~ ∂ση'т вℓαмє уσυяѕєℓƒ ~ {P}

Staff are requesting opinions here!
The new June Spotlight Contest is up! That means we've found some winners for the May Contest. The winners are: Bacon for art and Sheo for writing. Congratulations guys!
ThunderClan is hosting June Festivals to honour their deities! All allies and neutrals are welcome!
  • (xD Mirage could still help her. She's come to be pretty good at blocking out random thoughts and feelings. It's easier when she's around people she doesn't know, but it can be severely overwhelming for her if she's in a crowd or when one of her friends is really hurt, physically or otherwise.) Verte hesitantly lowered his hands. "It's okay," he breathed, not looking at her. "It happens.."
  • "I should leave," she murmured weakly, staring at the ground. "I never should have even thought about getting out of that jail..."

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg уσυ тσυ¢н тυяηѕ тσ gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• Verte turned around immediately and gave her a long, slightly horrified stare. "Don't be like that. Come on, let's go inside. And leave your self-loathing on the doorstep," he added softly. "There's no need for it, none at all."
  • "It's [i]not [/i]self-loathing." Slowly bringing herself to her feet, Becky brought her tired eyes up to Verte's. "I'm a psychiatrist, Verte. I realize what mental harm happens if I were to hate myself. I wouldn't be able to properly treat my patients. I've disciplined myself not to let those thoughts go very far." She put her hands behind her back slowly. "I'm saying, I should leave, because I probably will only cause you trouble at this point. The police will most likely be looking for me. And even if they don't find us, are you sure that you're willing to live with a person who can read your every thought?" Her state was cold and empty, almost like when they had first met.

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• Verte's ears slowly drew back as he narrowed his eyes at her. "You're sounding awfully familiar to me. I don't actually care that much whether you can read my thoughts or not, Becky." He paused. "Hearing you say that, and seeing what just happened..." His voice lowered as he glanced away. "It makes my real concern that hearing my thoughts is hurting you."
  • Becky also looked down. "It's not just you," she murmured softly. "I'm sorry for my outburst. I was only upset because I hurt your feelings and betrayed your trust. You never hurt me, Verte."

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• "I still did it," Becky said softly, looking up at him again dully. "And you still cant look at me the same again, can you...?"

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• Verte sighed, then turned around, folding his arms as he stared at her. "Is this the same?" Yeah, it pretty much was, except he looked more tired now and maybe a little exasperated.
  • "See any betrayal or hurtfulness there?" asked Verte sarcastically, turning away with a flare of his wings. "No. Come on, let's go inside, it's probably getting dark."
  • Becky stood rooted for a couple seconds, ears still flat, before she slowly came to life again and silently followed after him.

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• (xD) Since the apartment building was abandoned, there was no electricity, so it was dark, and of course it was kind of dusty, but Verte did his best to try to keep the floor that he and Coral lived on as clean as he could. "Sorry it's not much," apologized Verte in a murmur as he closed the door. "You can pick any apartment you want, though. You can sleep in mine until I get it cleaned up for you and a bed and everything like that."
  • I nEVER REPLIED TO THIS) "Well, if I help, it shouldn't take that long," Becky replied as she glanced over her shoulder at him. "It's not like I'm going to be doing anything else anyway, right?"

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂

• Verte rubbed the back of his head hesitantly. "It's no big deal, really," he insisted quietly. "I can take care of it. You should probably get some rest or something."
  • "Verte, I've been sitting in a jail cell for over a week. The last thing I need is more rest," Becky responded, her voice lightly touched with playfulness.

ωнєη єνєяутнιηg,

єνєяутнιηg,

gσℓ∂,

gσℓ∂