This isn't the way we're supposed to be

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Traditional RP will no longer allow non-canon breeds, but existing characters that are non-canon are grandfathered in. More information can be found here.

Check out the Sanctum! An active new clan with a great community and more than meets the eye.

• Orion tilted his head with surprise as Genevieve didn't even speak to him, barely acknowledging his question. Going quiet and feeling like the world just hated him, he stared down silently at his work and absentmindedly began completing the tasks Genevieve had given him.
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • ooc;
      don't know what to write... Genna's irritated at Orion and pretty much everyone else in the world, atm so... any ideas?
      Iғ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ·s ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ғᴀʀ I·ʟʟ ɢᴏ

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • OOC: Well, at some point we need a confrontation between the two of them because of the choices that Orion made. Specifically because Orion doesn't know what his actions caused to happen.
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • ooc;
      yes, but I think we should wait just a bit for that since Genna isn't sure what Aurora told Orion and she doesn't want to just come out and say something that will get the younger girl in trouble, y'know? so until Gen decides to blow up on Orion (potentially after an encounter with Trent where she's all on edge and everything?) she just seems like she's in a bad mood - I just don't know what to write until then

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • OOC: Perhaps at this moment without bringing Aurora into it Genevieve would try to figure a little more about the home situation Orion has? Or perhaps we can skip the class and have that conversation in a more private environment like the hall at the start of another class.
    • ooc;
      i think a timeskip sounds good to me ^_^ something could happen at lunch or whenever they're leaving to head to fourth period and she could start prying a bit?

• ooc;
      alright, do you wanna start?

• Bumper Cars ~ No rush

• Orion was experiencing great unease as the class continued, mainly due to the utter silence that Genna was maintaining as class continued. Besides the occasional quiet question, she wasn't speaking a bit, and it was unnerving him, especially in comparison to how much she usually spoke. He continuously swung back and forth between an urge to speak up and ask her what, if anything, was wrong, but consistently felt doubt panging throughout him about whether it was his right to pry into her issues, and as he consistently moved back and forth between trying to decide what to do, time passed quickly and the bell eventually was ringing.

He packed up his things and the segments of the work that Genevieve wanted him to handle. Usually, he wouldn't care, but after how kind and friendly she had been to him, he felt like it was important for him to do the work she asked him to.

Leaving the class, he tried to catch her attention to say something.
    • Genna was walking towards the lunchroom, still looking awfully unapproachable by anyone with any common sense. Normally, boys would make catcalls or off comments about her body or the way she was dressed, but today, for some reason, the onlookers remained silenced. She didn't notice Orion trying to get her attention until she was almost to the cafeteria. Turning on him, she tried to rediscover her general cool attitude. "What's up?" she asked, doing a quick scan to make sure Trent wasn't watching. Even if she was irritated with Orion, she didn't want Trent to get the wrong idea and beat the crap out of the kid.

• Orion took a deep breath, holding it for several seconds as he quickly cycled through his thoughts, trying in a panic to find what he wanted to say.

"Uhh...nothing, just...you want to eat lunch together?" He cleared his throat awkwardly. It was the first time he had asked someone that question in high school.

Of course, he had no idea of the danger that might come with Trent seeing them. He had been quiet and paid little attentioned to Orion throughout fourth period, but he had no idea of this.
    • Genna hesitated. She was frustrated with the boy, but she didn't want to snub him completely. He didn't deserve that. Looking around again, she sighed, running a hand across her forehead to move her hair out of her eyes. She had been lucky that her cheek hadn't bruised after Trent's slap the day before. There would have been no hiding that from her parents. Looking at Orion, she just couldn't decide. "Look... I would like to eat with you... but I don't think it's a good idea... It's not a good idea for anyone to be around me right now..." What was she supposed to say? She assumed Aurora hadn't revealed the senior's secret to Orion, but what excuse could she give that wouldn't sound like she was trying to avoid him.

Trent had too many friends... eyes everywhere. Even talking to Orion right now was probably going to spell out bad news later and though she didn't want to be afraid of Trent, she didn't want to be responsible for anyone getting hurt. She'd taken the fall last time - she'd taken most of the damage because she'd been too scared to come forth. This time, she was taking the hurt to keep others from suffering the same way she was. How was she supposed to explain that to people without revealing what was happening? As soon as Trent's actions against her were out in the open, word would get back to her parents and she'd be sent away again. She wouldn't escape this nightmare. She'd be stuck. Again.

The stiffness in the young girl's body was a cruel reminder of what Trent was capable of when he wasn't necessarily trying to hurt someone. In some twisted way, he thought he loved her. She couldn't imagine what he would do to someone he hated... That was why it was so hard for her to say yes to Orion. The bruise that painted his face where Trent had hit him just three days earlier was an unpleasant warning that could easily become much worse. She couldn't be responsible for that. Not again...

• Orion showed no change of expression as Genevieve told him that it wasn't a good plan. Normally, the senior would of probably grown irritated or indignant at such a strange response, not appreciative of the answer which obviously was just being told to avoid him. For some reason, she just didn't want to associate with him. Something that he had said or done that he wasn't realizing. Maybe...maybe their talk the previous day about gender, when she was getting irritated with what he said about women.

Nonetheless, she wanted nothing to do with him. It was a bitter feeling, something that he was having trouble defining; yet, it was dangerously familiar, a feeling of familiar disappointment mixed with hopelessness. That someone he was trying to be kind to, that he wanted to befriend, had grown irritated and sick of him.

Feeling the very start of tears as his mind cycled through his old emotions, he said nothing in response, simply turning around, not even entering the cafeteria, and quickly walked off. He didn't feel hungry now.
    • "Orion!" Genna instantly felt terrible for turning the boy down, but it was for his own good. If only he knew what was at stake. If he knew what kind of trouble she was in... But no. she couldn't tell him what was going on. Then they'd never see each other again anyway. Still, the knot that had formed in her stomach had rather destroyed her appetite. Turning away from the cafeteria, she began walking towards the art room.

Upon arriving in the art room, Genevieve was highly dismayed to find her muse completely frayed. This had happened a few times before and it had been enough to make her want to pull her hair out. The last time it had been this bad was around the time after she'd been assaulted. Her mind had been so crazy that she hadn't been able to relay her emotions in any way, even in art. That was when you knew something was wrong.

Finally getting mad at her lack of creativity, Genna angrily threw her ruined canvas into the trashcan, releasing a loud frustrated growl. She tossed her brushes onto the table and raised her hand to her forehead, pressing the flat of her wrist against her head as she closed her eyes, trying to calm down. Paint splattered her skin, staining it multiple colors. Luckily, however, it was mostly dried by that point so none of it got on her face. Looking at the time, she realized she wouldn't have time to wash it off before gym.

Gym. She had never wanted to go to a specific class less. Trent would be there and she would have to act like nothing was wrong and he would think that what he'd done was okay. He'd keep coming at her and as much as she didn't want to admit it, she wasn't entirely sure she could take it much longer. If her lack of artistic ability was any sign, she was already screwed.

Picking up her backpack and her purse, the young senior left the room as the art teacher was returning. He'd long since given her a key and was rarely surprised to see her. After a quick greeting and farewell, she was gone, down the hall. Arriving at gym, she quickly went to change, only to remember that there was no way in heck she was showing off any skin today. Walking back out in the same tight jeans and sweatshirt she'd entered with, she told the coach she would still walk the laps but she wasn't changing. Though he looked at her funny, he shrugged and let her go. Joining the other students outside, Gen slowly started walking the track around the football stadium, wishing she had her phone. If Trent attacked her today, she couldn't even threaten to call someone for help... then again, she did have pretty strong lungs. Screaming for help was always an option... Though that would shed light on what was happening. Another problem for the young female. Still, holding her head high, she walked around, keeping an eye out for trouble.

• Orion knew he could just head to his next class. He could work on the classwork early, or do the homework he had had no mind to do the previous day(having been drunk). He was walking dizzily, feeling fatigue and intense sadness swirling around in his head. Quickly, it was turning into a sick feeling in his stomach, and the sudden taste of bile in his mouth was enough to warn him of what was coming.

He rushed into the closest bathroom, not even noticing that it was for females. If he had been paying attention, he would of noticed the lack of urinals, but he was focused on simply reaching a toilet. As soon as he hit his knees in the stall, vomit forced its way out of his body.

It must of been only ten seconds, but it felt so much longer. He coughed and gagged after it was finished, the overwhelming taste and smell of bile lingering within his mouth and nose for far too long. He heard a gasp behind him as he was just about to rise, and water turned on, and a few moments later, a hand on his arm was urging him up and towards the water.

He tried to clear his mouth of the disgusting taste, having to fill his mouth and spit the water out two or three times. When he finally felt okay(though he really wasn't), he turned to the girl who had helped him. "Uhh...thanks..." His cheeks flushed red, the embarrassing nature of a girl walking in to see what she had seen now striking him.

The girl covered her nose, moving into the stall he had used and flushing it. She came back out, concern clear on her face.

The girl stood almost eye level with him. Her light green eyes focused on his and she brushed a stray strand of her amber-red hair out of her face, annoyed it had come free of her ponytail. She opened her mouth to speak, asking if he was okay. A thick, clear Russian accent lingered within her words, and she cleared her throat and awkwardly repeated her question as she messed up the pronunciation of one of the words.

Orion was taking slow, deep breaths, trying to clear this disgusting smell from his nostrils. "Yeah...I'm okay...thank you..." He sighed, running a hand through his displaced hair to fix it. "I'm sorry for, uh..." He glanced around, making sure his assumption was correct. "Sorry for using your restroom. I just..."

"No, no, no, no." She put a hand on his shoulder, a forward gesture. "It is fine. You needed to use it. Don't worry about that." She removed her hand after a moment. "You have the lunch?" She questioned. "Or...you are not feeling hunger?" She figured that was the better guess, being that he had jut vomited.

• Never one to rely too much on her phone for comfort, Genna was antsy as all heck when she couldn't check the time or see if she had any messages. She couldn't imagine what Trent would want with a busted up cell phone, anyway, but as hard as he'd thrown it, she doubted it still worked even... But what if it did? What could he possibly do with it? The only people she was ever in contact with was her parents, Daniel - who she hadn't heard from in weeks, her sister Addie, and recently, Aurora. Trent wouldn't dare contact her parents and anything he remembered about Daniel would be completely different now. Dan was no longer the scrawny kid that Trent had been able to push around and mess with. No, Daniel was a navy seal now. He was ripped and if he had even half an idea of what was going on back home, he'd come running to kick Trent's butt.

The unease of the whole situation just made Genevieve uncomfortable as she continued walking her laps around the stadium. So far she hadn't seen Trent. Was she lucky enough to have avoided him for the day? Maybe he'd been too scared to show his face after she'd bruised his nose... Still, the discomfort in the very core of her body, as well as the unerving feeling she was being watched kept her on her toes. He wouldn't try anything to severe at school, but she still didn't want any part of him anywhere near her... So where was he?

ooc;
      i'm thinking genna and trent need to have a run in so that genna's mad enough to blow up on orion. if it happens now, she can just skip algebra and add some drama, y'know?

unless you have something else planned
      which is great too ^_^

• OOC: I was thinking of having him torture her passively, constantly watching her and toying with her throughout gym. Do you think they need a direct confrontation?
    • ooc;
      i mean, honestly, it probably won't take too much for him to push her to the edge at this point, then all she'll need is one off comment from Orion and she'll lose it

• Trent was strangely distant throughout most of the class. He was talking with some of the brutes he called friends, though really he had simply been able to beat them in fights, so they respected him...feared him. It seemed, every time Genevieve glanced towards them, Trent was turning away from her, like he was looking covertly. This continued on for a lengthy fifteen to twenty minutes.

After awhile, it seemed the group was drawing closer. Walking around the track, the group was slowly increasing their speed, slowly closely the distance between them and her.

Orion nodded quickly. "I'm not hungry...ummm...yeah..." He awkwardly looked towards the stall that he had just vomited in.

"Ahh, yes...not hungry..." She averted her gaze as she realized she had spoken incorrectly. English was such a hard language. "I am hungry, so I am going to eat. But...are you okay? Are you sick?"

Orion shook his head. "No, just...happened suddenly," He nervously chuckled. "Sorry again..."

The girl walked out of the bathroom with him, attracting some very weird glances from those heading towards the cafeteria. "I don't know you. What year are you?"

"Oh, umm...i'm a senior." He quietly cleared his throat, gazing around as he saw the glances of the many individuals around them.

"Oh, wow. I'm just the...uhh..." She racked her brain for the word, and her cheeks went a hot red as she couldn't remember it. "The 2nd year."

"Sophomore?"

"Yes. Sorry..." She cleared her throat awkwardly.