This isn't the way we're supposed to be

It's that time of month again, check out the gatherings! Leader, Medic, and Official!
Come check out our October Spotlight Contest!
The winners of the September Spotlight Contest are as follows: Art: Tikki! And writing: Spoopius! Congratulations!
FeralFront has finally launched an official Discord server! You can use the link in the menu or click here!
Looking for a traditional clan that causes some chaos w/ the coolest kids around? Check out BloodClan!
  • Genna rolled her eyes and dropped her arms to her side again as the boy pointed out the difference in strength between her and Trent. Sure, Trent was bigger and he'd gotten the drop on her earlier, but she had something he didn't. "Trent may be strong, but he's dumber than a sack of hammers. As long as I'm smarter, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me." The truth was, deep down, she was a bit afraid of Trent. Her mind went back to the way he'd felt her up in the classroom earlier, treating her like an item in front of the entire class. His threat still hung in her mind as he'd promised "tomorrow..."

She looked at the boy curiously as he quickly refused her help. She tilted her head slightly and her hair fell away from her face effortlessly. "You wouldn't be a bother, but if you don't want to, it's fine. At least go home and ice it, yourself." She had a suspicion about what was going on, but it was a big accusation to make and she didn't know this kid well enough for something like that. "Well... I'd better be going..." Genna turned to leave before remembering something important. Halfway turning back to him, she tilted her head a bit. "I don't think I caught your name," she said, her face neutral as she waited.

♡ Iғ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ·s ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ғᴀʀ I·ʟʟ ɢᴏ ♡

hey all! i am finally on summer vacation but i'm working and traveling a bit, so if i continue to be a ghost, it doesn't mean i don't care, it just means i'm a bit busy. i will return, though, no worries ^_^ with love ~ sam.

• Orion bit his lip, not believing she could handle herself. He was taught that a man's strength was too much for a girl to handle, no matter how dumb a guy was. Strength was how people survived; its why men fought in wars for thousands of years.

With anxiety, he resigned the conversation. He wasn't willing to force her to do something. "I just...be careful with him...he punched me just for saying no to him, and when he wants to...uhh..." He cleared his throat awkwardly. "...do...that...I think his reaction to 'no' will be...y'know..."

He seemed to grow visibly anxious as she told him to go ice the wound himself. He didn't say anything in response, letting her finish speaking. "Oh, umm...Orion. My name is Orion. Archie. Uhh, I mean...Archie is my last name. Haha. Orion Archie." His cheeks held a small red color as he failed miserably to speak competently.

Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/2.jpg[/img][/URL][/CENTER]
    My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
  • She sighed. "Trust me, I've dealt with guys like him before. I'll be fine. See you around, Orion." Rising two fingers to her temple, she gave a soft salute before turning and walking off towards her home. Adjusting her backpack, she didn't look back and soon enough was out of sight of her fellow classmate.

As much as Genna hated to admit it, there was some truth to what he'd said. Trent wouldn't be likely to take no as an answer from her and unless she was smart, she could drop pretty deep in the crap pretty fast. Either way, no one would know anything until it happened the next day. Luckily, Genevieve had plenty to distract herself until then.

hey all! i am finally on summer vacation but i'm working and traveling a bit, so if i continue to be a ghost, it doesn't mean i don't care, it just means i'm a bit busy. i will return, though, no worries ^_^ with love ~ sam.

• Orion quietly sighed as she again resisted his attempt at imparting caution to her. Nonetheless, he waved a hand as she bid him farewell. "Goodbye. I'll...see you tomorrow, I guess." He wasn't thinking that this might...make her think of Trent. "And...Thank you. Again."

Back in his home, yelling had only just died down between his mother and father between whether or not he should of done that. Orion's sister was hiding in her room, hoping they both would forget she existed for a day or so.

His father had locked the door, saying that if he wanted to run from his problems, he could deal with the cold. This was a rather harsh response, as nighttime was heading towards the forties.

Though she recommended he go ice it, Orion did not begin walking home. He continued walking in the direction he had been before, basically wandering aimlessly as he tried to figure out what to do.

[CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/2.jpg[/img][/URL][/CENTER]
    My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
  • When Genevieve walked through the familiar front door of her cookie-cutter home, she was greeted by an anxious exclamation from her mother. It was almost dark out, so she understood why her mother was so worried, but it was still a bit annoying that she was helicoptering so close.

"Mom, I'm fine," Genna said, gently swatting away the older woman's hand as she tried to mess with her daughter's hair. "I just caught up talking to someone from school. It's really not that big a deal."

"Not a big deal? Genna, there are predators out there! You're just a girl! What if something had happened?" For a moment she was reliving the annoyance she'd just gone through with Orion on the street. It was hard to feel confident in yourself when no one else believed in you.

"Seriously, mom? Predators?" she pushed her mom's hand away again as she reached for her hair. "Look, I have a lot of homework, so I'm going to go to my room, okay? Thanks. Love you." And with that, she turned on her heel and hurried down the hallway before her dad could show up or her mom could worry over her some more.

• Orion took his time walking, knowing eventually he would have to circle around, go home, and face his nightmare of a father. The sun was already about set, and the coldness of the night was becoming hard to bear with his medium jacket and simple jeans. His brown hair wasn't all that long, not holding in very much heat either.

A vibration took him out of his thoughts, and he quickly reached for and pulled out the cell phone from his pocket. "Aurora- Mobile" it read. He sighed quietly Little brat got a cell phone at thirteen, while he had to wait until fifteen. That was okay. He could always keep in touch with his sister, so he didn't mind. Though his mother's justification was a little...well... We know you can take care of yourself, that you won't be in too many emergencies when you're out wandering. 'Wow, thanks mom,' had been his first thought. His second had been to wonder why his sister would be in more 'emergencies.'

Of course, he didn't understand a few years ago the greater vulnerability that girls had. And just how many guys were scumbags. And his father...wanted that for him. To grab the girl and force her to the wall, to tell a girl they'd be doing this again tomorrow. To be rough, to be intentionally mean, to make her very being rely on his feelings for her. Like a prisoner.

Orion was caught in a weird place in his development. He had some idea of what he felt was wrong, which might make him come off to girls as a 'good guy.' But then, he also had been raised on concepts like all girls being weak, emotional creatures seeking fulfillment through men. And even if it felt wrong to him, he believed it.

• OOC:
    After this, could we maybe timeskip? There's not a lot to do when they're apart without droning on... at least that's how it is for me ^_^"

IC:
    Genna dropped her bag as she closed her bedroom door behind her and walked over to collapse on the bed, sighing. She needed to get her mind off of the troubling thoughts that kept bubbling to the surface of her thoughts. To distract herself, she picked up a sketch book she kept by her bed. Many of the pages were filled with the same image of the woman she'd been drawing and this blank page that stared back at her now would be no exception.

Pulling her legs up beneath her, she tucked her hair behind her ear and began. The pencil took on a consciousness of its own as it moved across the page. She hummed to herself for a few minutes before putting down the pencil and examining her work. She was surprised when she saw it wasn't the girl she usually drew, but rather a boy with short, light hair. There was a splash of freckles across his nose and his face was neutral and almost sad. It was a curious drawing. She almost never drew guys.

Shaking her head, she put away the journal and pulled out her phone to call her sister. She wouldn't be telling Addeline about her confrontation of Trent, either, not wanting to worry her. Unfortunately, however, her older sister didn't answer and the call went straight to voice mail. Frowning, Genevieve tossed her phone on the end of the bed before preparing to go shower.

• OOC: I'd have to agree on that count.

IC: Orion snapped out of his thoughts, picking up the phone. "Hey." He quietly said. He wasn't sure if his parents had been taking anything out on her.

There was a sigh of relief from the other end. "Dad said hes locking the door. He said if you run away, you have to face that choice." She was speaking quietly, like she was worried their parents would overhear.

Orion gave a long sigh, trying to figure out where he was going to go if his own house was locked to him. His dad didn't give him a key, of course, because that meant giving away power that he had to control everything.

"I....I guess I'm sleeping outside?" His voice reeked with bitterness.

"No!" Aurora said it a little too loudly. "No, that's not....you'll freeze out there!"

"What else can I do? Dad will eat you alive if you open the door for me."

Aurora went silent. "I'll...I'll stay up late. And then...when he's asleep..."

"Aurora, no. Go to bed on time, and I will be-"

"Come home at 12." His sister hung up without giving him the chance to protest.

It was a cold night. Orion was essentially just walking slowly for hours, trying to keep his body temperature up. He draw strange glances from drivers, a young boy with a medium jacket and a backpack.

Outside had become so cold by 10:00 p.m. that he was struggling to stay awake from a combination of his exhaustion at the day's events and the utter coldness of outside. His phone said it was 38 degrees. He was shivering. He couldn't feel his hands. His nose, his ears, his lips were beyond cold. He was in danger of receiving frostbite if this continued too long.

But there was nothing he could do to actually stop it. He waited until it was 11:30, jogging his way back home. He wasn't sure if he'd have to wait longer, but he was pretty sure he would drop dead on the spot if he ended up having to do so. He gently pressed and twisted the doorknob, and sighed in relief as it gave way.

He stepped inside quietly, shutting the door and re-locking it. He turned around and gave a quiet cry of surprise as he saw his mother, sitting at the kitchen table, staring at him.

"Go sleep in your sister's room. He'll check your room in the morning." She lifted up a bottle of beer, taking a long gulp on the drink before setting it back on the table.

Orion didn't say anything, silently making his way to his sister's room, cracking the door open, slipping through, and then closing it again. "Aurora?" He said quietly.

He heard a sigh of relief. "I thought you were dad." She said quietly.

He sighed, still shivering from his eight or so hours outside. "T-thanks, Aurora, I...I think I was going to freeze out there..." He set his backpack out of sight. "Look, I...can't sleep in my room. I have to take the floor."

"No," She quickly piped up. "I...its fine. Just...you're cold anyways. You need blankets, and to snuggle with someone."

Her reassuring whisper brought a smile to his face. He let himself settle down beside her, wrapping his arm around his sister as she cuddled in closer to him. "Love you," He whispered.

"Love you too."

• OOC:
    Okay ^_^ Slightest timejump to morning~*~*~*~

IC:
    The next day, Genevieve woke up to her father shaking her shoulder about ten minutes before her alarm went off. Furthermore, he refused to leave until she actually got out of bed and threatened to confiscate her phone if she didn't listen to him. It was things like this that drove the young teen insane.

"I'm up!" she snapped as her father started counting to three. "Gosh, dad! I'm not a little kid anymore! Geez!" The older man crossed his arms and told her to watch her attitude before leaving the room. Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, she sat for a few minutes, trying to actually wake up. She'd gone to bed rather early the night before, sleeping like a baby, despite her concern about what the new day had in store for her.

Heaving a sigh, Genna forced herself out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom to begin working on her makeup. It had become a skill she'd mastered quite nicely over the years. She still looked natural except for the black eyeliner and shadow that made her dark eyes pop beautifully. She also tied her hair back in a braid that came down between her shoulder blades. A few strands hung around her face cutely so she decided to leave them be.

Next was her outfit. She considered wearing something less appealing to shake off Trent, but the girl could've worn a potato sack and still killed it. So instead of purposefully dressing down, she dressed like she would any day. Slipping a navy colored dress over her head, she adjusted it in the mirror. It was a bit short, showing off her long, attractive legs, but if she could just get past her parents, she'd be fine. The dress itself was plain, but complimented her curves nicely. It looked even better when she tied a red flannel around her waist. Instead of heels, she decided to go with an old pair of white converse tennis shoes and her outfit was complete.

Taking a breath, she turned in the mirror to admire her choice in clothing. Her dad yelled at her to pick up the pace, from the kitchen and she rolled her perfectly done eyes before grabbing her backpack, she walked to the door, stopping to grab a set of dog tags Daniel had sent her. She was tossing the chain over her head on the way out the door.

"Whoa, there, young lady-" her father started, but she quickly cut him off with a wave.

"Sorry, guys, late for school! Love you! Bye!" And with that, she pulled the door closed behind her and made her way towards the building where she'd be trapped for the next eight hours. Honestly, she had plenty of time to get there, but she'd needed to get out without having to go through dress code check. Her parents were a bit intense when it came to dress code but if she could get out of the house before they got a good look at her, she could usually make it work.

By the time she got to school, the cold had started to actually set in on her. She had been walking relatively fast on the way and the effort to keep up a quick pace had kept her warm, but now that she was slowing down, she noticed her breath puffing past her perfectly polished lips and the way the cold bit at her bare arms. The sleeves to her dress came just over her shoulders a bit. Luckily, it would warm up by the time she had to walk home and she would be inside for the rest of the day. Steeling herself, she adjusted her backpack and walked into the building.

• Orion gave an exhausted grunt as he felt himself being shoken awake. He heard someone shhhhing him, and then he finally popped his eyes open with a cough as his sister climbed over him to get out of the bed. "Really?" His exhausted voice, in a whisper, croaked out. His sister giggled as she swung her feet over him and placed them on the floor.

"Just making sure you know who's boss in my room." She whispered back with a light giggle."

His sister stood up, taking clothes out of a simple dresser and leaving her room to change out of her nightgown in the bathroom.

Orion didn't move for a few minutes, scared of running into his father if he left his sibling's room. He heard the stormier man loudly making his way around the house, then heard him speaking, asking if Orion was home. He heard a reticent squeak from his sister, saying she was just checking to see if he was in his room.

Another uncomfortable minute passed before her sister walked in, a simple navy blue shirt and matching jeans on. She was holding a dark green shirt and blue jeans matching her own's color, along with socks and underwear. She quietly placed them by him. "You...won't be able to shower, but..." He thanked her quietly and she left, and he soon heard the sound of a shower.

Orion changed, and a few minutes later his mother popped in. "I'll drive you and Aurie today, okay?" He looked at her for a moment, surprised at the offer, then nodded. "Thanks."

His mother told his father that she was driving Aurora, and despite his angry protests, she wouldn't budge. She snuck Orion out as well, getting them both in the car fast and driving off.

The three of them were silent the whole way, until her mother pulled into the high school and told both of them that she'd pick them up as well. They both thanked her, and got out, entering the school together.

• Ignoring the looks she attracted as Genevieve made her way to her locker, she held her head high. She wished Daniel was still there with her. She would've felt a lot better about facing the rest of the school year with jerks like Trent. But Daniel wasn't here and better still, she hadn't heard from him in a couple weeks. He was in some sort of training somewhere across the country, but up until now, she'd been getting normal phone calls and skype messages. To put it simply, she missed her best friend.

Reaching her locker after maneuvering the halls for a couple minutes, Genna entered the combination and began picking out the items she would need for the first few classes. She wouldn't head back towards her locker until after lunch, so it was best to go ahead and collect what she would need early.

Genna's locker was nothing especially special, but it had a few pictures held to the walls by magnets. There were a few pictures of her and Daniel as well as a picture of her and her sister at the airport. Other than these, there were some little sketches or letters from her friend. Again, she missed him terribly. Pushing the thought aside, she reached up to the top shelf of her locker, trying to grab a book she'd foolishly put up too high. The senior was tall, but the book sat just out of reach. As she reached, her dress inched higher and higher, revealing more of her thighs. Irritated at the catcalls and rude comments that were aroused from the crowd, she came back down on flat feet and used another book to knock the other book down. She hated high school.

• Orion followed his sister the whole way to her locker. He hadn't placed anything in his yesterday, having rushed out of the school.

He spoke quietly with his sister, talking about their shared fears about what their father had done, and if they would be safe going back home.

Orion's attention was distracted by nearby catcalls and whistles, and he tried to figure out why, but couldn't figure it out.

He returned his attention to his sister. He mentioned it was close toclass starting.

She nodded sadly. "I wish I had classes with you..." She quietly whined.

Orion kissed her forehead, then nodded in agreement. "There's still a semester left. Maybe we'll get in art the same period."

• Closing her locker, Genna pulled the sleeves of the flannel a little tighter around her small waist before marching off down the hall, avoiding and annoying her audience, thouroughly. She merely rolled her eyes when one jerk polietly informed her what he'd be willing to do with her. She kindly told him that he could do it with himself before moving around him and re-entering the main hall.

Taking a deep breath, she composed herself and looked around. There were a lot of people in the main hall, but luckily Trent didn't seem to be one of them. She did, however, notice Orion and a slightly younger girl standing right inside the entrance. She considered going over and greeting the boy, but then thought better of it. Adjusting her backpack, she turned and walked the other way instead, heading to her first class: English.

• Orion gave his sibling a hug before heading towards his first class. It was going to be a long day. He was, of course, now thinking of Genevieve and Trent, and what he could expect. He had Genevieve in all his even classes, two, four, and six; Trent was in his fourth and sixth as well.

He usually secluded himself during lunch, but he felt he would want to see his sister, to make sure she was okay.

He sighed as he sat down in his seat of his computer science class. He wasn't awake, interested enough, or motivated enough to deal with it at the moment.

• Class seemed to be going painstakingly slow today. She loved English, but the teacher was droning on and on about concepts that Genevieve couldn't care less about. Besides that, she had a lot on her mind. Much like her art teacher, however, Genna's 1st period instructor didn't mind too much when the girl retreated into her own world. Today, however, Genna was deep into a page of doodling when the bell rang. She was so focused that it wasn't until the kind aged woman came up to her and let her know it was time to go that she snapped out of her trance.

"Hm? Oh... thanks, Ms. April," Genna said, standing and gathering her things. The teacher seemed concerned, but Genna rushed out before she could ask anything. As she moved down the hallway, she held her loose books to her chest. She still held her head high, refusing to show the world the anxiety that rested in her belly. She had fourth period, fifth, and sixth with Trent and she wasn't looking forward to dealing with that in the slightest. That was almost all afternoon and as she had made herself a target, the young girl imagined she would be doing a lot of calming down in the art room 7th period. If she could just make it until then, everything would be fine.

Entering her second period class, Genevieve dropped her books on the table, careful not to let any of them fall off the edge. She flattened her dress out a bit before sitting down and waiting for the bell to ring. Other students were still pouring in, meaning she hadn't been as rushed as she'd thought.

• Orion was almost late to the governmental studies class. He thought he would be singled out, as the teacher was usually rather strict and unforgiving, but a lot of students seemed to be coming in late, and the teacher wasn't particularly critical of anyone student.

He didn't notice Genevieve, not even having noticed in the past where she sat. He was luckily towards the back, where he wouldn't be singled out for the fact that his hair was a mess because of his lack of a shower that morning. He probably didn't smell like butterflies and perfume either.

• OOC:
    "Butterflies and perfume" x'D

Also, should we just skip to fourth period and get some drama started up in here? It could be gym or something? Unless you had something planned, Idk, just a thought ~

IC:
    Genna had her notebook out and ready to take notes as the teacher stood to start class. She watched boredly as the older woman eyed the class over her glasses. Unlike a few of her teachers, the governmental studies professor was unforgiving when anyone didn't pay attention in her class. Genevieve had been caught doodling in there on more than one occasion and the woman had been unpleasant to deal with to say the least.

So, despite being antsy about the day, Genna forced herself to not turn to the sweet drug of pencil on paper. Rather, she waited to start taking notes, a process that would drag time on even slower for the young senior. She didn't know Orion shared the class with her as she usually sat towards the middle of the classroom and generally came in on time.

• Ooc: Ahahah :p

Also I have a lunch thing planned, so we can skip up past third period but after I have a scene after that.

IC: Orion couldn't focus on anything. His father and his sister were the only things retaining his attention. Fear for his sister, fear of his father. Even if it had been because he was drunk, his father had crossed a barrier that Orion believed couldn't be come back from.

The teacher began announcing that there was a project about the way the Senate and House were set up, and that groups of two to three would be getting together to formulate how they worked. She said that she reluctantly is allowig groups to work together, as the class had been good and the semester was almost over.

• OOC:
    Sounds good to me ^_^

Also, slight idea: what if Genna and Trent dated once back in their freshman year and then that's another reason he's so possessive over her?

IC:
    Genna decided to approach Orion about working together when the teacher mentioned allowing group work. Seeing as this was a rare occasion and Genevieve didn't want to work with someone who was going to be awkwardly ogling her the whole time, she made her way over to where she saw the boy sitting. She sat down across from him, turning the chair to face him.

"I see you didn't ice your face, last night," she said passively, noticing the dark bruising around his eye that only seemed to have gotten worse. "I assume you made it home alright?" Remembering their encounter the day before, Genna watched his face closely for a sign of some telling emotion. "Anyway, any idea what we're doing for this project?" she asked boredly, switching the subject to the actual assignment as the old woman passed by so as not to get either of them in trouble.

• OOC: Yeah, I could go for that.

IC: Orion was snapped out of his thoughts as Genevieve sat in front of him, engaging in conversation with him. A flash of guilt was clear after she said she was sure he got home. He averted his gaze, looking down and playing with his pencil.
    He was grateful as she continued speakig about the project. "Yeah, we umm...detail how the Senate and House are run...like, how many in each, how they're elected, etc..." He shrugged and figured it was straightforward. Wikipedia could do more than these boring lectures.