FeralFront Book Club! Everyone is Welcome!

The July Spotlight Contest winners have been decided! In first place for writing was Rebs! In first place for art is Fabrie! Congratulations!
Come participate in the August Spotlight Contest!
Come check out our Gatherings! Medic, Official, and Leader!
Looking to to join a trad Clan? Join BloodClan, home of the ruthless and calculating!
The Creative Engineer Applications are ending tomorrow, August 16th, at 12:00pm Central Time!
  • [center]

FeralFront Book Club

Hello FeralReaders!

In this club, members collaborate to read and discuss books. After finishing a book, we'll give it an overall rating and vote on the next book to read. The goal is to read new literature, discuss ideas, and make new friends along the way!

Anyone and everyone is welcome!

CURRENT BOOK AND PARTICIPANTS

Our current book is The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It is considered a young adult to adult book. We are currently working on reading chapters 8-24 and planning to hold a discussion for those chapters on May 15, 2017.

More Information on The Name of The Wind

Participants: Alakritous, no.(Rebs), yes.(Immy/imagination), Rhapsodic, Quill, Tiny, Ashur, Enjoy-Life, Carlisle, Waterwing, DecayingDelusion, Kinglykingstone, Waterwing, Willowleaf 2

HOW IT WORKS

Joining is easy! All you have to do is get your hands on the current book, post here in this thread saying you're participating with the book, and start reading! The chapter goals and discussion dates will be updated regularly, and you can hop in as soon as you're ready!

We will go through the book in chunks at a time, and our discussion will cover a span of chapters. The goal is to have weekly discussions once we've started reading the book. Each discussion thread will prompt questions, comments, and speculations from the readers based on the chapters the discussion covers! The goal is to have awesome, fun conversations that revolve around and enhance your understanding of the story.

As we near the end of a book, I will create a thread where recommendations for the next book can be posted. After a few days of recommendations, I will hold a poll where people will vote for the next book they want to read.

After we finish the book, I will hold a poll + discussion where people can rate the book and put any reviews down into words if they wish. Then there will be a break of undecided time before the next book is started!

All threads associated with the FeralFront Book Club will be archived in this post!

[fancypost=background: transparent; width: 80%; text-align: center; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 20px; color:#362819; overflow: hidden;]
    RULES TO FOLLOW

[fancypost=background: transparent; width: 80%; text-align: justify; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 16px; color:#9F703A; overflow: hidden; line-height: 16px] - Have fun! This club is meant to be for your enjoyment, so that is the first and foremost rule!

- Be kind and courteous during discussions. It's okay to disagree with someone's idea or opinion. In fact, sometimes those can make for the best discussions. It is important, however, that these disagreements do not devolve into arguments. Always remember to treat others and their ideas with respect. We want everyone to share their opinions here!

- Include others. Our discussions will be the best when everyone is included! Answer people's questions, expand on their ideas or counter it with your own. Add your voice to the discussion and be sure to allow others to add theirs as well.

- NO SPOILERS!! Ahh! The bane of every reader! Discussions will cover up to certain chapters. You are always welcome to read ahead, but within the discussions only events that occurred in the section of the book being covered can be discussed. If you're behind, feel free to still join the discussion, but don't be disappointed if something is spoiled!

[fancypost=background: transparent; width: 80%; text-align: center; font-family: timesnewroman; font-size: 20px; color:#362819; overflow: hidden;]
    DISCUSSIONS

[fancypost=background: transparent; width: 80%; text-align: justify; font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: 16px; color:#9F703A; overflow: hidden; line-height: 16px]

Have a Question? Send me a Conversation!

rKvJzov.jpg

The post was edited 7 times, last by Alakritous ().

• Can we post now or no?
    I've got that book !! My friend lent it to me but I have yet to read it, it's with a stack of book I'm working on right now. I'll start reading when I finish the book I'm on, I'm on the last chapter and I'm a fast reader. ^.^

• yooo add me up. I'm reading another book but I can juggle two just fine!

❝ JUST BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S CHANGING DOESN'T MEAN IT HASN'T BEEN THIS WAY BEFORE
    ALL YOU CAN DO IS TRY AND KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE AS YOU HEAD OFF TO THE WAR

• Just a thread! I want to be able to include everyone, so it'll be an ongoing thread on FeralFront . I'll start it off with some questions, prompt your own. It's not meant to be like school so it's mostly talking about what we liked/what we disliked/what we think/anything that interested us/questions we have

Have a Question? Send me a Conversation!

rKvJzov.jpg

• track bc I really want to do this but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get my hands on the current book

[b]Characters[/b] Victoria - non-trad WindClan - 4 moons - female dalmation, pitbull mix - white with black spots, blue eyes - [url='https://www.pinterest.com/pin/202380576980088193/']image[/url]
  • I'll check in the library today for the book o;

❝ JUST BECAUSE EVERYTHING'S CHANGING DOESN'T MEAN IT HASN'T BEEN THIS WAY BEFORE
    ALL YOU CAN DO IS TRY AND KNOW WHO YOUR FRIENDS ARE AS YOU HEAD OFF TO THE WAR