This isn't the way we're supposed to be

Traditional RP will no longer allow non-canon breeds, but existing characters that are non-canon are grandfathered in. More information can be found here.

Check out the Sanctum! An active new clan with a great community and more than meets the eye.

• arriving at school a few minutes before the first bell rang, genna managed to snag a pretty decent parking spot. trent's lexus was nowhere in sight. relieved by this, she got out and made her way into the building. it was time to start her friday. she'd said her goodbyes to her parents. she wouldn't see them again until wednesday night. taking a deep breath, she walked into the school, her tall black boots clicking on the hard ground with every step.

coming up to her locker, she began gathering her things for the day. she had easy classes, but the trick would be keeping at least a little bit of focus to avoid suspicion from her teachers. no one could know something was wrong. as far as the rest of the world was concerned, nothing was wrong. closing her locker, she turned to head to first period, a class that would likely come and go in the blink of an eye. she'd be working with orion in second period before she knew it. she wasn't sure what she'd done to deserve these hellish circumstances, but here she was. taking a deep breath, she held her head high and marched on.

ooc;
      something was just digging in our trash outside our window
      my dad went out to scare it off
      but i had no idea it was him
      it's one am and he literally just scared the crap out of me
      >_<"
      Iғ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ·s ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ғᴀʀ I·ʟʟ ɢᴏ

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • OOC: Oh
      My god
      I would of pooped myself

IC: It wasn't Aurora's intention of doing so, but she just so happened to pass Genevieve's locker as she wandered towards her class. "G-genna!" She called out, realizing she might know something about where her brother was. "Have you s-seen Orion?" It didn't seem like she had any understanding of what had happened the previous day between her brother and her friend. Alarm was clear in her voice as she asked the question.
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • ooc;
      i almost did!

ic;
      genna instinctively tensed when she heard her name being called out. turning, she saw aurora and her expression softened a bit. taking a few steps back towards the younger girl, genna offered a pathetically weak smile. much like the younger girl, genevieve hadn't gotten very much sleep the night before. nightmares had haunted her attempts at slumber, as well as possible futures that awaited her now that she was with trent again.

the simple fact that aurora was talking to genna meant that she didn't know what had happened. so orion had been an idiot and decided to keep it to himself. that just meant genna would somehow have to explain to the girl herself. "i haven't seen your brother, no... he's in my second period class, though... is everything okay?" she sounded tired and though she'd covered the discoloration in her face with a decent amount of make up, genna looked worn down. it was strange and unsettling to see how much the young senior had changed in the last three days, alone. much of the life and fire that had been in her eyes was dormant now, locked deeply away inside her, just waiting for an opportunity to come free again.

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • Aurora knew she would have to skip an important detail, but the bruise, which she hadn't noticed on her face, might be a sign that would arouse suspicion. "Orion came home yesterday, acting weird, locked himself in his room, and then...he was gone this morning. He left in the middle of the night, or something. I don't know."
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • genna brought her hand up to the girl's cheek gently as she finished talking. her heart ached for aurora. she wished there was more she could do for her, but the young girl had so many problems past trent. "aurora... where did you get this bruise...?" she asked softly, her thumb rubbing gently over the swollen skin.

in that moment, genna wouldn't have cared in the slightest if the bell had rang or even if trent, himself, had shown up. something bad has happened to aurora and genna could relate now better than ever. the younger girl needed someone in her life as much as genna did. "i can keep an eye out for orion if you want... i can let him know you're looking for him?" despite everything, genna couldn't imagine orion would've been the one to blame for this.

• Aurora froze up as Genna's fingers touched her bruise, knowing that she would now have to lie. She hadn't even known a bruise was there...it would be visible to everyone!

She opened her mouth, no words coming out for a few moments as she tried to rapidly construct a lie. "I got into bed yesterday, and...smacked my cheek on the...the frame of the bed..." It was a terrible lie. It wasn't convincing.

But more importantly, Genevieve had been there. She knew what it was like to be hurt, and to hide it because she felt like things would only get worse. She would just know, from Aurora's eyes, from her voice, that this wasn't true.
    • genevieve looked at the young girl sympathetically, painfully remembering when this had been her before even more painfully realizing it was her once again. how could she give the young girl advice without coming across as a complete hypocrite? then again, how could she just accept the weak excuse and go on letting whatever was happening happen? "aurora, look at me. remember who you're talking to. you can trust me."

it was so heart breaking to see aurora this way - so small and afraid and for a moment, genna couldn't help but wonder if this was what daniel had seen in her when he'd first learned what trent was doing to her. her heart ached for her old friend. he would've handled this situation so much better than she could. it would've also maybe helped that daniel could've beaten the crap out of rent and ended this nightmare.

"come on, i'll walk you to class," she said kindly, looking around to assure trent wasn't lurking anywhere ready to pounce on her like some unsuspecting prey. this fear was exactly what she wanted aurora not to have. it was all consuming, but it wasn't just for herself. if it had just been her, she could've dealt with the situation without giving herself up to trent again. it wasn't until other people got involved that she'd been forced to take drastic actions. but for kids like aurora, it was worth it.

• Aurora didn't say anything more as Genevieve reminded Aurora that she was someone to be honest with, not to hide the truth from. Honestly, Aurora just didn't know this person well enough to trust her with information, such as Orion having done something as bad as slapping her. She sighed, turning towards her class as the older girl offered to walk her to her class. Beginning to walk with Genna, she wondered why the girl was looking around with such paranoia.
    • genna sighed and walked with the young girl. she thought that after their near death experience the day before aurora might've been a little more comfortable talking with her. she had, after all, shared her darkest secret with the freshman. of course, she could understand why the girl didn't want to talk. genevieve wouldn't have wanted to have anything to do with a mess like herself if she was aurora either. trouble seemed to follow the senior around... maybe it would be better if she just left her alone...

arriving at the door, genna looked distractedly past the door. she hadn't had the teacher as a freshman, herself, but she knew of him. he was a tall, dark-headed man... kind to everyone he passed in the hallway. aurora would be safe in his class... "alright... i have to go... i'm always here if you need me... i'll see you around..." she didn't say 'i'll see you later' as she didn't want to promise she'd bother the young girl later on. it was funny to see how much being around trent had already knocked her self-esteem far down from her usual confidence and grace.

turning, she walked down the hall, hiding her limp as well as possible. her foot was really bothering her and if the circumstances had been different, she would've gone to have it checked. chewing on her lip, she toughed through it all the way to class, beyond appreciative to get off of it as the first period began. the class ended just as quickly, going by surprisingly fast. she didn't know anyone in that class. no drama to make her anxiety flare up.

• Aurora still seemed rather distraught by whatever was going on with his brother, but she still nodded and said she would see her friend later.
    • New

so very sorry i've been so inactive here recently
      school has taken over my life and there's just been so much going on
      but the semester ends in two weeks and if you're still interested in doing this thread, i'd love to start it up with you again :)
      i really am enjoying rping with you and i'm sorry i disappeared without any warning
      hope all's going well with you ~