This isn't the way we're supposed to be

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Traditional RP will no longer allow non-canon breeds, but existing characters that are non-canon are grandfathered in. More information can be found here.

Check out the Sanctum! An active new clan with a great community and more than meets the eye.

• This isn't the way we're supposed to be

Hi there!

I want to o a roleplay where I play a a high school boy who is raised in a family who sports unequal views between males and females. My character is subject to constant urging to be a certain way as a boy, and to treat girls a certain way. He doesn't have many friends, is insecure, and doesn't meet the values his families say he should. He meets your character, a girl who shares a few classes with him. She sees goodness in him, and they develop a friendship.

He begins expressing what he has been taught to in regards to how to treat girls, but your character doesn't like it. The roleplay develops as she tries to teach him how to see them as equal and how to act in turn.

Thanks for reading :) Hope you're interested!
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • Track ~ About to have class so I'll work on this a little later if that's okay ^_^
      Iғ I ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ·s ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟɪɴɢ ʜᴏᴡ ғᴀʀ I·ʟʟ ɢᴏ

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • Question: is this realistic humans or anime or something else? Sorry, trying to pick out a character and I wasn't sure which way you were wanting to go with this

The semester is almost over & I apologize for being so inactive! I promise once things calm down, I will be back ~
    • I was thinking realistic. If you really want to do anime i'm open to the idea but i'm not sure how it is different so I probably won't be all that great at it.
      Cutest Asriel Gif Ever http://ransaros.deviantart.com/art/Asriel-gif-576143469<br />
      <br />My love of Photography displayed here: http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/shadowstar1226/profile/
    • Oh no! I was just asking cause you didn't have a pic up ^_^ I'm perfectly happy doing real humans

• Allison Michelle Michaels

Is this okay?

• Yup, works great!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Orion Archie
      Similar to this; add some freckles, a little more weight, less shoulder broadness.
    • Cool beans ~ I assume you'll be starting?

• Orion's head was scattered, trying to process the information that was assaulting him at high speeds. The calculus on the board was so far beyond his abilities, and his panic was clear in his face.

Making the situation harder was the fact that his mind was always filled with other thoughts besides the task at hand. Thoughts of home, of his family, of his career. His family, his father especially, haunted his thoughts always, judging every movement, every word he spoke, every action. His father seemed to want a second version of himself. It didn't feel right to Orion; he took issue with how...aggressive his father was. Fighting, and yelling, and drinking, and then getting pissed at everyone else when they took issue with it.

His sister...he loved his sister. A lot. He wanted her to be safe, to have no fears in the world, but she had many. Most revolved around herself; 'I'm too stupid for this class,' 'My hair was cut too short,' 'They don't like how I look,' 'No one will ever be interested in me.' These thoughts seemed to be what his sister was obsessed with, and he couldn't figure out why. He was taught that it was more important to have confidence, to have strength and assertiveness, than to have great appearances. Yet, his sister was obsessed with them. This was what he was trying to get her to dismiss; appearances meaning her value. But she simply couldn't see it.

And his mother...he felt like he didn't know her. She was just...quiet. She didn't talk a lot, at least since his childhood, other than to distribute the outside chores like lawnmowing and leaf-raking to him. She expected him to do a lot more of them, and many more of the more intense ones. His sister was stuck with 'feed the cat,' 'clean your room,' and such duties. It was completely stupid how much easier she was on his sister. But he didn't blame his sister for it; it was his mom's demands.

Shit, where are we...I... He looked at the clock. He had been lost in thought for almost five minutes, and was about 287% behind from the content the teacher was explaining.
    • Genevieve was bored out of her mind as she waited for the bell to ring. She'd finished her math about half an hour ago and now was just listening to the professor drone on and on about a topic she had no interest in. Math was one of her stronger points and she didn't need a teacher to tell her how to do it. What she needed was to get out of here and head out into the real world where the walls were less confining and people were less predictable.

As the professor continued to bore the class to sleep, Genna let her mind wander. She silently went over a to-do list of things she would need to accomplish before the day'd run its course. She needed to call her sister and check in on how things were in Europe where she would hopefully be joining the older girl after graduation. Her parents had been driving her up the walls lately and she couldn't wait to move out and get some space.

Leaning back a little, she stretched in an attempt to wake herself up, catching sight of the intricate tattoo on left bicep and smiled at the memory it brought forth. She'd been slightly tipsy with her friend Daniel and the two had convinced each other to get tattoos. Daniel's had been some book reference that Genna didn't actually understand and had ignored when he tried to explain. Her tattoo, had been less complicated. A small bird, stretching its wings sat inked into her skin for the rest of her life. Her parents had gone mental when they saw it.

As she stared at the art on her arm, she wished to be free like a bird. She wished she could get out of this school and out of this town and just fly away from overbearing parents, teachers, and responsibilities. She wanted to grow up and stop being treated like a child. She wanted to be herself.

"Genevieve! Come up here and finish explaining this problem," the instructor barked at her, clearly pleased at the thought that he'd finally caught her off guard. Doing a quick once over of the board, she shrugged and stood, making her way forward.

Genna had always been confident in herself. She was pretty with her long dark locks and her lithe, slender body. It had taken a bit for her to grow into her limbs, but once she had, she worked it. Today, she wore tight-fit jeans that complimented every curve and a loose white shirt with a droopy tree on the front that said "happily ever after" on the front in black cursive letters. Once she reached the front of the room, aware of everyone staring at her, she quickly finished the equation before turning to the shorter man boredly. "Anything else, Sir?" she asked, her voice neutral but challenging. He glared at her for a moment before releasing an irritated humph and nodding her back to her desk. Sighing and resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she did indeed move back to her seat.

• Orion gave a quiet sigh as the teacher called out one of the ultra-genius students for not paying attention. He did it all the time, calling on a student not paying attention and then either getting showed up or trying to use the student as a lesson. It was stupid and boring.

Genevieve went up to the board, and he grunted quietly with irritation as he heard various quips like "what an ass on that one" and "Wow, love to shove mine in that." He shook his head slowly. They were certainly stereotypical teenagers.

That's what his dad wanted. He wanted Orion's mind on sex, on girls, on 'getting it.' It didn't feel right. The brain was so much more important. What someone could do, how much someone wanted to learn. That mattered more.

He watched in awe as the girl whizzed through the problem. He...expected it, but...seeing it was still...incredible.

Catcalling whistles were audible from a few as she returned to her desk. Orion watched her face as she returned, observing her irritation at the teacher.
    • Genna was used to the catcalls when she moved before a crowd. They were a bit annoying to her, but she found herself egging them on from time to time by blowing a kiss and then rolling her eyes or curtsying sarcastically. Boys generally had their brains in their pants, so she didn't worry too much about dating. She'd had a few relationships in the past, but by her current single status, they hadn't worked out.

Sitting herself back down in the uncomfortable chair, she went back to what she'd been doing, staring at the clock blankly and wishing time would pass faster. The teacher wouldn't call her out again, so she didn't have to pay any attention for the remainder of class. There was only so much humiliation adults were willing to take from teenagers.

When staring at the clock didn't work in making it move faster, Genna decided to try something else. Doodling. She'd always enjoyed the small hobby, the strokes of the pencil coming together to create something out of nothing. It was a decent way to kill time, if nothing else.

By the time the bell finally did ring, her pencil had taken on a mind of its own. She'd drawn all over the empty page. In the bottom was the form of a woman lying on her back, propping herself up with one arm. Her hair completely covered her face and she wore no clothes. There were, however, no details of her nudity. Above that, she'd sketched a rough replica of the bird tattoo on her arm and smiled. A camera had been scribbled in the top right corner. Various other drawings scattered the page, but she didn't have time to remember them all. Standing, she started moving towards the classroom exit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samoan ().

• It took Orion another minute to take his gaze away from the girl. He could not comprehend how the girl so easily absorbed everything displayed in this class and could recite the processes perfectly. Hell, he couldn't handle Algebra and skated through by cleaning the classroom and staying after class. A lot.

The bell finally rung, and he sighed, standing up and, again, debating within his mind how he was going to manage to learn all of this shit. He hated it, and was so far behind in comprehension.

He tried making his way towards the exit quickly, but one of the other students made his way there first.

"Whooooooa. Rushing out a little fast, yeah? Remember what we talked about last week? You're going to follow me, and you're going to do this for me."

Orion stared blankly at Trent. This guy...was a dick. He didn't even know how much Orion hated the subject, but he was quiet, and he didn't gossip and kowtow to Trent, so that must mean he was a nerd who was good at math.

"Figure it out yourself." He spat.

Trent stared at Orion for a moment, then pulled his arm back, winding up a punch, and smacking Orion directly in the face, knocking him straight back onto the ground, causing a few gasps and a few laughs as they gathered around.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ShadowStartheleader ().

• Genevieve hadn't managed to make it to the door before the drama happened. She saw a boy she didn't know being confronted by a larger boy, Trent, who everyone knew. Trent was an unpleasant individual and Genna had suffered through plenty of unwanted encounters with him. Now, however, as everyone laughed and stood back watching this event unfold, she felt a bit angry.

When Trent punched the boy, she'd had enough. "Hey!" she snapped, leaving her place in the crowd and approaching the bully confidently and without the slightest suggestion of fear. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size, Trent?" she asked harshly, her long dark hair falling around her shoulders like a waterfall of darkness. Her dark brown eyes bore into him as she placed herself between the two boys.

Where was the teacher? she wondered as she stared down the biggest jerk in the school. The older man may have been useless at teaching algebra, but he should've been on top of this fight, not a random girl from the class. Still, Genna didn't stand down as she felt all eyes on her. She wasn't going anywhere.

• Trent began chuckling amusedly when she approached him. "Oh, I'll pick on you all day!" He heard whistles around him, only bolstering him on. He pushed up against her, wrapping his arms around and moving his hands slowly down her back. "I'll show you a good time..." He was holding her tightly, not making it easy for her to escape.

Orion rose slowly, placing his fingers around his lips as he felt blood streaming from his nose. He gave a grunt of pain as he was rising, feeling a bruise that was certain to grow, situated somewhere between his eye and his nose.

"Trent!" The sharp voice of the old teacher sounded from somewhere in the crowd. "Off! Now!"

Trent gave a groan of annoyance. "Tomorrow." He jabbed Genna's chest with a finger before turning around and walking out, even as the teacher called after him to come back, not caring.
    • Genna wasn't one to let other people push her around, but when Trent came at her, she found she wasn't fast enough to avoid him. Gasping a bit as she was shoved against the wall, she grit her teeth and pulled her head as far from him as possible. She hated the feeling of his hands on her body and if he had been just slightly farther back, she would've gladly thrown her knee into his groin hard enough to assure he didn't reproduce.

Relief flooded through her when the teacher snapped at the boy, but she didn't take her eyes off his face. Her entire body was tense and she wasn't sure she wouldn't take a swing at him the second he let go. But then he did and he poked her hard in the chest. His threat echoed in her mind, but as he left the room, she glared after him for only a moment before walking to check on the other boy.

"Are you okay?" she asked irritably, running a hand through her hair. She was a bit on edge now, to say the least.

• Orion's gaze followed Trent as he left, his face containing a hateful glare. After he left, Orion's gaze finally turned to the girl who had prompted him with the question. His hand still covered his bleeding nose, dripping blood down his hand as he did so. "I'm just peachy. Thanks." His voice was bitter and sarcastic, a result of Trent's actions. He didn't particularly mean it against the girl, but his anger at being punched was uncensored at the moment.

The teacher sighed with irritation at the current situation. Trent had left; this meant he had to go all the way to the office and report the incident. "Orion, go to the infirmary and get that helped." He turned to Genna, not even checking to see if Orion moved.

Quickly the teacher turned around. "Go to class!" He snapped at the crowd who still hadn't departed. They all scurried out.

He turned back to Genna. "I've seen people like Trent. A lot in my time. Its important you report him now. Before it gets..." He trailed off.
    • Genna's gaze hardened a bit at his tone, crossing her arms. "I guess next time I'll just let you make out with Trent's fist," she snapped irritably, sarcasm tinting her own voice. Geez, you try to help someone... She shook off the sick feeling of the older boy's hands on her body and turned to pick up her backpack where she'd dropped it before approaching him.

"Yeah, okay," Genna said, letting the teacher know she'd heard. She, however, had no intention of going and whining about the boy just yet. She was tough enough, but more importantly, she didn't want to get her parents involved. All she needed to do was survive a few more months, graduate, and move to Europe with her sister. Besides, if Trent touched her again, she'd kick his nuts so far into his body he'd need a sex change just to be considered a boy again.

Shouldering her bag and adjusting her shirt from where Trent had ruffled it, she took a few long strides towards the door. The school day was almost done and thank the heavens for that. She was more ready than anything to get away from the prison walls of the education building and back into the fresh air.

• Orion's eyebrows narrowed as she returned an equal amount of sarcasm to him. He opened his mouth to speak, but she had already turned to the teacher, spoken, and was leaving the classroom. He closed his mouth, shaking his head...well...not much, since his nose was...y'know...bleeding.

The teacher turned to Orion after Genna fired back at him and left. "That was incredibly rude. She walked up to Trent and put herself in that situation, and you treated her like it was her responsibility afterwards. I expect her to tell me that you apologized by end of class tomorrow."

Orion stared at the teacher as he seemed to passively threaten the boy. "She asked a stupid question with an obvious answer. Why would I-"

"She stopped Trent from beating the shit out of you, and she wanted to ensure you were okay. You shut her down." The teacher was having thoughts that behaviour like that was why people didn't like him, but he couldn't say that to a student. "Go to class. We'll be talking again if I don't hear about an apology tomorrow."

Orion stormed out of the class, angrily making his way to the final class of the day.