though he was studying.

281363.png

please plot with me! currently very into MCU (Tony x my oc) and Mystic Messenger (seven x my oc) and I will double up for you!

• They were all in the study cave right now. The study cave had stacks of scrolls around them that they could read, and right on the ceiling there was a hole that they called the sky hole. It was their only way to know what exactly the outside world was like, though it wasn't much. And they certainly couldn't fit through the sky hole to go outside, either.

"Guys? I'm bored," Landslide said. He let out a sigh. He wanted something fun to do. He didn't know why the guardians had to make them study a war that they've studied over and over again by now. Sure, it was interesting to learn more about theories on the Dragonlings of Destiny (which apparently every dragon in the outside world had been calling them) and what they'll do to stop the war, but even that gets tiring sometimes.

"Shh, quiet," Castlestormer the NightWing fretted in a low voice. He held a scroll in his talons, but he put it back into one of the scroll racks in the study cave and then pulled out another scroll. "If the guardians hear us, then they might assume that we're slacking off and they would be mad," he muttered. He opened up the scroll and started to read it.

Landslide understood Castlestormer's fear of the guardians. Peregrine the SkyWing, Cuttlefish the SeaWing, and Solar the SandWing were their guardians, and Peregrine and Solar weren't particularly kind. They treated all of the dragonlings quite cruelly, especially Heliconia, since she wasn't supposed to be part of the prophecy in the first place. Landslide heard the story of one of the original second SkyWing egg being hidden up in the rainforest trees by a mother who wanted to flee the tyranny of the SkyWing queen, but the dragon who stole the egg, an IceWing named Polar, was killed, and the egg was smashed with him, and Heliconia's egg was retrieved as a last minute replacement.

RainWings didn't seem to have much of a good reputation, since the guardians were constantly calling Heliconia 'lazy' and saying things like "Lazy as a RainWing" and all that, but Landslide didn't think that Heliconia was lazy at all. The only guardian who didn't do this was Cuttlefish, who treated the dragonlings kinder than Peregrine and Solar did but did not do much to stop the other two from treating them awfully.

"All of this history is so confusing, though," murmured Sidewinder. He was an odd-looking SandWing. He was smaller than the other dragonlings and his scales were an unnatural gold color for a SandWing, and his eyes were green, too, which was also quite uncommon for a SandWing. "Why don't the three sides just sit down and talk out an end to the war?"

• "Because that would be smart." Eira muttered as she resumed her studying. She was the second smallest of the group with scales that usually appeared a shiny white, but when in certain light appeared silvery. She glanced at Sidewinder, understanding where he was coming from. "If they sat down to talk, there would be no need for us."

"And then we wouldn't have to pretend to still be studying all of this." Phoenix spoke a bit louder than he meant to, falling silent when Marella glared at him.

"Just because you're fine with getting in trouble doesn't mean we are." The teal scaled dragon reminded her dark red friend. Marella was usually quite even tempered, but she didn't want to get into trouble again because of her golden eyed friend.

281363.png

• "You know, if we wanted to do something fun, then maybe we can do a play," Heliconia suggested, shrugging. The RainWing's scales were dark green with orange stripes today. "I mean, we can do a play on how the war started or something. That still counts as studying while we're doing something fun, right?" she asked.

• "I mean... technically they couldn't get upset with us." Eira agreed after a moment of thinking over Heliconia's idea. They would have to learn about the war to do a play on the war.

"Let's do it then!" Marella jumped on the chance to do something other than sit in the library and spend the day studying.

281363.png

• "Great," said Landslide. "That sounds fantastic." He was willing to somehow get out of doing boring studying.

"This is not proper studying," Castlestormer pointed out. His black NightWing scales made him nearly invisible in the dark shadows between the torches. He swept a few scrolls between his talons and began to neatly stack them into triangles. "Perhaps I should read to everyone instead."

"Three moons, anything but that," Heliconia said from the ledge above him. "Maybe later, when we're trying to fall asleep." Her long, delicate snout turned into a darker shade like emerald green and ripples of iridescent blue shimmered across her scales and vibrant purples swirled across her tail.

"Um...I can play Queen Paradise if you want me to," Sidewinder said, not caring about gender.

• A soft snicker came from Phoenix as Heliconia shut Castlestormer down.

"And I can be Queen Eirwyn." Eira offered as she swept the scrolls she had been reading up, helping Castlestormer to stack them not wanting to leave them out.

Marella and Phoenix were engaged in somekind of whispered debated, most likely due to Phoenix snickering at Castlestormer.

281363.png

• "Great, so we have two of the roles down. I'll play Diamondback, the smartest of the three SandWing sisters," Heliconia said, shooting a look at Marella and Phoenix. It was true that Diamondback was typically considered the smartest, while Phacelia was (arguably) the nicest but was stupid and Rattlesnake was strong but violent. Then she looked at Landslide. "Landslide, do you want to play the human who killed Queen Paradise?" she asked.

"That's hardly fair," Castlestormer said after thanking Eira for helping him stack the scrolls. "He's twice Sidewinder's size. A real human would be smaller than him, according to this scroll over here. It says that humans have no wings, no scales, and no tail, and they walk on two legs, which sounds very unstable to me. I bet they fall over all the time. They like treasure nearly as much as dragons do. The scrolls say humans attack lone dragons and steal—"

"Oh my gosh, we know," Heliconia snapped. "We were all here for the fascinating lectures about them. Don't make me come down there and bite you, Castlestormer."

"I'd like to meet a real human," Landslide spoke up. "I'd rip off its head. And eat it!" He pounded his front talons on the stone below him. "I bet it would taste better than the mouthfuls of feathers Peregrine keeps bringing us."

• "They seem pretty defenseless too. With no scales, they'd have to be really sneaky." Eira commented after responding to Castlestormer thanking her. "But we don't have a real human on hand so I guess if Landslide wants he could do the human." She agreed.

Marella just waited for the others to stop talking so she could give her input. "We aren't exactly being super historically accurate here. But I'll be whoever you need me to be, just try not to argue over it." Phoenix rolled his eyes at the teal dragon, she never seemed to get upset unless others were angry at her.

"I'll be Rattlesnake." Phoenix decided, choosing the strongest sister to be.

281363.png

• "Got it," said Heliconia. "And Castlestormer, if you want to, then you could be Phacelia."

"Urgh, alright," Castlestormer said. Landslide found it hilarious that Castlestormer, one of the smartest dragons that Landslide ever met, was the one playing the dumbest sister.

"Here, this can be your weird mini sword thing," Heliconia said. She swung her tail in a long arc and smashed a stalagmite loose. Shards of rock flew across the cave and then Landslide hefted the sharp rock 'sword' in his claws and grinned wickedly at Sidewinder.

"Don't actually hurt me," Sidewinder said nervously.

"Of course he won't," Heliconia said. "We're just acting it out." Then she looked at the others. "So...is everyone ready or something?"

• Phoenix made his way to be by Heliconia and Castlestormer, so the 'sisters' would be together. Eira found it entertaining that only one of the sisters was being played by one of the girls.

"Ready." Eira agreed, glancing at the others.

"Ready."Marella echoed.

281363.png

• Heliconia nodded, and then she looked at Sidewinder. "Um," said Sidewinder. He eyed Landslide warily. "Right. Here I go, la la la, Queen Paradise of the SandWings. I'm so very important and, uh—royal—and stuff."

Castlestormer sighed while Heliconia and Landslide hid their smiles. "I've been queen for ages and ages," Sidewinder went on. He strutted across the cave floor. "No one dares challenge me for my throne! I am the strongest SandWing queen who ever lived!"

"Don't forget the treasure," Heliconia whispered to him.

"Oh, right," Sidewinder said. "It's probably because of all my treasure! I have so much treasure because I'm such an important queen!!" He swept the rocks toward him and gathered them between his talons.

• Marella and Eira exchanged smiles as they watched Sidewinder waiting for Landslide to 'kill the queen'. Phoenix was mostly watching Landslide, he was still bored with this although it was better than sitting around while the others tried to study. But his bored expression fit for now, he didn't have anything to do until after Sidewinder was killed. The same went for Eira, she had no part until the sisters argued.

281363.png

• "Did someone say treasure?" Landslide bellowed, leaping out from behind a large rock formation. Sidewinder yelped but quickly recollected himself.
    "Rargh!" Sidewinder said. "What is this tiny human doing in the Kingdom of Sand? I am not afraid of tiny humans! I shall go out there and eat him in one bite!"

Landslide swung his stalagmite in a circle. "Squeak squeak squeak!" he shouted. "And other annoying human noises! I'm here to steal treasure away from a magnificent dragon!"

"Not from me, you won't," Sidewinder said, bristling. He stamped forward, spread his wings, and raised his tail threateningly. Without the venomous barb other SandWings had, Sidewinder's tail was not very menacing. But Landslide wasn't about to point that out.
    "Yaaah!" Landslide shouted, lunging forward with his sharp rock fragment and thrust it between his neck and his wing, pretending it went right through his heart.
    "Aaaaargh," Sidewinder howled. "Impossible! A queen defeated by a lowly human! The kingdom will fall apart! Oh, my treasure...my lovely treasure..." He collapsed to the ground and let his wings flop lifelessly on either side of him.

"Ha ha ha!" Landslide said. "And squeak squeak! The treasure is mine!" He scooped up all the rocks and paraded away, lashing his tail proudly.
    "Our turn," Heliconia said. She jumped off the ledge and hurried over to Sidewinder, clasped her talons together, and let out a cry of anguish. "Oh, no! Our mother is dead, and the treasure is gone. But worst of all, none of us killed her—so who should be queen now?"

• Phoenix jumped down after Heliconia, barely waiting for her to finish speaking. "I think the choice is clear. I should be the new queen." Eira tried not to laugh at how cocky Phoenix sounded. Marella nudged the IceWing at her side, not wanting to upset any of their friends. Phoenix didn't seem to notice, he was trying to focus on what Castlestormer was going to respond with.

281363.png

• Heliconia turned to look at Castlestormer, who looked embarrassed.

"Oh, come on, Castlestormer," Landslide said. "Don't be a lazy—" Landslide caught himself just before saying RainWing. The teachers said things like that all the time: "If you don't study, you're no better than a RainWing"; "What's the matter, someone replace your brains with a RainWing's?"; "Still sleeping? Anyone would think you were a RainWing!"

Landslide knew that Heliconia hated it, so he finished awkwardly with, "...dragon. Um, Castlestormer, come on, get out there."

Castlestormer sighed and he shuffled forward and looked down at Sidewinder, who had his eyes scrunched shut. "Oh dear, oh dear!" he said. "Well, now I should be queen. As the youngest princess, I could have the longest reign. That would be good for the SandWings. Also..." He paused and gave a long-suffering sigh. "Also, I am by far the prettiest."

"I should kill you both right now," Heliconia said. "I was going to challenge her and I would have fought her to the death for the throne. I should be queen!"

• "We all know neither of you would have beaten her. I was the only one that could have challenged out mother." Phoenix argued, his tail lashing slightly as he prepared to argue with them. Marella hoped they would finish this part before Phoenix got too into the arguing. As calm and collected as she was, Phoenix was not. "Besides, I'm not much older than you, it wouldn't be that big of a difference. I'm the next queen!"

Eira was just watching silently, wondering how the argument would play out between the three.

281363.png