children fit in the snow [♧] old storage

The winners for the June Spotlight Contest are: Writing is Goldie! and art is Officer495!
The July Spotlight Contest is up and running! You have until July 31st to enter.
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
  • [center][fancypost=background-color:;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.4;]you have to admit that you never thought you'd be coming back here. after the little incident on the border with victorianpaw, you had stayed away but not out of fear for yourself-- you knew when you weren't wanted, and you're not the type to start drama. on top of that, you left satisfied because you knew takumi was still okay. you aren't sure how he is now, but in that moment in time, your queries had been answered and you no longer had a reason to be there.

you're only coming back now because one, you left shadowclan half a month ago. two, your mentors (kate and negan) live here. and three, the only people ever around the rebellions camp seem to be you and bill and that makes for long, awkward pauses and constant tension.

an npc had let you in a few hours ago, and so now you lay off to one side of the camp, quietly marveling at the new territory windclan has made a home in. the view is nice; mountains slumped against one another, snug and cozy, and the camp isnt all too shabby either, but the dramatic change does make you wonder.. what happened to the old territory? had there been a storm, a shortage of supplies? you don't know, but a part of you feels like you should have been here.

you push yourself up into a sitting position and scan the faces present. you only recognize a few people but this doesn't surprise you at all; windclan has always been overflowing with joiners. well, you might as well acquaint yourself with everyone here, "ah, meet and greet! come tell me about yourselves!" you trill out then in a tiring tone, absently rubbing at the triangle that has been branded into your shoulder, "i used to be one of the medics here back when cherviltea was leader." heck, do any of these people even know who that is? hopefully. "hi! my name is uh, frisk." [fancypost=border-width:0; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; line-height: 95%; width:400px;] ✧ —AND I WALK THE EMPTY HALLWAYS / [color=#FFF]TAGS

AND I'LL SEE THE DARK THINGS THAT YOU ALL TRY TO HIDE,

AND I WON'T BE THE DAMNEDEST BIT FUCKING SURPRISED

• [center][fancypost=bgcolor=none; bordercolor=transparent; text-align:justify; borderwidth=0px; width: 500px; font-size:8; line-height:110%;]frisk can't sleep if they're alone. they have to have someone with them at all times, otherwise they have terrible nightmares and are incredibly restless. with someone nearby, however, they sleep like a log, usually nestled against them and unmoving until they wake up, save for the occasional shift to try and grab onto their sleeping partner if they try to move away from them. smol child is very cuddly at night, and feels safest when someone is close by.

im still looking for the dream anxiety/nightmare disorder notes, but i'm going to put down what i already know and add on to the quote above.

firstly, when frisk sleeps by themself they do have really bad dreams, and sometimes might scream, yell, or thrash about in their sleep. its incredibly difficult to wake them up from a nightmare, and when they are shaken awake they might not immediately realize it.

secondly, frisk is aggressive in their sleep when nobody is with them. they might kick out at the air, bite down on their pillow, or dig their tiny little claws into their stuffed toys. this is the main reason why all of frisks plushies are so worn and tattered.

thirdly, frisk does believe in boogeyman, and blames them for any bad dreams. ironically enough, their adoptive father funhaus does not only rule over the boogeymen, but he also is one, and (following/supporting deer's headcanon) frisk happens to be on the list of people he gives bad dreams to (but frisk doesnt know this, of course). frisk usually has a dreamcatcher up somewhere in their room, even though it never seems to work.

• [center][fancypost=bgcolor=; border:0; width:450px; text-align:justify; font-size:8px; line-height:1.5;]i have decided that gore is a wicked ass sergal because why not

pure is going to have to smack her every time she nibbles on someone bc it will happen a lot g b l e s s

[CENTER][fancypost=borderwidth=0px; width: 300px; line-height: 10px; text-align: justify;][font=arial] [size=8][color=BLACK][b][I]YOU'VE ALWAYS LIKE THE TASTE OF BLOOD[/b][/color][/size] [color=BLACK][size=8][b]&& [s][color=transparent]———-—[/s][/COLOR] I GET OFF WHEN I POINT A GUN[/b][/color] [/fancypost]
  • me, with any character other than frisk; im gonna do their tags today
    me, working on tags; nah, i'll finish it tomorrow

mm, purehell might be a deer/dog thingy because oh wow, antlers

gore; nom nom?
    pure; no babe
    gore; nom nom
    pure; babe
    gore; (nom nom intensifies)
    pure; [b]b a b e

LET THE YEARS WE'RE HERE

— BE KIND, BE KIND

• tbfh frisk is a mess. theyre just?? yeah.
    smh @ smol child
    "quit fucking up ur life"
    smh @ myself for fucking up their life

• note to self to make a list of frisks phobias + triggers
    & also find the notes about the block on their mind and maybe go into more detail on that

• [center][fancypost=background-color:;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.4;]frisk + trigger notes
    WATER / uneasy and anxious near it, they're breathing might hitch and they will only wade in up to their ankles. they'll start to panic if they go in any further, and will immediately try to get back to land. they usually avoid large bodies of water because of this anxiety.

PHYSICAL CONTACT W/O THEIR CONSENT / their response varies depending on who touched them and where they were touched. the general reaction is that their heart rate increases and they flinch back. if you touch any of their scars, their breath will hitch and they'll instinctively lash out at you.

BEING PINNED DOWN&RESTRAINED / if their chained to something, they'll be nervous but wont really freak out. if somebody's holding them down/holding them back however, they'll start yelling and thrashing about.

MENTIONS OF DARKSTALKER / darkstalker really fucked them up, okay? he's the reason behind most of their other triggers, so. frisk has varying reactions whenever he's brought up, from their paws beginning to shake to their breath hitching to flinching/recoiling, and that's just from saying his name. darkstalker has attempted to drown them, has put them under mental torture and strain, beat them, killed them, stalked them and mutilated them. to frisk, he's their biggest failure and they refuse to talk to anyone about him aside from funhaus.

MENTAL ATTACKS / reaction varies depending on what type of attack it is. their most common response, however, is to blindly attack the person who entered/is trying to enter their mind with blatant intent to kill them. whether they get a hit or not they will then proceed to recoil from their attacker, shaking, and go into a state of mute shock and/or faint.

BEING NEAR DEATH OR GORE / frisk will cry the instant they come across anything even resembling death. they'll tense up and immediately seek out comfort, often going up to whoever is the closest and trying to hug them/hold onto them like the little kid they are.

BEING NEAR ANGER / they tense up and get anxious when near anyone upset. if the person who's mad turns on them they might recoil.

and, im not sure where i would categorize this but frisk has a minor trigger where if someone raises a hand at them (even if its something like a high-five) they flinch back like they're expecting to be hit. possibly abuse?

• [center][fancypost=background-color:;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.4;]"ah, yeah!" you finally squeeze in an answer between his onslaught of questions, "i just got back in today. nice to meet you, too." woah, this one is really chatty, isnt he? you find his formal phrasing a tad charming, a fervent smile spreading across your lips as you listen to him talk. cherviltea was an incredible individual, and had been a wonderful leader. you found comfort in his gentled tone and general warmness, admired how he ruled his clan and pushed aside his own personal opinions to do what would be expected of him and yes, you'll admit that there have been times where his motives and actions were.. questionable, not quite reasonable. especially when he was angered. but everyone has their shortcomings, and cherviltea wasn't perfect and that was okay. the fact that melchoir doesn't know of him though briefly disheartens you, and your ears flick back down into your dome. its sad how fast people can get forgotten. he was in charge of the clan a mere three months ago, and now everyone doesnt seem to remember your uncle.

well, almost everyone. the moment you're aware of kate's presence, you turn to her-- just in time to see her recoil, as if somebody has raised a hand at her. oops, cherviltea is still a touchy subject. you make note of that, offering your old mentor a sympathetic but friendly glance, coupled with an apologetic smile. "kate, i missed you," you breathe again, echoing the words you spoke the last time you bumped into her. leaning forward, you try to embrace the girl in a soft, careful hug. at her remark regarding your wellbeing, you simply comment, "mm, i could be better." much better, since living with your killers isnt a very "okay" thing, is it?

ah, takumi's torture. its hard to forget that and even harder to forget how sango just let it happen, how radio took part in it, and how haiiro and gordon took you away from it all. you felt horribly betrayed, watching your friends and family do that. you feel a jolt of relief course throughout your veins as his voice cuts through the chatter of those around you, crystal clear. you turn toward it, eyes brightening, "takumi!" you blurt out the second you see him, and then laugh immediately after as he stumbles, obviously way too eager to get to your side. warmed at the sight of his approach, you graciously accept the contact of his cheek brushing against yours with only a small case of anxiety pinching your heart. it fades as he pulls back, a question firing from his jaws. you have an answer ready, "uh-huh. dual-alliance with the rebellion." you confirm the question with a small flick of your paw, your former apprehension fizzing out as more and more familiar faces begin to present themselves to you. its... nice, to be around your friends again, and not around people who only barely tolerate you. you've missed this.

you turn your head to meet the gaze of another child, one who appears older than you by three months or so. she's larger than you too. huh, fancy that. you listen to her as she gives you her name. "ah, hello! nice to meet you also!" alice. you've met a lot of alices in your short lifespan, surprisingly enough. an elegant name, you care for it a lot, but still prefer yours over all. you smile at her lightly, before turning your eyes back to takumi and kate, ears quirking up, "so! what happened when i was gone?" you ask, gesturing around to the new (well, new to you) camp and territory, "when did we become mountain people?" [fancypost=border-width:0; font-size: 8pt; text-align: center; line-height: 95%; width:400px;] ✧ —AND I WALK THE EMPTY HALLWAYS / [color=#FFF]TAGS

• i cant stop laughing at my own post so its in here now lol wrote:

[center][fancypost=background-color:;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.4;]you're significantly less drunk then chara, yes, but still drunk all the same. you arent a stuttering, stumbling fool reeking of booze like them, but you've got a nice buzz going on, and that makes you feel all warm and tingly inside. your mouth is cotton, your tongue thick, and to top it off you've got no filter. so if you think it, you say it and boy, the world isnt ready for that kind of honesty. tori is pretty much deadweight, and you seem to be locked in a shouting match with chara-- or atleast, they're yelling in your ear and you're trying to yell over them, "WHERE ARE THE KEYYYYYS?!?" you find yourself repeating once again, a faint drunken lisp hanging onto the words, "FIND THE KEYS.. HH.. HELP, WE'RE STUUUUUUUUUUCK. WE'RE STUCK, WE'RE-- CHARA, SHUT UP." you snap suddenly and very loudly, spinning around to face your partner, who keeps screaming about pink elephants and how beautiful you are. stars, they're hammered. victoria seems to be that quiet drunk type, and you're thankful for that much. you shift your right paw and try to run it over charas face, pushing it harshly against their lips, "JUST- JUST SHUT UP, CHARA, WE'LL GET THROUGH THIS. SO JUST, JUST.. SHHHH." you try to sag against them then, attempting to push at their face with both of your paws in a rather clumsy, pitiful manner. you try to remember who else lives in the rebellion, and one name in particular surfaces, "AHHH, BILL. BILL, BILL, WHERE IN THE EFFIN "H" IS BILL? BIIIIIIIIIILL, HELP WE'RE STUCK." now, if you weren't under the influence of alcohol, they're name never would have slipped off of your tongue. but you're not sober tonight, dammit. "STEAM- STEAMPOT, CROCKPOT." god, what was the other leaders name?"SOMEONE, HELP WE'RE STUCK."

• - wants to be friends w/ everybody
    - very clingy, esp with their family/people they trust
    - usually nice, easily pushed around, but extremely protective over their loved ones
    - like,, they get surprisingly angry when people fuck with their friends
    - very hard on themself; will not let anyone else take the blame
    - open-minded, really curious about everybody they come across
    - forgiving
    - hates being alone, needs to be with at least one other person at all times
    - craves contact due to not getting proper affection when they were younger than they already are, but theyre also scared of being hurt so?? inner turmoil.
    - surprisingly cynical; they try to look to the brighter points in life but just cant
    - very sentimental; keeps trivial things like wrappers and bottle caps. probably has a little box holding all this stuff
    - gets shook every other day
    - also like. they're so sassy?? they can be an asshole when they want to jfc
    - very affectionate
    - totally a happy crier
    - also a scared crier?
    - tbh they just cry a lot
    - except for when their mad. when their mad they're just dead serious.

(i drew a lot of inspiration from the hufflepuff house for frisk tbfh)

• [center][fancypost=border-width:0px; width: 450px; text-align: justify; font-size: 8pt; line-height: 125%]fathertime has several bodies to shift into, but his current one is a white abyssinian with light greys accenting his pelt and he has a naturally lanky build. he has four dark blue eyes embedded into his skull and carries around an aluminum baseball bat. when angered, fathertimes shapeshifting ability malfunctions or distorts briefly, and his maw will suddenly be very crocodile like, specifically resembling the jaws of a gharial. he's heavily influenced by chronophobia, the fear of passing time and is based around the batter from the videogame, off.

[fancypost=border-width:0px; font-size: 17px; font-family: verdana;]・゚★ ☾ I'M NOT GONNA DIE ALONE[/fancypost]

• [center][fancypost=background-color:;border:0px;width:450px;text-align:justify;font-size:8pt;line-height:1.4;]frisk + trigger notes

BEING GORE

I thought you meant our friend gore, not actual gore oops. I thought of sin.

Lowkey I wanna Change Victoria's name and their tags just to interact w Kate. The only way to know it's victoria is if you have the secret password, and you'll see the true tags lmao. I'm an asshole, lol.

Still working on Icarus and Crossfade's tags, color scheme. I finished an Icarus one shot, but I forgot he was a kid, but rip.

Phobia fam is dead

• tbfh frisk got a dual alliance in windclan a day or two ago. lmao kates reaction would probs be scary if she ever found out it was victoria tbh :'0

wheeze i just realized u could have named crossfade crossfire whoops
    i mean, gdi vince do ur tags

phobiafam will survive !