Freedom isn't mine to receive (Pafp,BxG,Female needed!)

Staff are requesting opinions here!
The new June Spotlight Contest is up! That means we've found some winners for the May Contest. The winners are: Bacon for art and Sheo for writing. Congratulations guys!
ThunderClan is hosting June Festivals to honour their deities! All allies and neutrals are welcome!
  • Samuel instantly perked up when the door opened. He had been sitting and hoping Charlie would be alright since she had fainted. "Are you alright? Be careful! Don't hurt yourself!" He said, rushing over to the wall facing the door and pressing himself against it. He couldn't remember how much he had hated the cell before but it was doubled now. "Can you see? You don't have your glasses." He thought out loud.

He was relieved that Charlotte was atleast okay. Samuel had never really been attached to someone before, it was a strange feeling. He smiled under his mask, he liked having someone that wanted to see him.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]//Sorry! I fell asleep...

Charlotte couldn't see Samuel, but she could hear him. That eased her nerves, but only a little bit: she couldn't tell if anyone else was in the room, unless they spoke up or Samuel told her. Pursing her lips, she slowly made her way over to his cell, and stumbled on her way there. She didn't fall, though, which was good. When she finally reached his cell, she placed her hands upon its surface and leaned forward, squinting. "I'm a-alright: I d-don't do to well with bloody imagery, and my v-vivid imagination m-must h-h-hate me..." she replied, her voice slowly gaining volume. Charlie was feeling a bit better now.

She didn't notice her new outfit: she was no longer wearing her skirt and blouse, and instead was wearing a long tank top and a pair of baggy sweats. When she realized someone must've dressed her, her face immediately flushed a bright red for a few seconds, then faded. Charlie didn't want to think about that now: she wanted to think about Samuel, and if he was okay. "N-No...I c-c-can't see y-you...or anyone..." she explained, glancing around wearily. "T-That doesn't m-matter, t-though: are y-you alright?" She visibly froze, and her knees wobbled subtly. "D-did t-t-they..." Charlie couldn't finish the sentence, but she was referring to the procedure. The same one that made her faint in the first place.

• "No, you distracted them. Legally Alistair has to file a report for any incidents that happen in the lab. He'll be too busy to bother us for atleast another hour." Samuel explained, looking Charlotte up and down curiously. "When did you change clothes?" He asked, not noticing her blush before it left.

"Eh, doesn't matter I suppose. So where are your glasses anyway? No offense but you seem pretty blind without them." He said, glancing at the door where she had fallen. She didn't seem very steady without her glasses.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte immediately flushed again when he mentioned her clothes. "U-Umm...I woke u-up like this...actually," she chuckled quietly, rubbing the back of her neck. "T-They must have w-went through my s-stuff a-and found an o-outfit," she explained, then paused. "I must've left them in my room...I wasn't exactly focused when I first woke up," she explained, turning her head and squinting in the door's direction. "I-I am pretty blind without them," Charlie sighed, confirming his suspicions. Then, turning back to Samuel, she looked down at the ground. "S-Sorry for fainting, by the way..." she apologized, her face heating up. "W-When Dr. Alistair mentioned r-r-removing organs...I..." she paused, grimacing. Reminding herself of the situation would remind her of the images, which would probably cause her to faint again.

• Samuel sighed and nodded. "He's always like that. Sacrificing experiments for the 'good of humanity.' It's sick." He shook his head in disgust. "The dressing someone while they're asleep is new though. I didn't think they'd do that honestly." He added, half surprised and half horrified. "You'll have to go and get your glasses right? You shouldn't be stumbling blind without them."

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte remained silent for a few moments: she was debating whether or not to leave to get her glasses. She did want to be able to see, but she also didn't want to leave him alone. Who knows: she might drop her glasses and take awhile to find them. The possibility they might proceed with god-awful surgery was still there, and that made her agitated. Why? She didn't know, but she just guessed that she didn't want Samuel to get hurt. She didn't want anyone to get hurt. Drumming her fingers on the glass, Charlie sighed, backing up. "Alright, but this time I will be right back," she replied quietly, then chuckled softly.

Stumbling back into her room, Charlie felt around her nightstand: her fingers covered every inch they could, and eventually brushed up against the familiar shape of her glasses. Quickly placing them on, she adjusted them, then blinked a few times. Now she could see. A relieved sigh escaped her lips, and glancing at the door, she quickly headed back to his room.

When Charlie returned, she didn't fall this time. Sitting down in front of his cell, she quirked a brow. "How long was I out? Is it late?"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The post was edited 1 time, last by fishstick ().

• Samuel chuckled and shook his head, smiling under his mask. Charlotte was always so worried, it was nice. "You were only out about...two and half hours maybe? It might be getting late. No windows or clocks in here I'm afraid. I mostly just fall asleep when I'm tired, the lights never really go off either." He shrugged, leaning against the glass wall. "You can probably dim your lights in your room though." He added after he thought for a moment. "Sorry you've had a rough first day."

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]"I-It's fine," Charlotte responded, smiling. "You're in a worse position than me..." That sentence seemed to drain the happiness from her body: she stared off at the floor and frowned, then sighed. However, her sadness only lasted for a few moments. "Well, until I can...y'know...I'll try and make your life...less horrible?" her statement came out like a question, and she flushed due to embarrassment. She was referring to the escape plan, which she still had to formulate.

Then, Charlotte finally noticed what she was wearing, well, the design on what she was wearing. She immediately flushed when she noticed the graphics: of all her pajamas, they chose the most embarrassing of them all. The pants were decorated with various dinosaurs, and the shirt was printed with one large dinosaur, which had the word "Grumposaur" printed along the bottom. To make matters worse, they were brightly colored! Hugging her knees to her chest, Charlie groaned quietly and hid her face, which was bright red. "Of all the clothes!" she mumbled, sighing exasperatedly.

• (Rushed)

"Well seeing you in pajamas like that has certainly already made my life better." Samuel replied, barely holding in his laughter. It was so much funnier now that Charlotte realized what she was wearing. "Are you sure those aren't Alistair's? He seems like a Grumposaur to me." He asked, holding a hand to his mask. He pressed down to keep the laughter in as he spoke.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte didn't laugh: instead, her blush intensified, making her face burn a few shades darker. So he did notice. Groaning softly, her voice was muffled by her knees. Without moving her face, Charlie brushed a few strands of hair behind her ear, then finally emerged with a sigh. "Well, if it makes your life better if I wear these, I won't change," she sighed, slumping forward just a bit. "I'll have too look formal tomorrow, though," she chuckled, drumming her fingers on the glass. It was still pretty cold, which made her frown. How did he deal with the temperature? She could wear as many jackets as she wanted during the winter, but she'd still be cold. Furrowing her brows, she pouted. "It's so...cold in there," she mumbled, pressing her forehead up against the glass. "Are you cold? You body needs to maintain a certain heat to survive...well...that's how my body works at least," she was referring to the fact that he was artificial, not natural.

((Alright!))

• Samuel shrugged, he'd adapted to cold over his entire life. "Well I've pretty much been in this same temperature since I was born, I guess I'm just more tolerant to it." He suggested, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. "I'm sure my artificial creation had something to do with it too, I doubt any of those scientists left my DNA completely alone." He added as an afterthought.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]That still didn't set Charlotte at ease, and furrowing her brows further, her pout turned into a frown. Despite this, though, she responded with a simple "Oh," and didn't question him about it any further. Instead, she crossed her arms and stared at the wall behind him, sighing. Drumming her fingers on one arm, Charlie shifted around, mumbled to herself, then sighed again. Looking back at Samuel, her expression practically screamed worried. "I-I'm still w-worried about that p-p-procedure..." her voice started to tremble again: some of the images came flooding back, but this time she managed to suppress them before they could do anything. She didn't want to faint again, that was for sure. "S-Something a-about the way Dr. Alistair w-worded the whole thing d-d-doesn't settle right with m-me...i-it sounds like h-he doesn't even c-care if you die," her gaze averted to the floor, and she visibly flushed. "I...I'd care if you d-die..." she glanced back at him, but only for a brief second. "Y-You've put u-up with this for...a l-long time...a-and you don't deserve t-to die for a cause y-you didn't sign up for..." Charlie mentally yelled at her self for losing control of her voice around Samuel: she was doing so well, so why was it acting up now? She didn't know.

//to heck with sleeping...

• Samuel actually smiled, he liked that someone was worrying about him. "Alistair doesn't care. He'll grow another me if he has to. I'm surprised he hasn't made another just to replace me." He chuckled sadly, leaning against the glass wall. "Thanks Charlotte. No one else have ever really said that to me, they always say that my pain is for science. They still have no idea why I resist them. I hate them all so much, they're awful people that don't deserve freedom. They should be the ones rotting in this cell." He muttered the last part with another sigh. He doubted it would ever happen, even with Charlotte's help.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlie offered Sam a small smile, but it only lasted for a brief second. Then, her expression darkened. "Is any of this even legal!" She whisper-yelled, pouting and crossing her arms. "People aren't property! This whole thing is...is..." she couldn't think of a word to describe how she felt about this. Why was she getting so mad now? She didn't know. All she did know was she was mad. Very mad. Well, she was mad, since it only lasted for a short while. Slumping over a bit, Charlie sighed, muttering. "Just make another you? If I heard him correctly, you're basically Dr. Alistair's son...how does he not care? Ugh..." she proceeded to knock her head up against the glass, clearly annoyed.

• Samuel shivered and shook his head. "Oh please don't ever call me his son. He gave blood to a machine that made me, he's no father." He said, cringing just at the thought of Alistair being his father. "Nothing here is exactly legal, technically I don't think I am honestly." He muttered as he hummed in thought.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte paused, then quirked a brow, clearly confused. "So...let me get this straight...nothing here is legal?" she asked quietly, bringing a finger to her chin. "That means no one knows you exist...or what goes on behind those doors?" Furrowing her brows, Charlie frowned. "How is this place still up and running then? I'm surprised it hasn't been raided by the police..."

She was thinking about reporting the lab: if Sam's words were true, they'd be shut down. However, she wasn't exactly sure what would happen to him. Would he be freed? Taken? Experimented on further? Killed? There were too many possibilities: he wasn't a normal human, and seemed pretty valuable. If the government took him, there'd be no getting him back.

((Rushed))

• "I've never really been sure how this place is still here. I imagine they pay off anyone that questions too much. That or they may work for the government, men in black stuff you know?" Samuel replied, shrugging slightly. "I'm not sure if anything is legal at all here, it doesn't seem like it though."

He added, sitting down and leaning back against the glass. "How did you even find this job? What did you think it was for?" He asked curiously, glancing back at Charlotte.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte chuckled nervously, closing her eyes and rubbing the back of her neck. "Umm...I wasn't the one who signed me up," she admitted, blushing subtly due to her increasing embarrassment. "My parents did: I wanted to become a graphic artist, but I guess they disagreed. They want me to do "something important", so here I am!" Explaining how she got the job was a lot easier in her head, and there was much less embarrassment. "I mean, I was skeptical at first, but now that I'm here I guess I'm okay," she quickly added, rubbing her arms.

//Rushed again TwT
    //I'm currently drawing a creature I came up with

• "If you define 'okay' as working for evil scientists and befriending a dashingly handsome experiment then yes, you're very much okay Charlotte." Samuel said, smirking slightly as he got to the part about himself. Hey, he had to keep up self esteem somehow. "Why would your parents sign you up for a job like this? If you want to be an artist this position doesn't seem to fit your qualifications." He asked curiously, wondering why her parents would force her to have a job like this.

• [center][fancypost=backgground-color: none; border: none; width: 425px; text-align: justify; color: white; font-family: arial; font-size: 9pt]Charlotte giggled softly when he mentioned himself, and she flushed for a brief moment. "I guess they wanted me to just get a job already: I'd have to become popular if I wanted to be a Graphic Artist, and the process was taking too long," she explained, twiddling her thumbs. "So, they found this job somehow, and signed me up! I guess they thought I'd work well in a place like this..." her voice trailed off, and a frown decorated her lips. She then sighed. "I don't, though. Geez, first day on the job and I already fainted! I'll have to make up for that, if they don't fire me first," she rubbed the back of her head and pursed her lips, gaze trained on the floor.